WladolfPutler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 WladolfPutler
Member since 2022 • 256 Posts

I don´t know any other place on this planet, where people thrive on negativity, hate and toxicity as much as they do as soon they log into the WORLD WIDE WEB!

If it´s those million-clicks-worth "Everything whats wrong with...."- or "This Title is SOOO BAAAD!!!"-negativity-spreading rant-videos on youtube, negative down-voters on the same "shitty platform" who vote down content on every occasion mostly because "they can!" or if it´s about a bunch of self-righteous-bastards review-bombing a game coz they seem to think it is justified, with the next step in gamers-evolution being those gamer-lifeforms who are sending-death-threats to devs because either they released their game too late or it not meeting gamers expectations after all those years of being overhyped for it, it´s just all the same...basically.

The range and variety of hate and negativity is so wide and so much spread that it´s even hard to tell where to start talking about the subject, but how about we start talking about EPIC and its toxic haters?

Those "EPIC-HATERS" remind me of those guys who formed up that ANTI-STEAM movement back the days, when the word "haters" yet didn´t even exist and "toxic" was only known from waste dumps or "The Toxic Avenger".

So wtf was happening back the days when STEAM was fresh and new?

People were so happy with their physical collections of games along with their physical boxes & paper-made manuals that even the word "digital content" caused certain people to run amok on everyone who was slightly thinking about any positive aspects of digital distribution...positive aspects like....publishers claiming "Games would be so much cheaper for you, if we could just distribute them digitally only!"

Forums were full with people claiming all kinds of things about STEAM, like "Steam is the devil!", "Steam is evil!", "Steam installs malware!", "Steam installs trojans!", "Steam is a virus!" "Steam is bad for gaming!", "WWWAAAAHH!!!! I never install steam!", "I rather be dead than installing steam on my computer!!!" etc. etc. so is it a complete new generation of "haters" who seem to hate EPIC while they are hating it exactly the same way as gamers hated STEAM back the days, just for slightly different reasons this time?

Then we have REDDIT, where actually every negative aspect of the internet is even worse, be it self-righteous moderators who kick and ban for everything else but breaking their goddamn precious forum-rules or people downvoting content for all the wrong reasons, it´s a miracle to me how and why REDDIT is still called "THE FRONTPAGE OF THE INTERNET!" when it´s in fact "THE UGLY MIRROR OF THE INTERNET!" while "I hate Reddit"-subs are growing on a daily basis with more and more butthurt redditors being butthurt, actually being downvoted by other butthurt users on r/ihatereddit for being butthurt about Reddit, which is totally making sense there!

Last but not least we have trolls and...oh my...toxicity! Users hate toxic users while those same users who hate "toxic users", are of course going toxic as soon they think it is "justified" in certain cases on certain others like for example "trolls", while many of those "trolls" are in fact just users who ain´t yet synchronized with the forum-hivemind in many cases or are showing themself unwilling to synchronize, in that latter case those are usually ending up getting banned by certain hivemind powermongers aka moderators who take care of "law and order" within their own self-righteous virtual reality, so a user who is not willing to synchronize with the forums hivemind and not getting in line, is automatically a "troll" and has to be banned forever, especially if he has his own "weird" or "wrong" opinion about things...which is usually just so typical for users who aren´t assimilated.

So i am afraid the line as to what a "troll" actually is and how such behaves has gone so blurry over the years that it almost looks like we are having two different versions of "trolls" these days, while one seems to be the old classic evil/bad "troll" and then those "trolls" who in fact aren´t "trolls" by old definition but more or less a hivemind product, in the latter case you just have to share your "different opinion" and there are already those users who go off "Don´t feed the troll!"

So, welcome to the Internet, enjoy your stay and don´t become the same toxic and negative a-hole everyone else becomes here...including myself.

thereal25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#2 thereal25
Member since 2011 • 2074 Posts

We're living in a time of great challenge, uncertainty and fear.

There are obviously some real problems facing mankind and people are scrambling to find the "solutions" to these problems.

But what's gone wrong in my opinion is that people are arguing not from common sense or logic but rather from emotion.

It's always easy to discern the less intelligent because they want to have their way through brute force and have zero patience for any differing opinions or sensible debate.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#3 deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

The world was better before social media and smart phones.

KathaarianCode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 KathaarianCode
Member since 2022 • 3415 Posts

The worst part is that the real world is catching up with online toxicity. That type of person votes as it happened with the orange turd. That's the world we live in and I have no Idea how our societies will manage to rise from that without some major catastrophic events.

WladolfPutler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 WladolfPutler
Member since 2022 • 256 Posts

@thereal25 said:

It's always easy to discern the less intelligent because they want to have their way through brute force and have zero patience for any differing opinions or sensible debate.

I sometimes got that idea of mankind going dumber and dumber with every century and that we are doomed because of that, so well...we will never make it to other planets, that for sure.

On the other hand, the thought of being surrounded by brainless zombies is kinda scary, so i am thinking up the idea of that probaby most of those "brainless zombies" are actually NOT THAT dumb, but people tend to just shut off their brains as soon they log into the net, so that would explains people behaving all kinds of stupid ways online.

But then again there is reality and i just have to look at the daily news to get that "surrounded by brainless zombies"-feeling again...

@warmblur said:

The world was better before social media and smart phones.

I had that thought too, but then again all those bad things were probably as well existent back the days, but the only difference:

There was no internet, at least not the way we have it these days, for all those bad things to show up like they do today.