Ways to loose weight fast?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

yabbicoke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 yabbicoke
Member since 2007 • 4069 Posts
I would like to loose 40 pounds by summer (June). I already workout everyday for 40 minutes to an hour, and I eat how most people my age (18 ) eats. So can anyone suggest diet or exercise method or something that takes weight off faster? I don't care how hard it is.
ice_radon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#2 ice_radon
Member since 2002 • 70464 Posts
Eat every 2 days, and on thats 3rd day that you get to eat, you can eat 2000 calories, but the next 2, no eating...you should be able to drop around 3-5 lbs a week!
Private_Adam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3 Private_Adam
Member since 2005 • 9864 Posts
Start doing sit ups, push ups, and run a mile everyday.
ice_radon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#4 ice_radon
Member since 2002 • 70464 Posts
Eat every 2 days, and on thats 3rd day that you get to eat, you can eat 2000 calories, but the next 2, no eating...you should be able to drop around 3-5 lbs a week!ice_radon
Note that this is not the safest way to do it, but it is one of the faster ones, its more mentally unsafe rather than being physically unsafe.
Oleg_Huzwog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Oleg_Huzwog
Member since 2007 • 21885 Posts

40 lbs in under 4 months? Liposuction is your best bet.

Wilfred_Owen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#6 Wilfred_Owen
Member since 2005 • 20964 Posts
Try worms man. You might think there disgusting but tap worms are a life saver.
voltron2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 voltron2011
Member since 2008 • 231 Posts

Well I guess one thing you could do is stop playing video games. I lost a lot of weight on Atkins. But you really have to stick with it and not eat any carbs at all.

Cedmln

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#8 Cedmln
Member since 2006 • 8802 Posts
Yeah stop eating........
Avatar image for pintabear49blue
pintabear49blue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 pintabear49blue
Member since 2007 • 4809 Posts
Cut yourself open and pull out excess fat.
BuckWheatJiggz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 BuckWheatJiggz
Member since 2008 • 328 Posts

the fastest way? I GUARANTEE if it's hot where you live, and you run for 45m - 1hr atLEAST 3-5 days a week while wearing layers, sweats, toque, garbage bags over your torso and legs. by the 3rd week, you'll have lost 20 pounds.

BE CAREFUL, you MUST keep heavily hydrate as you will sweat A LOT! I saw bring a 1.5 liter bottle of water with you for the run and drink plenty when you rest at home, don't over do it. every other day should be fine.

I used this method for 2 weeks, lost 15 pounds and I stopped, I haven't lost or gained a pound since (over a year ago)

cause i have a pretty good metabolism, i just felt a little chunky so i ridded the fat. i still have the same crummy diet and am plenty in active but i look better than ever before. takes alot of stress off the back and neck too. GOOD LUCK

UTXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 UTXII
Member since 2007 • 3448 Posts
Go two-three hours of exercise. Luckily, I have a high metabolisim, so I don't worry about becoming fat like all other 18-year-olds. :)
LoG-Sacrament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#12 LoG-Sacrament
Member since 2006 • 20397 Posts
less posting, more running
yabbicoke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 yabbicoke

the fastest way? I GUARANTEE if it's hot where you live, and you run for 45m - 1hr atLEAST 3-5 days a week while wearing layers, sweats, toque, garbage bags over your torso and legs. by the 3rd week, you'll have lost 20 pounds.

BE CAREFUL, you MUST keep heavily hydrate as you will sweat A LOT! I saw bring a 1.5 liter bottle of water with you for the run and drink plenty when you rest at home, don't over do it. every other day should be fine.

I used this method for 2 weeks, lost 15 pounds and I stopped, I haven't lost or gained a pound since (over a year ago)

cause i have a pretty good metabolism, i just felt a little chunky so i ridded the fat. i still have the same crummy diet and am plenty in active but i look better than ever before. takes alot of stress off the back and neck too. GOOD LUCK

BuckWheatJiggz

Ok, I'll probably try that. It's hot in the summer here, but it's obviously cold now that it's winter, so do you think that would work in I wear a lot of layers and workout indoors?

BuckWheatJiggz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 BuckWheatJiggz

yes, i used longs johns and sweats, and winter undershirt plus long sleeve and hoody, hood up and head band. i also put garbage bags under the clothing to induce sweating faster. it works great and gets rid of the fat.

if you are working out with this attire, and continue to on a regular basis, it is likely you will lose the 40 lbs by the summer

yabbicoke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 yabbicoke
Should the garbage bags be against the skin, or should their be a layer of clothing against it?
Def_Jef88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16 Def_Jef88
Member since 2006 • 17441 Posts

Well I guess one thing you could do is stop playing video games. I lost a lot of weight on Atkins. But you really have to stick with it and not eat any carbs at all.

voltron2011
Carbs are your bodies perferred method of energy intake. At least around 65% of the calories you take in SHOULD come from carbs. So cutting them out all together doesent sounds very healthy...
BuckWheatJiggz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 BuckWheatJiggz

against the skin.

you are gonna sweat like crazy, so remember drink lotsa water so you can keep going

Strider_91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Strider_91
Member since 2007 • 6570 Posts

Diet is the main part in losing weight. Eat 6-10 small meals a day instead of 3 big ones.

This reduces chances of snacking.

WushuFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 WushuFighter
Member since 2007 • 1837 Posts

Eat every 2 days, and on thats 3rd day that you get to eat, you can eat 2000 calories, but the next 2, no eating...you should be able to drop around 3-5 lbs a week!ice_radon

Start doing sit ups, push ups, and run a mile everyday. Private_Adam

Yeah stop eating........Cedmln

All that advice is pretty sickening. First of all, DO NOT STOP EATING. If you do, you aren't ginna get the nutrients your body needs to stay healthy. What you want to do is eat healthy foods and plenty of protein. Eat balanced meals everyday and take suppliments for vitamins if you need to. Now for exercising. Doing sit ups and push ups will not burn weight or gain muscle! All they do is increase muscle conditioning which only means you can do alot of those things. They don't have much affect on your physical strength. You need to weight train to build muscle which will help burn fat faster with cardio exercising. Running alot is a classic way to loose weight. Just don't take the advice of most of these people here.

This is where you want to go: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/bbinfo.php?page=Cardiovascular

red_x2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#20 red_x2004
Member since 2004 • 446 Posts
Run ! its definitely one of the best ways to lose weight , just wake up in the morning and go run for an hour or so , do it regularly and really, its both mind refreshing and healthy as well.
Private_Adam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Private_Adam
Member since 2005 • 9864 Posts

[QUOTE="Private_Adam"]Start doing sit ups, push ups, and run a mile everyday. WushuFighter

All that advice is pretty sickening.

How is my adivce sickening? All I told him was to exercise by doing push up, sit ups and run. So please explain it to me how my advice is sickening.
rcignoni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 rcignoni
Member since 2004 • 8863 Posts

Try starving yourself.

If you want to be realistic and say, oh, 20 pounds, then keep on doing what you're doing.

Avatar image for smokeydabear076
smokeydabear076

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 smokeydabear076
Member since 2004 • 22109 Posts
What is this workout that you do?
mfsa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#24 mfsa
Member since 2007 • 3328 Posts

Probably not very recommendable, but you could try and eat the majority of your food in one super meal shortly after you wake up. The rest of the day should be light snacking at most.

I lost around 120lbs a while back, and eating a lot early in the day and then eating less throughout the day helped a bit. It's something to do with your metabolism spiking when you wake up, then slowing down as the day progresses... or something.

You could also try zig-zagging. Eat regularly for a few days, then diet intensively for a few days, then back to eating regularly and so on. Your metabolism never has time to play catchup (or, rather, slowdown) with your adjusted eating habbits so it's like free weight loss.

But honestly, I wouldn't recommend you play around with your metabolism. It can backfire pretty nastily. The best way to lose weight is to eat well and exercise. Try just exercising more and, if possible, exercising harder. Try and get up to 90 minutes a day?

turgore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 turgore
Member since 2006 • 7859 Posts

1 ) You can't but you can try .

2) Liposuction

3) Run every day !!! or do other cardio workout like swimming

4) Try and build muscle it helps a LOT .

5) Drink green tea . Avoid fast foods. Replace ice cream with frozen yogourt . Use healthy alternatives. DOn't eat much but don't starve yourself. Drink green tea daily

6) Sit on a yoga ball instead of a chair.

7) weight isn't everything ! Building muscle is better since you will appear slimmer.

Fiji-Water

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Fiji-Water
Member since 2008 • 933 Posts

ive lost like 20 lbs in the past 2 or 3 months just by not eating much....like id only have one piece of pizza a day, and then tons of water (guess which kind)......i didnt even excersize or anything

i didnt do it intentionally though....i just never felt hungry...

GabuEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#27 GabuEx
Member since 2006 • 36552 Posts

If you want to lose weight and actually keep it off, the "don't eat for a while" methods simply won't do. The moment you stop that regime and pick up from where you left off, you'll just put the weight back on again. It's actually not good to lose weight fast because that's a good sign that what you're doing probably isn't maintainable, which renders it pointless.

What you really need is to just get a healthy diet that you can eat every single day for the rest of your life and supplement it with a healthy degree of exercise. Putting those things together will make it much more likely that you can stay at the lower weight for the rest of your life.

LLCoolKo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#28 LLCoolKo
Member since 2005 • 794 Posts
This is one of the fields I am very knowledgable of, and to lose weight is simple, eat healthy, intake fruit and vegetables, white meat and the sufficient carbs for your exercise. Running. Running is the best way to lose weight from all over your body. If you run even half an hour 6 days a week you should lose over 30 pounds in 3 months, baring your diet is going clean.
OfficialJab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 OfficialJab
Member since 2005 • 3249 Posts
Losing weight 'fast' isn't healthy. Do it gradually.
B05T0N

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 B05T0N
Member since 2007 • 7051 Posts
TC, it's 'lose'.
LLCoolKo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#31 LLCoolKo
Member since 2005 • 794 Posts

1 ) You can't but you can try .

2) Liposuction

3) Run every day !!! or do other cardio workout like swimming

4) Try and build muscle it helps a LOT .

5) Drink green tea . Avoid fast foods. Replace ice cream with frozen yogourt . Use healthy alternatives. DOn't eat much but don't starve yourself. Drink green tea daily

6) Sit on a yoga ball instead of a chair.

7) weight isn't everything ! Building muscle is better since you will appear slimmer.

turgore

First of all, doing more cardio vascular exercise is much more benifitial than gaining muscle, because muscle is heavier than fat and it does not make you look slimmer if you gain muscle because the outer layer is always fat. And sitting on a yoga ball is just laughable.

WushuFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 WushuFighter
Member since 2007 • 1837 Posts
[QUOTE="WushuFighter"]

[QUOTE="Private_Adam"]Start doing sit ups, push ups, and run a mile everyday. Private_Adam

All that advice is pretty sickening.

How is my adivce sickening? All I told him was to exercise by doing push up, sit ups and run. So please explain it to me how my advice is sickening.

Not yours but the other guy. Doing push ups and sit ups and running isn't good enough though.

-dark-shadow-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 -dark-shadow-
Member since 2007 • 985 Posts
I do pretty heavy workouts at a time and I watch the things I eat.