Transformers Prime? What?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Mega-Mustaine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Mega-Mustaine
Member since 2010 • 2130 Posts

What is this? I was just browsing through the channels and I come across a CGI show of Transformers on HUB. How long has this been going on?

Right now there are two female transformers, one an autobot who turns into a motorcycle and another who I guess is a decepticon that has the body of a spider (which, by the way, looks pretty bad-ass)... and then there's some (teenage?) boy. When did this happen? How come I am now finding out about this? Is this show known to be any good? Terrible?

I'm confused, guys.

scorch-62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 scorch-62
Member since 2006 • 29763 Posts
It's been on for quite some time now. It's certainly a lot better than some of the other attempts at a Transformers show, but I wouldn't lump it together with the good ones. Also, the two females have been established characters for a long time. The motorcycle Autobot is Arcee. The spider Decepticon is Blackarachnia.
Mega-Mustaine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Mega-Mustaine
Member since 2010 • 2130 Posts

It's been on for quite some time now. It's certainly a lot better than some of the other attempts at a Transformers show, but I wouldn't lump it together with the good ones. Also, the two females are established characters. The motorcycle Autobot is Arcee. The spider Decepticon is Blackarachnia.scorch-62

I am surprised I'm just now finding this out. I think I recall seeing a commercial for it a while ago with Optimus, but it must have just been background noise.

I did not know that. I didn't know female transformers existed really, lol. I'm pretty ignorant about the Transformers universe.

Hallenbeck77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Hallenbeck77  Moderator
Member since 2005 • 16879 Posts

It's on in the U.S on The Hub (formerly Discovery Kids). It's a solid enough show, better than what I thought it'd be. Just got picked up for a second season. And surpringly, it features original Transformers voice actors Peter Cullen and Frank Welker as Optimus and Megatron, respectively.

scorch-62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 scorch-62
I did not know that. I didn't know female transformers existed really, lol. I'm pretty ignorant about the Transformers universe.Mega-Mustaine
There was at least one entire Generation 1 episode devoted to the female Autobots and how the Decepticons thought they were all wiped out. I don't know about Arcee, but I want to say Blackarachnia didn't show up until Beast Wars.
It's on in the U.S on The Hub (formerly Discovery Kids). It's a solid enough show, better than what I thought it'd be. Just got picked up for a second season. And durpringly, it features original Transformers voice actors Peter Cullen and Frank Welker as Optimus and Megatron, respectively.Hallenbeck77
Frank, too? Peter was fairly obvious, but I don't think I caught an episode that featured Megatron's voice. And it goes to show I never bothered to look it up, either. =P
Hallenbeck77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Hallenbeck77  Moderator

Frank, too? Peter was fairly obvious, but I don't think I caught an episode that featured Megatron's voice. And it goes to show I never bothered to look it up, either. =Pscorch-62
He doesn't sound exactly like he did back in the day with the heavy, raspy tone, but he does a great job with him. I actually perfer the VO work here; he seems more sinister this time around.

scorch-62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 scorch-62
He doesn't sound exactly like he did back in the day with the heavy, raspy tone, but he does a great job with him. I actually perfer the VO work here; he seems more sinister this time around.Hallenbeck77
If his voice is still anything like it was when he made a cameo on Family Guy a couple years ago, I can only imagine, haha.
Kh1ndjal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Kh1ndjal
Member since 2003 • 2788 Posts
The spider Decepticon is Blackarachnia.scorch-62
is it the same blackarachnia from the beast wars spinoff?
scorch-62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 scorch-62
[QUOTE="scorch-62"]The spider Decepticon is Blackarachnia.Kh1ndjal

Same character, yes.
Hallenbeck77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Hallenbeck77  Moderator
[QUOTE="scorch-62"]The spider Decepticon is Blackarachnia.Kh1ndjal

No. The characters name is Airachnid, and she has a vehicle mode of an stealth chopper. She doesn't have a definitive beast mode, but she can turn convert her lover body to that of a spider's.
judog1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#11 judog1
Member since 2005 • 24657 Posts
I've seen commercials for it. I'm not sure if the show is any good or not, but it just felt like a way to get interest started in that new HUB channel, that I still haven't watched.
Hallenbeck77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Hallenbeck77  Moderator
I've seen commercials for it. I'm not sure if the show is any good or not, but it just felt like a way to get interest started in that new HUB channel, that I still haven't watched.judog1
It worked for me. They even give reruns of the original series as well.
scorch-62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 scorch-62
[QUOTE="Kh1ndjal"][QUOTE="scorch-62"]The spider Decepticon is Blackarachnia.Hallenbeck77

No. The characters name is Airachnid, and she has a vehicle mode of an stealth chopper. She doesn't have a definitive beast mode, but she can turn convert her lover body to that of a spider's.

I stand corrected. I never heard a name, so I just assumed.
Hallenbeck77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Hallenbeck77  Moderator
[QUOTE="scorch-62"][QUOTE="Hallenbeck77"][QUOTE="Kh1ndjal"] is it the same blackarachnia from the beast wars spinoff?

I stand corrected. I never heard a name, so I just assumed.

Had to double-check myself; I DVR a lot of the episodes, but haven't started watching until recently. :P
Cyb0rg360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Cyb0rg360
Member since 2006 • 387 Posts

Huh? The motorcycle transformers (blanking on names) were females last I checked.