So, has anyone ever hurt your feelings here on OT?

• 168 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#51 branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts
I don't wanna talk about it :(chaoscougar1
That bad?
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#52 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178865 Posts

This is how I picture LJS while writing the above post.

Drakes_Fortune

Funny thing is...that's how I picture you finding out that the insults you spout on here have no effect on people. To think that they do would be an issue within your mental capacities. Why is so very important to an individual that they not only spend their time trolling and flaming but have to believe they've actually ruined someone's day? I'd love to see the psychological profile of said individual. They must be lacking self confidence and be very insecure about themselves if this how they make themselves feel important.

I meant what I said.....all the trolling and flaming you guys do means nothing....well to me at least. Apparently it's important to you. And that is the real tragedy here....

metroidprime55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#53 metroidprime55
Member since 2008 • 17657 Posts
This thread is getting so awesome.:D
Drakes_Fortune

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 Drakes_Fortune
Member since 2009 • 5259 Posts

[QUOTE="Drakes_Fortune"]

LJS9502_basic

Funny thing is...that's how I picture you finding out that the insults you spout on here have no effect on people. To think that they do would be an issue within your mental capacities. Why is so very important to an individual that they not only spend their time trolling and flaming but have to believe they've actually ruined someone's day? I'd love to see the psychological profile of said individual. They must be lacking self confidence and be very insecure about themselves if this how they make themselves feel important.

I meant what I said.....all the trolling and flaming you guys do means nothing....well to me at least. Apparently it's important to you. And that is the real tragedy here....

chilly-chill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#55 chilly-chill
Member since 2010 • 8902 Posts
:lol:
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 LJS9502_basic

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]

[QUOTE="Drakes_Fortune"]

Drakes_Fortune

Yes. I know that's what you'll do once it sinks in.....no one really cares about some random post in a forum. You don't have to keep showing us.:)

Travo_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Travo_basic
Member since 2003 • 38751 Posts
No, not on the internet.
Avatar image for deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d
deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#58 deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d
Member since 2005 • 7914 Posts
one day i will hurt all your feelings in one post ultimately shutting down the internet hahahahaha i get my feelings hurt wen they post a clever pic that adds to the insult :(
kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 kuraimen
Member since 2010 • 28078 Posts

[QUOTE="Drakes_Fortune"]

LJS9502_basic

kingkong0124

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 kingkong0124
Member since 2012 • 8329 Posts

lol no, lazy community college liberals don't faze me

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 LJS9502_basic
Oh hey I found this for you guys....seems to fit.:lol: Psychology of trolls Assertions about the psychology of Internet trolls varies only moderately; there is considerable agreement on certain markers. Internet trolls have been described as "sad people, living their lonely lives vicariously through those they see as strong and successful." They typically possess a poorly developed set of social skills and have difficulty viewing their actions from the perspectives of their victims. They may be callous to the fact that they are harming real people, instead viewing Internet users as "digital abstractions". They may thus feel no remorse for harm they cause, and in fact may judge their own level of "success" by the amount of that harm. Most are impervious to rationale, mature arguments against their wares, and will protest that their right to free speech is being curtailed if ever there is an attempt to call them on their trolling.
Charazani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Charazani
Member since 2011 • 2919 Posts
Lol no
Charazani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Charazani
[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]Oh hey I found this for you guys....seems to fit.:lol: Psychology of trolls Assertions about the psychology of Internet trolls varies only moderately; there is considerable agreement on certain markers. Internet trolls have been described as "sad people, living their lonely lives vicariously through those they see as strong and successful." They typically possess a poorly developed set of social skills and have difficulty viewing their actions from the perspectives of their victims. They may be callous to the fact that they are harming real people, instead viewing Internet users as "digital abstractions". They may thus feel no remorse for harm they cause, and in fact may judge their own level of "success" by the amount of that harm. Most are impervious to rationale, mature arguments against their wares, and will protest that their right to free speech is being curtailed if ever there is an attempt to call them on their trolling.

