this is why humans ****

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for MrJesusisnthere
MrJesusisnthere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 MrJesusisnthere
Member since 2006 • 239 Posts
i know a girl who wants to buy a avalanche just to cruise around in it and to be feel empowered. what an idiot.
if you need a truck for work more power to you but if you work in a office job why do you need a big v8 truck. Goes for most people with hummers
not only is it :gm: but they are also really ugly cars
horray for proving marketing works
DeLurk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 DeLurk
Member since 2007 • 2057 Posts
So they want to buy a car...Let them

They will find out sooner or later if it was the right choice or not. And hey, not like it's your money
MrJesusisnthere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 MrJesusisnthere
So they want to buy a car...Let them

They will find out sooner or later if it was the right choice or not. And hey, not like it's your moneyDeLurk
but its stupid. she probably just drive it back from hair saloon school everyday hooray for ruining the enviroment
DeLurk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 DeLurk
[QUOTE="DeLurk"]So they want to buy a car...Let them

They will find out sooner or later if it was the right choice or not. And hey, not like it's your moneyMrJesusisnthere
but its stupid. she probably just drive it back from hair saloon school everyday hooray for ruining the enviroment

Not to mention one hell of a price for gas
MrJesusisnthere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 MrJesusisnthere
[QUOTE="MrJesusisnthere"][QUOTE="DeLurk"]So they want to buy a car...Let them

They will find out sooner or later if it was the right choice or not. And hey, not like it's your moneyDeLurk

Not to mention one hell of a price for gas

just to feel empowered where the hell is the power coming from? you want power im sure you could buy a tank cheap too
kyleali11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 kyleali11
Member since 2006 • 11820 Posts
Hey! I want to buy a Jet just to go fast.8)
bobwill1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 bobwill1
Member since 2003 • 2487 Posts
i know a girl who wants to buy a avalanche just to cruise around in it and to be feel empowered. what an idiot.
if you need a truck for work more power to you but if you work in a office job why do you need a big v8 truck. Goes for most people with hummers
MrJesusisnthere
What exactly is wrong with GM? I mean, as far as getting a vehicle that can actually do something let's compare it to the Honda Ridgeline. If you look on www.fueleconomy.gov, you will see that when comparing the Avalanche to the Ridgeline you get a 5.3L V8 310 horsepower and 335 lb-ft of torque in the Avalanche, versus a 3.5L V6 with 247 horsepower and 245 lb-ft of torque in the Ridgeline. The chevy has a much larger cabin, and a slightly larger bed, is rated to tow significantly more; and finally to add insult to injury gets about the same gas mileage. Oh, and the Avalanche can run off of E85, the Honda cannot. E85 effectively cuts petroleum consumption in half, thanks to the fact that it's a mixture of 85% alcohol, and 15% petroleum. The Avalanche with the 5.3 Liter is rated 15 in the city 20 on the highway, the Ridgeline is rated 16 in the city 21 on the highway. Finally, the average rating from real people on that same website currently lists the Avalanche as having better gas mileage than the Ridgeline. Right now the user average is 16.1 for the chevy and 13.8 for the honda. Oh, and if you want to argue durability, check out edmunds.com's longterm test on the ridgeline, one editor went camping with the vehicle and a trip down a dirt road ended up blowing out all four struts, which the dealer was going to make them pay for.

One incident that led us to question the Ridgeline's adeptness as a true truck involved its ability to withstand off-road use. Senior Consumer Advice Editor Phil Reed took the truck camping in Death Valley, California, and was disappointed with the outcome. The road to the campsite was a long, but relatively flat stretch that seemed well within the Ridgeline's capabilities. Its surface was rough washboard but certainly nothing that couldn't be handled at modest speeds by a modern truck. "I adjusted my speed to minimize vibration and eventually settled between 10 and 15 mph. I held my speed down and steered around the worst of the holes and ruts." Unfortunately, his tame driving didn't render the Ridgeline damage-free. On the return trip, Phil realized that the Ridgeline seemed to be handling a bit strange, and took it directly to the dealer. A check revealed that all four struts were blown out and needed to be replaced. According to the dealer the repair didn't qualify for warranty work, but nonetheless, Honda agreed to cover the repair as a "one-time, good-faith" gesture. Needless to say, had they not done this our faith in the Ridgeline and Honda's willingness to stand by it would not have been good.

