What are the differences in your political leanings or do you toe the line of your leaders?

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By DEVILinIRON
Member since 2006 • 8773 Posts

Avatar image for deactivated-661eae767772c
deactivated-661eae767772c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2 deactivated-661eae767772c
Member since 2022 • 245 Posts

The AI is strong in this post.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#3  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58322 Posts

I just pick the one that checks the most boxes that align with my ideals.

I owe no party allegiance, loyalty, or anything to be frank. The idea that people register themselves to a political party is upsetting to me.

I don't see how anyone could think it is their responsibility to "toe the line" and, frankly, I find the idea disgusting.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 23034 Posts

@mrbojangles25: there's no need to be upset about registering with a party. It's just an indicator of which coalition checks more of your boxes than the other one, and in some states allows you to help choose primary winners.

Almost no one 100 percent supports everything their party does. That's not what they're for.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178847 Posts
@mrbojangles25 said:

I just pick the one that checks the most boxes that align with my ideals.

I owe no party allegiance, loyalty, or anything to be frank. The idea that people register themselves to a political party is upsetting to me.

I don't see how anyone could think it is their responsibility to "toe the line" and, frankly, I find the idea disgusting.

That only matters if you ignore what a politician/party is advocating and vote letter no matter what. Registering in a party allows you to vote for the primary winner. You cannot vote in my state unless you are registered in that party. So you get NO say in the outcome. In the general, you can vote for who you best feels will do the job and is aligned with your ideology. It doesn't mean you have to vote party.

If you want voters to pick you no matter your party, have favorable, popular policies.

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -6

#6 madrocketeer
Member since 2005 • 10589 Posts

I don't vote and don't believe in "democracy," so I have no party or leaders.

I am anything but apolitical, though; I just care more about the process than the outcome. I'm of the belief that if you can get the process right, the outcome will look after itself.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 58987 Posts

Use to be right wing, now I'm left-wing. Though wouldn't say far-left.

In general not very political. Mainly just hung around politics due to the Ukriane war.

Leader wise we have the Tories. They will be totally wiped out, they know, we know it, everybody knows it. They've fucked up so bad, and so corrupt that their is practically 0 opposing, forgone conclusion.

Probably get a takeaway and have a good night.