The most overrated band of all time

• 125 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

PickGlove243

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 PickGlove243
Member since 2007 • 3144 Posts

in OT, The Cure is definitely overrated.RamboSymbiot

I thin hating the Cure is overrated >___>

dealjobber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102 dealjobber
Member since 2003 • 1034 Posts

Bon Scott AC/DC...no way.

But Brian Johnson/Back and Black and later, yes.

I also can't stand most 80's "hair" metal and Guns N Roses. It's like everybody between the ages 20 and 35 owns at least one Poison cd.

I can't forget to throw in dragonforce, that's getting this surge of popularity, lately.

They're not talented. They have skill at the guitar, but they have no skills in musical composition. Their songs lack variety and structure.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178887 Posts

[QUOTE="RamboSymbiot"]in OT, The Cure is definitely overrated.PickGlove243

You are indeed a wise man.....

Avatar image for 202980439725830002556685383209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#104 202980439725830002556685383209
Member since 2004 • 12220 Posts
[QUOTE="PickGlove243"]

[QUOTE="RamboSymbiot"]in OT, The Cure is definitely overrated.LJS9502_basic

You are indeed a wise man.....

At the risk of sounding like LSJ fanboy, I'm going to have go ahead and agree here.
shifter95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 shifter95
Member since 2006 • 80 Posts

Has nobody mentioned a hip-hop/R & B/rap/whatever the hell it's called "artist"?!?? 50 Cent, N.W.A., Kanye West, MIMS, G-Unit, Wu Tang Clan, etc. For other genres, I would have to say Beethoven is highly over-rated. The same with Slipknot, Linkin Park, Limp Bizkit, the Baja Men, and Tenacious D.

EboyLOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 EboyLOL
Member since 2006 • 5358 Posts
Van Halen, Led Zeppelin (unfortunately) and Nirvana.
EboyLOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 EboyLOL
Member since 2006 • 5358 Posts
I would say either the Grateful Dead or the Sex Pistols is my quick knee-jerk reaction to this question. Lord_Daemon
...what?
whos_next000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 whos_next000
Member since 2006 • 11892 Posts

Has nobody mentioned a hip-hop/R & B/rap/whatever the hell it's called "artist"?!?? 50 Cent, N.W.A., Kanye West, MIMS, G-Unit, Wu Tang Clan, etc. For other genres, I would have to say Beethoven is highly over-rated. The same with Slipknot, Linkin Park, Limp Bizkit, the Baja Men, and Tenacious D.

shifter95
Some of those rappers you named are actually pretty good. You just have to give them a shot. I was the same way until I opened my mind to other genres of music. Are the Baja Men even highly rated?
Avatar image for someotherguy654
someotherguy654

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 someotherguy654
Member since 2004 • 15122 Posts
I wish my band was overrated.
Yagami-Iori

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#110 Yagami-Iori
Member since 2003 • 6327 Posts
Rolling Stones, KISS, and The Beatles
-Rail_Man-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 -Rail_Man-
Member since 2007 • 1508 Posts
Every band in the entire world is overrated because, one large group of people likesa bandand, a small group of people dislikes the same band and claims it's "overrated". And it's like that for every band. That's why these threads are pointless.
someotherguy654

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 someotherguy654
Every band in the entire world is overrated because, one large group of people likesa bandand, a small group of people dislikes the same band and claims it's "overrated". And it's like that for every band. That's why these threads are pointless.-Rail_Man-
I don't know anyone who dislikes certain local bands.
-Rail_Man-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 -Rail_Man-

[QUOTE="-Rail_Man-"]Every band in the entire world is overrated because, one large group of people likesa bandand, a small group of people dislikes the same band and claims it's "overrated". And it's like that for every band. That's why these threads are pointless.someotherguy654

Wait for them to get noticed/big.

vc15sa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 vc15sa
Member since 2004 • 858 Posts

[QUOTE="-Rail_Man-"]Every band in the entire world is overrated because, one large group of people likesa bandand, a small group of people dislikes the same band and claims it's "overrated". And it's like that for every band. That's why these threads are pointless.someotherguy654

They must never play then.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 LJS9502_basic

Every band in the entire world is overrated because, one large group of people likesa bandand, a small group of people dislikes the same band and claims it's "overrated". And it's like that for every band. That's why these threads are pointless.-Rail_Man-

Because a band has fans does not necessarily make them overrated. They become overrated when it's considered "ccol" to like the band.

someotherguy654

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 someotherguy654

[QUOTE="someotherguy654"][QUOTE="-Rail_Man-"]Every band in the entire world is overrated because, one large group of people likesa bandand, a small group of people dislikes the same band and claims it's "overrated". And it's like that for every band. That's why these threads are pointless.-Rail_Man-

Wait for them to get noticed/big.

