The best rap group of all time (no contest)

• 126 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Stryking_Fyre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 Stryking_Fyre
Member since 2005 • 1497 Posts

Who, in your opinion is the best rap group of all time?

In my mind I think it's no contest... Bone Thugs N Harmony in a landslide.

Tha Crossroads alone destroys every other track out there produced by a group. 

CrimzonTide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2 CrimzonTide
Member since 2007 • 12187 Posts
No one!
Stryking_Fyre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Stryking_Fyre
No one!CrimzonTide
Because you're so smart. And likely too stupid to understand the meaning of the deep lyrics constantly associated with their music. Which, by the way is better than any Rock I've ever heard.
ElSnoopy892

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 ElSnoopy892
Member since 2006 • 2300 Posts
The Beastie Boys.
K0PaSk4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 K0PaSk4
Member since 2004 • 15646 Posts
Tribe Called Quest.
Avatar image for freakyzeeky1986
freakyzeeky1986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#6 freakyzeeky1986
Member since 2005 • 19711 Posts
Wu-Tang Clan... 8)
conhaire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 conhaire
Member since 2006 • 369 Posts
Beastie Boys fo sho.
TheHimura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 TheHimura
Member since 2005 • 9297 Posts
It has to be a group? I guess NWA or Bone Thugs-N-Harmony.
ExiledHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 ExiledHero
Member since 2007 • 184 Posts
Has to be between Wu-tang clan or Run DMC.
Diablo112688

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Diablo112688
Member since 2003 • 8345 Posts

[QUOTE="CrimzonTide"]No one!Stryking_Fyre
Because you're so smart. And likely too stupid to understand the meaning of the deep lyrics constantly associated with their music. Which, by the way is better than any Rock I've ever heard.

You had a good statement before your "Which, by the way is better than any Rock I've ever heard," comment. 

littletimmy81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 littletimmy81
Member since 2005 • 365 Posts
Public Ememy fo sho (by the way im like the whitest person aliv (see the kingdom hearts pic on top of my user name), so dont be trippin))
CrimzonTide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 CrimzonTide

Ouch, hold on I need to go get a bandaid from that one. And by the way listen to some Bob Dylan or Van Morrison if you think rock lyrics can't be "deep".

cool_baller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 cool_baller
Member since 2003 • 12493 Posts
The Beastie Boys.ElSnoopy892
/thread
Avatar image for bebopoutlaw3gun
bebopoutlaw3gun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 bebopoutlaw3gun
Member since 2004 • 5584 Posts

Easily Wu-Tang....

I like ICP a lot too...but...yeah...that's a touchy subject....

TheHimura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 TheHimura
Public Ememy fo sho (by the way im like the whitest person aliv (see the kingdom hearts pic on top of my user name), so dont be trippin))littletimmy81
Uhh, I'm white too, but that has nothing to do with what music you listen to.
littletimmy81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 littletimmy81

But come on Public Ememy is awesome who agrees?

pokekombat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 pokekombat
Member since 2006 • 461 Posts

thats hard one

ummm  

bone thugz N Harmony,wu-tang clan, public enemy, Junior M.a.f.i.a.,NWA

i dont know one of those 

Avatar image for ILoveBeingDrunk
ILoveBeingDrunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 ILoveBeingDrunk
Member since 2006 • 890 Posts
Run DMC or Public Enemy or NWA. All released what I consider to be the best rap albums ever; Public Enemy - It Takes A Nation Of Millions To Hold Us Back Run DMC - Raising Hell NWA - Straight Outta Compton.
npatel1447

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 npatel1447
Member since 2006 • 400 Posts
eminem is the best rapper ever!
JamesEFresH17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 JamesEFresH17
Member since 2006 • 595 Posts

RUN: DMC

no contest

then public enemy 

zayl99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 zayl99
Member since 2007 • 614 Posts

You lost all credibility after, "Which, by the way is better than any Rock I've ever heard" You're not even open to the idea that maybe... just maybe there's deep lyrics in Rock. There do seem to be more Rap Groups with deep lyrics but there are some rock bands with deep lyrics as well... Just not the genre I listen to :P.
SaintLeonidas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#22 SaintLeonidas
Member since 2006 • 26735 Posts
theres no such as a good rap group.
npatel1447

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 npatel1447
Member since 2006 • 400 Posts
no such this as a good rap group now...some rap is good when it lives up to the rap name. btw, rap stans for rhythm and poetry.
TheHimura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 TheHimura
theres no such as a good rap group.SaintLeonidas
I wish there was more use of the acronym "IMO", even though I hate acronyms.
SaintLeonidas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 SaintLeonidas

oh yeah i love listening to songs about ho's, drugs, pimps, or "gangstas". The only gangstas were the mob, now any poor man from the ghetto who wears his pants at his ankles and thinks violence is the answer thinks hes a gangsta, i dont think so.

Stryking_Fyre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Stryking_Fyre
[QUOTE="Stryking_Fyre"][QUOTE="CrimzonTide"]No one!zayl99

You lost all credibility after, "Which, by the way is better than any Rock I've ever heard" You're not even open to the idea that maybe... just maybe there's deep lyrics in Rock. There do seem to be more Rap Groups with deep lyrics but there are some rock bands with deep lyrics as well... Just not the genre I listen to :P.

Yeah, i threw it on because I'm tired of Rock fans always acting like there is nothing that comes close. Obviously tongue in cheek considering I also enjoy (old) rock as well.
Stryking_Fyre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Stryking_Fyre
[QUOTE="Stryking_Fyre"][QUOTE="CrimzonTide"]No one!zayl99

Yeah, i threw it on because I'm tired of Rock fans always acting like there is nothing that comes close. Obviously tongue in cheek considering I also enjoy (old) rock as well.
ILoveBeingDrunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 ILoveBeingDrunk
theres no such as a good rap group.SaintLeonidas
Your so incredibly open minded! Seriously I used to hate metal, then I started to listen to Ozzy Osbourne and Black Sabbath and loved it :D. Now I just hate nu metal and any sort of metal where anyone ****ing screams. Listen to some rap and maybe you'll enjoy it... Only old rap though really or non mainstream rap.
SaintLeonidas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 SaintLeonidas

[QUOTE="zayl99"][QUOTE="Stryking_Fyre"][QUOTE="CrimzonTide"]No one!Stryking_Fyre

rap is guys singing infront of computer made music. anyone can do it. Rock is people who are skilled in many instruments working together to make music.Rockstars actually play music.

GungraveZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#30 GungraveZero
Member since 2004 • 2791 Posts
Run DMC
Stryking_Fyre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Stryking_Fyre
no such this as a good rap group now...some rap is good when it lives up to the rap name. btw, rap stans for rhythm and poetry.npatel1447
Rhythm and Poetry.... Bone Thugs N harmony is an amazing group if you're going by that.
CrimzonTide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 CrimzonTide

[QUOTE="zayl99"][QUOTE="Stryking_Fyre"][QUOTE="CrimzonTide"]No one!Stryking_Fyre

Just as I can listen to the Grandmaster Flashes of the world, but anything new and less true to the roots boggles my mind how anyone can lsiten too it...

pokekombat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 pokekombat
Member since 2006 • 461 Posts
no i change my mind i got the best...dead prez
ILoveBeingDrunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 ILoveBeingDrunk

[QUOTE="Stryking_Fyre"][QUOTE="CrimzonTide"]No one!SaintLeonidas

oh yeah i love listening to songs about ho's, drugs, pimps, or "gangstas". The only gangstas were the mob, now any poor man from the ghetto who wears his pants at his ankles and thinks violence is the answer thinks hes a gangsta, i dont think so.

Wow.. not only are you open minded but you generalize constantly.
Avatar image for sawthehorns8191
sawthehorns8191

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 sawthehorns8191
Member since 2006 • 204 Posts
the black wall street,color changin click,trillville
SaintLeonidas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 SaintLeonidas

[QUOTE="SaintLeonidas"]theres no such as a good rap group.ILoveBeingDrunk
Your so incredibly open minded! Seriously I used to hate metal, then I started to listen to Ozzy Osbourne and Black Sabbath and loved it :D. Now I just hate nu metal and any sort of metal where anyone ****ing screams. Listen to some rap and maybe you'll enjoy it... Only old rap though really or non mainstream rap.

one thing i hate is how this music is becomeing an influence on kids. Im sick of seeing kids walking around showing there underwear to the world, thinking tthere gangstas, acting all tough.

Stryking_Fyre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Stryking_Fyre

Why don't you actually listen to a few songs from Bone Thugs N harmony like Crossroads and then come talk instead of making baseless and idiotic statements that make you look like a fool.
littletimmy81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 littletimmy81
classic rap is not todays rap, when rap was just starting the lyrics stood for something, and obviously rap doesnt suck if three six mafia can win an oscar for it, so stick that up your pooper!
quiglythegreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 quiglythegreat
Member since 2006 • 16886 Posts
The Roots are my favorite. I don't listen to enough rap to proclaim 'the best'.
TheHimura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 TheHimura

rap is guys singing infront of computer made music. anyone can do it. Rock is people who are skilled in many instruments working together to make music.Rockstars actually play music.SaintLeonidas

I knew the big rap vs. rock debate was going to start in this thread. Even though you all are going to keep arguing, this is going to be the final outcome: All genres of music (and don't say that rap isn't music; that's cliched) take talent.

Stryking_Fyre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Stryking_Fyre

[QUOTE="Stryking_Fyre"][QUOTE="zayl99"][QUOTE="Stryking_Fyre"][QUOTE="CrimzonTide"]No one!SaintLeonidas

rap is guys singing infront of computer made music. anyone can do it. Rock is people who are skilled in many instruments working together to make music.Rockstars actually play music.

I would absolutely love to hear you make a song that compares to Thuggish Ruggish Bone or Crossroads.... If you can even come close to hitting those synchronized harmonics I'll be amazed. I'll be waiting for the video on youtube even though I have a better chance of winning the powerball lottery.
SaintLeonidas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 SaintLeonidas
[QUOTE="SaintLeonidas"]

[QUOTE="Stryking_Fyre"][QUOTE="CrimzonTide"]No one!Stryking_Fyre

Why don't you actually listen to a few songs from Bone Thugs N harmony like Crossroads and then come talk instead of making baseless and idiotic statements that make you look like a fool.

i dont see the point in listening to a guy ramble on, i like listening to good rifts and solos, or a great drummer or guitarists.

quiglythegreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 quiglythegreat
Member since 2006 • 16886 Posts
No one!CrimzonTide
That doesn't even make sense. However much you probably dislike rap, there is still a 'best' of that genre.
ILoveBeingDrunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 ILoveBeingDrunk

[QUOTE="ILoveBeingDrunk"][QUOTE="SaintLeonidas"]theres no such as a good rap group.SaintLeonidas

one thing i hate is how this music is becomeing an influence on kids. Im sick of seeing kids walking around showing there underwear to the world, thinking tthere gangstas, acting all tough.

Well on that I could say I'm sick of seeing kids walk around with long hair and constant rock T-shirts on. I'm sick of seeing metalheads constantly with their heads down and with piercings. I'm sick of seeing emos with constant black clothing on and fake black tears drawn on their faces with pen. I'm sick of seeing goths walking around with all black clothing acting like wankers as you walk past them feeling intimidated. All music influences kids dumbass.
Stryking_Fyre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Stryking_Fyre
[QUOTE="Stryking_Fyre"][QUOTE="SaintLeonidas"]

i dont see the point in listening to a guy ramble on, i like listening to good rifts and solos, or a great drummer or guitarists.

Obviously you have no idea what this song is about or what the group is about for that matter. One of the greatest of all time, agreed upon by every major music outlet there is.
CrimzonTide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 CrimzonTide

[QUOTE="CrimzonTide"]No one!quiglythegreat
That doesn't even make sense. However much you probably dislike rap, there is still a 'best' of that genre.

Lol, there goes all my basis for belief in this world. :cry: Thanks.

TheHimura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 TheHimura
I would absolutely love to hear you make a song that compares to Thuggish Ruggish Bone or Crossroads.... If you can even come close to hitting those synchronized harmonics I'll be amazed. I'll be waiting for the video on youtube even though I have a better chance of winning the powerball lottery.Stryking_Fyre
I'll quote you on this whenever you win the powerball lottery. ;)
SinkO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 SinkO
Member since 2005 • 1908 Posts
I'd say A Tribe Called Quest.
SaintLeonidas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 SaintLeonidas
[QUOTE="SaintLeonidas"]

rap is guys singing infront of computer made music. anyone can do it. Rock is people who are skilled in many instruments working together to make music.Rockstars actually play music.TheHimura

I knew the big rap vs. rock debate was going to start in this thread. Even though you all are going to keep arguing, this is going to be the final outcome: All genres of music (and don't say that rap isn't music; that's cliched) take talent.

it takes more talent to learn to perfect the guitar and become great.