Too fat? Nah -- I'm far too skinny

• 151 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Tsunami23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Tsunami23
Member since 2004 • 1352 Posts

Making this thread because quite honestly it's a subject that has been eating on my mind for... years now.

Let me put things into perspective: I am 5'9', 125 pounds. I'm a twenty year-old male. And I cannot for the life of me gain weight.

I know what everyone is going to try and say, for me to pack on the calories, eat a ton, and hit the gym. Prior to college I played ice hockey for over ten years of my life, and at the tail end of those years pretty competitively - hell, I even had that outlandish dream of going pro. Competitive hockey meant being on the ice every other day and being at the gym on the days I wasn't practicing, I went to the gym for years, taking all the protein powders, the weight gainers, the vitamins... everything short of illegal steroids. At the end of my hockey "career," I was 18 and 135 pounds, same height. I went off to college, didn't excercise... and I lost ten pounds of muscle. Three years or so of lifting weights and taking the supplements got me TEN ****ING POUNDS.

So yeah, I'm just sort of frustrated with this stupid body. I know larger people are probably reading this and rolling their eyes, thinking I have it easy, but it's eaten away at my self-conscience a while now. I guess I'm not really asking for any advice on how to gain weight since, again, I know nothing will work, but rather I was just sort of looking for anyone as puny as me so I can at least take solace in the fact that I'm not alone. I hate living life and seeing these big, buff dudes and knowing that if I go to the beach and take my shirt off I essentially would look like either a 12 year old Chinese boy or a European supermodel. I'm not kidding.

/emotionalventpost, go ahead and make fun of me Off-Topic :|

no_more_fayth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 no_more_fayth
Member since 2010 • 11928 Posts

I don't get why you wanna gain weight.

cheesyjon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 cheesyjon
Member since 2009 • 45844 Posts

Dude! Grow! :P

Avatar image for CocoMarshmellow
CocoMarshmellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 CocoMarshmellow
Member since 2010 • 648 Posts
As a girl, I envy you. :P
QiiXii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 QiiXii
Member since 2009 • 603 Posts
You're definitely not alone. I'm really skinny, as are many of my friends. It's better than being overweight, IMO.
Avatar image for the_foreign_guy
the_foreign_guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 the_foreign_guy
Member since 2005 • 22657 Posts
I'm in the same boat as you. I'm 5'8'' and 130 lbs. I'd like to gain 20-30 more pounds. :P
needled24-7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 needled24-7
Member since 2007 • 15902 Posts

body of a 12 year old, you say.

if you work out, you will look like a guy that works out. i know you know that, but if you lost all your muscles from before, just build your muscles back up and you could prob still get the chicks

cheesyjon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 cheesyjon
Member since 2009 • 45844 Posts

As a girl, I envy you. :PCocoMarshmellow

Yay for girls! :oops:

Laser_Hunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Laser_Hunter
Member since 2010 • 4780 Posts
Uhhhh.... idk what to say.... I gained 5 pounds (of muscle I hope :P) these last 2 months from just fixing my diet and taking whey protein. (I already used to go to the gym). Maybe try eating McDonald's for the rest of your life :P
Tsunami23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Tsunami23
Member since 2004 • 1352 Posts

no_more_fayth

I'm tired of being the "guy that's too skinny." I've played that stupid role all my life. I can't possibly think of any women who'd want to go out with a guy that looks like a noodle.

Alex3796

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 1

#11 Alex3796
Member since 2009 • 2669 Posts

I'm 14, the same height as you, and I weigh close to 150. I don't work out, the only sport I compete in is cross country. Hmmm....

GTA_dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 GTA_dude
Member since 2004 • 18358 Posts
Damnnnn I'm 21, 5'6 1/2" and I weigh 132lbs, and 5% body fat. I thought I was skinny....
Dub_c6969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Dub_c6969
Member since 2004 • 6014 Posts
I know how you feel. Im 6,4 at 165 pounds.
no_more_fayth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 no_more_fayth

[QUOTE="no_more_fayth"]

Tsunami23

I'm tired of being the "guy that's too skinny." I've played that stupid role all my life. I can't possibly think of any women who'd want to go out with a guy that looks like a noodle.

Date scene chicks.

If you have an ounce of muscle, they don't want you.

Believe me.

I date these type of girls.

