There Will be Blood.

• 64 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

MotherSuperior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 MotherSuperior
Member since 2003 • 3745 Posts

I just watched this movies and thoroughly enjoyed it. It had some very good acting and funny lines especially the last scene.

I drink your milkshake!

Did you like this film?

fat_rob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 fat_rob
Member since 2003 • 22624 Posts
it was good, but that milkshake thing was just...odd
Samwel_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Samwel_X
Member since 2006 • 13765 Posts
Best film of last year, and possibly the best of the last 5 years. It will become a classic in time.
MotherSuperior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 MotherSuperior
Member since 2003 • 3745 Posts

it was good, but that milkshake thing was just...oddfat_rob

That's what made it so funny. Plainview was clearly drunk out of his mind. And then he beat that kid down with a bowling pin. Classic stuff.

teh_destroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5 teh_destroyer
Member since 2004 • 35328 Posts
Daniel Day-Lewis never fails to deliver an amazing performance.
Shad0ki11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Shad0ki11
Member since 2006 • 12576 Posts

Only one of the actors did a good job.

I felt the movie was unimpressive overall.

Rikardur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Rikardur
Member since 2008 • 9290 Posts
Funny, while i was watching it, I got pretty bored and thought the movie was going on forever. But after being done with it, when I look back it was a very good movie :?
Clampdown79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Clampdown79
Member since 2008 • 943 Posts

Absolutely amazing film. I was pretty annoyed when I watched it with some of my friends. "This is boring. There isn't even any blood in this movie. When does the action come in?" Idiots. :x

web966

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#9 web966
Member since 2005 • 11654 Posts
Great movie, Daniel Day-Lewis is amazing.
yakk_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 yakk_3
Member since 2005 • 1442 Posts

Absolutely amazing film. I was pretty annoyed when I watched it with some of my friends. "This is boring. There isn't even any blood in this movie. When does the action come in?" Idiots. :x

Clampdown79
I know some people who went to see it, and they complained about how it was super boring because the title was misleading and they were expecting a bloody western. Needless to say, I felt the same way you do about some of your friends who found it boring.
sammyjenkis898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 sammyjenkis898
Member since 2007 • 28392 Posts
I was disappointed with this movie. I never was a fan of Paul Thomas Anderson though. Of course Daniel Day Lewis was incredible.
btaylor2404

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#12 btaylor2404
Member since 2003 • 11353 Posts
I chose No Country for Old Men and was truly dissapointed by it. Will watch There Will be Blood in the next night or two.
LoG-Sacrament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#13 LoG-Sacrament
Member since 2006 • 20397 Posts
its my favorite movie. every scene with lewis and dano in it is amazing.
Big_Bad_Sad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Big_Bad_Sad
Member since 2005 • 18243 Posts
I didnt like it.
Clampdown79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Clampdown79
[QUOTE="Clampdown79"]

yakk_3

I know some people who went to see it, and they complained about how it was super boring because the title was misleading and they were expecting a bloody western. Needless to say, I felt the same way you do about some of your friends who found it boring.

Yeah dude,why do so many people these days have such a short attention span? It's like they can't keep focus on a movie without constant sex, violence, and explosions. Its the main reason I don't like watching movies with my friends anymore.

MedicMike66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 MedicMike66
Member since 2007 • 886 Posts

Clampdown79

You need new friends.

Amazing film all around.

Plainview's baptism is one of my favorite scenes off all-time.

Redgarl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#17 Redgarl
Member since 2002 • 13252 Posts

Best film of last year, and possibly the best of the last 5 years. It will become a classic in time.Samwel_X
WTH???!!! I can name you more than 10 movies better than it that was released in the last 5 years...

Babel,

Diary of The Dead,

Episode 3,

Mountain Patrol (OMG... you need to see this!),

Tak Guk Gi (Saving Private Ryan... ahahahahahha)

Persepolis (This should have won the oscar... the best movie in decades...)

