So called 'sports'.

• 156 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

kdizzle815

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 kdizzle815
Member since 2004 • 2572 Posts
I can't understand how texas hold 'em and nascar are classified as sports. It doesn't take any physical ability to do either one. You dont really train for them in a traditional sense. So why in the heck does espn fill time slots with this crap?
disc0very

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 disc0very
Member since 2006 • 3636 Posts
...Curling
Luncbox1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Luncbox1
Member since 2006 • 4543 Posts
no idea. You could get some wicked tennis finger from card shuffling, though.
jim_shorts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#4 jim_shorts
Member since 2006 • 7320 Posts
I don't understand why curling is a sport either.
-911-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 -911-
Member since 2006 • 6177 Posts
Yeah, I don't get how turning left, and playing a card game is classified as sports, in that case they might as well make chess a sport.
Avatar image for LA_lakers_4life
LA_lakers_4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6 LA_lakers_4life
Member since 2006 • 7051 Posts
nascar is a sport cause its physically demanding to drive at high speeds, high g forces for extended periods of time......hold ' is not a sport
ciredude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#7 ciredude
Member since 2004 • 2524 Posts
No one ever said they were sports, did they? They're games.
zombiemenace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 zombiemenace
Member since 2007 • 1026 Posts
Golf is a recreation not a sport
disc0very

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 disc0very
No one ever said they were sports, did they? They're games.ciredude
If you look at the TV listings, and info the program, it says they're sports.
Avatar image for TheCrimsonKoopa
TheCrimsonKoopa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 TheCrimsonKoopa
Member since 2006 • 2031 Posts
Nascar is a sport. Texas Hold 'Em is a game.
steppinrazor88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#11 steppinrazor88
Member since 2006 • 14441 Posts
yea nether of them is a sport...but i like ur sig...they must be destroyed!!!!
Chuman231

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Chuman231
Member since 2006 • 1007 Posts
Nascar and Golf are official sports
kdizzle815

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 kdizzle815
Nascar and Golf are official sportsChuman231
dude anybody can make left turns all day. if it doesn't require talent its not a sport. and even though golf is boring as heck it is a sport cuz it actually requires you to use your brains and muscles. also you gotta have skill. just being there isn't gonna cut it
Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Renegade_Fury
Member since 2003 • 21703 Posts
Even though I don't like it, NASCAR is a sport and it in fact requires a lot of physical work and stamina. Texas hold 'em I don't really have anything to say about. 
ciredude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#15 ciredude
Member since 2004 • 2524 Posts

[QUOTE="Chuman231"]Nascar and Golf are official sportskdizzle815
dude anybody can make left turns all day. if it doesn't require talent its not a sport. and even though golf is boring as heck it is a sport cuz it actually requires you to use your brains and muscles. also you gotta have skill. just being there isn't gonna cut it

Okay then. You get in one of those cars and do it. C'mon.

I dare ya.

kdizzle815

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 kdizzle815
Even though I don't like it, NASCAR is a sport and it in fact requires a lot of physical work and stamina. Texas hold 'em I don't really have anything to say about. Renegade_Fury
what physical work? having forearms of steel?
LA_lakers_4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 LA_lakers_4life
[QUOTE="Renegade_Fury"]Even though I don't like it, NASCAR is a sport and it in fact requires a lot of physical work and stamina. Texas hold 'em I don't really have anything to say about. kdizzle815

drive for hours at high speeds at high g forces....not as easy as you think
Avatar image for Taxpaying_Acorn
Taxpaying_Acorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#18 Taxpaying_Acorn
Member since 2004 • 4952 Posts
nascar is a sport cause its physically demanding to drive at high speeds, high g forces for extended periods of time......hold ' is not a sportLA_lakers_4life
Plus is extremely hot :| The cars themselves get 210 degrees, plus the heat of the track and the daytime sun. The endurance it takes to be ungodly hot, driving precisely at high speeds, and keeping this up for four or five hours... it takes quite a bit of will power and physical strength.
kdizzle815

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 kdizzle815

[QUOTE="kdizzle815"][QUOTE="Chuman231"]Nascar and Golf are official sportsciredude

I dare ya.

if i wanted to I would but I'd rather not cuz i'd die of boredom going around in circles all day. I'd rather shoot some fools on xbox live.
Avatar image for metallica_fan42
metallica_fan42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#20 metallica_fan42
Member since 2006 • 21143 Posts
...Curlingdisc0very
Move to Canada and find out if it is considered a sport:o
kdizzle815

