U.S. Seniors Have Realigned With the Republican Party.

#1 Posted by Master_Live (13614 posts) -
#2 Edited by LostProphetFLCL (16970 posts) -

This is hardly news nor is it surprising....

#3 Posted by Jankarcop (8827 posts) -

so basically all racists go to republican party

#4 Posted by Aljosa23 (24294 posts) -

I, for one, am shocked that old white men are aligned with the party of old white men.

#5 Posted by Serraph105 (27571 posts) -

Old people drawn to the political party that doesn't like change? Weird.

#6 Posted by 4myAmuzumament (1743 posts) -

i can't wait for there to be online voting, keep those old folks out of the loop

#7 Posted by plageus900 (913 posts) -

You're going to have to try harder than that.

#8 Posted by wis3boi (30881 posts) -

Anyone that's a hardline democrat or republican...I wanna know what is it that they see? Both parties are bowls of shit

#9 Posted by lostrib (31509 posts) -

@wis3boi said:

Anyone that's a hardline democrat or republican...I wanna know what is it that they see? Both parties are bowls of shit

it makes things simple

#10 Posted by wis3boi (30881 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@wis3boi said:

it makes things simple

"More than two choices? More than two possibilities? More than two answers? Awww shit D:"

#11 Posted by The-Apostle (12104 posts) -

There's more than enough democrats who are just as racist.

#12 Edited by MakeMeaSammitch (3675 posts) -

@Jankarcop said:

There's more than enough democrats who are just as racist.

*cough* birther movement *cough*

#13 Posted by LJS9502_basic (149470 posts) -

Trolling republicans today then....

#14 Edited by bforrester420 (1008 posts) -

Old people drawn to the political party that doesn't like change? Weird.

This

#15 Posted by outworld222 (2311 posts) -

meh, I can't wait till middle of 16 comes.

#16 Posted by jimkabrhel (15416 posts) -

Obvious information is obvious. If seniors started pouring into the Democratic Party, or women, minorities and younger people started pouring into the Republican Party, then we would have news.

#17 Posted by bforrester420 (1008 posts) -

Republicans do strike me as the "get off my yard" party.

#18 Posted by one_plum (6299 posts) -

So the world has gone back to normal. I've always felt these last few years have been weird...

#19 Posted by Wilfred_Owen (20795 posts) -

If the democrats play there cards right all they would need to do is severely restrict trade of prune juice. And maybe limit the hours of early bird specials. All for our benefit of course.

#20 Edited by Serraph105 (27571 posts) -

@wis3boi: one party spends it's time denying science and the other does not. That's not all it boils down to, but how do you expect me to vote for the pro-science godless liberals?

#21 Edited by HailtotheQueen (156 posts) -

i can't wait for there to be online voting, keep those old folks out of the loop

#22 Posted by JimB (139 posts) -

@Jankarcop: The true racists are in the Democratic party. If you were as smart as you think you are you would know that.

#23 Edited by slateman_basic (3931 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@wis3boi said:

it makes things simple

This. 85% of the country doesn't bother to even look at the name. They simply look for an "R" or a "D."

This thread reminds me of the old adage: If you're 20 years old an you're not a liberal, you don't have a heart. If you're 50 years old and you're not a conservative, you don't have a brain.

#24 Posted by HailtotheQueen (156 posts) -

@JimB said:

@Jankarcop: The true racists are in the Democratic party. If you were as smart as you think you are you would know that.

Its always funny when conservatives get called out on their bigotry and then play the old "I know you are but what am I?" game. ;O)

Projection at its best!

#25 Posted by MakeMeaSammitch (3675 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@wis3boi said:

it makes things simple

This. 85% of the country doesn't bother to even look at the name. They simply look for an "R" or a "D."

This thread reminds me of the old adage: If you're 20 years old an you're not a liberal, you don't have a heart. If you're 50 years old and you're not a conservative, you don't have a brain.

That's not a real quote.....which makes that statement ironic...and funny.

#26 Posted by shellcase86 (1934 posts) -

This sin't news and has been true since...ever. However, it's kind of amusing how seniors align with the GOP considering they're at odds regarding socialized issues (Medicare/SS).

#27 Posted by HailtotheQueen (156 posts) -

This sin't news and has been true since...ever. However, it's kind of amusing how seniors align with the GOP considering they're at odds regarding socialized issues (Medicare/SS).

Republicans are pretty skilled at convincing certain groups of people to vote against their own best interests.

#28 Posted by collegeboy64 (1671 posts) -

I hear ya.

I can't wait for those strict voter ID laws to take affect. Keep the poor and stupid out of the loop too.

#29 Posted by SpartanMSU (3429 posts) -

@MakeMeaSammitch: When did he say it was a quote? How is it ironic?

You're dumb.