Paprika (Wow... I love Satoshi Kon and Susumu Hirasawa... they represent the best of japan)

Tekkon Kinkreet (Another contender for the animation Oscar of this year with Persepolis)

Lost in Translation

Byousoku 5 centimeter ~a chain of short stories about their distance~

Clampdown79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Clampdown79

[QUOTE="Samwel_X"]Best film of last year, and possibly the best of the last 5 years. It will become a classic in time.Redgarl

WTH???!!! I can name you more than 10 movies better than it that was released in the last 5 years...

Babel,

Diary of The Dead,

Episode 3,

Paprika (Wow... I love Satoshi Kon and Susumu Hirasawa... they represent the best of japan)

Tekkon Kinkreet (Another contender for the animation Oscar of this year with Persepolis)

Lost in Translation

Diary of the Dead, Episode 3, and Babel are not better than There will Be Blood. Not even close.

MedicMike66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 MedicMike66

[QUOTE="Samwel_X"]Best film of last year, and possibly the best of the last 5 years. It will become a classic in time.Redgarl

Babel,

Diary of The Dead,

Episode 3,

Lost in Translation

Babel had a lot going for itself, but other films have dealt much better with its themes.

Diary of the Dead is further proof that Romero is a one trick pony and was lucky to make a few good films.

Redgarl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Redgarl
[QUOTE="Redgarl"]

[QUOTE="Samwel_X"]Best film of last year, and possibly the best of the last 5 years. It will become a classic in time.Clampdown79

Babel,

Diary of The Dead,

Episode 3,

Lost in Translation

Diary of the Dead, Episode 3, and Babel are not better than There will Be Blood. Not even close.

There will be blood was a snoozefest. The big history of oil in america... cut the final scene and the movie is nothing. 10 minutes doesn't make a movie... same for the crap that is No country for Old Man.
Grouchu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Grouchu
Member since 2003 • 7118 Posts
Daniel Day-Lewis never fails to deliver an amazing performance.teh_destroyer
Quoted for truth.
MedicMike66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 MedicMike66
[QUOTE="Clampdown79"][QUOTE="Redgarl"]

Babel,

Diary of The Dead,

Episode 3,

Lost in Translation

There will be blood was a snoozefest. The big history of oil in america... cut the final scene and the movie is nothing. 10 minutes doesn't make a movie... same for the crap that is No country for Old Man.

You're completely irrelevant to any conversation concerning cinema. Go watch Disaster Movie, if you're parents will drive you.

Clampdown79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Clampdown79
[QUOTE="Clampdown79"][QUOTE="Redgarl"]

Babel,

Diary of The Dead,

Episode 3,

Lost in Translation

You should watch both those movies again and actually pay attention. Telling from what you thought There Will Be Blood was about. You obviously didn't.

Redgarl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Redgarl
[QUOTE="Redgarl"]

[QUOTE="Samwel_X"]Best film of last year, and possibly the best of the last 5 years. It will become a classic in time.MedicMike66

Babel,

Diary of The Dead,

Episode 3,

Lost in Translation

Babel had a lot going for itself, but other films have dealt much better with its themes.

Diary of the Dead is further proof that Romero is a one trick pony and was lucky to make a few good films.

Babel was intense because of the Japanaese girl living in her world. Pain bring you somewhere where everyone meet each others. I know what it is to live in our own little world... but you don,t have a clue so you didn't notice the greatness of her acting...

Romero is the guy who invented modern horror movies with Dario Argento. He lost all his copyright because of hollywood. So the remake of Dawn of the Dead isn't his choice... the same with Day of the Dead 2. You don't know a damn about him it seems. Diary of the dead was easily the best horror movie I have seen in 10 years.

Yeah, a random director...

Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead, Day of The Dead and Diary of the dead... All these movies are not ****c... :roll:

The only bad movie from Romero IMO is Land of the damn... a **** Hollywood slaughter...