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 kdizzle815
[QUOTE="LA_lakers_4life"]nascar is a sport cause its physically demanding to drive at high speeds, high g forces for extended periods of time......hold ' is not a sportTaxpaying_Acorn
Plus is extremely hot :| The cars themselves get 210 degrees, plus the heat of the track and the daytime sun. The endurance it takes to be ungodly hot, driving precisely at high speeds, and keeping this up for four or five hours... it takes quite a bit of will power and physical strength.

endurance? you're sittin on ur arse for crying out loud. all you have to do is breath and move ur arms
Taxpaying_Acorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Taxpaying_Acorn
[QUOTE="ciredude"]

[QUOTE="kdizzle815"][QUOTE="Chuman231"]Nascar and Golf are official sportskdizzle815

I dare ya.

if i wanted to I would but I'd rather not cuz i'd die of boredom going around in circles all day. I'd rather shoot some fools on xbox live.

I doubt you could even shift the gears without screwing up the car :|
disc0very

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 disc0very
[QUOTE="disc0very"]...Curlingmetallica_fan42

I already live there;) There is one person in my school who thinks he is the greatest person ever because he curls.
Bruin4ev3r1520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Bruin4ev3r1520
Member since 2005 • 8843 Posts
[QUOTE="ciredude"]

[QUOTE="kdizzle815"][QUOTE="Chuman231"]Nascar and Golf are official sportskdizzle815

I dare ya.

I bet you'd die, but not cuz of boredom.
Taxpaying_Acorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Taxpaying_Acorn
[QUOTE="Taxpaying_Acorn"][QUOTE="LA_lakers_4life"]nascar is a sport cause its physically demanding to drive at high speeds, high g forces for extended periods of time......hold ' is not a sportkdizzle815

endurance? you're sittin on ur arse for crying out loud. all you have to do is breath and move ur arms

Okay then. Be hard headed. Bye.
Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Renegade_Fury
[QUOTE="Renegade_Fury"]Even though I don't like it, NASCAR is a sport and it in fact requires a lot of physical work and stamina. Texas hold 'em I don't really have anything to say about. kdizzle815

For one, being able to drive at such high g forces for hours, and not only that, but to do it in extreme heat. It's not as easy as "just turning"....
kdizzle815

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 kdizzle815
[QUOTE="kdizzle815"][QUOTE="ciredude"]

[QUOTE="kdizzle815"][QUOTE="Chuman231"]Nascar and Golf are official sportsTaxpaying_Acorn

I dare ya.

I doubt you could even shift the gears without screwing up the car :|

well even if that were the case which it isn't it still doesn't make it physically demanding
Avatar image for metallica_fan42
metallica_fan42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#28 metallica_fan42
Member since 2006 • 21143 Posts
[QUOTE="metallica_fan42"][QUOTE="disc0very"]...Curlingdisc0very

I already live there;) There is one person in my school who thinks he is the greatest person ever because he curls.

lol. Ya we love curling here. I've played a few times, and it's harder than people think to play.
Chuman231

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Chuman231
Member since 2006 • 1007 Posts
[QUOTE="ciredude"]

I dare ya.

Nascar is still a sport...ur opinion wont chnage that
LA_lakers_4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 LA_lakers_4life
[QUOTE="disc0very"][QUOTE="metallica_fan42"][QUOTE="disc0very"]...Curlingmetallica_fan42

lol. Ya we love curling here. I've played a few times, and it's harder than people think to play.

im in southern california and i watch it....its freakishly entertaining to me.....i really watch it during the winter olympics
bobwill1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#31 bobwill1
Member since 2003 • 2487 Posts
I can't understand how texas hold 'em and nascar are classified as sports. It doesn't take any physical ability to do either one. You dont really train for them in a traditional sense. So why in the heck does espn fill time slots with this crap?kdizzle815
Well, for NASCAR, let's put you in a car and drive around in close formation with 50 other drivers for 5 hours at speeds averaging over 100 miles per hour, with no Air Conditioning, no water, 100+ temperatures due to the lack of insulation, wearing a fire suit. Yeah, nothing physically demanding at all.
Taxpaying_Acorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Taxpaying_Acorn
[QUOTE="kdizzle815"][QUOTE="Renegade_Fury"]Even though I don't like it, NASCAR is a sport and it in fact requires a lot of physical work and stamina. Texas hold 'em I don't really have anything to say about. Renegade_Fury

For one, being able to drive at such high g forces for hours, and not only that, but to do it in extreme heat. It's not as easy as "just turning"....

