U.S. spending too much $$$ on War...Science will save us, not War.

• 106 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ab1205

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 ab1205
Member since 2007 • 501 Posts

As we all know, the U.S. has spent, and will be spending a lot of money on the War. But how will this help us? How will it help us in the upcoming decades, or in the next hundred years? There will be a time when factors such as overpopulation will cause devastation!

In 50 years, the Earth will have around 9 Billion people! (currently the World Population as of July 2007 has reached over 6.6 Billion)

There are way more better uses for the money.

United State's infant mortality rate is 6.37, and there are 41 countries that have a better rate than the #1 Country in the world, the U.S.!

We also know that the U.S. needs a better education system, with more money invested into it.

To go back to my first statement of human survival, most of that money getting spent on War and Arms, needs to be spent on Science. There needs to be way more money spent on Science.

Yes you have NASA and many other Science groups, but the matter of fact is that scientific research needs to be given more importance.

It is a fact and important to remember, that the most vital findings often come from somebody you'd never expected. These are usually smaller science projects, and most of the time they don't have the fundings to continue. Therefore there needs to be way more funding for young Science.

Science is going to help us survive, not killing eachother and going at war.

There was competition between the U.S. and the Soviet Union for the moon landing. Well, we can have competition again today, in researching! That will actually help the world, instead of fighting over who has the best airforce, or what-not.

Mostly everything we have today, electricity, and what-not. It all came from the most unexpected persons, and today there are many young scientists who have the potential and/or possibility of discovering something astonishing that will change/affect our lives, but of course...do not have the funds.

Let's advance, not stay behind. There can be hundreds of Stephen Hawkings, and possibly quite a few Einsteins, if just Science had way more funding. That's just my couple cents.

Here or there, someone will make a mistake, and it will affect us all. Such as Nuclear Weapons being used, and what-not, and when that day comes, the Earth will be covered and it will be dark...and we'll die (- Carl Sagan)

Here's an interesting video by Carl Sagan I found, where he expressed the importance of Scientific Research:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=i03FgnaS-RI

Avatar image for deactivated-5901ac91d8e33
deactivated-5901ac91d8e33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 deactivated-5901ac91d8e33
Member since 2004 • 17092 Posts
The US is a super power....The military is the backbone of any super power/major power.
shikovi4ik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 shikovi4ik
Member since 2006 • 455 Posts
The US is a super power....The military is the backbone of any super power/major power.jointed
Yes but isn´t it stronga enough? I mean really there are better ways to spend money. Aggression causes agression
rimnet00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4 rimnet00
Member since 2003 • 11003 Posts
Control oil, control the world.
muppet1010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 muppet1010
Member since 2006 • 5812 Posts

there are plenty of other super poweres in the world who dont spend nearly as much on their militaries....

oh yeah and can people actually start writing their own stuff if their going to make threads trying to show them self as 'intellectuals' and 'philosophers'.

shikovi4ik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 shikovi4ik

Control oil, control the world.rimnet00
:D In my humble opinion that is the main reason US is having all those wars

They wouldn´t care about liberating anyone in Iraq if there would be no oil

shikovi4ik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 shikovi4ik

oh yeah and can people actually start writing their own stuff if their going to make threads trying to show them self as 'intellectuals' and 'philosophers'.

muppet1010
Why. this is an off topic board remember you can write pretty much anything here

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 deactivated-5901ac91d8e33

[QUOTE="jointed"]The US is a super power....The military is the backbone of any super power/major power.shikovi4ik
Yes but isn´t it stronga enough? I mean really there are better ways to spend money. Aggression causes agression

It's strong enough now, but not if you lower the military budget.

The EU's (European Union) military spending is 300 billion dollars, and the US's is 500 billion. The EU isn't militaristic but the US is, and that's why there's such a difference in the military budgets. Now, if the US were to lower their budget, they would jepordize their superpower status and things would only accelerate from there on.

Funkyhamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 Funkyhamster
Member since 2005 • 17366 Posts
If the U.S. didn't go invading every country with oil, then we would be able to maintain a strong military without spending a gazillion dollars.
ab1205

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 ab1205
Member since 2007 • 501 Posts

The US is a super power....The military is the backbone of any super power/major power.jointed

And the U.S. also has the least literacy rate, the average people aren't as educated, as well as the HIGHEST infant mortality rate than any other 1st world country, and maybe 2nd world countries are also doing better in those regards.