If it wasn't for Hollywood, this director would have been on the same level as Francis Ford Copolla.

thisguy51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 thisguy51
Member since 2006 • 5319 Posts
[QUOTE="Redgarl"][QUOTE="Clampdown79"][QUOTE="Redgarl"]

[QUOTE="Samwel_X"]Best film of last year, and possibly the best of the last 5 years. It will become a classic in time.MedicMike66

Babel,

Diary of The Dead,

Episode 3,

Lost in Translation

You're completely irrelevant to any conversation concerning cinema. Go watch Disaster Movie, if you're parents will drive you.

:lol: Burn. Daniel Day Lewis is an acting god. The cinemetagrophy was gorgeous as well.

MedicMike66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 MedicMike66
[QUOTE="MedicMike66"][QUOTE="Redgarl"]

Babel,

Diary of The Dead,

Episode 3,

Lost in Translation

Babel was intense because of the Japanaese girl living in her world. Pain bring you somewhere where everyone meet each others. I know what it is to live in our own little world... but you don,t have a clue so you didn't notice the greatness of her acting...

Romero is the guy who invented modern horror movies with Dario Argento. He lost all his copyright because of hollywood. So the remake of Dawn of the Dead isn't his choice... the same with Day of the Dead 2. You don't know a damn about him it seems. Diary of the dead was easily the best horror movie I have seen in 10 years.

Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead, Day of The Dead and Diary of the dead... All these movies are not ****c... :roll:

The only bad movie from Romero IMO is Land of the damn... a **** Hollywood slaughter...

If it wasn't for Hollywood, this director would have been on the same level as Francis Ford Copolla.

Night and Dawn are his only achievements, and Day, while I understand its cult status, is complete crap. Romero's "social commentary" on Night and Dawn happened by complete accidient, and something he later took credit for.

Clampdown79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Clampdown79
[QUOTE="MedicMike66"][QUOTE="Redgarl"]

Babel,

Diary of The Dead,

Episode 3,

Lost in Translation

Have you ever seen "Pusher"?

Redgarl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Redgarl
[QUOTE="Redgarl"][QUOTE="Clampdown79"][QUOTE="Redgarl"]

[QUOTE="Samwel_X"]Best film of last year, and possibly the best of the last 5 years. It will become a classic in time.Clampdown79

Babel,

Diary of The Dead,

Episode 3,

Lost in Translation

You should watch both those movies again and actually pay attention. Telling from what you thought There Will Be Blood was about. You obviously didn't.

And what it was about if you are so sure of you? Lying? Self interest? Love? Oil? no... it was I drink your milshake! The only thing that peoples say about the movie is exactly the 10 last minutes. I love the actors, but the movie sux. Americans directors don't know what to do these days. Except for a few minority, the whole american movie industry is in slow motion.

I am into Asian cinema for now... and we are missing some of the best movies in thw world...

Xiu Xiu The sent Down Girl... ouch... that was better than most american movies I have seen since 1990.

Mountain Patrol and Xiu Xiu are 2 chinese movies.

A_Tarkovsky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 A_Tarkovsky
Member since 2008 • 2929 Posts

Only one of the actors did a good job.

I felt the movie was unimpressive overall.

Shad0ki11
Not even Paul Dano? :(
A_Tarkovsky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 A_Tarkovsky
[QUOTE="Clampdown79"][QUOTE="Redgarl"][QUOTE="Clampdown79"][QUOTE="Redgarl"]

Babel,

Diary of The Dead,

Episode 3,

Lost in Translation

And what it was about if you are so sure of you? Lying? Self interest? Love? Oil? no... it was I drink your milshake! The only thing that peoples say about the movie is exactly the 10 last minutes. I love the actors, but the movie sux. Americans directors don't know what to do these days. Except for a few minority, the whole american movie industry is in slow motion.

I am into Asian cinema for now... and we are missing some of the best movies in thw world...

Xiu Xiu The sent Down Girl... ouch... that was better than most american movies I have seen since 1990.

