Trump, from an English Prespective

• 87 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

RedentSC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By RedentSC
Member since 2013 • 1243 Posts

Now i know we can't say much, many of the people I inhabit this small island with decided to commit mass economic and social suicide this summer but i wasn't one of them, and to be honest BREXIT pales into insignificance when it comes to what's coming in the US this November.

There's an old saying in the UK, "If america coughs, we get a cold" ... and the idea of trump getting presidency is simply terrifying.

People in the US realise he is a Neo Nazi right? he literally is the hitler of the 21st century and i cannot believe he is in the position he is, capitalism gone mad.

So i have some basic questions.

1) What are my fello American gamer's opinion of this shriveled up grape with a fox on his head?

2) If he got to into office, how much power would he actually have. For example, in the UK, in order to do anything realistically, it needs to go through the house of commons, so it's hard for any PM to make any serious changes without the "people's" consent, although does happen in specific situations. People are always saying the US president is the most powerful man in the world, but is he? i know for laws it needs to go through the senate and house of reps etc, but could he, for example. order a nuclear launch on NK without any real justification? could (and would) your chiefs of staff prevent such a stupid move? or are we all totally fucked?

The later questions really concerns a lot of people outside the US, as we have no say in what happens. Trump is the exact kind of people who would do this and anyone who has followed him for more than the last 2 years will guarantee he has the capability and the want to do this. He wants to make a name for himself, good or bad doesn't matter. More power, a true psychopathic trait.

So yeah.. anyone else as scared as me?

PS .. Clinton isn't the best opposition but shes a damn sight better than trump thats for sure.

EDIT: To those who responded with 'meh he mentioned Hitler, makes his argument pointless'... Read the reasons why I'm comparing trump to Hitler and counter point them... You know have a proper conversation about them. Otherwise you just make yourself look like an utter ignorant fool

smurfXYZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 smurfXYZ
Member since 2016 • 74 Posts

trump is not the danger, the people who choose him to be his puppet in the elections are,

the election arnt about real topics or politics anymore, they are about the candidates age and health and thats all everyone is concerned about ... convinient

its somehow shaping up that none of the world powers have any interest of ending the wwar we have in syria, it drives people into europe, it give turkey and russia power over european countries, nationalism can rise in eurpe again because of the refuges and they are nothing more, really, then a means to pressure the local citizens to accept overall lower working standarts and payments and survilliance ...

this is the only reason refugees are the big topic now, if u look at france, the country is practically torn between the goverment wich wants to lower working standarts and union rights fundamentaly and all teh people living there ... until the beginning of the year ... now its about patriotism and nationalism and no one cares what the goverment is doing in the meantime ... its happening in germany with temporary-workers, its happening in the UK now that they are isolated, in russia and soon in the US too

because of this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bilderberg_Group

its the same happening as everywere, regardless if macrocosm or microcosm, world politics or internet forum

the next years or even decades are set, thats somehow clear, so lets hope it isnt getting as bad as it can, but it probably will ... so from my perspective there are only two options in teh face of this situation, giving up everything we have hold on so far and just run with the storm that is coming ... or, try to withstand it and wait for the things to prosper after it will be over ...

regards

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

Trump would not be a thing at all if we were not poised to have Angela Merkel 2.0 as president. We will do anything it takes to not have that happen. I would thnk a guy from a country with a grooming gang problem would understand that. Also, "literally hitler of the 21st century"? Project fear is one of the reasons Brexit passed so it seems counter intuitive to keep using it. When you are a drama queen you hurt your position.

RedentSC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By RedentSC

@Riverwolf007:

Makes no sense, grooming gang problem? That's not an English specific issue believe me.

Merkle is the reason trump is rising to power? Please expand on that one

Project fear was the reason brexit passed correct, however it's obvious Trump is massivly unhinged and psychotic. He's wanting to kick out all Muslims (among other) simple because of what they believe... You telling me that's not worthy of being fearful?

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Riverwolf007

@RedentSC: This is exactly what I'm talking about. You can't deport legal citizens. It's impossible. These silly arguments do nothing except hurt your credibility.

mark1974

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By mark1974
Member since 2015 • 4261 Posts

I am also very concerned about Trump and the fact that so many people are either ignorant enough or hateful enough to vote for him. No one likes Hillary but she is merely a typical politician. Trump is clearly an illinformed, narcissistic lunatic and it's as if half of the U.S. can't see it or don't care. People lost their minds when Obama became president and the crazies all came out of the wood work. I had no idea there were so many of them. Those of us who have any sanity left are doing all we can to keep this guy out of office, it's absolutely unbelievable how close he is. Scary times indeed.

RedentSC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By RedentSC

@Riverwolf007 said:

@RedentSC: This is exactly what I'm talking about. You can't deport legal citizens. It's impossible. These silly arguments do nothing except hurt your credibility.

