The Departed film, 10/10

This topic is locked from further discussion.

unknown-phenom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 unknown-phenom
Member since 2006 • 1807 Posts

Ok, I just downloaded this movie and watched it on my Xbox 360. I have to say is this movie is the most original and the best movie Ive in a while. The film does confuse at times, like at the beginning I didnt know who the rat was and who the undercover agent was. All in all this movie gets a 10 out of 10. I definatly recommend this movie to people who likes crime drama. Download it, you will NOT be dissapointed.

There is also another movie I thought was pretty good. It was The Breed, I liked it alot. Gets a 8/10.

I downloaded Reincarnation and Happy Feet with it, how could you not wanna see dancing penquins?!

Stealth-Gunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Stealth-Gunner
Member since 2004 • 4166 Posts
Only seen Happy Feet out of those, good and cute feel good movie:P
SlickAndJick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 SlickAndJick
Member since 2006 • 698 Posts

Maybe yes...

maybe no...

maybe **** yourself.

Avatar image for BEAN_LARD_MULCH
BEAN_LARD_MULCH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 BEAN_LARD_MULCH
Member since 2006 • 4720 Posts
is it actually that good, or is it overated?
Avatar image for freakyzeeky1986
freakyzeeky1986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#5 freakyzeeky1986
Member since 2005 • 19711 Posts
I thought it was a pretty good film, but it is far from Scoceses's best... His best, for me at least, is Taxi Driver. 8)
-MlKE-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6 -MlKE-
Member since 2007 • 1796 Posts
is it actually that good, or is it overated?BEAN_LARD_MULCH
It is that good. Everyone thought it was good until it won the award for best movie and then everyone started saying it was bad. People get a little confused...just because it wasn't as good as Goodfellas doesn't mean it's a bad movie.
_Margulis_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 _Margulis_
Member since 2005 • 15067 Posts
Ok.
unknown-phenom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 unknown-phenom
I thought it was a pretty good film, but it is far from Scoceses's best... His best, for me at least, is Taxi Driver. 8)freakyzeeky1986
Is that the one with the, no offense meant to anyone, fat black chick and the dude who cant drive?
freakyzeeky1986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 freakyzeeky1986

[QUOTE="freakyzeeky1986"]I thought it was a pretty good film, but it is far from Scoceses's best... His best, for me at least, is Taxi Driver. 8)unknown-phenom
Is that the one with the, no offense meant to anyone, fat black chick and the dude who cant drive?

It's about a psychotic taxi driver and a teenage prostitute... :?

xboxdudeman800

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 xboxdudeman800
Member since 2005 • 3880 Posts

[QUOTE="freakyzeeky1986"]I thought it was a pretty good film, but it is far from Scoceses's best... His best, for me at least, is Taxi Driver. 8)unknown-phenom

lol, that is "Taxi" with queen latifa and jimmy fallon

unknown-phenom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 unknown-phenom

[QUOTE="unknown-phenom"][QUOTE="freakyzeeky1986"]I thought it was a pretty good film, but it is far from Scoceses's best... His best, for me at least, is Taxi Driver. 8)freakyzeeky1986

Lmao, oh. Well, there is a movie with a fat black chick and a cop who cant drive unless hes singing a certain song and it has the word 'taxi' in it. I forget the title lol.
unknown-phenom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 unknown-phenom

[QUOTE="unknown-phenom"][QUOTE="freakyzeeky1986"]I thought it was a pretty good film, but it is far from Scoceses's best... His best, for me at least, is Taxi Driver. 8)xboxdudeman800

lol, that is "Taxi" with queen latifa and jimmy fallon

That one! Lmao, thanks.

freakyzeeky1986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 freakyzeeky1986
[QUOTE="freakyzeeky1986"]

[QUOTE="unknown-phenom"][QUOTE="freakyzeeky1986"]I thought it was a pretty good film, but it is far from Scoceses's best... His best, for me at least, is Taxi Driver. 8)unknown-phenom

Lmao, oh. Well, there is a movie with a fat black chick and a cop who cant drive unless hes singing a certain song and it has the word 'taxi' in it. I forget the title lol.