First, you fail to deliver any sort of credible argument. Secondly, you go on a tangent about how Asian cinema is superior to American cinema. I'm a fan of Asian films myself, but I know full well that the American film industry is as good as it was two decades ago, and There Will Be Blood is a shining example of contemporary American work. If you're going to say something as black & white as "the movie sux" you better give us some reasons other than how people quote the final scene so much.

By the way, I like Babel, but the comparison isn't even close. Babel has some great performances and direction, but its hindered by a problematic script. There Will Be Blood has no such issue.

Clampdown79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Clampdown79
[QUOTE="Clampdown79"][QUOTE="Redgarl"][QUOTE="Clampdown79"][QUOTE="Redgarl"]

Babel,

Diary of The Dead,

Episode 3,

Lost in Translation

To me... It was about how Daniel's ambition and greed eventually hurt himself and everyone close to him. I could see you didn't put much thought into the movie if you interpreted it as "The big history of oil in America".

Redgarl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Redgarl
[QUOTE="Redgarl"][QUOTE="MedicMike66"][QUOTE="Redgarl"]

Babel,

Diary of The Dead,

Episode 3,

Lost in Translation

Night and Dawn are his only achievements, and Day, while I understand its cult status, is complete crap. Romero's "social commentary" on Night and Dawn happened by complete accidient, and something he later took credit for.

?! Romero always... ALWAYS pass a message about society in his movies. If you are too stupid to see them, it's your problem. Diary of the dead was a complain about modern society culture of myspace, youtube and all that social crap that you can think about. All his movie got a message. Check all his interviews, he always state about Night and the segregation. My friend is a real fan. I don't every of his messages of every films, but there is and he showed them to me. I can't remember everything that i have heard in the last 7 years, but if you don't believe me, just go check it out.

Wikipedia is your friend!

scorch-62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 scorch-62
Member since 2006 • 29763 Posts

I drink your milkshake! MotherSuperior

DRAAAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGEEEEEEEE!!!!

I loved this movie.

Redgarl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Redgarl
[QUOTE="Redgarl"][QUOTE="Clampdown79"][QUOTE="Redgarl"][QUOTE="Clampdown79"][QUOTE="Redgarl"]

Babel,

Diary of The Dead,

Episode 3,

Lost in Translation

To me... It was about how Daniel's ambition and greed eventually hurt himself and everyone close to him. I could see you didn't put much thought into the movie if you interpreted it as "The big history of oil in America".

So you are blind...
A_Tarkovsky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 A_Tarkovsky

Day, while I understand its cult status, is complete crap.

MedicMike66

:(

I think it's every bit the masterpiece his first two films were, if not more so from a strictly thematic viewpoint.

A_Tarkovsky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 A_Tarkovsky
[QUOTE="Clampdown79"][QUOTE="Redgarl"][QUOTE="Clampdown79"][QUOTE="Redgarl"][QUOTE="Clampdown79"][QUOTE="Redgarl"]

Babel,

Diary of The Dead,

Episode 3,

Lost in Translation

So you are blind...

:|

That doesn't even qualify as a comeback.

Redgarl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Redgarl

[QUOTE="MotherSuperior"]I drink your milkshake! scorch-62

I loved this movie.

See! Everyone???! You seen!!! Before spitting on my observation like I am a piece of trash without any spark of intelligence, just look at what peoples say about the movie...

A_Tarkovsky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 A_Tarkovsky
[QUOTE="scorch-62"]

[QUOTE="MotherSuperior"]I drink your milkshake! Redgarl

I loved this movie.

See! Everyone???! You seen!!! Before spitting on my observation like I am a piece of trash without any spark of intelligence, just look at what peoples say about the movie...

That's nice.

Still waiting for that argument, but I probably won't get it seeing as I'm going to see Mongol in a minute.

Clampdown79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Clampdown79
[QUOTE="Clampdown79"][QUOTE="Redgarl"][QUOTE="Clampdown79"][QUOTE="Redgarl"][QUOTE="Clampdown79"][QUOTE="Redgarl"]

Babel,

Diary of The Dead,

Episode 3,

Lost in Translation

So you are blind...