Oh, and the the Avalanche has a better EPA Air Pollution Score than the Ridgeline.
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#8 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
but its stupid. she probably just drive it back from hair saloon school everyday hooray for ruining the enviromentMrJesusisnthere

When she runs out of gas money she will sell it. There is no trying to change stupid people. It is an impossibility.
Jumbo120788

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Jumbo120788
Member since 2004 • 14956 Posts
I like cars, specially suv when the crash.
Apenoot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#10 Apenoot
Member since 2005 • 2087 Posts

I like hummers... and tanks! But unfortunatly, you're not allowed to own a tank in the Netherlands :(

Nor do I have the cash to buy one :lol:

FlameMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 FlameMe
Member since 2006 • 1165 Posts
hmm I drive a Ford Explorer Sport with a V6, and I work in an office building :? I love my truck lol
MrJesusisnthere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 MrJesusisnthere
[QUOTE="MrJesusisnthere"]i know a girl who wants to buy a avalanche just to cruise around in it and to be feel empowered. what an idiot.
bobwill1
What exactly is wrong with GM? I mean, as far as getting a vehicle that can actually do something let's compare it to the Honda Ridgeline. If you look on www.fueleconomy.gov, you will see that when comparing the Avalanche to the Ridgeline you get a 5.3L V8 310 horsepower and 335 lb-ft of torque in the Avalanche, versus a 3.5L V6 with 247 horsepower and 245 lb-ft of torque in the Ridgeline. The chevy has a much larger cabin, and a slightly larger bed, is rated to tow significantly more; and finally to add insult to injury gets about the same gas mileage. Oh, and the Avalanche can run off of E85, the Honda cannot. E85 effectively cuts petroleum consumption in half, thanks to the fact that it's a mixture of 85% alcohol, and 15% petroleum. The Avalanche with the 5.3 Liter is rated 15 in the city 20 on the highway, the Ridgeline is rated 16 in the city 21 on the highway. Finally, the average rating from real people on that same website currently lists the Avalanche as having better gas mileage than the Ridgeline. Right now the user average is 16.1 for the chevy and 13.8 for the honda. Oh, and if you want to argue durability, check out edmunds.com's longterm test on the ridgeline, one editor went camping with the vehicle and a trip down a dirt road ended up blowing out all four struts, which the dealer was going to make them pay for.

One incident that led us to question the Ridgeline's adeptness as a true truck involved its ability to withstand off-road use. Senior Consumer Advice Editor Phil Reed took the truck camping in Death Valley, California, and was disappointed with the outcome. The road to the campsite was a long, but relatively flat stretch that seemed well within the Ridgeline's capabilities. Its surface was rough washboard but certainly nothing that couldn't be handled at modest speeds by a modern truck. "I adjusted my speed to minimize vibration and eventually settled between 10 and 15 mph. I held my speed down and steered around the worst of the holes and ruts." Unfortunately, his tame driving didn't render the Ridgeline damage-free. On the return trip, Phil realized that the Ridgeline seemed to be handling a bit strange, and took it directly to the dealer. A check revealed that all four struts were blown out and needed to be replaced. According to the dealer the repair didn't qualify for warranty work, but nonetheless, Honda agreed to cover the repair as a "one-time, good-faith" gesture. Needless to say, had they not done this our faith in the Ridgeline and Honda's willingness to stand by it would not have been good.