Is all of that worth being a super power? They are already strong, how stronger do they need to get..strong enough to kill the world 5000 times over and over?

Why aren't there as many marvelous scientific discoveries as before? Of course, they are still there, but where's the quantity? Who invented the refrigerator, or electricity, or many other things? It was the most unexpected people.

We're actually going backwards. What is our purpose in the Middle-East? That "purpose" has changed every single year. First it was Weapons of Mass Destruction, then something else, and so on and so forth. That's a separate discussion, however, concerning our presence there.

The U.S. can remain a super-power without invading countries. There has been more civilians killed in those areas than actual so-called "terrorists".

vitriolboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 vitriolboy
Member since 2005 • 4356 Posts

War and conflict is actually a great motivator for scientific and technological advance

The rapid developments in World War II had major implications for the advancement of radar, communications, aircraft, transport, rockets, space flight, rubbers and plastics, electronics, etc

These advances filtered through to civilian life and consumer uses to benefit everyone

shikovi4ik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 shikovi4ik

[QUOTE="shikovi4ik"][QUOTE="jointed"]The US is a super power....The military is the backbone of any super power/major power.jointed

The EU's (European Union) military spending is 300 billion dollars, and the US's is 500 billion. The EU isn't militaristic but the US is, and that's why there's such a difference in the military budgets. Now, if the US were to lower their budget, they would jepordize their superpower status and things would only accelerate from there on.

I don't think that US would lose their superpower status if they´d lower their military budget. They do have nukes after all. Thats a guaranteed superpower status
shikovi4ik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 shikovi4ik

War and conflict is actually a great motivator for scientific and technological advance

The rapid developments in World War II had major implications for the advancement of radar, communications, aircraft, transport, rockets, space flight, rubbers and plastics, electronics, etc

These advances filtered through to civilian life and consumer uses to benefit everyone

vitriolboy
but is it all worth the lives that are lost in conflicts? Although i do agree if ww1 and 2 would never happen we wouldn´t have many things we have now
X360PS3AMD05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 X360PS3AMD05
Member since 2005 • 36320 Posts
Us spends more than all other countries combined.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 deactivated-5901ac91d8e33
[QUOTE="jointed"]

[QUOTE="shikovi4ik"][QUOTE="jointed"]The US is a super power....The military is the backbone of any super power/major power.shikovi4ik

I don't think that US would lose their superpower status if they´d lower their military budget. They do have nukes after all. Thats a guaranteed superpower status

Well, the Europeans have them too. The US can hardly live up to their self-proclaimed superpower status even though they have such a high military budget, how do you think they'll manage with a lowered budget when China and India comes along?

X360PS3AMD05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 X360PS3AMD05
Member since 2005 • 36320 Posts
So they need to keep it up to have a bigger e-peen? Ignoring all the people who go to sleep hungry every night and forgetting the kids in the South who don't even have books at school or food at Home. God Bless America. Hail Satan.
shikovi4ik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 shikovi4ik
[QUOTE="shikovi4ik"][QUOTE="jointed"]

[QUOTE="shikovi4ik"][QUOTE="jointed"]The US is a super power....The military is the backbone of any super power/major power.jointed

Well, the Europeans have them too. The US can hardly live up to their self-proclaimed superpower status even though they have such a high military budget, how do you think they'll manage with a lowered budget when China and India comes along?

Well, i am not sure but I think that china and india are not spending that much money on military. the point is US will always have Europe covering their back as long as they are fighting for the good cause
mig_killer2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 mig_killer2
Member since 2007 • 4906 Posts

those are some good points you raise, but this war is necessary. the reason we're a superpower is because we have the worlds best military.

