Teacher gets suspended for...

• 86 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

NZgamer007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 NZgamer007
Member since 2007 • 287 Posts
making his students to push ups: http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20081204/wl_uk_afp/britaineducationoffbeat. Pretty pathetic if you ask me whats so bad about this, surely teachers have done worse things and got away with it?
RadBooley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 RadBooley
Member since 2008 • 1237 Posts

Only in Americ...

...wait, this happened in BRITAIN? Geeze. We're losing our touch over here.

Big_player

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 Big_player
Member since 2004 • 6187 Posts
This man should be given an award, not only is it a discipline but giving the kids a little extra physical activity will help them focus in class.
Guybrush_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Guybrush_3
Member since 2008 • 8308 Posts

making his students to push ups: http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20081204/wl_uk_afp/britaineducationoffbeat. Pretty pathetic if you ask me whats so bad about this, surely teachers have done worse things and got away with it?NZgamer007

the assistant principal at my high school would make you do pushups if your shirt was untucked and she knew you were an athlete.

Xeros606

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Xeros606
Member since 2007 • 11126 Posts
wtf lol and even in a sports college? :lol: :|
YoungGun13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6 YoungGun13
Member since 2006 • 2581 Posts
if a teacher gets suspended for this how come a gym teacher dont?
Setsa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 Setsa
Member since 2005 • 8431 Posts
This man should be given an award, not only is it a discipline but giving the kids a little extra physical activity will help them focus in class.Big_player
What he said. I also gotta agree with the article, if teachers are going to get in trouble for these kinds of activities, then they'll be too fearful to take action should a serious situation arise.
Leejjohno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 Leejjohno
Member since 2005 • 13897 Posts

That's just ****... They used to give pushups as punishment in my old PE class too. That was usually for talking or something related to not listening. It was a good punishment and it should still be able to be used. IMO they should be allowed to hit kids again, now that worked. You didn't see scummy chavs doing that back then... any BS and smack; blackboard rubber to the face.

Guybrush_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Guybrush_3

wtf lol and even in a sports college? :lol: :|Xeros606

holy **** you're right. You have got to be kidding me, and they say this crap only happens in the states. This is the most ridiculus thing I have ever heard a teacher getting in trouble for.

AAllxxjjnn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 AAllxxjjnn
Member since 2008 • 19992 Posts
My Biology teacher made us do push ups if we were caught chewing gum or eating in class. He would throw a big plush die across the room and he would times the number it landed on by ten and thats how many push ups you had to do. Or you could pay a dollar which he would invest in candy for the class.
howlrunner13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#11 howlrunner13
Member since 2005 • 4408 Posts
[QUOTE="AAllxxjjnn"]My Biology teacher made us do push ups if we were caught chewing gum or eating in class. He would throw a big plush die across the room and he would times the number it landed on by ten and thats how many push ups you had to do. Or you could pay a dollar which he would invest in candy for the class.

So you might have to do 60 push ups?! I can only do 30 before my arms give out.
-Shooter-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 -Shooter-
Member since 2006 • 4295 Posts
I remember my Physical Education teacher used to do the exact same thing
AAllxxjjnn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 AAllxxjjnn
[QUOTE="howlrunner13"][QUOTE="AAllxxjjnn"]My Biology teacher made us do push ups if we were caught chewing gum or eating in class. He would throw a big plush die across the room and he would times the number it landed on by ten and thats how many push ups you had to do. Or you could pay a dollar which he would invest in candy for the class.

Yeh, and if you couldn't do them or pay the dollar you got a detention. The push ups and paying the dollar was the way you could get out of getting a detention.
TheSimsfan250

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 TheSimsfan250
Member since 2005 • 272 Posts
I don't see what the big deal is, last year if one of my teachers caught us not paying attention when we were reading out of the book, we had to do 5 push ups...it was funny more than anything
Guybrush_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Guybrush_3

[QUOTE="howlrunner13"][QUOTE="AAllxxjjnn"]My Biology teacher made us do push ups if we were caught chewing gum or eating in class. He would throw a big plush die across the room and he would times the number it landed on by ten and thats how many push ups you had to do. Or you could pay a dollar which he would invest in candy for the class.AAllxxjjnn

Yeh, and if you couldn't do them or pay the dollar you got a detention. The push ups and paying the dollar was the way you could get out of getting a detention.

That actually seems highly unfair towards non-athletes and poor kids.

