The Official Super Bowl XLI Thread.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

-911-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#101 -911-
Member since 2006 • 6177 Posts
I'll be rooting for the Bears, I'm just glad the Patriots didn't make it, I can live without another Yankees.
cheetah_TM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102 cheetah_TM
Member since 2003 • 7053 Posts
Omg I missed the entire season this year..I'm so out of it.
And Go COLTS..I've always liked them, but they always lost to the Patriots..so I hope they win.
Laserwolf65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#103 Laserwolf65
Member since 2003 • 6701 Posts
people actually watch the game? i thought they watched for the commercials... (i personally never watch it anyway...)
-911-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 -911-
Member since 2006 • 6177 Posts
people actually watch the game? i thought they watched for the commercials... (i personally never watch it anyway...)Laserwolf65
*Remembers Clydesdale Horses Playing Football*
DouglasBuffone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#105 DouglasBuffone
Member since 2004 • 9421 Posts
i hope the colts win
dodgerblue13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#106 dodgerblue13
Member since 2004 • 20846 Posts
people actually watch the game? i thought they watched for the commercials... (i personally never watch it anyway...)Laserwolf65
Next Sunday is one of the most important times of year. Next to March Madness, of course.
Timesplitt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 Timesplitt
Member since 2004 • 367 Posts
lol this superbowl looks to be one of the greatest unknowns ever

50%/50%
duh555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#108 duh555
Member since 2006 • 864 Posts
those superbowl commercials are gonna be freakin hilarious..o and about the game, go Indianapolis!!
Avatar image for sfgiantsfan8291
sfgiantsfan8291

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 sfgiantsfan8291
Member since 2005 • 12011 Posts
Bears FTW!!!
peytonman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 peytonman
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
domainsnext.com yup its gonna be a peyton manning light show...6 Td passes and he'll beat steve youngs record
double_decker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#111 double_decker
Member since 2006 • 146090 Posts

domainsnext.com yup its gonna be a peyton manning light show...6 Td passes and he'll beat steve youngs recordpeytonman

Peyton is a better passer than Steve Young is, I will give him that, but he doesn't have a receiver nearly as good as Rice was when he did that, so odds are he won't get more than 3 or 4 TD passes, but against the defense as good as the Bears are this year.... he'll be lucky to get 2, they will have better luck if they pound the defense hard early in the game and wear them down, with a couple of deep passes in odd situations to keep them honest and maybe get some big plays

pyro185

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#112 pyro185
Member since 2005 • 1129 Posts

the chicago bears will completly dominate XLI

Carlos_Santana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 Carlos_Santana
Member since 2006 • 4316 Posts
ow, the poll has 151 voters, and the Bears are winning by one point...
alexkir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 alexkir
Member since 2006 • 85 Posts
The Colts
chisoxrule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 chisoxrule
Member since 2005 • 2096 Posts
Da Bears!!! 24-14.
Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 Renegade_Fury
Member since 2003 • 21703 Posts
[QUOTE="peytonman"]domainsnext.com yup its gonna be a peyton manning light show...6 Td passes and he'll beat steve youngs record

Uh no. Jerry Rice>>>>Marvin Harrison in case you forgot. Also the niners at the time were the #1 offense and #1 defense and are considered one of the greatest SB teams of all time. This game is going to depend a lot on defense, and I think Manning will get around 2 tds. That said, I think the Colts are going to win.
DarkPrinceXC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 DarkPrinceXC
Member since 2003 • 5921 Posts

[QUOTE="peytonman"]domainsnext.com yup its gonna be a peyton manning light show...6 Td passes and he'll beat steve youngs recorddouble_decker

Peyton is a better passer than Steve Young is, I will give him that, but he doesn't have a receiver nearly as good as Rice was when he did that, so odds are he won't get more than 3 or 4 TD passes, but against the defense as good as the Bears are this year.... he'll be lucky to get 2, they will have better luck if they pound the defense hard early in the game and wear them down, with a couple of deep passes in odd situations to keep them honest and maybe get some big plays