I would have to agree, more money needs to be invested in science and education. people say we are the smartest people in the world, but I read in a book its like 20% of teenagers dont know which country we declared independence from

Avatar image for UrbanSpartan125
UrbanSpartan125

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#19 UrbanSpartan125
Member since 2006 • 3684 Posts

there are plenty of other super poweres in the world who dont spend nearly as much on their militaries....

muppet1010
Umm, yeah Except for the fact that the U.S. is the only Super Power.
bunchofpixels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 bunchofpixels
Member since 2003 • 7049 Posts

muppet1010
There is only one super power in the world unless we are in the 19th century, but I agree that the US Military is a big waste of my tax dollars.
haterex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 haterex
Member since 2004 • 2410 Posts
Wait, didn't science create the atomic bomb...Oh Wait, I mean didn't a group of scientist make the atomic bomb...and we used that science for war...Kinda like a double-edged sword their...I dunno
UrbanSpartan125

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 UrbanSpartan125
[QUOTE="shikovi4ik"][QUOTE="jointed"]

Hardly live up to it, we decimated the Iraqi Army in 2 weeks, that was the fastest military advancement in the history of war. Insurgency is another thing, and now there are significant signs of progress with the surge, even some tough left wing opposers of the war, say its a war we can win. Had this been any other country mainly in Iraq, the casualties would have been many times higher.
UrbanSpartan125

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 UrbanSpartan125

[QUOTE="jointed"]The US is a super power....The military is the backbone of any super power/major power.ab1205

And the U.S. also has the least literacy rate, the average people aren't as educated, as well as the HIGHEST infant mortality rate than any other 1st world country, and maybe 2nd world countries are also doing better in those regards.

Is all of that worth being a super power? They are already strong, how stronger do they need to get..strong enough to kill the world 5000 times over and over?

Why aren't there as many marvelous scientific discoveries as before? Of course, they are still there, but where's the quantity? Who invented the refrigerator, or electricity, or many other things? It was the most unexpected people.

We're actually going backwards. What is our purpose in the Middle-East? That "purpose" has changed every single year. First it was Weapons of Mass Destruction, then something else, and so on and so forth. That's a separate discussion, however, concerning our presence there.

The U.S. can remain a super-power without invading countries. There has been more civilians killed in those areas than actual so-called "terrorists".

Um actually we along with 22 other countries, in terms of literacy rate are tied for 1st, with 99.9% literacy rate, do your research instead of blowing nonsense facts out your ass.
mig_killer2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 mig_killer2
[QUOTE="jointed"][QUOTE="shikovi4ik"][QUOTE="jointed"]

[QUOTE="shikovi4ik"][QUOTE="jointed"]The US is a super power....The military is the backbone of any super power/major power.UrbanSpartan125

Hardly live up to it, we decimated the Iraqi Army in 2 weeks, that was the fastest military advancement in the history of war. Insurgency is another thing, and now there are significant signs of progress with the surge, even some tough left wing opposers of the war, say its a war we can win. Had this been any other country mainly in Iraq, the casualties would have been many times higher.

not if we occupied the cities in the invasion
markop2003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 markop2003
Member since 2005 • 29917 Posts
[QUOTE="muppet1010"]

UrbanSpartan125

there is china which supposedly will become one by 2020, but none except the US at the moment.

How about the US military starts reasearching in better medical care for its troops chances are that the tech would eventually reach civillians and the military budget wouldn't have to change they'd also be able to keep more wounded alive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 deactivated-5901ac91d8e33
[QUOTE="jointed"][QUOTE="shikovi4ik"][QUOTE="jointed"]

[QUOTE="shikovi4ik"][QUOTE="jointed"]The US is a super power....The military is the backbone of any super power/major power.UrbanSpartan125

Oh yeah, you also captured Bin Laden AND got rid of Kim II in North Korea who actually HAD nukes, and it's not as if Iraq is on the verge of a civil war. Sorry mate, I forgot all about that.

markop2003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 markop2003
Member since 2005 • 29917 Posts

Wait, didn't science create the atomic bomb...Oh Wait, I mean didn't a group of scientist make the atomic bomb...and we used that science for war...Kinda like a double-edged sword their...I dunnohaterex

yes but the atomic bomb was actually being created by the germans first, and was only being created beacause there was a war on not because of scientific reasearch by it self

UrbanSpartan125

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 UrbanSpartan125
[QUOTE="UrbanSpartan125"][QUOTE="jointed"][QUOTE="shikovi4ik"][QUOTE="jointed"]