You said "every band." I was just wondering you really meant that.

[QUOTE="someotherguy654"][QUOTE="-Rail_Man-"]Every band in the entire world is overrated because, one large group of people likesa bandand, a small group of people dislikes the same band and claims it's "overrated". And it's like that for every band. That's why these threads are pointless.vc15sa

They must never play then.

How do you figure that?
LoG-Sacrament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#117 LoG-Sacrament
Member since 2006 • 20397 Posts

shifter95

thats it. shame on you. you triggered a rant about slipknot. they are only overrated among themselves. they cantwrite worth a damn andthere are much more talented musicians in the metal genre.they were below average when theyfirst came around, then they got progessively worse. instead of working on making better music,they come outmore elaborate masks. the only reason they got the reasonable success in sales they did(itsnot even that big compared tosales of bands in other genres) was because they were one of the screaming bands that occasionally got radio playtime. soteens in their car heard themand thought they would be hardcore by listening to them. any aspect of their music is done betterby other bands(technicality, speed, lyrics, or just sheer aggression). yet cory (their singer) has the balls tothink he's better than popular bands and says (on playboy magazine of all places) that he earned his success. i have more to say but ill spare anyone who made it this far.

/end rant

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 LJS9502_basic

shifter95

Beethoven is highly overrated.....:lol:

XGxAxMxExRX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#119 XGxAxMxExRX
Member since 2006 • 236 Posts

Rock- KISS and fall out boy

Hip Hop- Diddy

theres more but to lazy to type them

TAMKFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 172

#120 TAMKFan
Member since 2004 • 33351 Posts
Pretty much any rap bands for me. I can't stand them. My brother likes to listen to them a lot.
-AK47-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 -AK47-
Member since 2007 • 3277 Posts
Nirvana. I agree.
-Rail_Man-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 -Rail_Man-

[QUOTE="-Rail_Man-"]Every band in the entire world is overrated because, one large group of people likesa bandand, a small group of people dislikes the same band and claims it's "overrated". And it's like that for every band. That's why these threads are pointless.LJS9502_basic

Because a band has fans does not necessarily make them overrated. They become overrated when it's considered "cool" to like the band.

Obviously, you obviously didint understand my post.And eventually hating the band will become cool and it won't be overrated anymore and people will move on to something else. It also becomes overrated when it's hated. I agree when it's considered "cool" by a large group of people.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 LJS9502_basic
[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]

[QUOTE="-Rail_Man-"]Every band in the entire world is overrated because, one large group of people likesa bandand, a small group of people dislikes the same band and claims it's "overrated". And it's like that for every band. That's why these threads are pointless.-Rail_Man-

Because a band has fans does not necessarily make them overrated. They become overrated when it's considered "cool" to like the band.

Obviously, you obviously didint understand my post.And eventually hating the band will become cool and it won't be overrated anymore and people will move on to something else. It also becomes overrated when it's hated. I agree when it's considered "cool" by a large group of people.

I understood your post....I didn't agree with it.

-Rail_Man-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 -Rail_Man-
[QUOTE="-Rail_Man-"][QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]

[QUOTE="-Rail_Man-"]Every band in the entire world is overrated because, one large group of people likesa bandand, a small group of people dislikes the same band and claims it's "overrated". And it's like that for every band. That's why these threads are pointless.LJS9502_basic

I understood your post....I didn't agree with it.

Okay.

shifter95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 shifter95
Member since 2006 • 80 Posts
[QUOTE="shifter95"]

whos_next000

Some of those rappers you named are actually pretty good. You just have to give them a shot. I was the same way until I opened my mind to other genres of music. Are the Baja Men even highly rated?

In Southeastern Canada, people were ranting and raving about the Baja Men for two whole years. I will never stop hating them just for that. >_> I'll admit that Kanye West and the Wu Tang Clan are actually pretty good, but they are over-rated, not terrible.

Bauers-Twin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#126 Bauers-Twin
Member since 2007 • 14150 Posts
[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]

[QUOTE="-Rail_Man-"]Every band in the entire world is overrated because, one large group of people likesa bandand, a small group of people dislikes the same band and claims it's "overrated". And it's like that for every band. That's why these threads are pointless.-Rail_Man-

so if alot of people hate a band who sucks they're considerd overrated? you make no sense!!!!