Usain Bolt - Fastest man on earth

• 135 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

howlrunner13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#101 howlrunner13
Member since 2005 • 4408 Posts

I think what's impressive is that not only is he so fast but he's so big. It has got to be intimidating standing next to him.

nunovlopes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#102 nunovlopes
Member since 2009 • 2638 Posts

[QUOTE="Chris_Williams"][QUOTE="nunovlopes"]

So?

Bolt is the fastest man, someone else is the longest jumper, someone else is the highest jumper, someone else is the fastest to run 42Km. Being thefastest man on the planet is not more impressive than any other of these feats, it's just different.

There are lots of athletes that have won 5 gold medals, and few won 6, 7, 8 and very few won 9. But 18? That's just crazy, it won't be beaten or even approached any time soon.

Obviously_Right

why are you hating?

Sounds like another jelly continental Euro to me...probably Portuguese :lol: How many medals did they get? :lol: :lol:

LOL

Go back a few posts troll.

I'm not hating on Usain Bolt, quite the opposite really. I just think it's absurd to call him best Olympic athlete of all time, which is what you were doing.

Andjelly continental Euro?? LOL I praise Phelps for being the most amazing Olympic athlete of all time, while you dismiss his accomplishments as no big deal and say he's overrated.

And yes I'm Portuguese, and we won 1 Silver medal, so?

You sir are a troll.

CBR600-RR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 CBR600-RR
Member since 2008 • 9695 Posts

Fastest man that ever lived!

CBR600-RR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 CBR600-RR
Member since 2008 • 9695 Posts

Swimming events are a joke, there is no need for that many events. Phelps is a great swimmer and the swimming events are pretty much the same. He doesn't deserve all those medals because he got the extra golds for a different swimming technique.

nunovlopes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 nunovlopes

Swimming events are a joke, there is no need for that many events. Phelps is a great swimmer and the swimming events are pretty much the same. He doesn't deserve all those medals because he got the extra golds for a different swimming technique.

CBR600-RR

Yes because breast and butterfly are identical and if you master one you'll master the other:roll:

That must be why most swimmers get +10 gold medals. Oh wait...

bnarmz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 bnarmz
Member since 2012 • 1372 Posts
hmmm, i never really thought of it that way. They do give alot of medals out for swimming.Perhaps they should make track and field events for running backwards and sideways too. I wouldn't call anyone the greatest Olympian unless they competed and won in different sporting events. Some events just give you an rediculous amount of ways to win a medal.
Oleg_Huzwog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 Oleg_Huzwog
Member since 2007 • 21885 Posts

[QUOTE="CBR600-RR"]

nunovlopes

Yes because breast and butterfly are identical and if you master one you'll master the other:roll:

Well, if you count world championships and not just Olympics, than yeah, you'll find most medalists in any given stroke have also medaled in at least one other stroke sometime in their career.

nunovlopes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 nunovlopes

[QUOTE="nunovlopes"]

[QUOTE="CBR600-RR"]

Oleg_Huzwog

Well, if you count world championships and not just Olympics, than yeah, you'll find most medalists in any given stroke have also medaled in at least one other stroke sometime in their career.

There's a reason why in the entire history of the Olympics only 6 swimmers won more than 5 gold medals in their entire career. It's because it's not easy to win many events, as many here are ignorant enough to suggest. The competition is brutal. Yes there are more swimming events than say sprinting events but obviously there are also more finalists so the competition is pretty stiff. You have more chances to win, but also more chances to lose.

nunovlopes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 nunovlopes

hmmm, i never really thought of it that way. They do give alot of medals out for swimming.Perhaps they should make track and field events for running backwards and sideways too. I wouldn't call anyone the greatest Olympian unless they competed and won in different sporting events. Some events just give you an rediculous amount of ways to win a medal. bnarmz

They also give you more ways to lose a medal.

If you have more events, there are more finals, therefore more finalists you have to beat. The competition is brutal.

bnarmz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 bnarmz

[QUOTE="bnarmz"]hmmm, i never really thought of it that way. They do give alot of medals out for swimming.Perhaps they should make track and field events for running backwards and sideways too. I wouldn't call anyone the greatest Olympian unless they competed and won in different sporting events. Some events just give you an rediculous amount of ways to win a medal. nunovlopes

If you have more events, there are more finals, therefore more finalists you have to beat. The competition is brutal.