Oh, and the the Avalanche has a better EPA Air Pollution Score than the Ridgeline.

orly
DeLurk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 DeLurk
My uncle went out and bought a H2. Had it for a few years now. ...though needless to say, he is rich.
MrJesusisnthere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 MrJesusisnthere
[QUOTE="MrJesusisnthere"]i know a girl who wants to buy a avalanche just to cruise around in it and to be feel empowered. what an idiot.
bobwill1

when did i say a like honda foo
staindcoldlp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 staindcoldlp
Member since 2004 • 15121 Posts
I agree that humans suck, but I have entirely different reasons.
bobwill1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 bobwill1
when did i say a like honda fooMrJesusisnthere
Just picked it because large portion of the american public perceives it as the civilized truck, for suburban families that don't really need a truck, from an environmentally friendly manufacturer.
MrJesusisnthere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 MrJesusisnthere
[QUOTE="MrJesusisnthere"]when did i say a like honda foobobwill1
Just picked it because large portion of the american public perceives it as the civilized truck, for suburban families that don't really need a truck, from an environmentally friendly manufacturer.

she doesnt need a fing big pick up truck she could do with a sunfire or a pontiac g5 just because they are a environmentally friendly manufacturer doesnt mean some of their vehicless are more enviormentally friendly over some she picks a big suv/truck crossover just to feel empowered
if i want power in a car id buy a corvette or even a 911 but a truck with cheap plastic and cant even do 100 mph its pathetic
MrJesusisnthere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 MrJesusisnthere
hmm I drive a Ford Explorer Sport with a V6, and I work in an office building :? I love my truck lolFlameMe
typical american
andyxm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 andyxm
Member since 2006 • 6194 Posts
I think someones jealous :roll:
andyxm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 andyxm
btw, i dont drive an SUV i have a corrola 8) but my prents let me borrow the Camry Hybrid sometimes:P Im savin the planet all on my own.
dewman322

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 dewman322
Member since 2005 • 579 Posts
btw, i dont drive an SUV i have a corrola 8) but my prents let me borrow the Camry Hybrid sometimes:P Im savin the planet all on my own.andyxm
I also own a corolla 2007. I love it and it gets great gas mileage. The only thing, when the wind picks up it pushes me around all over the road. Another thing that annoys me about large vehicles is when im sitting at a stop sign or light. Theyll pull up beside me, often times past the white line, I then have to pull up practically into the middle of the road just to see if a car is coming because they are blocking everything.
kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 kitty  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 115430 Posts
let them buy what they want
andyxm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 andyxm
[QUOTE="andyxm"]btw, i dont drive an SUV i have a corrola 8) but my prents let me borrow the Camry Hybrid sometimes:P Im savin the planet all on my own.dewman322
I also own a corolla 2007. I love it and it gets great gas mileage. The only thing, when the wind picks up it pushes me around all over the road. Another thing that annoys me about large vehicles is when im sitting at a stop sign or light. Theyll pull up beside me, often times past the white line, I then have to pull up practically into the middle of the road just to see if a car is coming because they are blocking everything.

:lol: all that stuff happens to me too. but i guess thats the price you pay for good gas milage.
Doomlike_Mitc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Doomlike_Mitc
Member since 2006 • 4912 Posts
I guess they do, anyway, we shouldnt even be mentioning the people who fly with privat jets around whole day, the spoiled b*tches who dont work and are uber-rich... ah well... you just have to take it I guess... the world is not fair, shamelly. 
bobwill1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 bobwill1
[QUOTE="dewman322"][QUOTE="andyxm"]btw, i dont drive an SUV i have a corrola 8) but my prents let me borrow the Camry Hybrid sometimes:P Im savin the planet all on my own.andyxm

:lol: all that stuff happens to me too. but i guess thats the price you pay for good gas milage.

Kinda makes you wish that there was a law about crossing the stop line at intersections, oh wait, there is the police just don't care about most moving violations anymore. Well, there's only like 56,000 traffic fatalities a year in the US, nothing to be concerned with, right.:roll:
gameboi_92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 gameboi_92
Member since 2007 • 4613 Posts
My dad bought an SUV and leaves the aghast on all night to ruin the enviroment :twisted: hehe, its so evil :twisted:
branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#27 branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts
Hooray for money! Hooray toxic emissions! Hooray Beer!