That movie is called... 'Taxi'. :P

Ogloff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Ogloff
Member since 2007 • 405 Posts
In honor of the movie i will link the Effing short versionhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-uwa9dUCk0NSFW!!! A lot of coarse language. Also the movies awsume theme songhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKyLgRzOTsY Spoiler warnings I guess.
unknown-phenom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 unknown-phenom
Ogloff, do you know the song they played 2 times in that song? I think it had the riverdance or whatever that cool thing irish people do. What is that called?
Ogloff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Ogloff
Member since 2007 • 405 Posts

Ogloff, do you know the song they played 2 times in that song? I think it had the riverdance or whatever that cool thing irish people do. What is that called?unknown-phenom

I'm not to sure. Try thishttp://www.imdb.com/title/tt0407887/soundtrackAnd if you still can watch the movie normally the music is in the credits at one point in order it was played in the movie.

RoflSponge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 RoflSponge
Member since 2007 • 3155 Posts

[QUOTE="BEAN_LARD_MULCH"]is it actually that good, or is it overated?-MlKE-
It is that good. Everyone thought it was good until it won the award for best movie and then everyone started saying it was bad. People get a little confused...just because it wasn't as good as Goodfellas doesn't mean it's a bad movie.

I always thought it was bad, the ending just seemed so stupid to me.

Avatar image for supermetroidfan
supermetroidfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 supermetroidfan
Member since 2004 • 19767 Posts

Awesome. I didn't know GS allowed talking of dl'ing stuff.

Oh and I thought it was a great movie. I liked it. A bit long but worth it.

unknown-phenom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 unknown-phenom

[QUOTE="-MlKE-"][QUOTE="BEAN_LARD_MULCH"]is it actually that good, or is it overated?RoflSponge

In 2 of my favorite films of all time the charecter Leonardo Di'Caprio, think I spelled it right, dies! Blood Diamond and The Departed. Im glad that Sullivan died :) I laughed so hard...
RoflSponge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 RoflSponge
Member since 2007 • 3155 Posts
[QUOTE="RoflSponge"]

[QUOTE="-MlKE-"][QUOTE="BEAN_LARD_MULCH"]is it actually that good, or is it overated?unknown-phenom

In 2 of my favorite films of all time the charecter Leonardo Di'Caprio, think I spelled it right, dies! Blood Diamond and The Departed. Im glad that Sullivan died :) I laughed so hard...

*gasps* You hate him! :lol: I was laughing so much at the end of The Departed, it's just so random. You might want to put a s poiler thingy in your post ;)

unknown-phenom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 unknown-phenom
[QUOTE="unknown-phenom"][QUOTE="RoflSponge"]

[QUOTE="-MlKE-"][QUOTE="BEAN_LARD_MULCH"]is it actually that good, or is it overated?RoflSponge

*gasps* You hate him! :lol: I was laughing so much at the end of The Departed, it's just so random. You might want to put a s poiler thingy in your post ;)

I dont know how to put the spoiler linker thinger in my post or I wouldve lol.
BobC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 BobC
Member since 2003 • 6259 Posts

Ok, I just downloaded this movie and watched it on my Xbox 360. I have to say is this movie is the most original

unknown-phenom

It's good, but it's hard to call it original when it's based on a 2002 Chinese movie called "Internal Affairs" (Infernal Affairs if you're looking for it on English DVD).

You should try to find a copy of Infernal Affairs and watch it. It's better than The Departed.

Whicker89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#23 Whicker89
Member since 2004 • 18919 Posts
[spoiler] Everyone dies [/spoiler] :|
Kook18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Kook18
Member since 2006 • 4257 Posts
the ending was highly dissapointing imo. all the tension and suspence builds and it just gets deflated in 2 seconds.
ernie1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 ernie1989
Member since 2004 • 8547 Posts
[QUOTE="unknown-phenom"]

Ok, I just downloaded this movie and watched it on my Xbox 360. I have to say is this movie is the most original

BobC

It's good, but it's hard to call it original when it's based on a 2002 Chinese movie called "Internal Affairs" (Infernal Affairs if you're looking for it on English DVD).

You should try to find a copy of Infernal Affairs and watch it. It's better than The Departed.

Dang, you beat me to the Ifernal Affairs thing I was going to say. To be honest, I thought they were both equally as good, but it's also a good movie worth checking out.

unknown-phenom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 unknown-phenom
[QUOTE="unknown-phenom"]

BobC

I never knew there was an original. Owell, I love Matt Damon, Leonardo DiCaprio, and Mark Wahlbergs acting.