Can i remind you of Hitler? Starlin. Both were "elected" to power in what was considered either a republic or democracy (yes originally, CCCP was brought about by a revolution and was designed to be a democracy, before it was hijacked). History repeats itself. Its never stupid to consider histories lessons and apply them to the present, it's the only way to avoid the horrors of the past bro

@mark1974 Indeed fella. I have a few friends who have already booked flights for January to get out of the country if he gets in. Its absolutely terrifying

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Riverwolf007

Quick bring up hitler again!!! Lol, this is why you guys are useless to Hillary. You can't do anything but invoke project fear as soon as you are shown how silly your "Trump gonna eject all Muslims" line is.

Hillary is warning people about the danger to the republic a cartoon frog is on her official site and instead of that being some nonsense like your "trump is literally hitler" and 'ejecting all Muslims" project fear garbage it is the gobsmakingly outrageous truth. These worn out tired tactics and the denial of reality for undeserved moral high ground is exactly why you have run into a brick wall.

Mordant221

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By Mordant221
Member since 2013 • 372 Posts
Loading Video...

Anyway, I'm voting for Trump.

Gonna enjoy watching the world burn

RedentSC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By RedentSC

@Riverwolf007: why not try and counter my points instead of just flat out saying I'm wrong? I'm trying to have a discussion here, there is no place for blind d rhetoric. So unless you can show evidence that I'm incorrect then your opinions are just that. Opinions and ones which the vast majority of normal, well rounded and empathetic people will see as stupid at best and horrific at worst

Besides my question still stands. Will he literally have the power to drop a nuke and nobody can stop him? As this is what the rest of the world is led to believe

Let's also not forget that he's currently named as a defendent in two rape trials... Which he will face next year. That will be a turn up for the books, a president on trial for rape

mark1974

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 mark1974

@mordant221: I think a lot of people must share your view. And if Trump gets in it will most certainly be a disaster. The silver lining for me would be that we would most likely never elect a Republican again after that. As much as I dislike Hillary I'm tempted to take your attitude just to put the final nail in the Republican coffin.

RedentSC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 RedentSC

@mark1974: would thst not be too much of a risk though? Someone with that much power who is so unhinged could easily run your country into the ground lads :(

mark1974

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By mark1974

@RedentSC: it is too much of a risk, you are correct. I'm just trying to see a bright side if worse comes to worst.

RedentSC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 RedentSC

@mark1974: when you say bright side you mean looking for the cheapest flight out right?

mark1974

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 mark1974

@RedentSC: Can you help me become an English citizen? I would jump at the chance to move over there.

Mordant221

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Mordant221
Member since 2013 • 372 Posts

@RedentSC: Doesn't matter, whether it be Hillary or Trump, it'll end the same.

Personally, I'm ok with that.

Yeah, Bernie and Johnson are the leaders we need, but Hillary and Trump are what we deserve. Our country brought this on ourselves, maybe finally putting another horrible person in office and running our country even further into the ground will make us better off in the long run.

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Riverwolf007

@RedentSC: counter what points? Trump is literally hitler and going to round up and deport american citizens? Then the counter gets ignored so you can bring up some other nonsense?

Lulz. You act like people can't see exactly what you do and should invest time into playing games.

byof_america

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#18 byof_america
Member since 2006 • 1952 Posts

He can't launch nukes by himself. He would need the Secretary of Defense to input his codes as well. So IF he were to appoint a bat shyt insane person as SoD and IF congress approved the appointment, then that half of the battle is over. After that, a bunch of members of the leadership would be notified that nukes were being launched and I believe they would be able to stop him... I think.

Anyhoo, I think some of his supporters see him merely as a symbol. The thought of some people is that voting him in to office will show Washington they are tired of this "politics as usual" trample on the little guy in the name of greed stuff going on now.

Stesilaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#19 Stesilaus
Member since 2007 • 4999 Posts

@RedentSC said:

... and to be honest BREXIT pales into insignificance when it comes to what's coming in the US this November.

Not really. Through its impact on the EU, Brexit is likely to have a larger effect on the US than the outcome of the US election is likely to have on Britain.

Decisions of consequence in the US aren't made by either the president or Congress. They're made by people whom the rabble can't even identify, let alone select or reject in elections. The president and Congress merely provide the illusion of a politically-empowered populace.

Ask yourself: Do you really think that the 2003 invasion of Iraq wouldn't have happened if Gore had been the US president at the time? We'd have had Gore-flavored lies and pretexts instead of Bush-flavored lies and pretexts, but the invasion would have happened nonetheless.

In theory, a president with ample popular support could step out of line and try to exert his own will, but the grim fate of JFK provides an example of what happens to such presidents.

