The avengers VS gaurdians of the galaxy

This topic is locked from further discussion.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 indzman
Member since 2006 • 27736 Posts

Which you enjoyed most and why?

I enjoyed Gaurdians of the galaxy most for its superior sci fi setting, tottally funny protagonists, the whole 80's music vibe.

Action wise The Avengers was better and Hulk was the only protagonist who i enjoyed.Still i enjoyed GOTG more over The Avengers.

wbu guys? :)

AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2  Edited By AFBrat77
Member since 2004 • 26848 Posts

I liked Guardians of the Galaxy much more.....I also liked CA: Winter Soldier much better than Avengers. I thought The Avengers was overrated.

Avatar image for deactivated-598fc45371265
deactivated-598fc45371265

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3  Edited By deactivated-598fc45371265
Member since 2008 • 13247 Posts

I dislike Guardians. I didn't find it all that funny and I found the "world" it takes place in kind of strange. It's a bit like a weird Space Dandy-esque anime, not something that translates that well to live action cinema. And I pretty much loathe characters like Star Lord.

Avengers worked well enough though. It benefited from having it's characters fully introduced in previous movies.

Avatar image for LostProphetFLCL
LostProphetFLCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 LostProphetFLCL
Member since 2006 • 18526 Posts

I liked Guardians better simply as the characters are better IMO. They all had their own motivations and very unique personalities rather than just a simple group of good guys fighting for what is right.

SaintLeonidas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By SaintLeonidas
Member since 2006 • 26735 Posts

'The Avengers' by a wide margin. Didn't think GOTG was all that great. Fun, but its attempts at humor at every turn got old very fast. Plus I think the interaction between characters in 'The Avengers', especially their conflicts, were much more interesting. Plus Loki is a much better villain.

iloveatlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6 iloveatlus
Member since 2009 • 599 Posts

I enjoy avengers more. Some of the comedy in Guardian of the galaxy was kinda cheesy to me

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178845 Posts

Hmm....I liked both movies a lot on first viewing. When I watched Avengers again I still liked the movie but the atmosphere was not the same. I imagine it will be like that when I pick up Guardians as well.

As for better....I like RDJ as Iron Man and I like Loki as a villain better than anything in particular in GotG. Either movie is an enjoyable watch though.

Brutal_Elitegs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Brutal_Elitegs
Member since 2004 • 16426 Posts

Guardians of the Galaxy.

verbalfilth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 verbalfilth
Member since 2006 • 5043 Posts

Guardians of the galaxy has a slight edge. Can't really say I found myself as enthralled as most people were with both movies. They all seemed a bit too campy for my taste. I much prefer the DC movies/animations...they capture the darkness of the comics I grew up with.

Marvel movies/animations seem very...tame.

On that note, hopefully DC will get around to making a Lobo movie in response to the Guardians of the galaxy.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36040 Posts

For me the Avengers was much better. I enjoyed Guardians, but it suffered from not being able to take itself seriously. Not to mention that it had one of the latest villains in recent history.

Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

I think the villains were better in Avengers as opposed to Guardians. The protagonists in Guardians were a little bit better than the ones in Avengers.

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

with how well guardians did i expect the starjammers to show up in the next x-men movie.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58965 Posts

The Seven Samurai.

hippiesanta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14  Edited By hippiesanta
Member since 2005 • 10301 Posts

Guardian is overly funny .... and avengers trying to be funny.

That is why I prefer Mockingjay ... lol

Catalli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#15 Catalli  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 3453 Posts

I had more fun with GotG, but I think the epicness will come once they join the two (which everyone knows is coming. You saw the tesseract in Guardians in that one scene, and Thanos in the Avengers huehuehue)

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#16 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

Almost every movie since the first Iron Man has been a step up from the one previous (I think the only one that doesn't apply is Iron Man 2). Guardians is the most recent outing and by far the best (the direction and writing was outstanding).

The only thing that disappointed me about it was the lack of Richard Rider. But that's hardly a complaint because he is likely going to be in Guardians 2 and it is rumoured that he is being played by Nathan Fillion, which would be epic beyond all regard.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#17 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
@ianhh6 said:

I had more fun with GotG, but I think the epicness will come once they join the two (which everyone knows is coming. You saw the tesseract in Guardians in that one scene, and Thanos in the Avengers huehuehue)

Infinity War Part 1 2018

Can't wait.

Catalli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Catalli  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 3453 Posts

@foxhound_fox said:
@ianhh6 said:

Infinity War Part 1 2018

Can't wait.

Marvel's really giving us all a treat this decade :D

Avatar image for LostProphetFLCL
LostProphetFLCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By LostProphetFLCL
Member since 2006 • 18526 Posts

@ianhh6 said:

@foxhound_fox said:
@ianhh6 said:

Infinity War Part 1 2018

Can't wait.

Marvel's really giving us all a treat this decade :D

Yup. 3 more Avengers movies in the future, another Guardians movie, AND Doctor Strange!

Cannot fucking WAIT!!!

Flubbbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Flubbbs
Member since 2010 • 4968 Posts

Guardians was much better. didnt care for The Avengers that much at all

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#21 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@indzman said:

I enjoyed Gaurdians of the galaxy most for its superior sci fi setting, tottally funny protagonists, the whole 80's music vibe.

Action wise The Avengers was better and Hulk was the only protagonist who i enjoyed.Still i enjoyed GOTG more over The Avengers.

Considering that Guardians has Chris "iamdumberthenawetpieceofcardboard" platt i would say Avengers wins hands down 365 days of the year.

Chris Platt is one of those new actors together with the chicks from Twilight and Hunger Games that has 1 expression and yet somehow manage to win the hearts of the casting directors. It´s almost like they pay with something else to become this "famous"

I can still laugh over the Snowwhite movie where Stewart was supposed to be better looking than Theron .... lol its like comparing crap to diamonds.

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

@Jacanuk said:

@indzman said:

Considering that Guardians has Chris "iamdumberthenawetpieceofcardboard" platt i would say Avengers wins hands down 365 days of the year.

Chris Platt is one of those new actors together with the chicks from Twilight and Hunger Games that has 1 expression and yet somehow manage to win the hearts of the casting directors. It´s almost like they pay with something else to become this "famous"

I can still laugh over the Snowwhite movie where Stewart was supposed to be better looking than Theron .... lol its like comparing crap to diamonds.

I like Chris Pratt he was good in "Parks & Recreation" and he got himself into good shape for this film too.

Guardians of Galaxy is my favorite super hero movie, I liked all the characters and the actions and it constantly made me laugh.

SaintLeonidas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 SaintLeonidas
Member since 2006 • 26735 Posts

@Jacanuk said:

@indzman said:

LMAO...how about you learn to spell his name correctly before trying to pass judgement.