What are your thoughts on Apple's new iWatch? You interested?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by The-Apostle (12193 posts) -

Anybody interested in Apple's iWatch?

http://www.cbc.ca/news/yourcommunity/2013/02/apple-iwatch-rumours-put-dick-tracy-fans-on-alert.html

#2 Posted by Apathetic_Prick (4784 posts) -

http://www.cbc.ca/news/yourcommunity/2013/02/apple-iwatch-rumours-put-dick-tracy-fans-on-alert.html

The-Apostle

First the douchePod.  Then the douchePhone.  Then the douchePad.  And now the doucheWatch.  Is there anything else that the trendy bunch of douchBags at Apple haven't thought of that someone else hasn't done before?

#3 Posted by Gaming-Planet (14423 posts) -

Another useless gimmick. 

#4 Posted by Fightingfan (38011 posts) -
But my phone already does all of that...
#5 Posted by Netherscourge (16354 posts) -

Looks horribly uncomfortable.

#6 Posted by CrimzonTide (12187 posts) -
It's just a knee-jerk reaction to stem belief that innovation is fading, and get a little confidence back after their sub-par earnings last quarter. I don't think it's the innovation they needed, but I think it's a better idea then forging on to create the iPhone 6 quicker. At least it's new.
#7 Posted by The-Apostle (12193 posts) -
I guess this is a pointless topic. I'm a tech geek, so I have to have all the latest technologies if I can afford them. Example: I was the first in my family to own a smart phone, only it was the first Android since the iPhone was exclusive to Cingular (now AT&T) and I was a T-Mobile subscriber at the time.
#8 Posted by Serraph105 (28554 posts) -

Didn't the cellphone kill the watch?

#9 Posted by Wolfetan (7522 posts) -

What the f**k is that.. Jesus, Apple, find something else to do in your spare time..

#10 Posted by lo_Pine (4978 posts) -

[QUOTE="The-Apostle"]

Apathetic_Prick

First the douchePod.  Then the douchePhone.  Then the douchePad.  And now the doucheWatch.  Is there anything else that the trendy bunch of douchBags at Apple haven't thought of that someone else hasn't done before?

iPad is still king of tablets. You didn't hear this from me, but my good friend whose a programming executive at Microsoft bought an iPad recently.
#11 Posted by SaintLeonidas (26733 posts) -
More interested in Google Glass.
#12 Posted by Riverwolf007 (24187 posts) -

it's like a regular watch but they charge you for the numbers individually.

#13 Posted by -Renegade (8340 posts) -
I haven't used a watch in years.
#14 Posted by MakeMeaSammitch (4585 posts) -

I have no interest in apple.

#15 Posted by TacticalDesire (10713 posts) -

I guess this is a pointless topic. I'm a tech geek, so I have to have all the latest technologies if I can afford them. Example: I was the first in my family to own a smart phone, only it was the first Android since the iPhone was exclusive to Cingular (now AT&T) and I was a T-Mobile subscriber at the time.The-Apostle

Well, alot of OT has this unhealthy hatred for Apple.  Sure, I'll agree their products are overpriced and a good portion of their userbase isn't that techologically aware, but I also think there's probably some resentment from certain elitist basement geeks who don't like all of this being mainstreamed.  Obviously I'm not accusing you as being one of them.

#16 Posted by k2theswiss (16599 posts) -
apple... lol haha
#17 Posted by LoG-Sacrament (20397 posts) -

i don't really see what a watch would do that a cellphone couldn't. i'd never leave the house without my cellphone anyway. i just can't imagine a use for it or what apple might try as a pitch. i mean, the ipad is a niche laptop but it at least has a niche.

i don't see this as anything more than an R&D project at apple.

#18 Posted by en-z-io (3390 posts) -
Looks awful. I see watches as having two purposes: (1) utilitarian (i.e., telling time), and (2) as an accessory to supplement your fashion. I just don't see any need for a bulky and unattractive device around my wrist.
#20 Posted by Blue_Shield (2610 posts) -

Seems like the caculator watch all again.

Personally, I see no real purpose of this device.

#21 Posted by k2theswiss (16599 posts) -

i don't really see what a watch would do that a cellphone couldn't. i'd never leave the house without my cellphone anyway. i just can't imagine a use for it or what apple might try as a pitch. i mean, the ipad is a niche laptop but it at least has a niche.

