The Black Bruce Lee!!!

• 49 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

EolGul2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 EolGul2
Member since 2005 • 1721 Posts

This guy could kick Bruce Lee's ass!!

Linkthedueler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 Linkthedueler
Member since 2003 • 4389 Posts

See kids THIS is why we DON'T do drugs. You'll go crazy and begin to belive that you're fighting evil monkeys...

Kikouken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#4 Kikouken
Member since 2006 • 15913 Posts
What the hell.
DivergeUnify

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 DivergeUnify
Member since 2007 • 15150 Posts
Haha, what a total BA :P
EolGul2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 EolGul2

See kids THIS is why we DON'T do drugs. You'll go crazy and begin to belive that you're fighting evil monkeys...

Linkthedueler

You ever seen a Bruce Lee movie? That impression is dead on.

Witchsight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Witchsight
Member since 2004 • 12145 Posts
Seemed pretty sloppy to me
EolGul2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 EolGul2

Seemed pretty sloppy to meWitchsight

lol, you serious?

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38684 Posts
[QUOTE="Linkthedueler"]

EolGul2

You ever seen a Bruce Lee movie? That impression is dead on.

as far as impressions go that was pretty good. just add some fast zooms to the guys face..

Witchsight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Witchsight
Member since 2004 • 12145 Posts

[QUOTE="Witchsight"]Seemed pretty sloppy to meEolGul2

lol, you serious?

Yah a bit. I dont know anything about martial arts but i know Lees movements were much quicker and more succinct

EolGul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 EolGul
Member since 2004 • 27 Posts
[QUOTE="EolGul2"]

[QUOTE="Witchsight"]Seemed pretty sloppy to meWitchsight

lol, you serious?

Yah a bit. I dont know anything about martial arts but i know Lees movements were much quicker and more succinct

But Anderson Silva could still kick his ass. He's about 40-50 lbs heavier and he's a UFC champion :P.

Serial-No_3404

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Serial-No_3404
Member since 2007 • 2876 Posts
this one is better http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoLDv2p_fpA
Eman5805

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 Eman5805
Member since 2004 • 4494 Posts

I can already see someone coming up with some photoshopped or whatever .gif of that...

skinnypete91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 skinnypete91
Member since 2006 • 6022 Posts

this one is better http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoLDv2p_fpASerial-No_3404

Ah yes... this is what came to my mind when I read the title of the thread.. great vid :lol:

FlaminDeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 FlaminDeath
Member since 2004 • 4181 Posts
His attitude was spot on, but he needs to clean up his moves.
Bourbons3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#16 Bourbons3
Member since 2003 • 24238 Posts
right...lol.
EolGul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 EolGul

His attitude was spot on, but he needs to clean up his moves.FlaminDeath

I think he was making fun of those side kicks you see in all of Lee's movies. They're nearly useless in the real world.

FlaminDeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 FlaminDeath

[QUOTE="FlaminDeath"]His attitude was spot on, but he needs to clean up his moves.EolGul

I think he was making fun of those side kicks you see in all of Lee's movies. They're nearly useless in the real world.

Obviously you've never been kicked.
EolGul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 EolGul
[QUOTE="EolGul"]

[QUOTE="FlaminDeath"]His attitude was spot on, but he needs to clean up his moves.FlaminDeath

And obviously you don't know much about fighting :roll:.

Trust me, you don't see many Muay Thai or MMA experts throwing side kicks.

FlaminDeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 FlaminDeath
[QUOTE="FlaminDeath"][QUOTE="EolGul"]

[QUOTE="FlaminDeath"]His attitude was spot on, but he needs to clean up his moves.EolGul

Dude thats just a different form of fighting. Just because your way works doesn't mean mine won't. Yes I do know what I'm talking about I'm a blackbelt. (gets ready for everyone to make fun of me for that)
EolGul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 EolGul

Dude thats just a different form of fighting. Just because your way works doesn't mean mine won't. Yes I do know what I'm talking about I'm a blackbelt. (gets ready for everyone to make fun of me for that)FlaminDeath

Black belt in what? Some forms of fighting are extremely effective and other forms are almost completely worthless.

FlaminDeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 FlaminDeath

[QUOTE="FlaminDeath"] Dude thats just a different form of fighting. Just because your way works doesn't mean mine won't. Yes I do know what I'm talking about I'm a blackbelt. (gets ready for everyone to make fun of me for that)EolGul

Black belt in what? Some forms of fighting are extremely effective and other forms are almost completely worthless.