Perhaps, but if you're just a flat out strong swimmer you' ll most likely be the best all around. I think Bolt is the same way...a freak of nature probably. If there were events in sideways and backwards running i'm almost positive he'll win those events too...therefore adding more medals to his collection. This is not a slam on Phelps because i think he won all his fair and square. I just don't agree he's the greatest Olympian of all time...just for competing in one event that happens to give out a lot of medals. Im not sure but i think they have a competition for something like that. Is it called the decathlon or something like that?
unrealtron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#111 unrealtron
Member since 2010 • 3148 Posts

personally I like to take my time before reaching the climax.

Serraph105
:lol:
nunovlopes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 nunovlopes

[QUOTE="nunovlopes"]

[QUOTE="bnarmz"]hmmm, i never really thought of it that way. They do give alot of medals out for swimming.Perhaps they should make track and field events for running backwards and sideways too. I wouldn't call anyone the greatest Olympian unless they competed and won in different sporting events. Some events just give you an rediculous amount of ways to win a medal. bnarmz

Perhaps, but if you're just a flat out strong swimmer you' ll most likely be the best all around. I think Bolt is the same way...a freak of nature probably. If there were events in sideways and backwards running i'm almost positive he'll win those events too...therefore adding more medals to his collection. This is not a slam on Phelps because i think he won all his fair and square. I just don't agree he's the greatest Olympian of all time...just for competing in one event that happens to give out a lot of medals. Im not sure but i think they have a competition for something like that. Is it called the decathlon or something like that?

I understand what you mean. But the thing is no other swimmer in history came close to what Phelps accomplished. Phelps won 18 gold medals, Mark Spitz won 9. It's just out of this world. It's not like every swimmer get +10 medals. We will have to wait a very long time before another swimmer even comes close to Phelps.

Avel23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 Avel23
Member since 2012 • 47 Posts
hmmm, i never really thought of it that way. They do give alot of medals out for swimming.Perhaps they should make track and field events for running backwards and sideways too. I wouldn't call anyone the greatest Olympian unless they competed and won in different sporting events. Some events just give you an rediculous amount of ways to win a medal. bnarmz
Normally everyone has a speciality mate. We can see that pro train from child and then they decide to take part in Olympic. We cannot just come and tell phelps to run the 100m as he trained for swimming. I would say that everyone is good in its field and we should not compare them together.
Avel23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 Avel23

I think what's impressive is that not only is he so fast but he's so big. It has got to be intimidating standing next to him.

howlrunner13
Ya he is big this guys. But if tomorrow a more bigger guys come in the Olympic and run the 100m do you think he will be able to beat Bolt record then. He already created the history. Lets hope for another one will come a challenge it.
Avel23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 Avel23
[QUOTE="Netherscourge"]

I want to believe it - but I just can't get past the idea that he's using some sort of illegal substance to succeed.

DeadMan1290
Mmm... I doubt it. But, you never know.

If this can be true am sure they will do investigation about it. However, many athletes were using these kind on substances to succeed but now it is more severe and am sure that they need to take necessary precaution to make sure this does not happen. So let wait and see what happen next.
bnarmz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 bnarmz
[QUOTE="bnarmz"]hmmm, i never really thought of it that way. They do give alot of medals out for swimming.Perhaps they should make track and field events for running backwards and sideways too. I wouldn't call anyone the greatest Olympian unless they competed and won in different sporting events. Some events just give you an rediculous amount of ways to win a medal. Avel23
Normally everyone has a speciality mate. We can see that pro train from child and then they decide to take part in Olympic. We cannot just come and tell phelps to run the 100m as he trained for swimming. I would say that everyone is good in its field and we should not compare them together.

true, Im aware of this. Maybe you misunderstood my post. I just think swimming offers more chances to win medals than the other events. Breaststroke, backstroke, butterflies, freestyle, etc. I just think it would be cool (and fair) to get medals for running sideways and backwards too. silly? maybe. that depends on your perspective.
Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#117 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts

According to Bolt, he is the greatest olympian and athlete ever.

noscope-ak47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 noscope-ak47
Member since 2012 • 1318 Posts

sonicare

Greatest track star yes

Bane_09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 Bane_09
Member since 2010 • 3394 Posts