[QUOTE="shikovi4ik"][QUOTE="jointed"]The US is a super power....The military is the backbone of any super power/major power.mig_killer2

not if we occupied the cities in the invasion

We did occupy them, but once you start bringing in any occupation there is insurgency, Foreign fighters come in, where most of the insurgency now is coming from. Al Quaeda uses propaganda to recruit and terrorize Iraqi citizens, The majority of Iraqi's want us there, they like us being there instead of Al Quaeda because once we drive them out, the people can live their lives. Take for example Ramadi, at this time last year Ramadi was declared a lost cause by the US military, with over 30 attacks a day. Now with the surge Ramadi is doing much better, with 1 attack a day or less. Infact we are even moving a battalion of troops to another city, because Ramadi is doing so well. Most of Iraq is fine, it is in certain parts of the Anbar province that are bad. And the surge is removing those insurgents and attacks on US troops as well as Iraqi civilians have gone down significantly
UrbanSpartan125

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 UrbanSpartan125
[QUOTE="UrbanSpartan125"][QUOTE="jointed"][QUOTE="shikovi4ik"][QUOTE="jointed"]

Oh yeah, you also captured Bin Laden AND got rid of Kim II in North Korea who actually HAD nukes, and it's not as if Iraq is on the verge of a civil war. Sorry mate, I forgot all about that.

Bin Laden is either dead in Pakistan or alive in Pakistan, he is not in Afghanistan anymore. Unless you want a full invasion of Pakistan, we can let the Pakistani's deal with it for now until we get out of Iraq, we need clear intelligence on where he is before we strike. And Kim Jung II dismantled his nuclear facilities, diplomacy worked here.
UrbanSpartan125

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 UrbanSpartan125
[QUOTE="UrbanSpartan125"][QUOTE="muppet1010"]

markop2003

there is china which supposedly will become one by 2020, but none except the US at the moment.

How about the US military starts reasearching in better medical care for its troops chances are that the tech would eventually reach civillians and the military budget wouldn't have to change they'd also be able to keep more wounded alive

You dont think the military is doing that, of course we are. If it werent for our medical care and body armor we would have many times more dead troops in the war. And i wouldnt worry about China, they are being criticized all around the world for their food products that they like to put anti-freeze and cardboard in.
rimnet00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 rimnet00
Member since 2003 • 11003 Posts
Hardly live up to it, we decimated the Iraqi Army in 2 weeks, that was the fastest military advancement in the history of war. Insurgency is another thing, and now there are significant signs of progress with the surge, even some tough left wing opposers of the war, say its a war we can win. Had this been any other country mainly in Iraq, the casualties would have been many times higher.UrbanSpartan125

That seems like a very over glorified version of the truth. It has become well known that Saddam had planned to fight us after the initial invasion. Hense the reason there was so little resistance, and why weapon caches were hidden away. While, it is clear we have the most powerful military in the world, this doesn't undermine the fact that we were fighting a crippled country who pratically opened their doors for us, so that they could fight us with gorrilla warfare tactics.
UrbanSpartan125

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 UrbanSpartan125

[QUOTE="UrbanSpartan125"]Hardly live up to it, we decimated the Iraqi Army in 2 weeks, that was the fastest military advancement in the history of war. Insurgency is another thing, and now there are significant signs of progress with the surge, even some tough left wing opposers of the war, say its a war we can win. Had this been any other country mainly in Iraq, the casualties would have been many times higher.rimnet00

That seems like a very over glorified version of the truth. It has become well known that Saddam had planned to fight us after the initial invasion. Hense the reason there was so little resistance, and why weapon caches were hidden away. While, it is clear we have the most powerful military in the world, this doesn't undermine the fact that we were fighting a crippled country who pratically opened their doors for us, so that they could fight us with gorrilla warfare tactics.

That isnt what they did, they never planned this. The regular Iraqi Army was cowardly, they mass surrendered. There was fighting with the Iraqi Republican Guard. How did they put up no resistance if we destroyed thousands of their tanks without a single loss of one of ours. We had many major battles in Basra and Fallujah.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2003_invasion_of_Iraq

There is more information.

Most of the Guerrila Warfare didnt start until mid 2004.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 deactivated-5901ac91d8e33
[QUOTE="jointed"][QUOTE="UrbanSpartan125"][QUOTE="jointed"][QUOTE="shikovi4ik"][QUOTE="jointed"]

Bin Laden is either dead in Pakistan or alive in Pakistan, he is not in Afghanistan anymore. Unless you want a full invasion of Pakistan, we can let the Pakistani's deal with it for now until we get out of Iraq, we need clear intelligence on where he is before we strike. And Kim Jung II dismantled his nuclear facilities, diplomacy worked here.

