The Avengers: Age of Ultron, Trailer #3 MONEY SHOT!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

moinsyyed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By moinsyyed
Member since 2014 • 181 Posts

here's the money shot!

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56095 Posts

I'm more excited for Ant-Man.

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

User Lists: 0

#3 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

To be perfectly honest, I didn't care much for the first one. I don't really have an interest in this one.

moinsyyed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 moinsyyed

@turtlethetaffer: and to be honest, you are entitled to that opinion. But since we're being mutually honest here, I disagree with that opinion.

CrimsonBrute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#5 CrimsonBrute  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 25603 Posts

That scene looks so cheap. Just... terrible. The movie as a whole looks decent.

turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 turtlethetaffer

@moinsyyed: You and most other people. I didn't hate it by any means but it was nothing but fan service to me, and I didn't care enough about any of the characters to really give a damn. I enjoyed the Iron Man movies by themselves and Cpt. America 2 a lot more. The rest just don't do it for me.

moinsyyed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 moinsyyed

@crimsonbrute: cant wait for 'the vision' :)

SaintLeonidas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 SaintLeonidas
Member since 2006 • 26735 Posts

Look epic. Much excite.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebea105efb64
deactivated-5ebea105efb64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 deactivated-5ebea105efb64
Member since 2013 • 7262 Posts

Is hulk taking a selfie?

moinsyyed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 moinsyyed

@Gamerno6666: when I saw that trailer, I be like...

gago-gago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11  Edited By gago-gago
Member since 2009 • 12138 Posts

I didn't really get exciting that much from the first trailers but this one did! May 1st is just right there!

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12  Edited By comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38677 Posts

@Gamerno6666 said:

Is hulk taking a selfie?

photobombing the scene

Shottayouth13-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Shottayouth13-
Member since 2009 • 7018 Posts

Day 1 and all that.

conquerorsaint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#14 conquerorsaint
Member since 2003 • 1338 Posts

looks deliciously lifted from a comic book page.

april 22 cant come soon enough!

SoftwareGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 SoftwareGeek
Member since 2014 • 573 Posts

EPIC. that is all.

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#16 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

@davillain- said:

I'm more excited for Ant-Man.

I'm hoping that turns out good but I'll be surprised if it was a huge success in the box office.

@Shottayouth13- said:

Day 1 and all that.

Same.

@conquerorsaint said:

looks deliciously lifted from a comic book page.

april 22 cant come soon enough!

Lucky, I want to see it a week earlier!!!

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 MrGeezer
Member since 2002 • 59765 Posts

@turtlethetaffer said:

@moinsyyed: You and most other people. I didn't hate it by any means but it was nothing but fan service to me, and I didn't care enough about any of the characters to really give a damn. I enjoyed the Iron Man movies by themselves and Cpt. America 2 a lot more. The rest just don't do it for me.

I generally agree with your sentiments. However, the thing about this 'interconnecrted cinematic universe" is that I really have no idea which movies are gonna be good and which ones are gonna be duds.Granted, I didn't think that any of the MCU movies were HORRIBLE, but I can't base my expectations on the title. Iron Man 2 and 3 sort of sucked, but Iron Man is one of my favorite out of all these movies. Captain America was sort of 'cute, but meh", but Captain America 2 also ranks right near the top when it comes to my favorite out of all these movies. Granted, I had the same feeling about The Avengers. It was kind of fun and entertaining enough, but to me it also just felt like a lot of fan service. An excuse to string together a lot of action scenes showing cool characters doing cool shit. And...that's it. Nothing else beyond that. But I can't really say that that necessarily means that Avengers 2 is gonna be more of the same.

Still, let me also be clear that ALL of these movies are sort of KIND OF the same. I mean, sure, I thought stuff like The Incredible Hulk sucked more than the others and I thought that Iron Man and Captain America 2 elevated themselves slightly above the rest of the crowd. But if I'm being honest here, ALL of these movies are just sort of superfluous fluff. Just fan service. An excuse to see cool characters do cool shit. It's just that some were executed a little bit better than others without being quite as stupid as the rest. And...that's okay. Last movie I saw was Re-Animator, and that movie was stupid as hell. But it was fun (aside from the more rapey moments). And sometimes that's enough.

Point being, ALL these movies are dumb as hell, just stupid-ass fan service. The best of them elevate themselves a little bit above that, but they're all pretty much just pop-culture fan service disposable garbage. And...I think that's kind of okay, as long as they're fun. I simply expect these movies to maintain the standard of not being HORRIBLE, and to make it seem like the filmmakers actually give a shit. After that, I HOPE these movies will be a little more Captain America 2 than The Incredible Hulk. But other than that, I'm fine with all these movies. It's casual pop-culture superhero shit taken 'seriously" and done with love. It's stupid as hell, it's mostly fan service, and the approach has usually been sort of fun without being insulting. And I really don't expect anything more than that.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#18 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

While I can't wait for more Avengers and Guardians of the Galaxy (the first one was easily the best Marvel movie to date)... having Thanos as the main antagonist in Infinity War Part 1 + 2 is going to be well beyond "epic".

turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 turtlethetaffer

@MrGeezer: Yup I pretty much agree. None of the ones I've seen are bad by any stretch of the imagination, but God I'm burned out. I just do not care about them. I felt nothing at the trailer for Ant Man and quite frankly, I'm amazed people are legitimately excited about it. The issue I had with Avengers was that, where Iron Man and Cap 2 had genuinely good/ interesting stories and such, Avengers was literally 100% fan service, which means I got nothing out of it because I'm not that huge a fan in the first place. The only reason the movie didn't end in a half hour is because the heroes were too busy being assholes to each other to stop Loki before he could get whatever the **** macguffin was in that movie. Iron Man was simply cool because it was arguably the first movie for the MCU, which meant there were no preconceived notions for it, so it could do its own thing. Cap 2 echoed things like James Bond and Bourne, with all the over the top action of the Marvel movies, and it worked very well, plus it had actual ramifications on the universe as a whole. It was also pretty murder happy, which meant the stakes felt higher than most of the other Marvel movies. But I'm expecting Avengers to be more of the same fan service fluff, so I'm not excited at all to see it.

moinsyyed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 moinsyyed

@turtlethetaffer: ant man could be fantastic or terrible

not_wanted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points