Tell me all your thoughts on God.

  • 163 results
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by gba1989 (144 posts) -

'Cause I really like to meet her.

#2 Edited by AtariKidX (6202 posts) -

I don't know if god exists or not.

#3 Posted by gba1989 (144 posts) -

Ask her why we're who we are.

#4 Posted by thegerg (14708 posts) -

It's not possible to know whether or not a god exists, so it's illogical to believe that one exists or doesn't exist.

#5 Posted by gba1989 (144 posts) -

Please tell me all your thoughts on God.
'Cause I'm on my way to see her.

#6 Posted by AtariKidX (6202 posts) -

@gba1989 said:

Please tell me all your thoughts on God.

'Cause I'm on my way to see her.

To see.......who...??

#7 Edited by gba1989 (144 posts) -

So tell me, am I very far? Am I very far now?

#8 Posted by AtariKidX (6202 posts) -

@gba1989 said:

So tell me, am I very far? Am I very far now?

Very far......from what....??

#9 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (9943 posts) -

I know God is real, I just don't like her !

#10 Edited by Klunt_Bumskrint (3555 posts) -

God is as believable as ghosts, elf's, father Christmas and vampires. Absolutely no evidence to prove otherwise.

#11 Edited by Blueresident87 (5335 posts) -

No

#12 Edited by Makhaidos (1613 posts) -

Sweet mercy, people on this forum wouldn't know music if it bit them in the ass.

#13 Edited by Trail_Mix (2021 posts) -

Not my type of music.

#14 Posted by comp_atkins (31213 posts) -

let's be realistic, there's probably no god

#15 Posted by mattykovax (22693 posts) -

Not the worst song I have heard.

#16 Posted by CyberLips (1807 posts) -

If God exists he/she is a real jerk.

#17 Edited by iampenguin (223 posts) -

Let me get this right my thoughts on something that doesn't exist. Oh O.K so hypothetically?

#18 Posted by toast_burner (21353 posts) -

Which god?

#19 Posted by heguain (486 posts) -

God, he's the one and only.

#20 Posted by BranKetra (47931 posts) -

@gba1989 said:

'Cause I really like to meet her.

God is a he.

#21 Edited by Judas_ (312 posts) -

@gba1989 said:

'Cause I really like to meet her.

God is a he.

God's an it, actually......................

#22 Edited by BranKetra (47931 posts) -

@Judas_ said:
@BranKetra said:

@gba1989 said:

'Cause I really like to meet her.

God is a he.

God's an it, actually......................

Biblically speaking, God is male. Hence the title "Father."

#23 Posted by abbood2 (50 posts) -

Hey for u people saying that God doesn't exist or there's no way to prove that

Believe it or not i saw and heard a lot of things that made me sure that God exists

For example look at the galaxy,how are all those planets moving in an order more accurate than a Swiss watch. And why the earth is the only livable planet? All that happened by coincidence? I don't think so

#24 Edited by GOGOGOGURT (4470 posts) -

Sweet mercy, people on this forum wouldn't know music if it bit them in the ass.

I recognize poor music before it can do that.

#25 Posted by GOGOGOGURT (4470 posts) -

@abbood2 said:

Hey for u people saying that God doesn't exist or there's no way to prove that

Believe it or not i saw and heard a lot of things that made me sure that God exists

For example look at the galaxy,how are all those planets moving in an order more accurate than a Swiss watch. And why the earth is the only livable planet? All that happened by coincidence? I don't think so

Not at all, old chap. Didn't you know we've been to the moon?

#26 Posted by OmitName (717 posts) -

@GOGOGOGURT: i like your new avatar gogurt. he said "old sport" in the movie alot.

i cant help but assume this thread is flamebait. only posting in song lyrics? rly?

#27 Posted by Iszdope (9570 posts) -

Gott ist tot.

#28 Edited by sukraj (21902 posts) -

I pray to allah 3 times a day.

#29 Edited by ZEYAAM898 (1921 posts) -

@sukraj said:

I pray to allah 3 times a day.

What about the other 2?

#30 Posted by themajormayor (25677 posts) -

I think he exists

#31 Posted by sukraj (21902 posts) -

@sukraj said:

I pray to allah 3 times a day.

What about the other 2?

what other 2

#32 Posted by Inconsistancy (8091 posts) -

The God hypothesis has no observable, falsifiable, or repeatable, data to back it up.

