Time to leave the UK!

• 120 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Scarker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Scarker
Member since 2008 • 1433 Posts

Source.

"In the Queen's speech this autumn Gordon Brown's government will announce a scheme to institute a database of every telephone call, email, and act of online usage by every resident of the UK..."

Depressingly refreshing that the US ain't the only screwed up country, but I live in Canada so ha!

Avatar image for deactivated-5901ac91d8e33
deactivated-5901ac91d8e33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 deactivated-5901ac91d8e33
Member since 2004 • 17092 Posts
If you don't agree with this, you're a traitor to the crown...nuff said.
Montaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Montaya
Member since 2005 • 4269 Posts

If you don't agree with this, you're a traitor to the crown...nuff said.jointed

Pretty much.

duxup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 duxup
Member since 2002 • 43443 Posts
The UK has been ahead of the states on messing up personal freedoms for quite a while.
Samwel_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Samwel_X
Member since 2006 • 13765 Posts
Surely that is against our personal freedoms. If that law gets passed, I imagine there will (or should) be an uproar followed by a riot that brings down the entire government.
Avatar image for super_mario_128
super_mario_128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 super_mario_128
Member since 2006 • 23884 Posts

I'm Welsh and all Celts hate the Royal Family apparently, so I'm completely against it! :x

Theokhoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Theokhoth
Member since 2008 • 36799 Posts
It's a shame, because the UK is such a beautiful place, in more than one way. Perhaps if they cleaned up their liberties. . . . .
-Katsuri-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#8 -Katsuri-
Member since 2008 • 61883 Posts

[QUOTE="jointed"]If you don't agree with this, you're a traitor to the crown...nuff said.Montaya

Pretty much.

Eh, what can I do?
cjek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 cjek
Member since 2003 • 14327 Posts
Time to overthrow the government then...
Makemap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 Makemap
Member since 2007 • 3755 Posts
Huh? If they start making a wall, i'm completely against it.
Makemap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Makemap
[QUOTE="Montaya"]

[QUOTE="jointed"]If you don't agree with this, you're a traitor to the crown...nuff said.-Katsuri-

Pretty much.

Eh, what can I do?

Leave.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 deactivated-5901ac91d8e33
[QUOTE="-Katsuri-"][QUOTE="Montaya"]

[QUOTE="jointed"]If you don't agree with this, you're a traitor to the crown...nuff said.Makemap

Pretty much.

Eh, what can I do?

Leave.

That'll make her a traitor, no better than the colonials.

rb2610

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 rb2610
Member since 2007 • 3325 Posts
That's ridiculous, I have a friend who often does things like downloading movies and PSP games :? (yeah, I told him not to :roll: ) I bet he will be pleased that he just moved to Spain.
Montaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Montaya
Member since 2005 • 4269 Posts

Surely that is against our personal freedoms. If that law gets passed, I imagine there will (or should) be an uproar followed by a riot that brings down the entire government.Samwel_X

Personal freedoms is a thing of the past, some things must be given up for the safety of their country and the people within. Its an inevitable occurrence and its best if people just accept it. I think its a great idea to recognize threats and prevent them.

Engrish_Major

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Engrish_Major
Member since 2007 • 17373 Posts
Hmm. Ever seen Children of Men? We are on that path for sure.
Nex_Rex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Nex_Rex
Member since 2008 • 341 Posts
It will take millions of man hours to go through all that information, they are just creating new jobs :D
But jokes aside it really, really sucks...
ciaxhieu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 ciaxhieu
Member since 2005 • 19014 Posts

Hmm. Ever seen Children of Men? We are on that path for sure.Engrish_Major

omg that would suxoh

TheKonspiracy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 TheKonspiracy
Member since 2008 • 1670 Posts
who cares? the queen's an aligator anyway >.>

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 deactivated-5901ac91d8e33

Hmm. Ever seen Children of Men? We are on that path for sure.Engrish_Major

Children of Men as in Britain being the only civilized country left on earth? Yes....rather. :3

Avatar image for 194197844077667059316682358889

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 194197844077667059316682358889
Member since 2003 • 49173 Posts
We are not amused
Makemap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Makemap

[QUOTE="Engrish_Major"]Hmm. Ever seen Children of Men? We are on that path for sure.jointed

Children of Men as in Britain being the only civilized country left on earth? Yes....rather. :3

The world won't be like that.