LightR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 LightR
Member since 2009 • 17739 Posts
I have the same problem. I go to the gym or workout atleast 5-6 times a week and I rarely gain weight. I've been getting stronger and more muscles but my weight has magically declined even further when I was skin and bones to begin with. I'm actualy munching on some chicken right now after my @home work out.
redstorm72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#16 redstorm72
Member since 2008 • 4646 Posts

Yeah, I'm 5'6'' and 125 pounds. I haven't gained a pound in years, even tough I've become much more fit. Whatever, it doesn't really concern me.

njean777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 njean777
Member since 2007 • 3807 Posts

eat every fast food resturant food you can for about a month. ;)

Pirate700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Pirate700
Member since 2008 • 46465 Posts

There's really nothing you can do. Being a "hard gainer" makes it impossible to gain fat weight. I'm the same way though. I used to take weight gain shakes and my body would literally heat up burning the calories off. You'll be thankful though when your fat friends have all sorts of health problems and you don't. There are no health benefits to having a lot of fat.

jasonharris48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 jasonharris48
Member since 2006 • 21441 Posts

no_more_fayth

5'9, 125 LBS I would want to gain weight too. In fact I do I'm 5'6 125 LBS and I'm trying to gain about twenty pounds.

NoobisMaxcimus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 NoobisMaxcimus
Member since 2007 • 2893 Posts

Dude I'm in the same boat. My own best friend said I was "awkwardly skinny" tryin to make this girl he liked laugh. Being skinny to such a point really sucks.

no_more_fayth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 no_more_fayth

I... don't get it. :?

Phaze-Two

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Phaze-Two
Member since 2009 • 3444 Posts

go on the GOMAD diet and stronglifts 5*5 program. I Guarantee you will gain weight. look it up.

NoobisMaxcimus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 NoobisMaxcimus
Member since 2007 • 2893 Posts

no_more_fayth

Guys don't want to look like European anorexic supermodels.

no_more_fayth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 no_more_fayth

[QUOTE="no_more_fayth"]

NoobisMaxcimus

But that's sexy.

Muscle is gross. :|

Phaze-Two

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Phaze-Two

There's really nothing you can do. Being a "hard gainer" makes it impossible to gain fat weight. I'm the same way though. I used to take weight gain shakes and my body would literally heat up burning the calories off. You'll be thankful though when your fat friends have all sorts of health problems and you don't. There are no health benefits to having a lot of fat.

Pirate700

thats not true at all.

it's a simple fact, if you add an excess of calories, you gain weight. try eating more food. and i doubt he wants to gain just fat.... eat more food and do heavy lifting, you'll gain muscle. simple as that. if not, you just didn't do it long enough.

LightR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 LightR
[QUOTE="NoobisMaxcimus"]

[QUOTE="no_more_fayth"]

This, it's just tiresome putting all the effort into gaining weight while there's people who do nothing and are naturally muscular.
Pirate700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Pirate700

I have the same problem. I go to the gym or workout atleast 5-6 times a week and I rarely gain weight. I've been getting stronger and more muscles but my weight has magically declined even further when I was skin and bones to begin with. I'm actualy munching on some chicken right now after my @home work out.LightR
:lol: I'm the same way. I've been lifting for years. I'm bigger and much stronger than I was a couple years ago yet my weight hasn't budged. I even eat tons of fast food and have a very high calorie and protein diet. Can't gain a steady pound of fat.

Lyphe2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Lyphe2k
Member since 2007 • 3385 Posts
Lmaooo I your physical profile almost fits me perfectly. I'm also 20, about 5'9'' and I weigh like 120 lbs. I've heard it aaallll. Work out, eat more, protein powder, McDonald's, muscle milk blah, blah and blah. What a lot of people tell me is that I have a fast metabolism and by 25-30 years old it'll slow down and I'll have a fine ass body. BUT I thought these were my golden years so I'd rather have that NOW lol. I don't think I can gain weight for the life of me but whatever. What more can I do? I've gotten used to my skinny body and although I'd be a bit self-conscious taking my shirt off, I'm fine with leaving a wife-beater on when I go to the beach :) What I would recommend to you though is to check to see if you have a type of thyroid. I have a friend with hyper-thyroid and she eats like a BEAST and doesn't gain a single pound.
chris_yz80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 chris_yz80
Member since 2004 • 1219 Posts

no_more_fayth
its quite simply, you see being skinny is to skinny people as being fat is to fat people, i hate being 155lbs, mind you im 6 foot.
LightR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 LightR
[QUOTE="Phaze-Two"]

[QUOTE="Pirate700"]

thats not true at all.

it's a simple fact, if you add an excess of calories, you gain weight. try eating more food. and i doubt he wants to gain just fat.... eat more food and do heavy lifting, you'll gain muscle. simple as that. if not, you just didn't do it long enough.