Steve Young doesn't play anymore. Steve Young / John Elway >>>>>>>>> Peyton Manning. He's not going to break any records. But you know what he will do? CHOKE, like he does every year in the playoffs.
guthwulf_de

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 guthwulf_de
Member since 2004 • 13209 Posts
This thread is like System Wars without... the systems. :P I don't support a team, I just hope it'll be an entertaining game.
Avatar image for DemonX_portugal
DemonX_portugal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#119 DemonX_portugal
Member since 2004 • 6030 Posts

COLTS because i have a friend on xbl that is a colt fan xD

i don't even see this kinda of sport out here

Hobbies230

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#120 Hobbies230
Member since 2005 • 1025 Posts
Go Bears.
TheHimura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 TheHimura
Member since 2005 • 9297 Posts
Colts. And I just evened the poll out. :)
xtermin8er93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#122 xtermin8er93
Member since 2007 • 223 Posts
Da Coltz wil win. Nuf sed.
kdizzle815

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 kdizzle815
Member since 2004 • 2572 Posts
Here is the gameplan. Run the ball down the colts throats with benson and jones. No way in hell will they be able to stop the run game. I dont care what their D has done in the playoffs. They haven't meet the Bears O-line yet. Grossman just has to stay calm and not make mistakes. If there isn't anyone open just throw it away or take the sack. No turnovers equals another superbowl shuffle in Chi-Town
Smakkjoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#124 Smakkjoo
Member since 2006 • 1801 Posts
Colts > Bears Peyton is going to Pull a 60 yard pass into the touchdown zone making the game 35-22 Or something like that
Private_Adam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#125 Private_Adam
Member since 2005 • 9864 Posts
I want the bears to win :D
double_decker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 double_decker

Steve Young doesn't play anymore. Steve Young / John Elway >>>>>>>>> Peyton Manning. He's not going to break any records. But you know what he will do? CHOKE, like he does every year in the playoffs.DarkPrinceXC

Well thank you Captain Obvious :shock: I know Steve Young doesn't play anymore, sure Peyton Manning has choked during the playoffs before, anyone who knows football at all knows that. Also anyone who has watched football at all this year know that Grossman sucks bad overall as a quarterback. Sure he has had one or two good games against bad teams, but having two games with a passer rating under 2% shows how bad you really are. And even in his last game, he didn't play well either, he had one good pass that accounted for alot of his yards. The Bears have great Defense and Special teams, their offense is sporadic at best. Tony Dungee is a brilliant coach and hopefully he finds a way to wear down the defense and keep the ball out of the special teams hannds because I personally think the Bears are a sub par team this year to be in the Super Bowl. Sure they are good, but there are alot of teams that are better that just didn't have as good of luck as the Bears have had. I haven't been impressed by the Bears at all this year, teams have either given them games by stupid mistakes or the Bears have barely scraped out wins by last minute plays.

Avatar image for NavigatorsGhost
NavigatorsGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 NavigatorsGhost
Member since 2006 • 6483 Posts

[QUOTE="DarkPrinceXC"]

Steve Young doesn't play anymore. Steve Young / John Elway >>>>>>>>> Peyton Manning. He's not going to break any records. But you know what he will do? CHOKE, like he does every year in the playoffs.double_decker

Well thank you Captain Obvious :shock: I know Steve Young doesn't play anymore, sure Peyton Manning has choked during the playoffs before, anyone who knows football at all knows that. Also anyone who has watched football at all this year know that Grossman sucks bad overall as a quarterback. Sure he has had one or two good games against bad teams, but having two games with a passer rating under 2% shows how bad you really are. And even in his last game, he didn't play well either, he had one good pass that accounted for alot of his yards. The Bears have great Defense and Special teams, their offense is sporadic at best. Tony Dungee is a brilliant coach and hopefully he finds a way to wear down the defense and keep the ball out of the special teams hannds because I personally think the Bears are a sub par team this year to be in the Super Bowl. Sure they are good, but there are alot of teams that are better that just didn't have as good of luck as the Bears have had. I haven't been impressed by the Bears at all this year, teams have either given them games by stupid mistakes or the Bears have barely scraped out wins by last minute plays.