:lol:
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 LJS9502_basic
Lol noCharazani
Hey now....trolls have to believe they hurt. Otherwise their existence is pointless....
branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 branketra

kuraimen

This pic is hilarious.

kingkong0124

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 kingkong0124
Member since 2012 • 8329 Posts
[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]Oh hey I found this for you guys....seems to fit.:lol: Psychology of trolls Assertions about the psychology of Internet trolls varies only moderately; there is considerable agreement on certain markers. Internet trolls have been described as "sad people, living their lonely lives vicariously through those they see as strong and successful." They typically possess a poorly developed set of social skills and have difficulty viewing their actions from the perspectives of their victims. They may be callous to the fact that they are harming real people, instead viewing Internet users as "digital abstractions". They may thus feel no remorse for harm they cause, and in fact may judge their own level of "success" by the amount of that harm. Most are impervious to rationale, mature arguments against their wares, and will protest that their right to free speech is being curtailed if ever there is an attempt to call them on their trolling.

that seems to be an accurate description of the idiots that surround me like locusts after i make a single comment
David719

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 David719
Member since 2007 • 2187 Posts

Hell no.

I don't even recall anyone trying to.

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 branketra
[QUOTE="kingkong0124"][QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]Oh hey I found this for you guys....seems to fit.:lol: Psychology of trolls Assertions about the psychology of Internet trolls varies only moderately; there is considerable agreement on certain markers. Internet trolls have been described as "sad people, living their lonely lives vicariously through those they see as strong and successful." They typically possess a poorly developed set of social skills and have difficulty viewing their actions from the perspectives of their victims. They may be callous to the fact that they are harming real people, instead viewing Internet users as "digital abstractions". They may thus feel no remorse for harm they cause, and in fact may judge their own level of "success" by the amount of that harm. Most are impervious to rationale, mature arguments against their wares, and will protest that their right to free speech is being curtailed if ever there is an attempt to call them on their trolling.

that seems to be an accurate description of the idiots that surround me like locusts after i make a single comment

Damn trolls. Always cramping users style.
D3nnyCrane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#69 D3nnyCrane
Member since 2007 • 12058 Posts
They may thus feel no remorse for harm they cause, and in fact may judge their own level of "success" by the amount of that harm. LJS9502_basic
This thread is sorta proving no harm, no foul though...
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 LJS9502_basic
[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]They may thus feel no remorse for harm they cause, and in fact may judge their own level of "success" by the amount of that harm. D3nnyCrane

Most people that are secure and self confident won't be affected.....but I'd imagine those that lack confidence could be harmed.....nonetheless.....I was more interested in the psychological basis of those that feel the need to troll. As this thread also displays....they feel a need to know they've upset someone and cannot conceive they haven't. Which I find interesting.......it's like their ego is wrapped up in their success more or less. I don't know....psychological issues are fascinating. To me at least.
Charazani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Charazani
[QUOTE="Charazani"]Lol noLJS9502_basic
Hey now....trolls have to believe they hurt. Otherwise their existence is pointless....

Seems so.
xMistress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 xMistress
Member since 2011 • 825 Posts
No I do not get butthurt from people on the internet.
branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 branketra

[QUOTE="D3nnyCrane"][QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]They may thus feel no remorse for harm they cause, and in fact may judge their own level of "success" by the amount of that harm. LJS9502_basic

Most people that are secure and self confident won't be affected.....but I'd imagine those that lack confidence could be harmed.....nonetheless.....I was more interested in the psychological basis of those that feel the need to troll. As this thread also displays....they feel a need to know they've upset someone and cannot conceive they haven't. Which I find interesting.......it's like their ego is wrapped up in their success more or less. I don't know....psychological issues are fascinating. To me at least.

All jokes aside, I think psychology is an interesting subject, as well. However, I don't think it's how you're putting it. On the contrary, actually. In most cases, it's probably the second part. They're just being jerks.

the_plan_man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 the_plan_man
Member since 2011 • 1664 Posts
Like anyone would admit it. >.>
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 LJS9502_basic

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="D3nnyCrane"] This thread is sorta proving no harm, no foul though...BranKetra

All jokes aside, I think psychology is an interesting subject, as well. However, I don't think it's how you're putting it. On the contrary, actually. In most cases, it's probably the second part. They're just being jerks.