The fact that you letOsama escape into Pakistan is completely unbelievable.....And Pakistan is in a political mess right now, don't expect them to do anything about it. Even though Kim II dismantled his nuclear program, it still doesn't change the fact that he's much crazier than Saddam...much much crazier. And he's the one you should do something about.

SAURON221

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 SAURON221
Member since 2006 • 2508 Posts
20% of taxes go to the military, I think we can shave a couple percent off that and still have a powerful military.
shikovi4ik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 shikovi4ik

[QUOTE="haterex"]Wait, didn't science create the atomic bomb...Oh Wait, I mean didn't a group of scientist make the atomic bomb...and we used that science for war...Kinda like a double-edged sword their...I dunnomarkop2003

yes but the atomic bomb was actually being created by the germans first, and was only being created beacause there was a war on not because of scientific reasearch by it self

One more thing. Does anyone else find that nukes are good peacekeepers. Think how many more world wars could have happen if politics would not be affraid of weapons of mass destruction
UrbanSpartan125

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 UrbanSpartan125
20% of taxes go to the military, I think we can shave a couple percent off that and still have a powerful military.SAURON221
actually its like 3.6%
Armpitfarter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Armpitfarter
Member since 2003 • 2130 Posts

well said, but he's right, we need to study science

SAURON221

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 SAURON221

[QUOTE="SAURON221"]20% of taxes go to the military, I think we can shave a couple percent off that and still have a powerful military.UrbanSpartan125
actually its like 3.6%

"...In 2006, according to the national priorities project, current military spending accounted for 27 cents for every income tax dollar paid..."

ArmoredAshes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#39 ArmoredAshes
Member since 2005 • 4025 Posts

Backbone yes...but not the only bone

nightshade85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 nightshade85
Member since 2004 • 5654 Posts
I say we should go back to covered wagons time - I'm serious, that would be awsome, screw technology - human existence is better when it's simple
UrbanSpartan125

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 UrbanSpartan125

[QUOTE="jointed"]The US is a super power....The military is the backbone of any super power/major power.Armpitfarter

TechnologyAstronaut Buzz Aldrin during the first human landing on the Moon, 1969 Astronaut Buzz Aldrin during the first human landing on the Moon, 1969 Main articles: United States technological and industrial history, Science and technology in the United States, and Transportation in the United States

The United States has been a leader in scientific research and technological innovation since the late nineteenth century, attracting immigrants such as Albert Einstein. The bulk of research and development funding, 64 percent, comes from the private sector. The United States leads the world in scientific research papers and impact factor. In 1876, Alexander Graham Bell was awarded the first patent for the telephone. The laboratory of Thomas Edison developed the phonograph, the first long-lasting light bulb, and the first viable movie camera. During World War II, the United States developed nuclear weapons, ushering in the atomic age. The space race produced rapid advances in rocketry, material science, computers, and many other areas. The United States largely developed the Arpanet and its successor, the Internet. Americans enjoy high levels of access to technological consumer goods. Almost half of U.S. households have broadband Internet service. The country is the primary developer and grower of genetically modified food; more than half of the world's land planted with biotech crops is in the United States The United States has had a powerful automotive industry for more than a century; the companies of Ransom Olds and Henry Ford pioneered assembly line manufacturing. The intercity passenger rail system is relatively weak. Only 9 percent of total U.S. work trips employ mass transit, compared to 38.8 percent in Europe.

Well as you can tell its from wikipedia, but nonetheless it shows how the US has always lead in technology when competition arises.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 deactivated-5901ac91d8e33
[QUOTE="Armpitfarter"]

[QUOTE="jointed"]The US is a super power....The military is the backbone of any super power/major power.UrbanSpartan125

TechnologyAstronaut Buzz Aldrin during the first human landing on the Moon, 1969 Astronaut Buzz Aldrin during the first human landing on the Moon, 1969 Main articles: United States technological and industrial history, Science and technology in the United States, and Transportation in the United States