BladesOfAthena

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 BladesOfAthena
Member since 2008 • 3938 Posts
That guy probably had some military background to impose that kind of disciplinary action upon his students. But still, that's just ridiculous. Some kids need to have their chops busted if you want them to to truly succeed in life.
RyuHayabusaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#17 RyuHayabusaX
Member since 2005 • 7838 Posts
I would come LATE TO CLASS EVERYDAY because I'd rather be doing pushups than listening to a lecture that does nothing for me. If I were allowed to, I would do push ups randomly during class. Probably some weak boy complained to his mom and the mother kept complaining.
Leejjohno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Leejjohno

Ahh... that reminds me, we had a teacher in school who would assault kids as a joke, that was only four years ago. It was funny as hell. Some **** threw the contents of a hole punch over me, I called him something and then this teacher comes back in the room, somebody grassed him up to the teacher, the teacher walked over to him, asked me if it was true, I said yes. All of a sudden he gives the guy a back hand to the stomach knocking him as a trick so he would lift his arms to protect himself just so he could grab his arm, then he proceeds to lift the guy back first onto a table and tells him to say sorry.

Not the only time I have seen such awesomeness from him either. Turns out the teacher is very good at some kind of defencive martial art.

Curlyfrii87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Curlyfrii87
Member since 2004 • 15057 Posts

That guy probably had some military background to impose that kind of disciplinary action upon his students. But still, that's just ridiculous. Some kids need to have their chops busted if you want them to to truly succeed in life.BladesOfAthena

agreed!

karriston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#20 karriston
Member since 2005 • 3631 Posts
Exactly, surely the pupils would be happy enough to do push-ups in a sports college? It's like suspending a teacher for making pupils sing in a music college :s

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#21 123625
Member since 2006 • 9035 Posts
Madness.
markop2003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 markop2003
Member since 2005 • 29917 Posts
I think it's quite a good idea as a punishment, it only deserves a repremand for the teacher though if the floors arn't clean or if they're doing them in the middle of class and it's not PE. Even if one of those was a problem they didn't need to suspend nyone just stop the practise and move on. . My mum's a teacher and leagally she can't hug a child or give them a comforting pat on the shoulder if they're crying (she teaches year 1). Up to a few years ago you couldn't even restrain a child if they were a danger to themselves and those around them, now they can restrain the kid but only by the methods that they've been taught.
NZgamer007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 NZgamer007

Ahh... that reminds me, we had a teacher in school who would assault kids as a joke, that was only four years ago. It was funny as hell. Some **** threw the contents of a hole punch over me, I called him something and then this teacher comes back in the room, somebody grassed him up to the teacher, the teacher walked over to him, asked me if it was true, I said yes. All of a sudden he gives the guy a back hand to the stomach knocking him as a trick so he would lift his arms to protect himself just so he could grab his arm, then he proceeds to lift the guy back first onto a table and tells him to say sorry.

Not the only time I have seen such awesomeness from him either. Turns out the teacher is very good at some kind of defencive martial art.

Leejjohno
Your teacher sounds like a psycho does he do this often?
vlin1108

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 vlin1108
Member since 2007 • 1908 Posts

[QUOTE="AAllxxjjnn"][QUOTE="howlrunner13"] So you might have to do 60 push ups?! I can only do 30 before my arms give out.Guybrush_3

That's why fat kids shouldn't eat in class. Also, that teacher must have been awesome.
Thebettafish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Thebettafish
Member since 2006 • 329 Posts

What's more sad is the people who completely misread the topic XD

Cliffs for those who are tl;dr'ing: Sports College, Kids decided push ups would be the punishment for coming late, teacher was suspended for this.

It's pretty fail overall though, I want someone to get sacked for being so blatantly politically incorrect, that way he'll actually do everyone a favor and make petty things like this look big and important. The world needs something to bash on :(

-Betta

markop2003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 markop2003

Only in Americ...

...wait, this happened in BRITAIN? Geeze. We're losing our touch over here.

RadBooley
More likely to happen in Britain actually, you'ld be surprised at the stories i've got from my mum about parents before, they constantly complain, think they know best and think thier child is a little angle that can't do anything wrong.
AAllxxjjnn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 AAllxxjjnn
[QUOTE="Guybrush_3"]

[QUOTE="AAllxxjjnn"] Yeh, and if you couldn't do them or pay the dollar you got a detention. The push ups and paying the dollar was the way you could get out of getting a detention.vlin1108

That's why fat kids shouldn't eat in class. Also, that teacher must have been awesome.