He can't and/or won't understand. He's living in his own world... where the obvious doesn't exist.
Ricky_O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Ricky_O
Member since 2006 • 1246 Posts
"There are only three real sports: Bull fighting, NASCAR, and rock climbing. The others are mere games."
kdizzle815

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 kdizzle815
the definition of a sport.

nascar does not fit
Quack_Attack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Quack_Attack
Member since 2005 • 2562 Posts
If Nascar is a sport for those reasons, war should be a sport as well.
kdizzle815

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 kdizzle815
[QUOTE="kdizzle815"]I can't understand how texas hold 'em and nascar are classified as sports. It doesn't take any physical ability to do either one. You dont really train for them in a traditional sense. So why in the heck does espn fill time slots with this crap?bobwill1
Well, for NASCAR, let's put you in a car and drive around in close formation with 50 other drivers for 5 hours at speeds averaging over 100 miles per hour, with no Air Conditioning, no water, 100+ temperatures due to the lack of insulation, wearing a fire suit. Yeah, nothing physically demanding at all.

i'm glad you see things my way
Canuck3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Canuck3000
Member since 2004 • 40562 Posts
It's sad really.

Poker a sport?

No. It's not.
LA_lakers_4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 LA_lakers_4life
[QUOTE="bobwill1"][QUOTE="kdizzle815"]I can't understand how texas hold 'em and nascar are classified as sports. It doesn't take any physical ability to do either one. You dont really train for them in a traditional sense. So why in the heck does espn fill time slots with this crap?kdizzle815

ignorance truly is bliss
kdizzle815

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 kdizzle815
[QUOTE="kdizzle815"][QUOTE="bobwill1"][QUOTE="kdizzle815"]I can't understand how texas hold 'em and nascar are classified as sports. It doesn't take any physical ability to do either one. You dont really train for them in a traditional sense. So why in the heck does espn fill time slots with this crap?LA_lakers_4life

ignorance truly is bliss

whatever you say nascar fan
Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Renegade_Fury

nascar does not fit
kdizzle815

" any athletic activity that uses physical skills, often competive"

Seems to fit to me. :|
Taxpaying_Acorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Taxpaying_Acorn

nascar does not fit
kdizzle815
We aren't discussing whether its a sport or not. You were saying it wasn't physically demanding... and it obviously is. Definitions don't matter, anyway. Watching NASCAR is infinitely more entertaining than watching soccer or tennis :|
bobwill1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#42 bobwill1
Member since 2003 • 2487 Posts
So, is bicycle racing a sport?
LA_lakers_4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 LA_lakers_4life
[QUOTE="kdizzle815"] whatever you say nascar fan

ummmm....i hate nascar....but its still a sport
Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Renegade_Fury
[QUOTE="kdizzle815"]the definition of a sport.

nascar does not fit
Taxpaying_Acorn
We aren't discussing whether its a sport or not. You were saying it wasn't physically demanding... and it obviously is. Definitions don't matter, anyway. Watching NASCAR is infinitely more entertaining than watching soccer or tennis :|

No way dude, tennis owns! 8) Soccer would own if we actually had good players and knew what time games played.
Quack_Attack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Quack_Attack
Member since 2005 • 2562 Posts
So, is bicycle racing a sport?bobwill1
Um, the bike is powered by the person. A car isn't.
kdizzle815

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 kdizzle815
[QUOTE="kdizzle815"]the definition of a sport.

nascar does not fit
Taxpaying_Acorn

Wrong. I was discussing whether or not it was a sport. But I did also say that it isn't physically demanding. Which it isn't. Like I said. Anybody can make left turns all day. Anybody
Taxpaying_Acorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Taxpaying_Acorn
[QUOTE="Taxpaying_Acorn"][QUOTE="kdizzle815"]the definition of a sport.

nascar does not fit
Renegade_Fury

No way dude, tennis owns! 8) Soccer would own if we actually had good players and knew what time games played.

:P I've never been able to get into either. I've tried... just couldn't. It's like the Grateful Dead. Tried to like them, but I just can't.
kdizzle815

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 kdizzle815
[QUOTE="bobwill1"]So, is bicycle racing a sport?Quack_Attack
Um, the bike is powered by the person. A car isn't.

see there folks. simple logic. try to use it sometimes
Taxpaying_Acorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Taxpaying_Acorn

nascar does not fit
kdizzle815

Wrong. I was discussing whether or not it was a sport. But I did also say that it isn't physically demanding. Which it isn't. Like I said. Anybody can make left turns all day. Anybody

Okay then. If you say so bro.
Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Renegade_Fury

nascar does not fit
kdizzle815

Seriously, you're only kidding right? I find it very hard to believe anyone can be this ignorgant if they don't think NASCAR racing is physically demanding. :lol: