The Axis of the Abhorred: North Korea, Iran and the United States

This topic is locked from further discussion.

TheAker2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 TheAker2000
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

In his 2002 State of the Union speech, President George W. Bush proclaimed that the trio of North Korea, Iran and Iraq constituted an "axis of evil," borrowing the term used to identify the allied enemies during World War II; the axis powers, which consisted of Hitler's Nazi Germany, Mussolini-controlled Italy, and Imperial Japan.  Bush said that of this new axis that, "the price of [their] indifference would be catastrophic."

With that, President Bush has already eliminated one member of the axis of evil (Iraq), is bending over backwards to appease another (North Korea), and is dangling a carrot in front of the third to bring them to a negating table over their very real nuclear program (Iran).

Well, move over axis of evil, there is a new axis in town, the axis of the abhorred. Consisting of the two remaining axis of evil members plus, you guessed it, the United States. Bush's words have now come full circle, and the price of Bush's indifference was the world's opinion of the US.

In a recent poll conducted by GlobalScan, BBC World Service surveyed 28,389 people in 27 different countries. The poll asked the interviewees to rate other countries as either a mostly positive influence in the world, or as a mostly negative influence. Three of the four most negatively rated countries are - in order - North Korea (48% negative), United States (51% negative) and Iran (54% negative). For the curious minded, the most negatively viewed country was Israel, at 56%.

The rest of the article can be found here: http://www.revrob.com

Boy, I sure am glad to be a Democrat! LOL!

Hewkii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Hewkii
Member since 2006 • 26339 Posts
For the curious minded, the most negatively viewed country was Israel, at 56%. TheAker2000
somehow, I think I know which region these surveys were in.
dholmes19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 dholmes19
Member since 2006 • 1805 Posts
i didnt vote for the incompetent man who leads our contry
TheAker2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 TheAker2000

[QUOTE="TheAker2000"]For the curious minded, the most negatively viewed country was Israel, at 56%. Hewkii
somehow, I think I know which region these surveys were in.

LOL! Dude, you did not read the whole article. It's right here: http://www.revrob.com/

Here is a quote from it:

Here at home, 51% of Americans view the nation as being a primarily negative influence throughout the world.

Ya, part of the region is us!

TheAker2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 TheAker2000

i didnt vote for the incompetent man who leads our contrydholmes19

Me either!

OODALOOP