Western Tae Kwon-do. Its a mixture of karate, kimpo, jujitsu, and tae kwon-do. We're a realistic fighting style, none of that kung-fu dance crap.
EolGul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 EolGul
[QUOTE="EolGul"]

[QUOTE="FlaminDeath"] Dude thats just a different form of fighting. Just because your way works doesn't mean mine won't. Yes I do know what I'm talking about I'm a blackbelt. (gets ready for everyone to make fun of me for that)FlaminDeath

Western Tae Kwon-do. Its a mixture of karate, kimpo, jujitsu, and tae kwon-do. We're a realistic fighting style, none of that kung-fu dance crap.

So you guys do throws, , takedowns, submissions, knees to the face, elbows, etc? Sorry, but I have a hard time taking any style that includes Taek Won Do and Karate seriously.

FlaminDeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 FlaminDeath
[QUOTE="FlaminDeath"][QUOTE="EolGul"]

[QUOTE="FlaminDeath"] Dude thats just a different form of fighting. Just because your way works doesn't mean mine won't. Yes I do know what I'm talking about I'm a blackbelt. (gets ready for everyone to make fun of me for that)EolGul

So you guys do throws, , takedowns, submissions, knees to the face, elbows, etc? Sorry, but I have a hard time taking any style that includes Taek Won Do and Karate seriously.

I guess my style could be seen as MMA light. We do all of what you said plus more traditional martial arts things. Like, dodges, blocks, parries,locks, and kicks.
Iga_Bobovic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Iga_Bobovic
Member since 2007 • 518 Posts

EolGul

Actually Muay Thai does have a side kick in their curriculum. It can be used for a kick to the head (very risky) or kick to the stomach (Pushing the opponent away). The reason you don't see a side kick in MMA and Muay Thay is because the front kick is easier to use push people away. In some Martial Arts the side kick is also used to knee-cap your opponent.

Side Kick is very effective in real life, because most people do not have condition abs, so a kick to the stomach will do damage. And you don't need super flexible to kick someone's head (like a roundhouse kick), so its a good beginners move.

FlaminDeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 FlaminDeath
[QUOTE="EolGul"]

Iga_Bobovic

Actually Muay Thai does have a side kick in their curriculum. It can be used for a kick to the head (very risky) or kick to the stomach (Pushing the opponent away). The reason you don't see a side kick in MMA and Muay Thay is because the front kick is easier to use push people away. In some Martial Arts the side kick is also used to knee-cap your opponent.

Side Kick is very effective in real life, because most people do not have condition abs, so a kick to the stomach will do damage. And you don't need super flexible to kick someone's head (like a roundhouse kick), so its a good beginners move.

Why didn't I say that.

mealex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 mealex
Member since 2005 • 1564 Posts

[QUOTE="Witchsight"]Seemed pretty sloppy to meEolGul2

lol, you serious?

That was pitiful and I take martial arts that was incredibly sloppy. I mean one or two bad kicks, but come on that was pathetic.

Shiggums

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#28 Shiggums
Member since 2007 • 21436 Posts
Kimbo Slice? Oh, nope... :?
EolGul2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 EolGul2

Iga_Bobovic

The reason you don't see the side kick used much in muay thai and MMA is that it isn't as useful as other kicks. In MT, there are tons of ways to cause more damage faster. In MMA, same thing and you'll also get your ass taken down. As far as a real life fight, I'd just throw a front kick to the balls. The side kick prbably won't put your opponent down and you'll be in a more vulnerable position.

That was pitiful and I take martial arts that was incredibly sloppy. I mean one or two bad kicks, but come on that was pathetic.

mealex

You're talking about one of the best fighters in the world, arguably #1 pound for pond. I don't care who your martial arts instructor is, Anderson Silva would turn them into a bloody pulp.

Iga_Bobovic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Iga_Bobovic
[QUOTE="Iga_Bobovic"]Actually Muay Thai does have a side kick in their curriculum. It can be used for a kick to the head (very risky) or kick to the stomach (Pushing the opponent away). The reason you don't see a side kick in MMA and Muay Thay is because the front kick is easier to use push people away. In some Martial Arts the side kick is also used to knee-cap your opponent.

EolGul2

The reason you don't see the side kick used much in muay thai and MMA is that it isn't as useful as other kicks. In MT, there are tons of ways to cause more damage faster. In MMA, same thing and you'll also get your ass taken down. As far as a real life fight, I'd just throw a front kick to the balls. The side kick probably won't put your opponent down and you'll be in a more vulnerable position.

