-The Anime/Manga OT Thread- NW: Magi: The Kingdom of Magic

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

User Lists: 0

#451 Young_Charter
Member since 2009 • 20067 Posts
My Favorite episode was when... [spoiler] he had to get Ray Penbar's Fiancee.. That was awesome! [/spoiler]
xWoW_Rougex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#452 xWoW_Rougex
Member since 2009 • 2793 Posts

There's a live movie of Death Note? Gotta watch that! It seems to have gotten fairly good reviews too.

ice144

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#453 ice144
Member since 2005 • 3350 Posts
So, the Bleach manga is finally interesting again.
alfredooo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#454 alfredooo
Member since 2007 • 2664 Posts

So, the Bleach manga is finally interesting again.ice144

thats great news... I don't read the manga but watch the anime and its been a huge disappointment since the soul society rescue arc.

still couldn't stop watching lol.

but good to know one of my former fav shows has a shot at being good again.

how far ahead is it from the anime?

ice144

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#455 ice144
Member since 2005 • 3350 Posts

[QUOTE="ice144"]So, the Bleach manga is finally interesting again.alfredooo

thats great news... I don't read the manga but watch the anime and its been a huge disappointment since the soul society rescue arc.

still couldn't stop watching lol.

but good to know one of my former fav shows has a shot at being good again.

how far ahead is it from the anime?

Not really that far ahead, but it's just a completely new arc has started that(so far) resembles the Bleach of old.
neji122793

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#456 neji122793
Member since 2007 • 831 Posts

My top Anime's for Sure are

In no particular order

Gundam Wing

Cowboy Bebob

Samurai Champloo

DBZ not counting trash GT

rurouni kenshin

yu yu hakusho up to Dark tournament then went down hill for me O.o

Lastly the friggin BOONDOCKS if its considered anime

I didn't add new things like One peace and Naruto etc.. since they are not done

funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#457 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts
[QUOTE="funsohng"][QUOTE="Young_Charter"]Death Note is very interesting... I should've watched this a long time ago out of all of my other animes.. lol Young_Charter
just watch it till the half way point. the first half is amazing, the latter half is painful.

till I get up to 15 or so ? I am already I think on 11- 12.. [spoiler] the episode when they were playing tennis [/spoiler]

I didn't watch the anime, only read the manga, but you are far way from the point I was referring to. maybe a little more than half way. You will know when you hit it though, it's when new characters come in.
Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#458 Young_Charter
[QUOTE="funsohng"][QUOTE="Young_Charter"][QUOTE="funsohng"] just watch it till the half way point. the first half is amazing, the latter half is painful.

till I get up to 15 or so ? I am already I think on 11- 12.. [spoiler] the episode when they were playing tennis [/spoiler]

I didn't watch the anime, only read the manga, but you are far way from the point I was referring to. maybe a little more than half way. You will know when you hit it though, it's when new characters come in.

o ok.. Im taking my time on it since there is only like 25 episodes
Miroku32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#459 Miroku32
Member since 2006 • 8666 Posts
So, the Bleach manga is finally interesting again.ice144
Yeah, it seems Kubo might redeem himself. Let's hope so because after the boring Arrancar, Hueco Mundo, FKT and [spoiler] Deicide [/spoiler] arcs my hopes for Bleach weren't high. On supposition, a friend of mine belives that [spoiler] the ramen guy is Aizen [/spoiler]
6_volts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#460 6_volts
Member since 2008 • 5520 Posts
So who do you guys think is/are the strongest anime character(s) in existence? I choose the gold knights from Saint Seiya (each gold knight is strong enough to solo the entire DBZ universe)
Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#461 Young_Charter
I wish they made a Scott Pilgrim Anime/Cartoon... To me that'll be hott
I_Stole_the_Tv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#462 I_Stole_the_Tv
Member since 2005 • 1332 Posts

I keep meaning to start watching anime again but I usually just can't decide on a series. Any recommendations would be cool. I have a lot that I haven't watched but hope to one day, lol.

Anyway, some of my favorites: Legend of Galactic Heroes, Paranoia Agent, Boogiepop Phantom, Monster, Gankutsuou, Mushishi, Bartender, Baccano!, GTO, Yakitate!! Japan, Hajime no Ippo, etc.