He totally was. We could also challenge him to a game of darts(magnetic) to get out of the detention. I make it seem like the whole class was just goofing off all day, but he was a legit teacher and did a good ****ing job at teaching us the stuff we needed to know.
markop2003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 markop2003

[QUOTE="AAllxxjjnn"][QUOTE="howlrunner13"] So you might have to do 60 push ups?! I can only do 30 before my arms give out.Guybrush_3

true, i think timesing it by ten is a bit extreeme
Leejjohno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Leejjohno
[QUOTE="Leejjohno"]

NZgamer007

He was a head of year and a personal social religious whatever education teacher too. He didn't hurt anybody, because he knew how not to, but it was hilarious.

One day someone was taking the piss out of his favourite football team and home town... That guy got wrestled to the floor, but I was much younger when that happened.

The teacher next door couldn't control the class so he would bring him in from next door. This teacher came in and actually said to these trouble makers "All I have to do is say I slipped" and then he gestured falling to one knee and throwing an elbow at this guy who was seated, making everyone laugh... Then he said "bang... right in the temple". Obviously he wouldn't do that but after that the guy didn't take the piss as much. Made me laugh because he was one of the only teachers with balls.

Dawq902

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#30 Dawq902
Member since 2007 • 6796 Posts
making his students to push ups: http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20081204/wl_uk_afp/britaineducationoffbeat. Pretty pathetic if you ask me whats so bad about this, surely teachers have done worse things and got away with it?NZgamer007
Gym teachers make u do push ups. Not other teachers (BTW i did not click link)
markop2003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 markop2003
By the way the fact that it is a sports college dosn't mean the kids are good at or like sports, i went to a language college and i'm pretty bad atlangauges and don't really like them. All it means is the school gets a grant from the goverment, a large part of my HS's language college budget went into a new sports hall.
jmg128thinfrgt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 jmg128thinfrgt
Member since 2006 • 793 Posts
is that realy such a big deal?
NZgamer007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 NZgamer007

Cliffs for those who are tl;dr'ing: Sports College, Kids decided push ups would be the punishment for coming late, teacher was suspended for this.

It's pretty fail overall though, I want someone to get sacked for being so blatantly politically incorrect, that way he'll actually do everyone a favor and make petty things like this look big and important. The world needs something to bash on :(

-Betta

Thebettafish
It was a suggestion he decided to make them do it, they didn't have an option.
markop2003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 markop2003
[QUOTE="NZgamer007"][QUOTE="Leejjohno"]

Leejjohno

He was a head of year and a personal social religious whatever education teacher too. He didn't hurt anybody, because he knew how not to, but it was hilarious.

One day someone was taking the piss out of his favourite football team and home town... That guy got wrestled to the floor, but I was much younger when that happened.

The teacher next door couldn't control the class so he would bring him in from next door. This teacher came in and actually said to these trouble makers "All I have to do is say I slipped" and then he gestured falling to one knee and throwing an elbow at this guy who was seated, making everyone laugh... Then he said "bang... right in the temple". Obviously he wouldn't do that but after that the guy didn't take the piss as much. Made me laugh because he was one of the only teachers with balls.

Never had a teacher like that but my form tutor used to break up all the fights by just pushing the two guys apart, even the 6ft jocks, he used to be a bouncer at a club.
Guybrush_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Guybrush_3
[QUOTE="Guybrush_3"]

[QUOTE="AAllxxjjnn"] Yeh, and if you couldn't do them or pay the dollar you got a detention. The push ups and paying the dollar was the way you could get out of getting a detention.markop2003

true, i think timesing it by ten is a bit extreeme

10 pushups would be reasonable. 20 maybe. because if you cant do that it's probably because you are too lazy get up and move around. but you pretty much have to be a real athlete to do 60 pushups.

Leejjohno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Leejjohno

I think it's quite a good idea as a punishment, it only deserves a repremand for the teacher though if the floors arn't clean or if they're doing them in the middle of class and it's not PE. Even if one of those was a problem they didn't need to suspend nyone just stop the practise and move on. . My mum's a teacher and leagally she can't hug a child or give them a comforting pat on the shoulder if they're crying (she teaches year 1). Up to a few years ago you couldn't even restrain a child if they were a danger to themselves and those around them, now they can restrain the kid but only by the methods that they've been taught.markop2003

Would that be in the states? Over here it's reasonable force that dictates what happens I.E. you throw a chair at a teacher and you can't expect to get away from that lesson without at the very least a restraint, unless the teacher is scared.

markop2003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 markop2003
[QUOTE="Thebettafish"]

-Betta

NZgamer007
It was a suggestion he decided to make them do it, they didn't have an option.