And do I have to choose from your narrow list of meanings? No. The film is up to my interpretation. If you can't see that. You're the blind one.

Avatar image for DerkaDerkaJihad
DerkaDerkaJihad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 DerkaDerkaJihad
Member since 2007 • 873 Posts
Meh, I tried watching the movie a while back and I just couldn't get into it. I'm going to try it out again since everyone is still raving about it.
Redgarl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Redgarl
[QUOTE="Redgarl"][QUOTE="Clampdown79"][QUOTE="Redgarl"][QUOTE="Clampdown79"][QUOTE="Redgarl"][QUOTE="Clampdown79"][QUOTE="Redgarl"]

[QUOTE="Samwel_X"]Best film of last year, and possibly the best of the last 5 years. It will become a classic in time.A_Tarkovsky

Babel,

Diary of The Dead,

Episode 3,

Lost in Translation

So you are blind...

:|

That doesn't even qualify as a comeback.

Self interest... greed... lying... for his own sake...

TO HIS **** KID, FROM HIS **** FALSE BROTHER' FOR HIS **** SELF INTEREST...

You... You... didn't say something that deserve any comeback... and you didn't read my comment.

I can put some smiley to...:D:):(:oops::o:shock::?8):lol::x:P:cry::evil::twisted::roll:;):!:question::idea::arrow::|

scorch-62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 scorch-62
Member since 2006 • 29763 Posts
[QUOTE="scorch-62"][QUOTE="MotherSuperior"]I drink your milkshake! Redgarl

I loved this movie.

Have you even seen the movie? Or read what I quoted?

"DRAINAGE" was a continuation of the "I drink you milkshake" scene at the end of the movie. Because I'm not really going to take the time to write a three page report on why this movie is great and the flaws with what the main character (forgot his name :x) did, I simply stated that I loved it and moved on with my life. Please STFU and don't pull me into your silly little arguments.

Redgarl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Redgarl
[QUOTE="Redgarl"][QUOTE="Clampdown79"][QUOTE="Redgarl"][QUOTE="Clampdown79"][QUOTE="Redgarl"][QUOTE="Clampdown79"][QUOTE="Redgarl"]

Babel,

Diary of The Dead,

Episode 3,

Lost in Translation

So you are blind...

And do I have to choose from your narrow list of meanings? No. The film is up to my interpretation. If you can't see that. You're the blind one.

You told me that I didn't see the whole point of the movie... but I told you everything you told me a post BEFORE... you did.

I have simply change the font size to make you understand and I told you you were blind... not to say stupid... because you jumped on me like an enraged cat. Enough of this, this is getting no where.

I told you the movie wasn't great because of it's content and you told it was because of... it... Something is illogical here... Yeah, it must be you.

Clampdown79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Clampdown79
[QUOTE="Clampdown79"][QUOTE="Redgarl"][QUOTE="Clampdown79"][QUOTE="Redgarl"][QUOTE="Clampdown79"][QUOTE="Redgarl"][QUOTE="Clampdown79"][QUOTE="Redgarl"]

Babel,

Diary of The Dead,

Episode 3,

Lost in Translation

So you are blind...

You told me that I didn't see the whole point of the movie... but I told you everything you told me a post BEFORE... you did.

I have simply change the font size to make you understand and I told you you were blind... not to say stupid... because you jumped on me like an enraged cat. Enough of this, this is getting no where.

I told you the movie wasn't great because of it's content and you told it was because of... it... Something is illogical here... Yeah, it must be you.

Like an enraged cat huh? You're swearing, and putting random capital letters everywhere dude. I stayed calm. :)

Redgarl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Redgarl
[QUOTE="Redgarl"][QUOTE="scorch-62"]

[QUOTE="MotherSuperior"]I drink your milkshake! A_Tarkovsky

I loved this movie.

