What browser should i use?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SaintLeonidas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 SaintLeonidas
Member since 2006 • 26735 Posts
I currently use Internet explorer. Everyone says firfox, but when ever i use that and do certain online games and sites it says i need to install flash player, which i have installed, then when i try installing again it still doesnt work. Is there any other good browsers.
xXBuffJeffXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 xXBuffJeffXx
Member since 2006 • 5913 Posts
I currently use Internet explorer. Everyone says firfox, but when ever i use that and do certain online games and sites it says i need to install flash player, which i have installed, then when i try installing again it still doesnt work. Is there any other good browsers.SaintLeonidas

I have that exact same problem with Firefox. If anybody knows how to fix it, let me know. I actually just started using Firefox, though, and I like it better than IE7. Some people try to make Firefox out to be leaps and bounds ahead of IE but it's really not. I just think it's slightly faster and has more options for customization.
EJ902

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 EJ902
Member since 2005 • 14338 Posts
I'd say Opera, for me it's the fastest and most reliable. It's also got the best security record according to Secunia, and has loads of features built in. It's also very customisable. For example, you can remove all and any buttons on the toolbar, place them wherever you want and add buttons that perform functions you want. That and a wide range 
of skins and widgets,  both easy to install.

If, however, you don't like having problems loading sites (a lot of sites are only checked in IE, so other browsers like Opera and Firefox might have trouble loading them), you could try Avant. It has a lot of features that Opera has, but it's an Internet Explorer shell, so it uses the same engine as Internet Explorer. If neither of those suit you IE7's probably the next best bet.
ice_radon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#4 ice_radon
Member since 2002 • 70464 Posts
You might also want to try the newest SeaMonkey. Its close to Firefox, but different. I like Seamonkey any day over Firefox now.
CodingGenius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#5 CodingGenius
Member since 2004 • 8118 Posts
I love FireFox. I just use IE for those few sites where the code has been optimized for IE.
razz_meister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 razz_meister
Member since 2003 • 467 Posts
Or just get the IE tab extension for firefox.
dawgsfan1447

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#7 dawgsfan1447
Member since 2004 • 5054 Posts
Or just get the IE tab extension for firefox.razz_meister
yep, what I do, and I've never had the problem with flash
Thorpe89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#8 Thorpe89
Member since 2004 • 16905 Posts
I'd say Opera, for me it's the fastest and most reliable. It's also got the best security record according to Secunia, and has loads of features built in. It's also very customisable. For example, you can remove all and any buttons on the toolbar, place them wherever you want and add buttons that perform functions you want. That and a wide range
of skins and widgets, both easy to install.

If, however, you don't like having problems loading sites (a lot of sites are only checked in IE, so other browsers like Opera and Firefox might have trouble loading them), you could try Avant. It has a lot of features that Opera has, but it's an Internet Explorer shell, so it uses the same engine as Internet Explorer. If neither of those suit you IE7's probably the next best bet. EJ902
Yeah, you can also move the buttons around in Mozilla Firefox.
soroush7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 soroush7
Member since 2003 • 1968 Posts
Firefox and Netscape are Ok.
xwolfghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#10 xwolfghost
Member since 2005 • 6076 Posts
It depends on what you like best. They don't really have anything special that makes them better then the other ones so you should just download some and try them out