The United States has been a leader in scientific research and technological innovation since the late nineteenth century, attracting immigrants such as Albert Einstein. The bulk of research and development funding, 64 percent, comes from the private sector. The United States leads the world in scientific research papers and impact factor. In 1876, Alexander Graham Bell was awarded the first patent for the telephone. The laboratory of Thomas Edison developed the phonograph, the first long-lasting light bulb, and the first viable movie camera. During World War II, the United States developed nuclear weapons, ushering in the atomic age. The space race produced rapid advances in rocketry, material science, computers, and many other areas. The United States largely developed the Arpanet and its successor, the Internet. Americans enjoy high levels of access to technological consumer goods. Almost half of U.S. households have broadband Internet service. The country is the primary developer and grower of genetically modified food; more than half of the world's land planted with biotech crops is in the United States The United States has had a powerful automotive industry for more than a century; the companies of Ransom Olds and Henry Ford pioneered assembly line manufacturing. The intercity passenger rail system is relatively weak. Only 9 percent of total U.S. work trips employ mass transit, compared to 38.8 percent in Europe.

Well as you can tell its from wikipedia, but nonetheless it shows how the US has always lead in technology when competition arises.

Well, that's not suprising at all...and what has that got to do with this thread? TC's point was that the US is spending too much money on war instead of science, not that they weren't the #1 in that particular area.

UssjTrunks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 UssjTrunks
Member since 2005 • 11299 Posts
How can you say the war hasn't brought us anything? What about safety? Up until the invasion of the Middle East terrorist attacks were a daily thing. Now that the terrorists have been killed there isn't anything to worry about, our society is finally free of terror.
UrbanSpartan125

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 UrbanSpartan125
[QUOTE="UrbanSpartan125"][QUOTE="Armpitfarter"]

[QUOTE="jointed"]The US is a super power....The military is the backbone of any super power/major power.jointed

Well, that's not suprising at all...and what has that got to do with this thread? TC's point was that the US is spending too much money on war instead of science, not that they weren't the #1 in that particular area.

The point is, many of the technologies we use today, including the internet, were developed by the US military. Infact the US military researches many technologies that will help both in war and in civilian life. We need to spend that money on the military if our technology is to advance. Besides a bulk of the research and development of technology comes from the private sector, thats capitalism.
mig_killer2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 mig_killer2
[QUOTE="SAURON221"]20% of taxes go to the military, I think we can shave a couple percent off that and still have a powerful military.UrbanSpartan125
actually its like 3.6%

sorry, but that's 3.6% of the US Gross domestic product
mig_killer2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 mig_killer2
How can you say the war hasn't brought us anything? What about safety? Up until the invasion of the Middle East terrorist attacks were a daily thing. Now that the terrorists have been killed there isn't anything to worry about, our society is finally free of terror.UssjTrunks
I sincerely hope your joking:|
SAURON221

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 SAURON221

How can you say the war hasn't brought us anything? What about safety? Up until the invasion of the Middle East terrorist attacks were a daily thing. Now that the terrorists have been killed there isn't anything to worry about, our society is finally free of terror.UssjTrunks

How many terrorist attacks do you exactly remember?

UrbanSpartan125

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 UrbanSpartan125
[QUOTE="UrbanSpartan125"][QUOTE="SAURON221"]20% of taxes go to the military, I think we can shave a couple percent off that and still have a powerful military.mig_killer2
actually its like 3.6%

sorry, but that's 3.6% of the US Gross domestic product

It is still less than many other countries, in terms of taxes.
UssjTrunks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 UssjTrunks
Member since 2005 • 11299 Posts

[QUOTE="UssjTrunks"]How can you say the war hasn't brought us anything? What about safety? Up until the invasion of the Middle East terrorist attacks were a daily thing. Now that the terrorists have been killed there isn't anything to worry about, our society is finally free of terror.mig_killer2

I don't joke on serious topics like these. Or do I? :o

mig_killer2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 mig_killer2

[QUOTE="mig_killer2"][QUOTE="UssjTrunks"]How can you say the war hasn't brought us anything? What about safety? Up until the invasion of the Middle East terrorist attacks were a daily thing. Now that the terrorists have been killed there isn't anything to worry about, our society is finally free of terror.UssjTrunks

I don't joke on serious topics like these. Or do I? :o

fact of the matter is prior to the US invasion, there were no terrorist attacks in iraq