That's nice.

Still waiting for that argument, but I probably won't get it seeing as I'm going to see Mongol in a minute.

My whole point from the begginning of the thread was that 10 minutes of greatness doesn't make a movie a classic. It doesn't deserve all the praise it got. The only that peoples are remembering is... I DRINK YOUR MILSHAKE...

"Hey man, it was cool, Daniel kills the bastard with the pin LOL"

Before telling me that I didn't prove my point, you should also understand that you didn't prove me wrong. Good Bye mister obvious.

Avatar image for crazydiamond343
crazydiamond343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 crazydiamond343
Member since 2007 • 163 Posts

When I was watching it I thought it was good, but not great, but as soon as I left the theater and started thinking about it I realized how great the movie is. I think the best thing to compare it to is actually Citizen Kane in terms of what its about, which, in my opinion, is rise of a major oil tycoon that is eventually corrupted by money and power to the point where he isn't even happy anymore and alienates everyone around him.

Granted, it doesn't use a lot of the techniques that Citizen Kane is known and revered for such as telling the story through flashbacks and various other filming/camera techniques that made it revolutionary at the time. I think that Daniel Day-Lewis easily deserved the Oscar for best actor as I feel that he did a really good job throughout the film (as he usually does with his roles).

Sam_Lowery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Sam_Lowery
Member since 2006 • 1110 Posts

I didn't like it. It was too slow and drawn out. They could have had a lot more interplay between the oil man and the preacher. Sub plot lines like the man who gave the oil man the big tip about the land, and the oil man's brother could have been more cohesive and used to really strengthen the plot instead of just cluttering things. The whole plot structure seemed more like a book than a movie.

Rockclmbr6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Rockclmbr6
Member since 2004 • 3232 Posts
Loved TTWB. Only reason I don't own it on DVD is because the DVD case is a piece of cardboard crap.

legend26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 legend26
Member since 2007 • 16010 Posts

i think its a bit over rated, amazing actors but other then that i couldnt like enything else, it was to borring for me (AND dont go saying i have a short attention span, i understand everything) it diddnt do it for me, again as other people have said the only amazing part was the end

no country for old men completly destroys it imo

JackMcSexbeard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 JackMcSexbeard
Member since 2006 • 2381 Posts
[QUOTE="Clampdown79"][QUOTE="Redgarl"][QUOTE="Clampdown79"][QUOTE="Redgarl"][QUOTE="Clampdown79"][QUOTE="Redgarl"][QUOTE="Clampdown79"][QUOTE="Redgarl"]

Babel,

Diary of The Dead,

Episode 3,

Lost in Translation

So you are blind...

Well I also feel that There will be Blood is alittle overrated but like it or not it is still deserving of much of its praise from the technical aspect of the filmmaking itself and the steller performance given by DDL. You seem to think that the film only recieves its praise because of its ending, well besides the fact I didnt care for the ending but still enjoyed the film there is the fact that saying an over two hour film garnered its praise because of an over the top 10 minute ending is simply ridiculous. The film is understandably boring to some (thats not an insult to ones intelliagence despite the fact you have no problem insulting other who dont agree with you), the film pushes contemporary American filmmaking forward, it took risks with a dialouge free opening and an unusual soundtrack but to say this film sucks without really adressing why other than "its boring" or "people only like the last ten minutes" is silly. You may have found it slow and at times I did also but the film is shot with such skill and is full of so many effective scenes. I dont pretend to understand everything about the film as its been awhile since ive seen it but I do know its a film of coinsiderable merit and no, people dont just like for the end.

You seem to say that Asian filmmaking is ahead of American filmmaking but I feel tats only because you yourself, in some way are just a fan of Asian culture and anime rather than for any technical or commercial reasonings and is based only off of your own preferences. The only country I could agree with is perhaps South Korea but I admit I still need to watch more films. So while you certainly seem extremly excited to aggresivly defend your opinion I doubt very many people will agree in any way with it.