I've been doing that for more than a year and I've only gained 10-15 pounds. I'm still young and growing though so must of it isn't from weight lifting. I've actually been losing weight within the past 6 months and I've been working out more...
chris_yz80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 chris_yz80

go on the GOMAD diet and stronglifts 5*5 program. I Guarantee you will gain weight. look it up.

Phaze-Two
yeah thats what i hae been meaning to look up, i hear its very good
LOXO7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 LOXO7
Member since 2008 • 5595 Posts
Drink lots and lots of beer.
atony12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#33 atony12
Member since 2007 • 960 Posts
Well your matbalism is so high that you really don't have to worry about gaining fat. Only way to gain weight is through muscle so I'd start hitting the gym double of what your doin now if you want to bulk up.
Pirate700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Pirate700

Lmaooo I your physical profile almost fits me perfectly. I'm also 20, about 5'9'' and I weigh like 120 lbs. I've heard it aaallll. Work out, eat more, protein powder, McDonald's, muscle milk blah, blah and blah. What a lot of people tell me is that I have a fast metabolism and by 25-30 years old it'll slow down and I'll have a fine ass body. BUT I thought these were my golden years so I'd rather have that NOW lol. I don't think I can gain weight for the life of me but whatever. What more can I do? I've gotten used to my skinny body and although I'd be a bit self-conscious taking my shirt off, I'm fine with leaving a wife-beater on when I go to the beach :) What I would recommend to you though is to check to see if you have a type of thyroid. I have a friend with hyper-thyroid and she eats like a BEAST and doesn't gain a single pound.Lyphe2k
I hear that all the time too that your metabolism WILL eventually slow down. It may be in your 30s but it will happen. It's just a matter of how much.

LightR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 LightR

[QUOTE="LightR"]I have the same problem. I go to the gym or workout atleast 5-6 times a week and I rarely gain weight. I've been getting stronger and more muscles but my weight has magically declined even further when I was skin and bones to begin with. I'm actualy munching on some chicken right now after my @home work out.Pirate700

:lol: I'm the same way. I've been lifting for years. I'm bigger and much stronger than I was a couple years ago yet my weight hasn't budged. I even eat tons of fast food and have a very high calorie and protein diet. Can't gain a steady pound of fat.

I know I could fit some more protein into my diet but I don't see it making all the difference. I still got alot of years ahead of me, my dads metabolism changed in his mid-twenties so hopefully mine does to, preferably before that though.
Phaze-Two

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Phaze-Two

[QUOTE="Phaze-Two"]

chris_yz80

i did it for 1.5 months until I got a dibilitating toothache and a terrible flu. gained 15 pounds. well 20 right after, but then i lost the fat like a couple weeks later.

I'm a "hardgainer" as well.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#37 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58478 Posts

no_more_fayth

i imagine being scrawny is almost as bad as being fat

but honestly 5'9'' and 125 isnt that bad

Pirate700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Pirate700

Drink lots and lots of beer.LOXO7
I'm on that diet already. It's finally started to give me a little bit of a gut but that's it. :lol:

Pirate700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Pirate700

[QUOTE="no_more_fayth"]

mrbojangles25

It really isn't. It's at the bottome end of the desired weight for that height. 125-150 I think is where you're supposed to be around 5'8"-5'10".

Phaze-Two

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Phaze-Two

[QUOTE="Phaze-Two"]

[QUOTE="Pirate700"]

LightR

thats not true at all.

I've been doing that for more than a year and I've only gained 10-15 pounds. I'm still young and growing though so must of it isn't from weight lifting. I've actually been losing weight within the past 6 months and I've been working out more...

track your calories daily, and what kind of food you are eating. you probably just think you are eating alot, but you're not.

look up the GOMAD diet and stronglifts 5*5 workout plan. See if you don't gain weight.

the diet is the hardest part, not the lifting.

chris_yz80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 chris_yz80

[QUOTE="chris_yz80"][QUOTE="Phaze-Two"]

Phaze-Two

i did it for 1.5 months until I got a dibilitating toothache and a terrible flu. gained 15 pounds. well 20 right after, but then i lost the fat like a couple weeks later.