Darthkaiser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#463 Darthkaiser
Member since 2006 • 12447 Posts
[QUOTE="Young_Charter"]Death Note is very interesting... I should've watched this a long time ago out of all of my other animes.. lol funsohng
just watch it till the half way point. the first half is amazing, the latter half is painful.

I watched it all but to me it ended when [spoiler] L dies [/spoiler] Everything after that is torture, specially [spoiler] The Ending [/spoiler]
alfredooo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#464 alfredooo

So who do you guys think is/are the strongest anime character(s) in existence? I choose the gold knights from Saint Seiya (each gold knight is strong enough to solo the entire DBZ universe)6_volts

haruhi?

kinda cheap but god is god.

Darthkaiser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#465 Darthkaiser
Member since 2006 • 12447 Posts

[QUOTE="6_volts"]So who do you guys think is/are the strongest anime character(s) in existence? I choose the gold knights from Saint Seiya (each gold knight is strong enough to solo the entire DBZ universe)alfredooo

haruhi?

Zaraki Kenpachi with a Bankai can easily own gold saints and perhaps goku ;P
Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#466 Young_Charter
After Death Note, what should I watch next ? Im looking for a hilarious but also Romance anime like Toradora
xWoW_Rougex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#467 xWoW_Rougex

After Death Note, what should I watch next ? Im looking for a hilarious but also Romance anime like Toradora Young_Charter

If you want another anime like that... (modern time, school)... School Rumble or Fruits Basket! School Rumble is actually really good and Harima Kenji is one of the coolest looking characters ever.

If not, Spice and Wolf.

Sphire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#468 Sphire
Member since 2004 • 2081 Posts

[QUOTE="Young_Charter"]After Death Note, what should I watch next ? Im looking for a hilarious but also Romance anime like Toradora xWoW_Rougex

If you want another anime like that... (modern time, school)... School Rumble or Fruits Basket! School Rumble is actually really good and Harima Kenji is one of the coolest looking characters ever.

If not, Spice and Wolf.

School Rumble Forever! It still remains my favourite anime/manga. Damn it was a great ride. However I'd say SR is more Romantic comedy with a touch of drama, while Toradora is Romantic drama with a touch of comedy.

I'd say Toradora is more in the vein of shows like Clannad, Kanon, True Tears, Honey and Clover and indeed Spice and Wolf.

While School Rumble is more akin to Hayate no Gotoku and Seto no Hanayome.

All of them have romance and comedy though YC, and they're all really good in their own way, and I'd never not recommend School Rumble to anyone.

Infinite_Power

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#469 Infinite_Power
Member since 2009 • 139 Posts
anyone here watched 'Saki', i love it cos it reminds me of yugioh
Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#470 Young_Charter
Is this an anime ? The Game looks hot http://www.gamespot.com/psp/action/kenkabanchou3zenkokuseiha/review.html
Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#471 Young_Charter

[QUOTE="xWoW_Rougex"]

[QUOTE="Young_Charter"]After Death Note, what should I watch next ? Im looking for a hilarious but also Romance anime like Toradora Sphire

If not, Spice and Wolf.

School Rumble Forever! It still remains my favourite anime/manga. Damn it was a great ride. However I'd say SR is more Romantic comedy with a touch of drama, while Toradora is Romantic drama with a touch of comedy.

I'd say Toradora is more in the vein of shows like Clannad, Kanon, True Tears, Honey and Clover and indeed Spice and Wolf.

All of them have romance and comedy though YC, and they're all really good in their own way, and I'd never not recommend School Rumble to anyone.

Well I found Toradora to be frickin hilarious but the Drama in in also mixed with romance made it Mazing. So School Rumble will be this way or better ?

Sphire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#472 Sphire

[QUOTE="Sphire"]

Young_Charter

Well I found Toradora to be frickin hilarious but the Drama in in also mixed with romance made it Mazing. So School Rumble will be this way or better ?

Hmm, it was a bit different for me, sure I remember laughing at times watching Toradora, but I can't really recall those specific scenarios now, whereas I can easily recall the drama in the show. The anime I stated in the same line as Toradora, have sorta the same effect. If you reallly want/like heavy drama associated with your romantic comedy, then those are good shows. While they may have some comedy in it, it's usually the drama that drives the show. Those shows I mentioned might be your best bet if you haven't seen them, and you'd prefer something similar to Toradora.