The Bears defense is the best conditioned unit in the NFL. They aren't going to be worn out.

How did the colts win last week? Oh yeah, they scraped out a win by scoring a touchdown within the final two minutes of the game. Winning close games is what good teams do in all sports. The only game given to them was the Arizona game. They played like crap, but Arizona couldn't put them away. You can't be putting the ball on the ground in the 4th quarter and giving up touchdowns to the defense.

You don't get to the Superbowl because of luck. The Bears are the best team in the NFC. They beat the most capable challenger to the NFC crown when they slaughtered the Saints.

double_decker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 double_decker

The Bears defense is the best conditioned unit in the NFL. They aren't going to be worn out.

How did the colts win last week? Oh yeah, they scraped out a win by scoring a touchdown within the final two minutes of the game. Winning close games is what good teams do in all sports. The only game given to them was the Arizona game. They played like crap, but Arizona couldn't put them away. You can't be putting the ball on the ground in the 4th quarter and giving up touchdowns to the defense.

You don't get to the Superbowl because of luck. The Bears are the best team in the NFC. They beat the most capable challenger to the NFC crown when they slaughtered the Saints.

NavigatorsGhost

The Bears had an easier schedule, yes they did beat the Saints and the Cardinals Game on Monday Night Football was what I was referring to. And I didn't praise the Colts either, Atleast you seem to know what you are talking about. And yes they have earned some of their wins, I just think they have shown their true colors when they have played bad teams like the Cardinals and the Packers. They are resourceful, I just can't bring myself to respect a team that has had a soft schedule, a horrible quarterback and have had some shady calls in important situations (The fumble by the Saints where the player was clearly down before he fumbled, the play was reviewed, and still not overturned) Or the fact the Bears weren't called for a single penalty the entire game until the end of the game

PeterTimpa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 PeterTimpa
Member since 2005 • 2509 Posts
Go Colts
I really want the Colts because of Peyton Manning and the Colts are my fav AFC team. I hate the bears, and I really wish it could have been the other NFC team in the SB from the Championship Game.

GO SAINTS
GO  COLTS
GEAUX TIGERS
kdizzle815

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 kdizzle815
Member since 2004 • 2572 Posts

[QUOTE="NavigatorsGhost"]

double_decker

The Bears had an easier schedule, yes they did beat the Saints and the Cardinals Game on Monday Night Football was what I was referring to. And I didn't praise the Colts either, Atleast you seem to know what you are talking about. And yes they have earned some of their wins, I just think they have shown their true colors when they have played bad teams like the Cardinals and the Packers. They are resourceful, I just can't bring myself to respect a team that has had a soft schedule, a horrible quarterback and have had some shady calls in important situations (The fumble by the Saints where the player was clearly down before he fumbled, the play was reviewed, and still not overturned) Or the fact the Bears weren't called for a single penalty the entire game until the end of the game

He was losing control of the ball before his knee hit.
double_decker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 double_decker

He was losing control of the ball before his knee hit. kdizzle815

The ball was bumped, moves an inch, maybe too, and then he still had it pinned against his body in his hands when he hit the ground, then the ball was ripped out after he was on the ground

slickvic1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 slickvic1990
Member since 2004 • 2590 Posts

colts all the way. im a giants fan.

peyton- greatness

eli- complete garbage

GreenPee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 GreenPee
Member since 2005 • 41 Posts

If you’re looking for a place to view all the snazzy superbowl commercials I suggest Ifilm. I signed up for their alert service, too. They will have instant uploads of the ads and when they go up they’ll send me e-mail to notify me, I thought that was pretty cool. Definitely nice that they categorize them in so many different ways to make them easy to search, I tried using YouTube at first and it was a total nightmare of sorting through thousands of responses.