Engrish_Major

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Engrish_Major
Member since 2007 • 17373 Posts

[QUOTE="Engrish_Major"]Hmm. Ever seen Children of Men? We are on that path for sure.jointed

If you'd be satisfied with that level of 'civilization'.

soren008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 soren008
Member since 2008 • 2190 Posts

I bet you went to the proms waving the union jack ... ? :|

duxup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 duxup

That is what the people in Britain are told...

middito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 middito
Member since 2003 • 955 Posts

says who?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 deactivated-5901ac91d8e33
[QUOTE="jointed"]

[QUOTE="Engrish_Major"]Hmm. Ever seen Children of Men? We are on that path for sure.duxup

You can speculate all you want, but that's the official backstory.

Lockedge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Lockedge
Member since 2002 • 16765 Posts

Source.

"In the Queen's speech this autumn Gordon Brown's government will announce a scheme to institute a database of every telephone call, email, and act of online usage by every resident of the UK..."

Depressingly refreshing that the US ain't the only screwed up country, but I live in Canada so ha!

Scarker

Ugh. Yet another country falling to the "Safety>Liberties & Freedom" way of thinking. :(

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 deactivated-5901ac91d8e33

[QUOTE="jointed"]If you don't agree with this, you're a traitor to the crown...nuff said.soren008

I bet you went to the proms waving the union jack ... ? :|

Not really. I was just joking, go sit down for a bit mate.

Samwel_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Samwel_X
Member since 2006 • 13765 Posts

Personal freedoms is a thing of the past, some things must be given up for the safety of their country and the people within. Its an inevitable occurrence and its best if people just accept it. I think its a great idea to recognize threats and prevent them.

Montaya

I wouldn't have said there were many threats to security in the UK. And more importantly, we seem to be doing fine preventing these so called "threats" now, without those measures.

duxup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 duxup
[QUOTE="duxup"][QUOTE="jointed"]

No, that is what we're told by the characters who are told by... the government.

If you watch the whole film it indicates that not everything the government is presenting is accurate.

markop2003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 markop2003
Member since 2005 • 29917 Posts
Well i was already gonna leave the country anyway, can't stand this goverment. I think i might just do what that program did when that ad company started spying on people, make the information completely useless, it's called something like phorb and visits random sites in theback ground, I'll see if this is possible with email, i think sending emails about bombs to myself should proove it's useless.
markop2003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 markop2003
Member since 2005 • 29917 Posts

[QUOTE="Samwel_X"]Surely that is against our personal freedoms. If that law gets passed, I imagine there will (or should) be an uproar followed by a riot that brings down the entire government.Montaya

we don't monitor everyone's comunication at the moment and have done fine so far

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 deactivated-5901ac91d8e33
[QUOTE="jointed"][QUOTE="duxup"][QUOTE="jointed"]

[QUOTE="Engrish_Major"]Hmm. Ever seen Children of Men? We are on that path for sure.duxup

No, that is what we're told by the characters who are told by... the government.

If you watch the whole film it indicates that not everything the government is presenting is accurate.

Well, explain the HUGE influx of refugees then. Wikipedia also states:

"The film is set in the year 2027. Due to an unexplained infertility pandemic, no human children have been born in any part of the world for more than eighteen years. The world has descended into chaos with most governments in the world collapsing, leaving the United Kingdom as one of the sole organised societies."

AirGuitarist87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#34 AirGuitarist87
Member since 2006 • 9499 Posts
This would go against the Data Protection Act, but unfortunately parliaments soveriegnty means no law is ever entrenched and so they can just do what they damn please. I can see there being a massive uproar against it though.
duxup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 duxup
[QUOTE="duxup"][QUOTE="jointed"][QUOTE="duxup"][QUOTE="jointed"]

"The film is set in the year 2027. Due to an unexplained infertility pandemic, no human children have been born in any part of the world for more than eighteen years. The world has descended into chaos with most governments in the world collapsing, leaving the United Kingdom as one of the sole organised societies."

I think you're missing the point of the film. The story is setup that way but very quickly you learn that the people in the UK aren't being told the whole truth. This is reinforced as the film goes on.