Usain Bolt is pretty amazing but Phelps is still cooler, he has more medals and he had that picture of him taking a bong rip. Phelps is a real inspiration to stoners everywhere

Avatar image for Human-after-all
Human-after-all

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 Human-after-all
Member since 2009 • 2972 Posts

[QUOTE="bnarmz"]hmmm, i never really thought of it that way. They do give alot of medals out for swimming.Perhaps they should make track and field events for running backwards and sideways too. I wouldn't call anyone the greatest Olympian unless they competed and won in different sporting events. Some events just give you an rediculous amount of ways to win a medal. nunovlopes

Oh please, they do like 2 or 3 medal events a day in swimming. If you are a dominant swimmer you're going to win a lot of medals, period.
Avatar image for Obviously_Right
Obviously_Right

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 Obviously_Right
Member since 2011 • 5331 Posts

sonicare

He would be correct.

DaJuicyMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 DaJuicyMan
Member since 2010 • 3557 Posts
[QUOTE="Omni-Slash"][QUOTE="Avel23"]This man is just amazing. I could not believe how he did that. He is truly the lightning man. Amazing indeedSteverXIII
Not the best title to have in regards to the ladies.....just sayin'....

*joke about lasting 10 seconds*

:lol:
Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#123 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

Usain Bolt is pretty amazing but Phelps is still cooler, he has more medals and he had that picture of him taking a bong rip. Phelps is a real inspiration to stoners everywhere

Bane_09

Don't forget about Phelps getting a DUI. He's also a true inspiration to drunk drivers every where.

noscope-ak47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 noscope-ak47

Jamaica run things in track and field

2j2axbp.jpg

sg3g5e.jpg

bobaban

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 bobaban
Member since 2005 • 10560 Posts
He will be beaten eventually like every other athlete. But kudos to him.
DyranLK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#126 DyranLK
Member since 2011 • 104 Posts

[QUOTE="Bane_09"]

Aljosa23

Don't forget about Phelps getting a DUI. He's also a true inspiration to drunk drivers every where.

Quoted for truth.

No, seriously.

noscope-ak47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 noscope-ak47

He will be beaten eventually like every other athlete. But kudos to him. bobaban
True but he god right now on the track and the 2nd fastest man is also a jamaican.

Avel23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 Avel23
Am pretty sure that we will be beaten someday. There are many other athletes who are training really hard to match up his time and am sure that someday he will be indeed beaten by another athlete. We have just to wait and see that day and am pretty sure he is not a douche bag >>
Ricardomz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 Ricardomz
Member since 2012 • 2715 Posts

I love Bolt, he really is a fast SOB.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#130 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38691 Posts
he's entertaining and a freak of nature and he enjoys what he does. what's wrong with that?
Avel23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 Avel23
He will be beaten eventually like every other athlete. But kudos to him. bobaban
Someday he will am sure!! But do you thnk that they will be able to beat his records!! Am not pretty sure that this will happen now!! Am sure it will last for quite a long time mate!!! Let see what happen next
Avel23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 Avel23

Fastest man that ever lived!

CBR600-RR
Cannot say that!! Maybe we will see another one who will become the fastest man on the earth. For now he is the fastest man but for how long.. It can take centuries but someday he's records will be broken!! Am sure about that!!
Avel23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 Avel23
[QUOTE="Netherscourge"]

I want to believe it - but I just can't get past the idea that he's using some sort of illegal substance to succeed.

DeadMan1290
Mmm... I doubt it. But, you never know.

It difficult to say it he is taking illegal substance but for now he is the fastest man on the earth. See what happen with Lance Armstrong few weeks ago. I never thought that this would happen someday. He is 7 times winner if Tour de France and now he has been taken all his title just because of doping. It was after long investigation that he decided to stop fighting against his charge. So we never know what can happen later!
Avel23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 Avel23

Why don't they get him to run the marathon? Think of how amazing he would be at it.

BuryMe
Everyone has he own qualities. If Phelps had decided to run instead of swimming maybe he would never have been known like he is in swimming. They trained hard to achieve success so we cannot mixed them both.
ca5albert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 ca5albert
Member since 2012 • 92 Posts
but I don't really like all the schtick he does, mugging for the camera.