Avatar image for freakyzeeky1986
freakyzeeky1986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 freakyzeeky1986
Member since 2005 • 19711 Posts
Damn, the poll is tied at 88 :o
Nick11478

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 Nick11478
Member since 2006 • 1628 Posts
Who really cares. I can't wait for baseball season! and the best league of all is the NHL.
NavigatorsGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 NavigatorsGhost

double_decker

They didn't make their schedule. They just played the teams on their schedule. And went 15-3. You can't fault them for that.

They played like crap during the packers game, but they weren't playing for anything. Everything was already locked up. Its disappointing that they played like they did, but they are obviously capable of playing a lot better.

Not getting called for penalties in a game is due to the fact that they didn't commit any. It wasn't biased officiating.

If you watch the video of the saints fumble it could go either way. Right before his knee hits the ground it seems like the ball is starting to move around in his hands. I was really surprised they said it was fumble, but calls like that happen. For example, I still don't agree with the tuck rule, and I'm not even a Raiders fan.

True, they have made bad calls. Including a timeout right before half time. The colts made a bad call in the AFC championship not killing more clock before scoring the winning TD. They almost gave Brady enough time to go downfield and score.

Grossman is not a horrible quarterback. He's inconsistent. Horrible quarterbacks don't lead the league with most games of a passer rating of 100 or more. He's inconsistent.
NavigatorsGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 NavigatorsGhost
Who really cares. I can't wait for baseball season! and the best league of all is the NHL.Nick11478

I enjoy the NHL too, despite being a Blackhawks fan.

But you can't ignore the fact that the NHL ALL START GAME WAS BEAT OUT BY ACE OF CAKES ON THE FOOD NETWORK IN TERMS OF VIEWERS.

That is f***ing pathetic.
mobius5010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 mobius5010
Member since 2006 • 258 Posts
i'd have to go with the colts (manning = awesome quarterback), but it can go either way.
slickvic1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 slickvic1990
Member since 2004 • 2590 Posts
NHL sucks!!!!!!!!!!!
MarchOfThePigs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 MarchOfThePigs
Member since 2004 • 1766 Posts
colts all the way baby 
gameroz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 gameroz
Member since 2005 • 2900 Posts
colts are going to win
dholmes19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 dholmes19
Member since 2006 • 1805 Posts
da bears (i hope) i really dont care anyways, the patriots are my team and they lost. :cry:
double_decker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 double_decker

They didn't make their schedule. They just played the teams on their schedule. And went 15-3. You can't fault them for that.

They played like crap during the packers game, but they weren't playing for anything. Everything was already locked up. Its disappointing that they played like they did, but they are obviously capable of playing a lot better.

Not getting called for penalties in a game is due to the fact that they didn't commit any. It wasn't biased officiating.

If you watch the video of the saints fumble it could go either way. Right before his knee hits the ground it seems like the ball is starting to move around in his hands. I was really surprised they said it was fumble, but calls like that happen. For example, I still don't agree with the tuck rule, and I'm not even a Raiders fan.

True, they have made bad calls. Including a timeout right before half time. The colts made a bad call in the AFC championship not killing more clock before scoring the winning TD. They almost gave Brady enough time to go downfield and score.

Grossman is not a horrible quarterback. He's inconsistent. Horrible quarterbacks don't lead the league with most games of a passer rating of 100 or more. He's inconsistent.
NavigatorsGhost