LoG-Sacrament
smart watches isn't trying take over cell phones they are attempting to emerge them so you don't have to take them out of your pocket to do simple task. (see who's calling, text, change song, info, time,ect )
#22 Posted by LoG-Sacrament (20397 posts) -
[QUOTE="LoG-Sacrament"]

k2theswiss
smart watches isn't trying take over cell phones they are attempting to emerge them so you don't have to take them out of your pocket to do simple task. (see who's calling, text, change song, info, time,ect )

i guess it would make sense given the distinction between some of their laptop/tablet lines, but i would hope most people could reach into their pocket.
#23 Posted by k2theswiss (16599 posts) -
[QUOTE="k2theswiss"][QUOTE="LoG-Sacrament"]

LoG-Sacrament

i guess it would make sense given the distinction between some of their laptop/tablet lines, but i would hope most people could reach into their pocket.

are are not the only ones doing it. Anyways i know what you mean it does seem lazy but, i like the idea.
#24 Posted by Pirate700 (46465 posts) -

But my phone already does all of that...Fightingfan
This. The iWatch serves zero purpose.

#25 Posted by tenaka2 (17040 posts) -

you kids are dumb, everyone knows technology thats strapped to your wrist is the future. this is the first step, then it will get upgrades year after year, and it will be the ultimate day to day device for transactions and daily lifeJustSignedUp

This, and Jack Harkness is the proof.

#26 Posted by LJS9502_basic (152394 posts) -
Seems stupid. Phones have what we need and if I were to wear a watch..it would be something classy....not tacky.
#27 Posted by FMAB_GTO (14385 posts) -
Seems stupid. Phones have what we need and if I were to wear a watch..it would be something classy....not tacky.LJS9502_basic
yeah, I still like tik tik ones!
#28 Posted by Pittfan666 (8534 posts) -
Prob be too expensive like everything else Apple releases.
#29 Posted by Pirate700 (46465 posts) -

Seriously, what is the point of this other than to give Apple sheep one more product to have to buy over and over again every 6 months? Cell phones do all of this already and we don't have to have them strapped to our wrists.

#30 Posted by th3warr1or (20641 posts) -
I'll stick with a Swiss-made automatic, thank you.
#31 Posted by Lonelynight (30041 posts) -
why are they so uncreative with their product names
#32 Posted by LeBump (85 posts) -

Wasnt there suppose to be an Iphone mini? And they mentioned something about an ipad mini too didnt they?

#33 Posted by tumbIew33d (369 posts) -
Sometimes I'm just too fvcking lazy to take my phone out of my pocket. Something like this would be a godsend.
#34 Posted by Shottayouth13- (6868 posts) -
$500+ for a watch that does something your cellphone can already do? No thanks.
#35 Posted by Necrifer (10629 posts) -

I can tell they really put some effort into coming up with this one.

#36 Posted by MasterNinja49 (461 posts) -

Looks uncomfortable. I'll wait untill we advance to the Mass Effect omni tool to want to wear something on my wrist again.

#37 Posted by Pirate700 (46465 posts) -

Cell phones have made it so watches aren't nearly as common as they once were. Seems odd they'd decide to put their phone in watch that people don't want to wear anymore.

#38 Posted by zeldaluff (3387 posts) -

The watch strap for the ipod nano is really the only watch territory they need to venture into.

#39 Posted by MonoSilver (1392 posts) -
Simple answer: not in the slightest.
#40 Posted by bnarmz (1370 posts) -

It's only a matter of time. I'm sure back in the day people thought these th?id=H.4519320131668177&pid=1.7&w=148&h Star Trek phones were far fetched ideas, and some people were probably ridiculed for that wishful thinking.

#41 Posted by dramaybaz (6020 posts) -
So where does a phone or a music player fit into this. Why would I be carrying ANOTHER device?
#42 Posted by cain006 (8625 posts) -

Sounds awesome honestly. That one iteration of the ipod nano looked cool but it wasn't nearly well enough supported.

#43 Posted by JasonDarksavior (9323 posts) -
Nope, not my type of watch. Love my SEIKO.
#44 Posted by bobaban (10560 posts) -
you kids are dumb, everyone knows technology thats strapped to your wrist is the future. this is the first step, then it will get upgrades year after year, and it will be the ultimate day to day device for transactions and daily lifeJustSignedUp
Yes and yes. Tech is bad now, but watch and see.
#45 Posted by The__Kraken (858 posts) -

Lame. Very lame.

I'm fine with my Timex Ironman Triathlon watch.

#46 Posted by Aquat1cF1sh (10935 posts) -
How much is it going to cost, more than my college tuition?
#47 Posted by TheWalkingGhost (5503 posts) -
What is the point of this? I see no reason why it should exist.