SR is different. If your main aim is for lots of comedy/hilarity (even more than in Toradora), especially highschool/romance comedy then School Rumble should deliver. The drama side is much lighter than Toradora though. In essence, it's less serious. It still manages to move the story/plot along though even with little drama. At least one of the best things about SR is that it isn't a typical harem romance, like almost every other show I mentioned. The only downside to SR is that there isn't a proper third season of the show.

anyone here watched 'Saki', i love it cos it reminds me of yugioh Infinite_Power

Saki was an awesomely fun watch, even if I don't understand mahjong.

6_volts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#473 6_volts
[QUOTE="alfredooo"]

[QUOTE="6_volts"]So who do you guys think is/are the strongest anime character(s) in existence? I choose the gold knights from Saint Seiya (each gold knight is strong enough to solo the entire DBZ universe)Darthkaiser

haruhi?

Really? what is he capable of doing?
Miroku32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#474 Miroku32

[QUOTE="Darthkaiser"][QUOTE="alfredooo"]

haruhi?

6_volts

The guy is a shinigami with the most powerful spiritual energy. He needs to use an eyepatch for seal a good deal of his powers. With only using a Shikai (don't believe me but I think he is the same case as Ichigo, can't seal his sword) he can make some serious damage. With a bankai that is a more powerful state of his sword... And that without including hollow powers.

6_volts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#475 6_volts

[QUOTE="6_volts"][QUOTE="Darthkaiser"] Zaraki Kenpachi with a Bankai can easily own gold saints and perhaps goku ;PMiroku32

The guy is a shinigami with the most powerful spiritual energy. He needs to use an eyepatch for seal a good deal of his powers. With only using a Shikai (don't believe me but I think he is the same case as Ichigo, can't seal his sword) he can make some serious damage. With a bankai that is a more powerful state of his sword... And that without including hollow powers.

But what's his fighting speed? destructive power? endurance? etc...
Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#476 Young_Charter

[QUOTE="Young_Charter"]

[QUOTE="Sphire"] Well I found Toradora to be frickin hilarious but the Drama in in also mixed with romance made it Mazing. So School Rumble will be this way or better ?

Sphire

Hmm, it was a bit different for me, sure I remember laughing at times watching Toradora, but I can't really recall those specific scenarios now, whereas I can easily recall the drama in the show. The anime I stated in the same line as Toradora, have sorta the same effect. If you reallly want/like heavy drama associated with your romantic comedy, then those are good shows. While they may have some comedy in it, it's usually the drama that drives the show. Those shows I mentioned might be your best bet if you haven't seen them, and you'd prefer something similar to Toradora.

SR is different. If your main aim is for lots of comedy/hilarity (even more than in Toradora), especially highschool/romance comedy then School Rumble should deliver. The drama side is much lighter than Toradora though. In essence, it's less serious. It still manages to move the story/plot along though even with little drama. At least one of the best things about SR is that it isn't a typical harem romance, like almost every other show I mentioned. The only downside to SR is that there isn't a proper third season of the show.

anyone here watched 'Saki', i love it cos it reminds me of yugioh Infinite_Power

Saki was an awesomely fun watch, even if I don't understand mahjong.

I see... Wel after Death Note I'll check it out... Specially since you took the time to detail it.. I love it when people detail and explain to me why I should spend a few hours or minutes on these episodes :)
Avatar image for deactivated-5c8e4e07d5510
deactivated-5c8e4e07d5510

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#477 deactivated-5c8e4e07d5510
Member since 2007 • 17401 Posts
Well I found Toradora to be frickin hilarious but the Drama in in also mixed with romance made it Mazing. So School Rumble will be this way or better ?Young_Charter
School Rumble is pretty good, but not as good as Toradora. Read the manga though, it goes a lot further.
branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#478 branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts
[QUOTE="Miroku32"]

[QUOTE="6_volts"] Really? what is he capable of doing?6_volts

In Bleach, higher spirit energy=more power, more speed. Endurance is a given. It's basically the same in DBZ, Hokuto No Ken, Yu Yu Hakusho, and Naruto.
Infinite_Power

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#479 Infinite_Power
Member since 2009 • 139 Posts
yeh, i dont understand mahjong too, is the actual game in real life that complicated like in the anime? saki is actually a very good anime
Miroku32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#480 Miroku32
[QUOTE="Miroku32"]

[QUOTE="6_volts"] Really? what is he capable of doing?6_volts

His spiritual power is his endurance, speed and power. Ichigo when he first fought Kenpachi couldn't damage him, in fact, instead of cutting him he cut himself thanks to Kenpachi's energy.
Sphire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#481 Sphire

yeh, i dont understand mahjong too, is the actual game in real life that complicated like in the anime? saki is actually a very good animeInfinite_Power

Nah I wouldn't know. It's not like it inspired me to learn mahjong. It was a nice fun watch though.

Who's watching Index? Can't say I'm all that into it, enjoyed watching Railgun more. But at least Accelerator makes an appearance now and then.

6_volts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#482 6_volts

[QUOTE="6_volts"][QUOTE="Miroku32"] The guy is a shinigami with the most powerful spiritual energy. He needs to use an eyepatch for seal a good deal of his powers. With only using a Shikai (don't believe me but I think he is the same case as Ichigo, can't seal his sword) he can make some serious damage. With a bankai that is a more powerful state of his sword... And that without including hollow powers.

Miroku32

His spiritual power is his endurance, speed and power. Ichigo when he first fought Kenpachi couldn't damage him, in fact, instead of cutting him he cut himself thanks to Kenpachi's energy.

So I checked him out and apparently his fighting speed is hypersonic, sorry but I don't think that's enough to defeat any of the gold knights.

Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#483 Young_Charter
[QUOTE="Young_Charter"]Well I found Toradora to be frickin hilarious but the Drama in in also mixed with romance made it Mazing. So School Rumble will be this way or better ?Guppy507
School Rumble is pretty good, but not as good as Toradora. Read the manga though, it goes a lot further.

Ok, thanks
Avatar image for ULTIMATEZWARRIO
ULTIMATEZWARRIO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#484 ULTIMATEZWARRIO
Member since 2004 • 6026 Posts
I would actually recommend Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann (a lot of people have being saying Gurren Lagann, but that is an english show that does disservice the integrity of the anime). I would also recommend Eureka 7 and Code Geass.
Miroku32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#485 Miroku32
I would actually recommend Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann (a lot of people have being saying Gurren Lagann, but that is an english show that does disservice the integrity of the anime). I would also recommend Eureka 7 and Code Geass.ULTIMATEZWARRIO
I have saw some episodes the first and I didn't understand it at all. No offense but I believe in the mechas area Code Geass is one of the best out there.
ULTIMATEZWARRIO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#486 ULTIMATEZWARRIO
[QUOTE="ULTIMATEZWARRIO"]I would actually recommend Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann (a lot of people have being saying Gurren Lagann, but that is an english show that does disservice the integrity of the anime). I would also recommend Eureka 7 and Code Geass.Miroku32
I have saw some episodes the first and I didn't understand it at all. No offense but I believe in the mechas area Code Geass is one of the best out there.

The Three animes i mentioned just so happened to contain mechas but in no way are they about them. TTGL has possibly the most epic story out there, E7 has a beautiful story, and CG is just brilliant (it is almost flawless, except the transition from R1 to R2)
xWoW_Rougex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#487 xWoW_Rougex

[QUOTE="Miroku32"][QUOTE="ULTIMATEZWARRIO"]I would actually recommend Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann (a lot of people have being saying Gurren Lagann, but that is an english show that does disservice the integrity of the anime). I would also recommend Eureka 7 and Code Geass.ULTIMATEZWARRIO

The Three animes i mentioned just so happened to contain mechas but in no way are they about them. TTGL has possibly the most epic story out there, E7 has a beautiful story, and CG is just brilliant (it is almost flawless, except the transition from R1 to R2)

Still they contain mechas and a lot of it so you better make sure you can stand it. Personally I do not like robots very much at all. I haven't watched Eureka 7 but the two others are good. Although I got a bit tired of all the combat, Tengens EXTREME DRILLAAALAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA stuff was cool the first or maybe second time but it just kept going and going and going until it became ridiculous. I remember having a hard time liking Code Geass because of the robot stuff but looking back I can say it's great.