RedentSC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 RedentSC

@Stesilaus: I believe it has more significance, at least in the immediate future. Brexit won't be felt properly until the early 2020s by which point we shall either be rid of trump and survived his tenure or well all be loving in the fallout universe. I see your point though, brexit fucked a lot of shit up and I was extremely vocal and annoyed about it at the time. I still am but I'm just tired of speaking to racist biggots who can't reply to any point you put out

@byof_america: thanks yiuw bud, this is what I'm very comforted to hear.

@mordant221: I see what you are saying bud, I just hope the country come to its senses without all the pain that's coming

@mark1974: any time Bro. Although you may not wish to move here. Quite a cooking pot of all kinds of tensions right now.

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Riverwolf007

@RedentSC: Yeah, heaven forbid that we have racist bigots that can't answer points running around generalizing large groups of people into simple stereotypes.

That would be deplorable.

Lulz.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d
deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#22 deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d
Member since 2005 • 7914 Posts

Hilary is going to win because Trump is too crazy. I'm voting for Gary Johnson tho.

Effec_Tor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#23 Effec_Tor
Member since 2014 • 914 Posts

Op is a Guardian reader.

RedentSC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By RedentSC

@effec_tor: not sure if you'd consider that a good or bad thing? However yes I do believe the Guardian to be one of the few remaining half decent news outlets. Not a paper reader though, I'm still in my 20s ha

Good observational deduction though I'm impressed

Effec_Tor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Effec_Tor

If Trump is so racist or a neo Nazi, why did Jesse Jackson say this in 98?

Loading Video...

RedentSC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By RedentSC

@effec_tor: well that's a very well prepared side of trump. All that cheap labor really helps when building his towers but once they are done? Haha ah well

And Jessy Jackson doesn't look chuffed about making what looks like a wrote-for-him speech.

Best thing about that clip? Confirmation trump has held his horrific beliefs for a very long time.. I mean the man hasn't changed his dress sense or hair style in at least 20 years.., hes not gonna be fooked to try and change his opinions on shit

Effec_Tor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Effec_Tor

Ok.. his daughter Ivanka Trump and his grandchildren are all jewish.

RedentSC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By RedentSC

@effec_tor: yep, by marriage. She married Kushner's son didn't she? Who happens to be another massive real estate psychopath.

Money breads money, fascists are happy to put aside their hatred for anyone if they stand to gain from it. There are many examples of this from history

Also in Jewish weddings the groom pays for part of it (as apposed to the brides family paying all in an Orthodox Christian weddings) so he's clear just looking to save another buck or two :)

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 N64DD
Member since 2015 • 13167 Posts

As soon as you compare anybody to Hitler your argument is shit.

RedentSC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By RedentSC

@joebones5000: this again is music to my ears. I'm glad to see the 'minorities' in the states are numerous enough to be able to actually save themselves.

The arrogance of the white uneducated masses in the US (or anywhere for that matter) dumbfounds me on a regular basis

mark1974

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By mark1974

@n64dd: Is it ok if I compare Stalin to Hitler? Or if I compare Trump to Mussolini? They didn't know what Hitler was going to do until he got into power. I'm sure they weren't expecting what they got. You sure you know about Trump?

How do you feel about Putin?

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By N64DD

@mark1974 said:

@n64dd: Is it ok if I compare Stalin to Hitler? Or if I compare Trump to Mussolini? They didn't know what Hitler was going to do until he got into power. I'm sure they weren't expecting what they got. You sure you know about Trump?

How do you feel about Putin?

You know what I mean. Splitting hairs isn't going to help your cause or your paranoia.

DevilMightCry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 DevilMightCry
Member since 2007 • 3554 Posts

I'm no fan of Trump, but OP is a moron.

SanitySoldOut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 SanitySoldOut
Member since 2015 • 82 Posts

The whole election. It's kinda like a big IQ test isn't it.

mark1974

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 mark1974

@n64dd: I am very paranoid about a Trump presidency. I feel like I have very good reasons for my paranoia. Just because you are paranoid doesn't mean Trump isn't going to be a strong arm despot. I hope it's like you say and he is going to make everything great.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 N64DD

@mark1974 said:

@n64dd: I am very paranoid about a Trump presidency. I feel like I have very good reasons for my paranoia. Just because you are paranoid doesn't mean Trump isn't going to be a strong arm despot. I hope it's like you say and he is going to make everything great.

Comparing him to hitler is fucking stupid.

RedentSC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 RedentSC

@n64dd: You need to remember history mate as it will repeat. It's been shown time and time again and the people who are unwilling to make the connections are usually the one that get swept up it their rhetoric.

Now, how are we meant to make said connection if we can't compare trump, who is an undeniably scary proposition, to someone in a similar situation (eerily in fact) but from a different time? Especially when we know how that turned out and use it to potentially judge what COULD be coming.