I like your argument, it's actually the first good one I have heard for the Bears. Grossman is really the reason I dislike the Bears, because I am an Urlacher fan, and they have awesome special teams as well. I have just been overall disappointed with football in general starting with USC losing to Texas, then Ohio State losing to Florida, both games that on paper and alot of people's minds should have gone the other way. Teams that are supposed to be good have been playing like crap. And then all year long I keep hearing about the Bears this and the Bears that and every game I have been able to watch I have been unimpressed with them. So I will admit I have been a little biased against them. As far as not committing any penalties all game, well I'm sure they did, they were just sneaky about it, and in reality their is penalties on almost every down played in a game, it's just if the referee sees it or feels it's serious or important enough to call. I guess since every game I have saw the Bears play they didn't look like a championship team, and I've been overloaded with banwagon fans making the Bears sound like the best team ever has made me just want to see the Bears get stomped and shut people up about Duh Bears. But so far they have been able to manuever their way through and get to the big man despite my personal feelings towards them:lol: But you seem to be the first Bear fan I have talked with about them that has presented a good argument for them and I give you credit for that. So Bears are a good team, I will give them that, but I still hope the Colts beat on the Bears like no other, so I can finally get some satisfaction and justification for all the heartbreak I have had to suffer with the teams I like playing like crud the last few years:|

NavigatorsGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 NavigatorsGhost

double_decker

I like your argument, it's actually the first good one I have heard for the Bears. Grossman is really the reason I dislike the Bears, because I am an Urlacher fan, and they have awesome special teams as well. I have just been overall disappointed with football in general starting with USC losing to Texas, then Ohio State losing to Florida, both games that on paper and alot of people's minds should have gone the other way. Teams that are supposed to be good have been playing like crap. And then all year long I keep hearing about the Bears this and the Bears that and every game I have been able to watch I have been unimpressed with them. So I will admit I have been a little biased against them. As far as not committing any penalties all game, well I'm sure they did, they were just sneaky about it, and in reality their is penalties on almost every down played in a game, it's just if the referee sees it or feels it's serious or important enough to call. I guess since every game I have saw the Bears play they didn't look like a championship team, and I've been overloaded with banwagon fans making the Bears sound like the best team ever has made me just want to see the Bears get stomped and shut people up about Duh Bears. But so far they have been able to manuever their way through and get to the big man despite my personal feelings towards them:lol: But you seem to be the first Bear fan I have talked with about them that has presented a good argument for them and I give you credit for that. So Bears are a good team, I will give them that, but I still hope the Colts beat on the Bears like no other, so I can finally get some satisfaction and justification for all the heartbreak I have had to suffer with the teams I like playing like crud the last few years:|

The truth is that despite all his inconsistency, Grossman is the best quarterback the Bears have had since the early to mid 90s when Erik Kramer was QB. Teams like the Ravens and Bucs have recently proved that you don't need a quarterback to throw for 300 yards and 3 touchdowns in the super bowl to win the game. You can get buy with a decent quarterback if you have a dominating defense.

In the NFL its more about surviving to the next game. Think about last year, the Steelers were not the best team and yet they won the super bowl. Because of the parity in the NFL the best team in a given year will not necessarily win the super bowl or even get there.
double_decker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 double_decker

The truth is that despite all his inconsistency, Grossman is the best quarterback the Bears have had since the early to mid 90s when Erik Kramer was QB. Teams like the Ravens and Bucs have recently proved that you don't need a quarterback to throw for 300 yards and 3 touchdowns in the super bowl to win the game. You can get buy with a decent quarterback if you have a dominating defense.

In the NFL its more about surviving to the next game. Think about last year, the Steelers were not the best team and yet they won the super bowl. Because of the parity in the NFL the best team in a given year will not necessarily win the super bowl or even get there.
NavigatorsGhost

I know, it sucks, and the underdog has to win sometimes, it just makes me sick how much it has been happening lately:( For once I hope the underdog gets crushed, it would make my world a much happier place:D

pyroistheone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#146 pyroistheone
Member since 2003 • 537 Posts
Chicago loses due to an overdose of Peyton Manning
Avatar image for AtomicBaconBits
AtomicBaconBits

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#147 AtomicBaconBits
Member since 2006 • 8855 Posts
Colts had better win...or else... >__>
gun65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#148 gun65
Member since 2004 • 3312 Posts
colts will beat the bears,plain and simple
vgmkyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#149 vgmkyle
Member since 2004 • 8692 Posts
Reading these comments makes me glad I don't watch football.
dustinsdabest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 dustinsdabest
Member since 2006 • 103 Posts
Colts FTW.