ULTIMATEZWARRIO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#488 ULTIMATEZWARRIO
Yea, you should definitely watch Eureka 7 of all of the three because it is more heavily story oriented than the others, and they do a great job of character growth and development. Well now that I think about it they all have great character development but, I think E7 does it the best.
Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#489 Young_Charter
I would actually recommend Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann (a lot of people have being saying Gurren Lagann, but that is an english show that does disservice the integrity of the anime). I would also recommend Eureka 7 and Code Geass.ULTIMATEZWARRIO
I gotta watch that
Jelley0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#490 Jelley0
Member since 2009 • 1867 Posts

Invader Zim is an anime? Since when?

superdum2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#491 superdum2
Member since 2009 • 1558 Posts

[QUOTE="superdum2"]

http://myanimelist.net/profile/superdum2

theres my mal i also make amvs but most of them suck the one im working on now i feal will have a great outcome

http://www.youtube.com/user/superdum2

alfredooo

you are watching fma brotherhood too?

just finished that last night, pretty awesome. I got to a point were I couldn't stop watching.

im considering droping it but i may finish it here soon
Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#492 Young_Charter

Invader Zim is an anime? Since when?

Jelley0
its no lol the picture had it on there but I didnt care :P
Avatar image for deactivated-6016e81e8e30f
deactivated-6016e81e8e30f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#493 deactivated-6016e81e8e30f
Member since 2009 • 12955 Posts
Watched an episode of Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt yesterday at a friend's house. That show is... something else. Gainax comes up with some weird stuff.
Miroku32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#494 Miroku32
Yea, you should definitely watch Eureka 7 of all of the three because it is more heavily story oriented than the others, and they do a great job of character growth and development. Well now that I think about it they all have great character development but, I think E7 does it the best.ULTIMATEZWARRIO
Yeah, that's a must for anyone that likes mechas or good stories with great character development. Despite being 50 or 51 episodes it is interesting till the end. The only problem I have with that anime is the story is quite slow at the beginning.
Avatar image for deactivated-6016e81e8e30f
deactivated-6016e81e8e30f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#495 deactivated-6016e81e8e30f
Member since 2009 • 12955 Posts

[QUOTE="ULTIMATEZWARRIO"]Yea, you should definitely watch Eureka 7 of all of the three because it is more heavily story oriented than the others, and they do a great job of character growth and development. Well now that I think about it they all have great character development but, I think E7 does it the best.Miroku32
Yeah, that's a must for anyone that likes mechas or good stories with great character development. Despite being 50 or 51 episodes it is interesting till the end. The only problem I have with that anime is the story is quite slow at the beginning.

I found it slow at more than just the beginning. While I know it was a heavy plot point in the series, they got carried away with the teen angst/coming of age aspect of the story that just dragged on and on and on. It had a great few climax moments from all of that, though, I have to admit.

Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#496 Young_Charter
[QUOTE="ULTIMATEZWARRIO"] the story is quite slow at the beginning. Miroku32
That is true... Has any 1 ever watch gundam seed ?
Miroku32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#497 Miroku32
[QUOTE="Miroku32"][QUOTE="ULTIMATEZWARRIO"] the story is quite slow at the beginning. Young_Charter

Sadly no, I'll add it on my must watch list(but that will take quite some time, I have Baccano, Samurai Champloo, and Monster). Just finished watching Welcome to the NHK, great anime, has anyone seen it?
branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#498 branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts

Has any 1 ever watch gundam seed ?Young_Charter
I have. It's kinda boring. Mobile Suit Gundam, 0089 Stardust Memory, Wing, Mobile Fighter G are all better. I even prefer Zeta gundam more.

alfredooo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#499 alfredooo

[QUOTE="Young_Charter"][QUOTE="Miroku32"][QUOTE="ULTIMATEZWARRIO"] the story is quite slow at the beginning. Miroku32

Sadly no, I'll add it on my must watch list(but that will take quite some time, I have Baccano, Samurai Champloo, and Monster). Just finished watching Welcome to the NHK, great anime, has anyone seen it?

yea its one my favs... but I can never forget how bad the animation got in one of the episodes... it was so bad it was funny.

Sphire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#500 Sphire
Damn, Ika Musume is too cute de geso!