Wow so many things I disagree with. First about the thing I do agree with you. The side kick is not as useful as other kicks in MMA and Muay Thai, thats exactly what I said in my post. In MMA even other kicks like the roundhouse kick are easily caught. Now to the part I disagree with you.

First you obviously have never been kicked of have kicked someone with a sidekick that made full contact. I hit someone once with half power and he went flying. I am able to kick a guy holding a punching bag backwards with a side kick. There is no way someone will stay on his feet when the kick makes contact.

Second about the vulnerability. Do you know that if your roundhouse kick miss, there a chance you will do a pirouette, and thereby turning your back to you opponent (Which is bad unless you're Genki Sudo)? Side kick is not that vulnerable. You opponent is pushed back. And if you retract your foot its difficult to catch.

I think another part of the reason that a side kick is not used is that because you'll usually need to be in a side stance. So you'll only be able to kick and punch effectively with one leg. There are some that can kick from a normal stance, but thats much more difficult.

A Front kick to the balls? Don't you means a snap kick;)? If you really want to try something effective (thrust me you don't), try a low side kick! A good kick on the knee and its over!

rowzzr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -2

#31 rowzzr
Member since 2005 • 2375 Posts
i really began to wonder how some people could actually take this hilarious joke vid seriously :|
Iga_Bobovic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Iga_Bobovic

i really began to wonder how some people could actually take this hilarious joke vid seriously :|rowzzr

Sst, not so hard. Its rare to get some great discussions here. Okay its a little bit derailed (we are talking about side kicks now), but a good discussion is a good discussion.

purple_MAN1832

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 purple_MAN1832
Member since 2004 • 2125 Posts
bahahaha, he would definitely win :P
hiryu3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#34 hiryu3
Member since 2003 • 7313 Posts
LMAO
MichaeltheCM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#35 MichaeltheCM
Member since 2005 • 22765 Posts
lol i highly doubt it :P
EolGul2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 EolGul2
Wow so many things I disagree with. First about the thing I do agree with you. The side kick is not as useful as other kicks in MMA and Muay Thai, thats exactly what I said in my post. In MMA even other kicks like the roundhouse kick are easily caught. Now to the part I disagree with you.

First you obviously have never been kicked of have kicked someone with a sidekick that made full contact. I hit someone once with half power and he went flying. I am able to kick a guy holding a punching bag backwards with a side kick. There is no way someone will stay on his feet when the kick makes contact.

Second about the vulnerability. Do you know that if your roundhouse kick miss, there a chance you will do a pirouette, and thereby turning your back to you opponent (Which is bad unless you're Genki Sudo)? Side kick is not that vulnerable. You opponent is pushed back. And if you retract your foot its difficult to catch.

I think another part of the reason that a side kick is not used is that because you'll usually need to be in a side stance. So you'll only be able to kick and punch effectively with one leg. There are some that can kick from a normal stance, but thats much more difficult.

A Front kick to the balls? Don't you means a snap kick;)? If you really want to try something effective (thrust me you don't), try a low side kick! A good kick on the knee and its over!

Iga_Bobovic

I'm going to get right to the point. I have a black belt in TKD. I've kicked and been kicked countless times. I quit years ago when I started watching MMA and studying other matrial arts, and realized how pointless most of what you learn in TKD is. The reason you see side kicks (and flying side kicks) in movies and not in real fights is that actual fighters know that it's a relatively ineffective technique.

Anderson Silva (the guy in the video) is arguably the BEST FIGHTER IN THE WORLD, yet some of you can't get over the fact that his side kicks wouldn't impress your martial arts instructor.

Ilived

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Ilived
Member since 2007 • 5516 Posts
Yeah why don't black people and white people leave the karate stuff to asians? It seriously makes them look like idiots. I remember watching a Bruce Lee movie and saw(wow I have honestly forgot his name)that guy that everyone here keeps bringing up and he got his ass kicked + he looked like a total ass.
EolGul2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 EolGul2

Yeah why don't black people and white people leave the karate stuff to asians? It seriously makes them look like idiots.Ilived

Here is a vid of The Black Bruce Lee vs. an Asian dude. You tell me who ends up looking like an idiot.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Csq3fIlfK-Y

Ilived

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Ilived
Member since 2007 • 5516 Posts
You because you didn't see my point.
liqu1d_couRAGE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 liqu1d_couRAGE
Member since 2006 • 320 Posts
i was expecting to see bruce Leeroy
Iga_Bobovic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Iga_Bobovic
[QUOTE="Iga_Bobovic"]Wow so many things I disagree with. First about the thing I do agree with you. The side kick is not as useful as other kicks in MMA and Muay Thai, thats exactly what I said in my post. In MMA even other kicks like the roundhouse kick are easily caught. Now to the part I disagree with you.