That's not saying that everything is ok outside the UK, but clearly the story they're fed by the government is not accurate.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 deactivated-5901ac91d8e33
[QUOTE="jointed"][QUOTE="duxup"][QUOTE="jointed"][QUOTE="duxup"][QUOTE="jointed"]

I think you're missing the point of the film. The story is setup that way but very quickly you learn that the people in the UK aren't being told the whole truth. This is reinforced as the film goes on.

That's not saying that everything is ok outside the UK, but clearly the story they're fed by the government is not accurate.

I'm not missing the point at all, I understand what you're trying to say but there's references to how screwed up the outside world is throughout the movie. For example, in the Bexhill ghetto you see French, American and German refugees march around with their flags held high.

But it doesn't matter since it was just meant as a joke...no big deal.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178865 Posts

[QUOTE="Samwel_X"]Surely that is against our personal freedoms. If that law gets passed, I imagine there will (or should) be an uproar followed by a riot that brings down the entire government.Montaya

Those who would give up esssential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. -- Benjamin Franklin.
peppersfan2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 peppersfan2
Member since 2007 • 1064 Posts
[QUOTE="Montaya"]

[QUOTE="Samwel_X"]Surely that is against our personal freedoms. If that law gets passed, I imagine there will (or should) be an uproar followed by a riot that brings down the entire government.LJS9502_basic

Those who would give up esssential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. -- Benjamin Franklin.

Truer words never spoken. 1984 anyone? seriousilly New Zealand looks better ever day. But the thing is that this doesn't upset me as much as the apathy that some would have towards it.

Avatar image for MetalGear_Ninty
MetalGear_Ninty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 MetalGear_Ninty
Member since 2008 • 6337 Posts

I very much doubt that this is true.

gamegadge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 gamegadge
Member since 2006 • 977 Posts
[QUOTE="Montaya"]

Samwel_X

I wouldn't have said there were many threats to security in the UK. And more importantly, we seem to be doing fine preventing these so called "threats" now, without those measures.

Yea. To be honest, stuff like this pisses me off. Why should they constantly be allowed to, affectively, spy on us? It doesn't seem right to me.

For our own safety my arse, they don't care about us, they care about themselves and keeping us under wraps. Our fear is used against us, it's very clever - but it is totally taking advantage of human nature. I think they just dont want us getting out of line, and maybe causing THEM problems.

GTA_dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 GTA_dude
Member since 2004 • 18358 Posts

Surely that is against our personal freedoms. If that law gets passed, I imagine there will (or should) be an uproar followed by a riot that brings down the entire government.Samwel_X

...then the US would come in to try and fix everything....

Cube_of_MooN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Cube_of_MooN
Member since 2005 • 9286 Posts
Well that certainly is interesting, assuming it actually happens. That is some pretty intense scrutiny on the citizens by the UK government.
Isbrealiompie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Isbrealiompie
Member since 2008 • 596 Posts
It looks like the UK will need runners to send messages to each other then
cowboymonkey21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 cowboymonkey21
Member since 2007 • 5297 Posts
Hmm, that's strange I didn't know the Queen had any power in the UK anymore. I thought the Prime Minister had the power and she was a status symbol or something.
Cube_of_MooN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Cube_of_MooN
Member since 2005 • 9286 Posts
Hmm, that's strange I didn't know the Queen had any power in the UK anymore. I thought the Prime Minister had the power and she was a status symbol or something.cowboymonkey21
I think the Queen is just announcing it.
Isbrealiompie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Isbrealiompie
Member since 2008 • 596 Posts
Isn't this a bit of a stupid move on brown's behalf seeing how bad he's doing in the polls. I bet cameron and clegg will be all over this.
wizard90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 wizard90
Member since 2007 • 1464 Posts

Hmm, that's strange I didn't know the Queen had any power in the UK anymore. I thought the Prime Minister had the power and she was a status symbol or something.cowboymonkey21

Nah shes still got alot of power and still does alot of stuff to this day,

bradleybhoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 bradleybhoy
Member since 2005 • 6501 Posts

Bummer.

*loads AK*

Let's hit the town chaps.

AirGuitarist87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#49 AirGuitarist87
Member since 2006 • 9499 Posts

She holds the rights to the Royal Ascention of Acts of Parliament, which is basically the rubber stamp at the end, but she hasn't withheld this since 1708.

gameofthering

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 gameofthering
Member since 2004 • 11286 Posts

Queen pfft! am Scottish no english!! 8)

shouldn't allow this to happen.