There are reasons people are jerks though......and hey....I copied and pasted that definition earlier.
branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 branketra
[QUOTE="BranKetra"]

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"] Most people that are secure and self confident won't be affected.....but I'd imagine those that lack confidence could be harmed.....nonetheless.....I was more interested in the psychological basis of those that feel the need to troll. As this thread also displays....they feel a need to know they've upset someone and cannot conceive they haven't. Which I find interesting.......it's like their ego is wrapped up in their success more or less. I don't know....psychological issues are fascinating. To me at least.LJS9502_basic

There are reasons people are jerks though......and hey....I copied and pasted that definition earlier.

I didn't realize you copy pasted it. My intention wasn't to sound condescending. If they always act that way, those reason go much deeper.
Avatar image for deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d
deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d
Member since 2005 • 7914 Posts
There is no way people get their feelings hurt on OT. people get mad but theres no way its to the degree of like cyber bullying or something
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 LJS9502_basic

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="Drakes_Fortune"] LMAO this guy and LJIszdope

You don't seriously think anyone takes comments made on this site seriously? What an inflated ego you have.....:lol:

Whatever helps you sleep at night.

I think it's more to the point that you need to believe it to sleep at night.....otherwise....why persist?
the_plan_man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 the_plan_man
Member since 2011 • 1664 Posts
[QUOTE="kingkong0124"][QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]Oh hey I found this for you guys....seems to fit.:lol: Psychology of trolls Assertions about the psychology of Internet trolls varies only moderately; there is considerable agreement on certain markers. Internet trolls have been described as "sad people, living their lonely lives vicariously through those they see as strong and successful." They typically possess a poorly developed set of social skills and have difficulty viewing their actions from the perspectives of their victims. They may be callous to the fact that they are harming real people, instead viewing Internet users as "digital abstractions". They may thus feel no remorse for harm they cause, and in fact may judge their own level of "success" by the amount of that harm. Most are impervious to rationale, mature arguments against their wares, and will protest that their right to free speech is being curtailed if ever there is an attempt to call them on their trolling.

:lol: Same here. And it makes them feel even more empowered when there's several other users around them doing the exact same thing. I don't know what it is about me, but I seem to be a troll magnet here. :lol:
muller39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 muller39
Member since 2008 • 14953 Posts

No.

But I understand if someone would be.

Because everybody hurts.

Sometimes.

Sometimes.

THE_DRUGGIE
Great song!
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 LJS9502_basic

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="Iszdope"]

Whatever helps you sleep at night.

Iszdope

I think it's more to the point that you need to believe it to sleep at night.....otherwise....why persist?

Because it's funny & deeply satisfying.

You can go with that if it makes it better for you.:)
pianist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 pianist
Member since 2003 • 18900 Posts

No. It's pretty easy to remain aloof when conversing over the internet. So impersonal...

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 LJS9502_basic

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="Iszdope"]

Because it's funny & deeply satisfying.

Iszdope

You can go with that if it makes it better for you.:)

Why do you persist?

I'm not. I was being friendly.;)
ZumaJones07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 ZumaJones07
Member since 2005 • 16457 Posts
lol no
Jazz_Fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 Jazz_Fan
Member since 2008 • 29516 Posts
I'm generally offended by the stupidity that fills this place up to the brim. However it does not hurt my feelings-- it hurts my intelligence.
Suzy_Q_Kazoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 Suzy_Q_Kazoo
Member since 2010 • 9899 Posts

Lol

dracula_16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#92 dracula_16
Member since 2005 • 16037 Posts

Yeah, it happens once in a while.

deathtarget04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#94 deathtarget04
Member since 2009 • 2266 Posts

Nope, and will never happen.

tocool340

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#95 tocool340
Member since 2004 • 21652 Posts
Never. How could someone get their feelings hurt over the internet?...:?
Avatar image for almasdeathchild
almasdeathchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 almasdeathchild
Member since 2011 • 8922 Posts

no...it's the internet.....

PiscesChick93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#97 PiscesChick93
Member since 2008 • 10732 Posts

Nope.

Spitfirer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 Spitfirer
Member since 2007 • 2088 Posts

It would take a very well-done and personal insult to get me. Being called an idiot by certain sources would also sting a bit. Just being called "lame" (which I sometimes can be on here) doesn't cut the butter.

TwoFace-BS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 TwoFace-BS
Member since 2011 • 9531 Posts
ehh.....no who said yes?
horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127526 Posts
Actually yes. I facepalmed a bit to hard after reading someone's posts here.