I'm a "hardgainer" as well.

yeah i want to hit 75kg (im 70atm) by the end of the year, ill look it up, thanks for the reminder btw, to bad on getting sick what a pain.... inuendo intended
Alacoque72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Alacoque72
Member since 2008 • 1238 Posts

I do pushups and situps a couple times a week and drink protein shakes. I'm not gaining weight very fast at all but a couple months ago I gained 5 pounds in 2 weeks which was weird. I'm 6' 142 pounds btw.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#43 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58478 Posts

[QUOTE="mrbojangles25"]

[QUOTE="no_more_fayth"]

Pirate700

It really isn't. It's at the bottome end of the desired weight for that height. 125-150 I think is where you're supposed to be around 5'8"-5'10".

haha yea, but my roommate was that size and, idunno maybe its because I am such a big guy regardless of body fat percentage...but I cannot imagine being that thin.

Phaze-Two

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Phaze-Two

btw GOMAD means Gallon of (whole) Milk a day. Plus 3 good meals a day. that gives you around 5K calories... you WILL gain weight no matter what. and theres plenty of protein so you don't have to take that supplement bull. you have to deal with some bloating, and you need to train your stomach to handle that. it will literally stretch out. that's good.

LightR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 LightR

[QUOTE="LightR"][QUOTE="Phaze-Two"]

thats not true at all.

Phaze-Two

track your calories daily, and what kind of food you are eating. you probably just think you are eating alot, but you're not.

look up the GOMAD diet and stronglifts 5*5 workout plan. See if you don't gain weight.

Just looked up GOMAD and I probably already drink 2-3 litres of milk a day. Not sure if the extra litre will make a difference. :P

Took a glimpse at the 5*5 workout plan and the one I have now seems harder. I'm just saying it's almost impossible for me to gain weight.

Phaze-Two

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Phaze-Two

I do pushups and situps a couple times a week and drink protein shakes. I'm not gaining weight very fast at all but a couple months ago I gained 5 pounds in 2 weeks which was weird. I'm 6' 142 pounds btw.

Alacoque72

try doing leg workouts like squats and deadlifts. and other heavy lifts like benchpresses and rows.

you're not gonna gain weight doing situps... train your large muscles on your legs and back.

and remember to eat ALOT. until you stomache stretches out. NEVER be hungry. eat good food, but eat like a pig.

ayanami_rei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 ayanami_rei
Member since 2005 • 17115 Posts
As a girl, I envy you. :PCocoMarshmellow
It's not fun being a girl with the same problem. :/ I can't gain weight at all. I eat, I get hungry 15 minutes more. I eat more meals in one sitting, AND I GET EVEN HUNGRIER IN THE NEXT 15 MINUTES Eating more does not help. It just speeds my metabolism up. It sucks. Also finding clothes and certain garments suck, too, because I don't seem to have a size anymore. What used to be my size is now too big, and my size hasn't changed at all. All my other clothes fit that are the same exact size. They're just making them bigger without changing the size number, methinks.
Pirate700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Pirate700

btw GOMAD means Gallon of (whole) Milk a day. Plus 3 good meals a day. that gives you around 5K calories... you WILL gain weight no matter what. and theres plenty of protein so you don't have to take that supplement bull. you have to deal with some bloating, and you need to train your stomach to handle that. it will literally stretch out. that's good.

Phaze-Two

A gallon of milk a day is disgusting and extremely unhealthy. Do not go on this diet TC. :|

Phaze-Two

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Phaze-Two

[QUOTE="Phaze-Two"]

[QUOTE="LightR"] I've been doing that for more than a year and I've only gained 10-15 pounds. I'm still young and growing though so must of it isn't from weight lifting. I've actually been losing weight within the past 6 months and I've been working out more...LightR

Just looked up GOMAD and I probably already drink 2-3 liters of milk a day. Not sure if the extra liter will make a difference. :P

whole milk?

and with a 2500 calorie diet on TOP of that?

LightR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 LightR
[QUOTE="Phaze-Two"]

[QUOTE="LightR"][QUOTE="Phaze-Two"]

Just looked up GOMAD and I probably already drink 2-3 liters of milk a day. Not sure if the extra liter will make a difference. :P

whole milk?

and with a 2500 calorie diet on TOP of that?

Homogenized milk. I think I get somewher between 1500-2000 calories a day on top of it.