It's just thinking critically mate, if everyone did this trump wouldn't have even got candidacy, among many other things

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#39 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17892 Posts

im convinced he is a democratic plant that wasn't supposed to be this effective. he was just supposed to mess up the republican party (if there is such a thing left) and leave the door open for clinton. he wasnt supposed to get the nomination or anything. i still think at some stage he is just going to just say "ok lads...jokes over. bloody hell how far do i have to push it before i get banned from politics?" or something to that effect.

in all seriousness though both brexit and the success of people like trump is worrying as its showing a serious civic divide in the western world. something has gone wrong. its hard to pinpoint what it is (its probably lots of things really) but people seem to be getting sick of the way things are working now. i mean if someone put an inanminate carbon rod or a monkey in pyjamas up for election i think they would get a lot more support than they should. becuase beep it...why not? for the laugh n all that.

even if trump loses (and thats a big if) its still worrying. he loses this time..what about next time?

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 N64DD

@RedentSC said:

@n64dd: You need to remember history mate as it will repeat. It's been shown time and time again and the people who are unwilling to make the connections are usually the one that get swept up it their rhetoric.

Now, how are we meant to make said connection if we can't compare trump, who is an undeniably scary proposition, to someone in a similar situation (eerily in fact) but from a different time? Especially when we know how that turned out and use it to potentially judge what COULD be coming.

It's just thinking critically mate, if everyone did this trump wouldn't have even got candidacy, among many other things

I know history, especially world war II history. The only thing Hitler and Trump have in common is they're both people.

N30F3N1X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 N30F3N1X
Member since 2009 • 8923 Posts

Reductio ad Hitlerum in the third paragraph of the very first post.

I think this might be a record.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 N64DD

@N30F3N1X said:

Reductio ad Hitlerum in the third paragraph of the very first post.

I think this might be a record.

pretty much.

Shrek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Shrek
Member since 2015 • 387 Posts

Trump is a neo Nazi? Way to create baseless fear propaganda.

smurfXYZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By smurfXYZ

@osan0 said:

something has gone wrong. its hard to pinpoint what it is

the funniest thing I heard today, thx man ... still loling

RedentSC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By RedentSC

I find it astounding that you guys don't see the similarities to be honest.

Trump is a fascist. He wouldnt be saying all the horrific shit hes saying if he wasn't.

Hitler just happened to be a rather charismatic fascist that gripped a country in the swathes in inner discontent with the establishment, xenophobia running rife and a waning economy. Sounds like the US and Trump to me (your economy is going down the pan, just very slowly).

Shit it could quite easily be the UK with Theresa May (or Nigel 'mini trump' Farage of UKIP fame) but she at least has half decent morals (and that's saying something considering she's a thatcherite).

My point don't dismiss arguments just because someone mentions Hitler, especially when it's so obviously an accurate simile.

If you disagree please feel free to expand on the conversation but don't make yourself look like a petulant school kid being pedantic and ignoring the meat of the debate

RedentSC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 RedentSC

Also, here is a little example of what Donald Trumps Son is having to deny right now

'Mr Trump's son, Donald Trump, Jr, denied anti-Semitism after he accused the media of not holding Democrats to account, adding: "If Republicans were doing that, they'd be warming up the gas chamber right now"' Source BBC

You tell me he didn't learn such causal racism / antisemitism and just outright lack of empathy from his dad.

smurfXYZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By smurfXYZ

you may want to keep in mind that hitler isnt respnsible for anyting that happend, its the german peoples ...

like now, you think trump will building a wall or camps by himself all alone

again, everything is projected on one person, one over-natural being, that isnt even real, wich is a made up illusion ... and yet, you will blame him/it for everything that will happen ...

thats what americans have their presidents for

regards

Effec_Tor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Effec_Tor

@RedentSC said:

Also, here is a little example of what Donald Trumps Son is having to deny right now

'Mr Trump's son, Donald Trump, Jr, denied anti-Semitism after he accused the media of not holding Democrats to account, adding: "If Republicans were doing that, they'd be warming up the gas chamber right now"' Source BBC

You tell me he didn't learn such causal racism / antisemitism and just outright lack of empathy from his dad.

C
C

I guess he was referring to this.

SUD123456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 SUD123456
Member since 2007 • 6974 Posts

Thread title is misleading. No attempt at presenting an English perspective. Instead, the perspective is that of one heavily biased and perhaps disturbed individual.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#50  Edited By Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19689 Posts
@SUD123456 said:

Thread title is misleading. No attempt at presenting an English perspective. Instead, the perspective is that of one heavily biased and perhaps disturbed individual.

It's not misleading. OP is fairly representative of the general English population:

Strong British opposition to Trump (YouGov poll)

Let's not forget that there was a UK petition last year calling for Trump to be banned from the UK.