Stray cats enter home, attack women, boy

This topic is locked from further discussion.

FUSION1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 FUSION1988
Member since 2006 • 1400 Posts
NORTH PLATTE, Neb. - Two stray cats attacked three people after they got into a house in North Platte. "I thought I had seen it all, but I have never seen anything like this," Chief of Police Martin Gutschenritter said Tuesday. A call for help Monday took animal control officer John Pettit to the home of Melissa Breva, Gutschenritter said. Breva told Pettit she had captured two cats in a bedroom. "She said the cats had gotten into the house when the front door was open," Gutschenritter said, then attacked two women who were visiting Breva. One, Wendy Holliday, suffered scratches, the chief said, and she was bitten on both ankles, both knees and on her left calf. "She told the officer it happened when the two cats entered the residence and attacked her for no reason," Gutschenritter said. The other woman, Rebecca Cheever, was bitten on the right calf. After talking to the women, Pettit went to his truck for snares — his "cat catchers." Then he heard screaming from inside the house. "When he ran back, he saw a young male with blood over his face," Gutschenritter said. The cats had attacked a boy who had opened the bedroom door. "He was bitten on his forehead, nose, left ear and right cheek," the chief said. After some first aid from Pettit, the three were taken to Great Plains Regional Medical Center for more treatment. When investigator John Stadler arrived and opened the bedroom door, "he saw a gray and white cat baring its teeth in attack mode," Gutschenritter said. "He shut the bedroom door and returned to his car for a dart gun." Both cats were shot, tranquilized and taken to the animal shelter, where they were euthanized. The bodies were sent to Lincoln for rabies checks, Gutschenritter said. Authorities want to find out who owned the cats. Under city ordinance, cats may run free if they don't become nuisances. "I'm on the animal commission, and we've never seen anything like this," Gutschenritter said. "We have dealt with dog bites, but we've never had one with a cat." ___ Information from: The North Platte Telegraph, http://www.nptelegraph.com Source: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070314/ap_on_fe_st/when_cats_attack;_ylt=Age4SonbnP2Rp3o2sCGIhzvtiBIF
alex1889

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 alex1889
Member since 2006 • 1633 Posts

isnt this how the first resident evil started

"monster like creatures roaming the outer city" people being eaten and bitten

:shock: 

rat_pac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 rat_pac
Member since 2003 • 9297 Posts
Avatar image for freakyzeeky1986
freakyzeeky1986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#5 freakyzeeky1986
Member since 2005 • 19711 Posts
,rat_pac
That looks like MY cat! :P :lol:
ACESandElGHTS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

#6 ACESandElGHTS
Member since 2006 • 764 Posts

I don't think I'd return to my car for a dart gun.  Here's what would happen:

"Do you have any trash bags?"

Spread trash bags on floor, then stomp cats into bloody pulp, wrapping bags up into an airtight knot to suffocate any "lucky" ones.

Funny story.

LoG-Sacrament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#7 LoG-Sacrament
Member since 2006 • 20397 Posts
how can you get attacked by cats? they arent exactly deadly animals. just kick and stomp them.
The_Ish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 The_Ish
Member since 2006 • 13913 Posts

I don't think I'd return to my car for a dart gun.  Here's what would happen:

"Do you have any trash bags?"

Spread trash bags on floor, then stomp cats into bloody pulp, wrapping bags up into an airtight knot to suffocate any "lucky" ones.

Funny story.

ACESandElGHTS

Your sig made me laugh :lol:

billnye69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 billnye69
Member since 2003 • 26309 Posts

I'm pretty sure those cats just needed some p****.