Actually they suggested it to be the punishment but they didn't have a choice in doing the punishment or not. This is proberbly just a parent complaining and not the kid, you'ld be surprised how much that happens.
MindFreeze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 MindFreeze
Member since 2007 • 2814 Posts
That is ridiculous... Those kids lack discipline!
Leejjohno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Leejjohno
[QUOTE="Leejjohno"][QUOTE="NZgamer007"] Your teacher sounds like a psycho does he do this often?markop2003

Never had a teacher like that but my form tutor used to break up all the fights by just pushing the two guys apart, even the 6ft jocks, he used to be a bouncer at a club.

Year 11s were expected to do that here, mostly they would just egg the fight on though.

markop2003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 markop2003
[QUOTE="markop2003"][QUOTE="Leejjohno"]

Leejjohno

Year 11s were expected to do that here, mostly they would just egg the fight on though.

We used to just ignore them, or try to get the mini chavs to start on each other hoping one of them would get kicked out. Also the run of the chavs was fun, run round the entire school shouting fight and just watching how many chavs would follow us, then we'ld just stop in the middle of the field :lol: good times....
WasntAvailable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 WasntAvailable
Member since 2008 • 5605 Posts
Colledges are alot stricter on following pre set rules than lower schools are. The reason for this is because they are more focused on buisness. If this guy was not following the correct procedure for dealing with discipline then that would raise some serious questions about the competence of the staff member, and that isn't really a good sign when you are trying to make money. As such this was likely why the teacher was suspended. Now you can complain about teachers being held back by political correctness way to much all you want, but the fact is there are some real morons out there. If given half a chance, many a teacher would take it upon themselves to punish pupils in inapropriate ways if the rules were not properly inforced. I agree though, it's gone too far, but you can't go too far backwards in the other direction and have things back the way they were before the 90's (Or some times around then).
Eastdabest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Eastdabest
Member since 2006 • 652 Posts
Lol Im in highschool and if your late to gym class and you dont have a pass of some sort thats 50 pushups in front of everyone (around 100 kids).
Leejjohno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Leejjohno
[QUOTE="Leejjohno"][QUOTE="markop2003"] Never had a teacher like that but my form tutor used to break up all the fights by just pushing the two guys apart, even the 6ft jocks, he used to be a bouncer at a club.markop2003

We used to just ignore them, or try to get the mini chavs to start on each other hoping one of them would get kicked out. Also the run of the chavs was fun, run round the entire school shouting fight and just watching how many chavs would follow us, then we'ld just stop in the middle of the field :lol: good times....

:lol: yeah I've seen that happen before, it got so bad senior staff had to deal with it. All the fire exits ended up being busted open and a large crowd charged all over the school.

BladesOfAthena

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 BladesOfAthena
Member since 2008 • 3938 Posts

-Betta

Thebettafish

Doesn't change the fact that the teacher was the one who imposed it.

darksword1123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 darksword1123
Member since 2004 • 30121 Posts
Haha one of my teachers made me do pushups before....its not that big of a deal.
Mossaike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#46 Mossaike
Member since 2006 • 714 Posts
If it's the students who complained about doing the push-ups then they are very pathetic.
Darth-Caedus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Darth-Caedus
Member since 2008 • 20756 Posts
Good god, a teacher actually making students WORK OUT?!??!?!?!? The horror :cry:
dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 dave123321
Member since 2003 • 35553 Posts
My physics teacher would make you do that. He was pretty cool
dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 dave123321
Member since 2003 • 35553 Posts
I would come LATE TO CLASS EVERYDAY because I'd rather be doing pushups than listening to a lecture that does nothing for me. If I were allowed to, I would do push ups randomly during class. Probably some weak boy complained to his mom and the mother kept complaining. RyuHayabusaX
You sure are a rebel
Jango-Bawls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Jango-Bawls
Member since 2008 • 360 Posts
One of the maths teachers in my school made this fat kid do push ups in class and nothing happened.Then again this is Ireland ... its easy to get away with those kinda things.