U.S., EU impose sanctions

This topic is locked from further discussion.

deeliman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 deeliman
Member since 2013 • 4027 Posts

The United States and the European Union imposed sanctions including asset freezes and travel bans on officials from Russia and Ukraine after Crimea applied to join Russia on Monday following a weekend referendum.

This is all as expected. But it remains to be seen if they will impose harsher sanctions if Russia continues it's actions.

Newhopes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2  Edited By Newhopes
Member since 2009 • 4775 Posts

HAHAHHAHAHA morons, this is going to be funny, hope you've got some candles in stock we're going to need them in a few months.

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts

@Newhopes said:

HAHAHHAHAHA morons, this is going to be funny, hope you've got some candles in stock we're going to need them in a few months.

?

Newhopes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Newhopes

@AmazonTreeBoa said:

@Newhopes said:

?

It'll start a tit for tat escalating santions, probably ending up with Russia cutting oil/gas supply to Europe which is the main reason they're not doing anything directly to Russia itself and going after officials instead.

deeliman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 deeliman
Member since 2013 • 4027 Posts

@Newhopes said:

You are one disturbed individual if you find these things funny.

Newhopes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Newhopes
@deeliman said:

@Newhopes said:

Yes frankly I do, the way the west is handled this is beyond hilarious.

I'll bet you money within a few years they'll be US/Nato military bases inside the Ukraine.

@reaper4278 said:

@Newhopes said:

I fail to find the humor in anything going on.

I just wish the U.S. was staying out of this, it is not our issue.

I Understand why the US is interfering they've just gone about it the totally wrong way, and in the long run I think what they're doing is going to make things a hell of a lot worse.

vl4d_l3nin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By vl4d_l3nin
Member since 2013 • 3702 Posts

@

@Newhopes said:

@deeliman said:

@Newhopes said:

Yes frankly I do, the way the west is handled this is beyond hilarious.

I'll bet you money within a few years they'll be US/Nato military bases inside the Ukraine.

Hilarious!

nothing tickles the funny bone like unwarranted militarism

elkoldo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By elkoldo
Member since 2009 • 1832 Posts

lol Seems like sanction is their sole key to any problem threatening their gains.First Iran now Russia.

Newhopes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Newhopes

@elkoldo said:

lol Seems like sanction is their sole key to any problem threatening their gains.First Iran now Russia.

Not really this time they've done next to nothing to be honest they've santioned 28 people in Putin's govenment but not Putin himself and a few Ukrainian's who don't back the coup.

I doubt it'll go any futher yet, Although the eastern provinces might start demanding independence from the Ukraine as well which might escalate things.

elkoldo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By elkoldo
Member since 2009 • 1832 Posts

@Newhopes said:

@elkoldo said:

Not really this time they've done next to nothing to be honest they've santioned 28 people in Putin's govenment but not Putin himself and a few Ukrainian's who don't back the coup.

I doubt it'll go any futher yet, Although the eastern provinces might start demanding independence from the Ukraine as well which might escalate things.

Hehe .Yeah I agree.I'd really love to see who the West would point the finger at if the eastern provinces demanded independence.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#12 Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

Good.

redstorm72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#13 redstorm72
Member since 2008 • 4646 Posts

Oh wow, don't do something rash that you can't take back Obama (sarcasm). This amounts to basically nothing. Its kind of amusing watching the West get their knickers in a twist when Russia invades a country, after all the countries we have fucked with, then be too afraid to actually do anything about it. To be honest, we (the West) should just back off. It is obvious we don't have the guts to play chicken with Putin, so we might was well pull out now before we embarrass ourselves.

Avatar image for MakeMeaSammitch
MakeMeaSammitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 MakeMeaSammitch
Member since 2012 • 4889 Posts

Putin is trying his hardest to start the cold war back up.

Newhopes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Newhopes

I don't think they should have backed off they just handled it completely wrong, Putin has been fairly diplomatic but the wests reaction was basically get out or face the consequences and thats turned out too be nothing more than a bluff. If they had gone into this more diplomatically and open rather than a bull in a china shop I think this wouldn't have blown up the way has.

But saying that this all smells of a set up.

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By GazaAli
Member since 2007 • 25216 Posts

@MakeMeaSammitch said:

How exactly? I'd say he's trying to restore Russia's former glory and influence as a serious world power and watch out for its interest. That says nothing about the morality or amorality of his policies. But again states have no morality anyway.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#18 Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

Someone should ask Obama how is the reset with Russia doing.

Avatar image for MakeMeaSammitch
MakeMeaSammitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 MakeMeaSammitch
Member since 2012 • 4889 Posts

@GazaAli said:

@MakeMeaSammitch said:

How exactly? I'd say he's trying to restore Russia's former glory and influence as a serious world power and watch out for its interest. That says nothing about the morality or amorality of his policies. But again states have no morality anyway.

smh

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178854 Posts

@Newhopes said:

What?

Newhopes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Newhopes

@LJS9502_basic said:

@Newhopes said:

What?

Basically this could cause a trade war(sanctions wars) which will end up with Russia cutting Oil/gas supply which will cause massive electricity shotages in most of Europe.

Probably won't happen because they don't have the guts to do it seeing as it'd probably harm us more than it'd hurt Russia.