Teacher handed lifetime ban for having sex with pupil

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Xeno_ghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Xeno_ghost
Member since 2014 • 990 Posts

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/teacher-handed-lifetime-ban-having-3904618

I think that punishment is pretty harsh IMO, I'm not sure if the girl was a pupil at his school the article just says she was a "17yr old pupil" if she's not then how was he to know she was under 18 she was in a nightclub, last I knew in the UK you had to be 18 an over to enter a nightclub. It's a bit of a turn off asking to see a girls ID before chatting her up hey?

The fact that he lied didn't help but still a harsh punishment.

What you think darling OT?

Avatar image for deactivated-5b797108c254e
deactivated-5b797108c254e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

User Lists: 0

#2 deactivated-5b797108c254e
Member since 2013 • 11245 Posts

Tough shit...I really don't get guys saying "How is he supposed to know she was a minor?"...well, asking to check her ID was a turn off...I'm sure he's really turned on by how it developed now...

I mean, if you're close to 18 you should be prepared to having to show ID for this kind of stuff...if anything you should be happy that you might be about to be with a person who would not have sex with a minor.

I never had this problem since I'm not attracted to girls who look like teenagers, but if you (not the TC in particular) are then there are certain precautions that come with it...

dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 dave123321
Member since 2003 • 35553 Posts

Isn't the age thing not really the issue since the article mentions 17 is above the age of consent.

gamerguru100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 gamerguru100
Member since 2009 • 12718 Posts

@dave123321 said:

Isn't the age thing not really the issue since the article mentions 17 is above the age of consent.

It's most likely about her being in a position of authority.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts

Oh well...teachers shouldn't mess with students.

awesome3496

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 awesome3496
Member since 2008 • 2209 Posts

This is the reason why I ID now.

bobaban

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By bobaban
Member since 2005 • 10560 Posts

His fault, seem like it was a girl in his school.

Otherwise no one would have found out if it was some random girl, people talk in HS - gossip gossip gossip.

dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 dave123321

@gamerguru100: yeah. I'm just pointing it out to steer the thread back to a relevant direction since the tc seems to be making the thread about something that wasn't really the thing that happened.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#9 Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

Only a photo of the teacher, meh.

PannicAtack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 PannicAtack
Member since 2006 • 21040 Posts

How is this news? The teacher violated policy and was punished for it. Breaches of ethics have consequences. There's nothing to discuss.

Xeno_ghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Xeno_ghost

@korvus: "I never had this problem since I'm not attracted to girls who look like teenagers, but if you (not the TC in particular) are then there are certain precautions that come with it"

C'mon dude we've all seen those teenage girls that look like grown ass women, and she was over the legal age anyway not really a minor, I guess teachers live by different rules than normal people

chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#12 chaoscougar1
Member since 2005 • 37603 Posts

Good looking man
Wonder what she looked like...

Xeno_ghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Xeno_ghost

@dave123321: Dave the article is there for all to read, people can interperate it as they please they don't need you steering the thread in any direction.

The age of the girl is in the Title of the story so I think age has some relavance here.

Xeno_ghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Xeno_ghost

@chaoscougar1:

"Wonder what she looked like..."

I bet she was a hot piece of ass. Just saying

dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 dave123321

@xeno_ghost: i was just unsure if you were aware of what had happened since your post was discussing issues that were not really part of the incident. Namely the underage aspect you discussed that wasn't an aspect since they were above age. Like when you made the point about the oddity of asking for ID. Said point wasn't relevant to what transpired since she was a year past the age of consent.

Xeno_ghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Xeno_ghost

@dave123321: would there be such a big deal if she was a 20yr old student?

"Like when you made the point about the oddity of asking for ID. Said point wasn't relevant to what transpired"

The point I was making is that he may not have known she was a young student and she may have looked older than what she actually is. If he had known she was only 17 he might not have slept with her as it's possible she would be a student, age is totally relevant here.

Xeno_ghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Xeno_ghost

@PannicAtack: just not sure if the girl was a pupil at the school he worked in the article doesn't really specify. If she is not its a harsh punishment if she is from his school that's different.

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 MrGeezer
Member since 2002 • 59765 Posts

@korvus said:

Tough shit...I really don't get guys saying "How is he supposed to know she was a minor?"...well, asking to check her ID was a turn off...I'm sure he's really turned on by how it developed now...

I mean, if you're close to 18 you should be prepared to having to show ID for this kind of stuff...if anything you should be happy that you might be about to be with a person who would not have sex with a minor.

I never had this problem since I'm not attracted to girls who look like teenagers, but if you (not the TC in particular) are then there are certain precautions that come with it...

Wait, was this a stranger? Because I was under the impression that she was [i]his student[/i].