#33 Posted by Klunt_Bumskrint (3555 posts) -
#34 Posted by Inconsistancy (8091 posts) -

@abbood2 said:

Hey for u people saying that God doesn't exist or there's no way to prove that

Believe it or not i saw and heard a lot of things that made me sure that God exists

For example look at the galaxy,how are all those planets moving in an order more accurate than a Swiss watch. And why the earth is the only livable planet? All that happened by coincidence? I don't think so

The motion of the planets isn't some mystery to us, it's some complex maths, but nothing out of the reach of human understanding. To make it grossly simple; everything is falling towards the sun, but away from it at a sufficient rate as to not fall in. The reactions of the individual bodies are so minimal, because distances are so great, that they're "allowed" to have stable orbits. The Earth Moon system is just that they're sufficiently close as to be "tied" to each other. If the Moon moves far enough away (and it will, in an extremely long time) then it would escape Earth's orbit, and sort of just drift off into a solar orbit. And to a very similar effect, the motion of the galaxy itself.

Earth is the only planet that we know of which can naturally support life 'as we know it'. We can't explore other solar systems, nor have we explored "near by" places like Enceladas or Europa, and we've only barely scratched the surface of Mars. There are hundreds of billions of stars in our galaxy, and over a hundred billion galaxies in the visible universe. Even if only 1 billion billionth of the stars in the observable universe had planets that had life, there would still be millions of examples.

#35 Posted by drinkerofjuice (3164 posts) -

I hear he has a nightclub somewhere on Alpha Centauri B. I'd like to go there one day.

#36 Posted by TheFlush (5477 posts) -

@abbood2 said:

Hey for u people saying that God doesn't exist or there's no way to prove that

Believe it or not i saw and heard a lot of things that made me sure that God exists

For example look at the galaxy,how are all those planets moving in an order more accurate than a Swiss watch. And why the earth is the only livable planet? All that happened by coincidence? I don't think so

You are jumping to conclusions quite prematurely, you know that?

#37 Posted by thegerg (14708 posts) -

@TheFlush said:

@abbood2 said:

Hey for u people saying that God doesn't exist or there's no way to prove that

Believe it or not i saw and heard a lot of things that made me sure that God exists

For example look at the galaxy,how are all those planets moving in an order more accurate than a Swiss watch. And why the earth is the only livable planet? All that happened by coincidence? I don't think so

You are jumping to conclusions quite prematurely, you know that?

This. People that think the evidence we currently have is enough to prove or disprove god really need to take a step back.

#38 Edited by tenaka2 (17013 posts) -

Its clear that overfishing is having an affect on Cod, soon Cod will cease to exist.

#39 Edited by GOGOGOGURT (4470 posts) -

@OmitName said:

@GOGOGOGURT: i like your new avatar gogurt. he said "old sport" in the movie alot.

i cant help but assume this thread is flamebait. only posting in song lyrics? rly?

Quite right. He does say that frequently, because he's Gatsby. I'm glad someone remembers him, it's been 90 years, you know.

But thank you, old sport.

#40 Edited by abbood2 (50 posts) -

@GOGOGOGURT: First,I don't believe that you've been to the moon,a lot of people said that it's fake.

Second even if you've been to it that doesn't mean that it's a livable planet,u cant live there or on any other planet except earth

#41 Edited by wis3boi (31019 posts) -

I believe in dog

#42 Posted by abbood2 (50 posts) -

@abbood2 said:

Hey for u people saying that God doesn't exist or there's no way to prove that

Believe it or not i saw and heard a lot of things that made me sure that God exists

For example look at the galaxy,how are all those planets moving in an order more accurate than a Swiss watch. And why the earth is the only livable planet? All that happened by coincidence? I don't think so

The motion of the planets isn't some mystery to us, it's some complex maths, but nothing out of the reach of human understanding. To make it grossly simple; everything is falling towards the sun, but away from it at a sufficient rate as to not fall in. The reactions of the individual bodies are so minimal, because distances are so great, that they're "allowed" to have stable orbits. The Earth Moon system is just that they're sufficiently close as to be "tied" to each other. If the Moon moves far enough away (and it will, in an extremely long time) then it would escape Earth's orbit, and sort of just drift off into a solar orbit. And to a very similar effect, the motion of the galaxy itself.

Earth is the only planet that we know of which can naturally support life 'as we know it'. We can't explore other solar systems, nor have we explored "near by" places like Enceladas or Europa, and we've only barely scratched the surface of Mars. There are hundreds of billions of stars in our galaxy, and over a hundred billion galaxies in the visible universe. Even if only 1 billion billionth of the stars in the observable universe had planets that had life, there would still be millions of examples.

And that means what? there's no God ?! All of what u talked about happened by coincidence ?!