EolGul2

I'm going to get right to the point. I have a black belt in TKD. I've kicked and been kicked countless times. I quit years ago when I started watching MMA and studying other matrial arts, and realized how pointless most of what you learn in TKD is. The reason you see side kicks (and flying side kicks) in movies and not in real fights is that actual fighters know that it's a relatively ineffective technique.

Anderson Silva (the guy in the video) is arguably the BEST FIGHTER IN THE WORLD, yet some of you can't get over the fact that his side kicks wouldn't impress your martial arts instructor.

I would appreciate it that, when you'll quote me, that you do it for a reason. Like for instance refuting the points I'm trying to make. You're just repeating the point I made about the effectively of a side kick in MMA and Muay Thai match. Than you'll accuse me indirectly about Silva and his side kick. I never mentioned Silva in my posts. I only refuted your point about side kick in MMA & MT, by saying that MT actually does have the kick in its curriculum. So I would appreciate you read my posts more carefully, because we are now arguing about something we are in agreement with.

skizz624

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#43 skizz624
Member since 2005 • 3810 Posts

LOL!! that was funny, maybe he'll bring back the sport of towel snapping.

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#44 branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts

But Anderson Silva could still kick his ass. He's about 40-50 lbs heavier and he's a UFC champion :P.

EolGul
You don't know much about true strength, do you?
andrewkozis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#45 andrewkozis
Member since 2005 • 3336 Posts
yes he sure could
FlaminDeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 FlaminDeath
[QUOTE="Iga_Bobovic"]Wow so many things I disagree with. First about the thing I do agree with you. The side kick is not as useful as other kicks in MMA and Muay Thai, thats exactly what I said in my post. In MMA even other kicks like the roundhouse kick are easily caught. Now to the part I disagree with you.

EolGul2

The point I was trying to get across is that side kicks are useful when someone who knows how to do them does them. You can't judge how a martial arts preforms by watching how one guy fights.Half of the blackbelts today barely know how to fight anyways. If you want to see good martial artists, go up in the mountains in China or Japan and visit the schools where the people have trained since they were 3 years old. Those are the people that can cut through steel with their fists (exaggeration).

Anyways back to the point I was getting to. I don't disagree with you that a side kick would probably be useless if lets say, I tried to kick Anderson Silva, but the point I was trying to get across is that, against a random idiot on the street who tries to pick a fight with me, a well placed side kick to the face would be all it would take to stop the fight.

nooblet69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 nooblet69
Member since 2004 • 5162 Posts
I dunno, dude. That guy looks like he's got some crazy moves and a good monkey scream but I think Bruce Lee is still the champion of a$$ kicking.
C-Himura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#48 C-Himura
Member since 2004 • 2160 Posts

EolGul2

That's your opinion. But just cause he is on TV on UFC and a campion there makes him the "BEST". I am sure there are thousands, if not millions of unknown that know more than him, and would kick his butt with their hands tied behind their backs.

EolGul2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 EolGul2

I would appreciate it that, when you'll quote me, that you do it for a reason. Like for instance refuting the points I'm trying to make. You're just repeating the point I made about the effectively of a side kick in MMA and Muay Thai match. Than you'll accuse me indirectly about Silva and his side kick. I never mentioned Silva in my posts. I only refuted your point about side kick in MMA & MT, by saying that MT actually does have the kick in its curriculum. So I would appreciate you read my posts more carefully, because we are now arguing about something we are in agreement with.Iga_Bobovic

I'm sick of talking about side kicks and I'm not going to spend the time to argue with you point by point. Nobody's opinion is going to change. I assume my opinion is more educated than yours becayse of my 10+ years in TKD and my 4+ years of studying MMA. I hope you throw a side kick when you get into a real fight, especially if the fight is with me.

That's your opinion. But just cause he is on TV on UFC and a campion there makes him the "BEST". I am sure there are thousands, if not millions of unknown that know more than him, and would kick his butt with their hands tied behind their backs.C-Himura

It's not my opinion, that is why I wrote "ARGUABLY". I don't think Anderson Silva is the best fighter in the world, but many people (including this website) do:

http://www.sherdog.com/news/rankings.asp?n_id=9658

EolGul2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 EolGul2

I dunno, dude. That guy looks like he's got some crazy moves and a good monkey scream but I think Bruce Lee is still the champion of a$$ kicking.nooblet69

Silva doesn't have a script, coreogrophers, a bunch of actors, and editors to make him look good. He does it in real life.