If this was a stranger, then I agree that the penalties are too harsh. But if this was actually a student of his, then as far as I'm concerned he can rot. Or maybe that's too unfair. Maybe they were really in love, yadda yadda yadda. But even if he doesn't deserve to rot in hell, he does deserve to be banned from teaching. If he couldn't keep it in his pants for one or two years until she was no longer his student, then he has no business being a teacher and that's that. The two of them can go get married and live together and have a happy family and I'll be glad that they're happy. But he still has no business being a teacher, because you do not **** your students. With regards to this, I'm not a fan of a "we'll let it slide this time, just don't do it again" mentality. One strike and you're out.

Xeno_ghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Xeno_ghost

@MrGeezer: I'm assuming she wasn't his pupil because surely it would be a no brainer if she was his student that he should be banned for life for sleeping with her, so why would the article ask us if we think the punishment was harsh or not?

Avatar image for deactivated-5b19214ec908b
deactivated-5b19214ec908b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#20 deactivated-5b19214ec908b
Member since 2007 • 25072 Posts

So did he know she was a student at his school when he slept with her? If not then it does seem rather harsh.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts

@xeno_ghost said:

@dave123321: would there be such a big deal if she was a 20yr old student?

"Like when you made the point about the oddity of asking for ID. Said point wasn't relevant to what transpired"

The point I was making is that he may not have known she was a young student and she may have looked older than what she actually is. If he had known she was only 17 he might not have slept with her as it's possible she would be a student, age is totally relevant here.

Even if she was 20 most educational institutes have a rule that teachers don't get involved with students. They also have the right to terminate those that do so.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 indzman
Member since 2006 • 27736 Posts

I think female teachers who have sex with male students gets same punishment also , ya ?

Xeno_ghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Xeno_ghost

@LJS9502_basic: I agree but is that students in general or students at the teachers school?

Xeno_ghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Xeno_ghost

@toast_burner: "So did he know she was a student at his school when he slept with her? If not then it does seem rather harsh"

Who knows man, the article isn't clear on that, the article never states she was a pupil of his or even at his school. Just that she was a 17yr old pupil.

dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By dave123321

@xeno_ghost: that's no reason to assume she wasn't his student.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#26 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

A 23 year-old meets up with a student of 17 years of age in a club (where I assume they were both legally entitled to be since this is from the UK) and ends up having a one night stand.

Was the student a student of his at the time? She didn't even want him prosecuted. I understand the position of authority thing, but seriously, this is just grasping at social justice straws. 17 year-old girls date men in their 20's all the time (because teenage boys care more about video games than relationships).

Other than the authority issue, I see absolutely nothing wrong here, especially something worth ruining his career over. There was no victimization at all. I'm guessing this is because it's a man and an underage girl.

Xeno_ghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Xeno_ghost

@dave123321: yes it is reason I'm guessing this man being a teacher has some intelligence about him, would he really risk his career for a one night stand with one of his students, doesn't make sense to me. I'm sure he is aware of the schools stance on such matters.

I may be wrong.

@foxhound_fox: she is not underage though.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#28 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

@xeno_ghost said:

18 is usually the accepted age of majority for most things. I know age of consent varies wildly around the world between 18 and 14. So this even makes a greater case against his extreme punishment.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b19214ec908b
deactivated-5b19214ec908b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 deactivated-5b19214ec908b
Member since 2007 • 25072 Posts

@foxhound_fox said:

@xeno_ghost said:

18 is usually the accepted age of majority for most things. I know age of consent varies wildly around the world between 18 and 14. So this even makes a greater case against his extreme punishment.

The age of consent in the UK is 16.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#30 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@xeno_ghost said:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/teacher-handed-lifetime-ban-having-3904618

I think that punishment is pretty harsh IMO, I'm not sure if the girl was a pupil at his school the article just says she was a "17yr old pupil" if she's not then how was he to know she was under 18 she was in a nightclub, last I knew in the UK you had to be 18 an over to enter a nightclub. It's a bit of a turn off asking to see a girls ID before chatting her up hey?

The fact that he lied didn't help but still a harsh punishment.

What you think darling OT?

Seems a bit harsh, he was 23, she was 17 but clearly looked older since they met in a nightclub and not actually met in school. But i feel there might be more to this then is revealed in the story.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Master_Live

@xeno_ghost said:

@dave123321: yes it is reason I'm guessing this man being a teacher has some intelligence about him, would he really risk his career for a one night stand with one of his students, doesn't make sense to me. I'm sure he is aware of the schools stance on such matters.

I may be wrong.

People are stupid, that's all.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Master_Live

If it was his pupil then that's a no-no. If she wasn't then butt out.

Xeno_ghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Xeno_ghost

@gamerguru100: "It's most likely about her being in a position of authority"

You mean him being in a position of authority?

Xeno_ghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Xeno_ghost

@Jacanuk: @Master_Live: I read up on it a bit more it seems a person of authority or power (teacher) is not aloud to sleep with a person still in the school system. I guess that's even if not a pupil of your school. Still a harsh punishment if he didn't know she was a student, also the fact that he lied probably earned him the lifetime ban.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#35  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58950 Posts

PE teachers tend to be jack the lad assholes.

I know that's a generalization, but.