#43 Posted by toast_burner (21353 posts) -

@abbood2 said:

@Inconsistancy said:

@abbood2 said:

Hey for u people saying that God doesn't exist or there's no way to prove that

Believe it or not i saw and heard a lot of things that made me sure that God exists

For example look at the galaxy,how are all those planets moving in an order more accurate than a Swiss watch. And why the earth is the only livable planet? All that happened by coincidence? I don't think so

The motion of the planets isn't some mystery to us, it's some complex maths, but nothing out of the reach of human understanding. To make it grossly simple; everything is falling towards the sun, but away from it at a sufficient rate as to not fall in. The reactions of the individual bodies are so minimal, because distances are so great, that they're "allowed" to have stable orbits. The Earth Moon system is just that they're sufficiently close as to be "tied" to each other. If the Moon moves far enough away (and it will, in an extremely long time) then it would escape Earth's orbit, and sort of just drift off into a solar orbit. And to a very similar effect, the motion of the galaxy itself.

Earth is the only planet that we know of which can naturally support life 'as we know it'. We can't explore other solar systems, nor have we explored "near by" places like Enceladas or Europa, and we've only barely scratched the surface of Mars. There are hundreds of billions of stars in our galaxy, and over a hundred billion galaxies in the visible universe. Even if only 1 billion billionth of the stars in the observable universe had planets that had life, there would still be millions of examples.

And that means what? there's no God ?! All of what u talked about happened by coincidence ?!

So in other words "I don't understand physics, therefore there must be a god"

#44 Edited by abbood2 (50 posts) -

@TheFlush said:

@abbood2 said:

Hey for u people saying that God doesn't exist or there's no way to prove that

Believe it or not i saw and heard a lot of things that made me sure that God exists

For example look at the galaxy,how are all those planets moving in an order more accurate than a Swiss watch. And why the earth is the only livable planet? All that happened by coincidence? I don't think so

You are jumping to conclusions quite prematurely, you know that?

http://www.everystudent.com/features/isthere.html?gclid=CPPvmfKPr7kCFYy_3godBWgA1w

Don't read from "6." to below,read just the first five parts

#45 Edited by wis3boi (31019 posts) -

@abbood2 said:

@Inconsistancy said:

@abbood2 said:

Hey for u people saying that God doesn't exist or there's no way to prove that

Believe it or not i saw and heard a lot of things that made me sure that God exists

For example look at the galaxy,how are all those planets moving in an order more accurate than a Swiss watch. And why the earth is the only livable planet? All that happened by coincidence? I don't think so

The motion of the planets isn't some mystery to us, it's some complex maths, but nothing out of the reach of human understanding. To make it grossly simple; everything is falling towards the sun, but away from it at a sufficient rate as to not fall in. The reactions of the individual bodies are so minimal, because distances are so great, that they're "allowed" to have stable orbits. The Earth Moon system is just that they're sufficiently close as to be "tied" to each other. If the Moon moves far enough away (and it will, in an extremely long time) then it would escape Earth's orbit, and sort of just drift off into a solar orbit. And to a very similar effect, the motion of the galaxy itself.

Earth is the only planet that we know of which can naturally support life 'as we know it'. We can't explore other solar systems, nor have we explored "near by" places like Enceladas or Europa, and we've only barely scratched the surface of Mars. There are hundreds of billions of stars in our galaxy, and over a hundred billion galaxies in the visible universe. Even if only 1 billion billionth of the stars in the observable universe had planets that had life, there would still be millions of examples.

And that means what? there's no God ?! All of what u talked about happened by coincidence ?!

So in other words "I don't understand physics, therefore there must be a god"

What else is new?

#46 Edited by s_h_a_d_o (1282 posts) -
@gba1989 said:

Tell me all your thoughts on God

Which one?

#47 Edited by redstorm72 (4518 posts) -

My thoughts.

A) He is a vindictive ass hole

B) He doesn't give a f*** about us

C) He doesn't exist

I lean towards (C).

#48 Posted by GOGOGOGURT (4470 posts) -

@abbood2 said:

@GOGOGOGURT: First,I don't believe that you've been to the moon,a lot of people said that it's fake.

Second even if you've been to it that doesn't mean that it's a livable planet,u cant live there or on any other planet except earth

Cheer up, the moon is as real as you or I.

#49 Posted by Dogswithguns (10693 posts) -

I don't know anything about God.. never met him/her. or it.

#50 Posted by DonQuixote (110 posts) -

Who knows. It is clear that people, at least in America, believe in supernatural things for no legitimate reason. It is also clear that if these people did not hold belief based on nothing valid, they would not be able to cope with life. Aside from all of this, I do not know if any sort of god exists. It is clear that we do not understand what is really happening here. is there some sort of god? Is there some other entity that we simply do not know about that has control over certain aspects of existence that has nothing to do with the common view of god? Who knows. Making stuff up because it makes you feel good does nothing to help the truth emerge... but I understand that people wouldn't be able to live if they didn't have delusions.