• 110 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

MankAsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 MankAsh
Member since 2007 • 193 Posts
As ive been browsing the forum postings ive come across many slipknot haters.Like the people posting the 'TALENTLESS' picture and people talking crap about them not being metal,the mask's gave them success....what the hell!Is it bitterness or stupidness.I mean,theres nothing wrong with not liking them but all this rubbish about them being talentless....rrriight:lol: So joey jordison cant drum to save his life?corey taylor cant sing or write lyrics?Their guitarists just pick random notes?the....i could go on but its all rubbish!Anyone with an ounze of musical knowledge or qualifications in musical theory would know all members have talent.Just because the guitarists dont shred playing 30 notes pers second does not mean they cannot play.And how in gods name can wearing masks help you sell millions of c.d's.Like they say even if they didnt the music would be completely the same.Anyway tell me your thoughts.Im prepared for alot of uneducated comments but if you say something with thought and logic i will forgive you.:D Theres nothing wrong with not liking the music  just tell me why people bash...  
g-unit248

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 g-unit248
Member since 2005 • 7197 Posts
not reading that entire thing this early in the morning... especially for a crap band
MankAsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 MankAsh

not reading that entire thing this early in the morning... especially for a crap bandg-unit248

Ya' see!There a crap band but i haven't got the time to say why!:roll:

crucifine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#4 crucifine
Member since 2003 • 4726 Posts
Well, Joey Jordison is not the amazing drummer his fans make him out to be.  He uses 4 pedals to achieve the sound that many better drummers can achieve with 2, his rhythyms are simplistic and uninnovative, and he can't solo properly.  The guitarists are not picking random notes, but their music is extremely easy to play, I've read the sheet music.  And as for lyrics, anyone can write about angst.  But it seems My Chemical Romance is better at it than Slipknot.  On top of all that, if they were competent performers, they'd have three less members.  They do not need as many people as they have to play their songs.
Frogman929

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 Frogman929
Member since 2005 • 2424 Posts

slipknot are alright, its just that they are classified as nu-metal, meaning people who like 'real' metal (everything else bar nu-metal and most core stuff) hate them.

because it aint cool to like a band that are in a 'light' genre of metal.

MankAsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 MankAsh

Well, Joey Jordison is not the amazing drummer his fans make him out to be.  He uses 4 pedals to achieve the sound that many better drummers can achieve with 2, his rhythyms are simplistic and uninnovative, and he can't solo properly.  The guitarists are not picking random notes, but their music is extremely easy to play, I've read the sheet music.  And as for lyrics, anyone can write about angst.  But it seems My Chemical Romance is better at it than Slipknot.  On top of all that, if they were competent performers, they'd have three less members.  They do not need as many people as they have to play their songs.crucifine

How's that?

VinnoT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 VinnoT
Member since 2003 • 4649 Posts

I cant comment on them being talentless because I know NOTHING about drumming or guitar playing etc.

All I judge it on is how good I think the songs are. And theres only a couple I like to be honest.. 

MankAsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 MankAsh

I cant comment on them being talentless because I know NOTHING about drumming or guitar playing etc.

All I judge it on is how good I think the songs are. And theres only a couple I like to be honest.. 

VinnoT

A very respectable answer!:)

zeus_gb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#9 zeus_gb
Member since 2004 • 7793 Posts
I wouldn't say their the greatest band i've ever heard but some of the songs are good.
crucifine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 crucifine

[QUOTE="crucifine"]Well, Joey Jordison is not the amazing drummer his fans make him out to be.  He uses 4 pedals to achieve the sound that many better drummers can achieve with 2, his rhythyms are simplistic and uninnovative, and he can't solo properly.  The guitarists are not picking random notes, but their music is extremely easy to play, I've read the sheet music.  And as for lyrics, anyone can write about angst.  But it seems My Chemical Romance is better at it than Slipknot.  On top of all that, if they were competent performers, they'd have three less members.  They do not need as many people as they have to play their songs.MankAsh

How's that?

I used to be a fan, I have their Disasterpieces DVD.  He frequently used a heel-toe set up on four bass pedals to make them sound fast, while guys like Derek Roddy and Lord Marco can sound faster with only two.
Avatar image for TheTerribleFish
TheTerribleFish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 TheTerribleFish
Member since 2005 • 1793 Posts
They had potential, but they somehow destroyed it with subliminal verses.
staindcoldlp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#12 staindcoldlp
Member since 2004 • 15121 Posts
They ripped off Mushroomhead.
MankAsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 MankAsh

They ripped off Mushroomhead.staindcoldlp

:o They ripped off mushrooms head.Thats not very nice is it!

Avatar image for TheTerribleFish
TheTerribleFish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 TheTerribleFish
Member since 2005 • 1793 Posts

They ripped off Mushroomhead.staindcoldlp

How can they ripp them off when both bands formed 1993? 

MankAsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 MankAsh

[QUOTE="staindANcoldlp"]They ripped off Mushroomhead.TheTerribleFish

How can they ripp them off when both bands formed 1993? 

And ones from IOWA and the other from OHIO ???????

Doomlike_Mitc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Doomlike_Mitc
Member since 2006 • 4912 Posts
I like some songs of them... yhea there not bad sofar as I know.
ramabo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 ramabo
Member since 2006 • 166 Posts

What the hell is wrong with you people Slipknot PWNS!!111111!!111!!!1111

SLIPKNOT FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

proctorsurf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 proctorsurf
Member since 2006 • 2779 Posts
meh.......... annoying
crucifine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 crucifine
To Joey's credit, his drumming is only crappy when he plays for Slipknot.  He provided decent backup for Satyricon when their drummer couldn't get into the country, and he was also in Anal Blast...but the way he's required to drum for Slipknot isn't cool.
newbpwnage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 newbpwnage
Member since 2007 • 2409 Posts
im from des moines, i love slipknot, i took guitar lessons from Mick @ Ye Olde Guitar shoppe before he got huge.
skinnypete91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 skinnypete91
Member since 2006 • 6022 Posts

not reading that entire thing this early in the morning... especially for a crap bandg-unit248

yes 

FrozeN__54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 FrozeN__54
Member since 2005 • 3434 Posts
They suck... I like, about... one or two songs from them.
romocop33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 romocop33
Member since 2005 • 2755 Posts
i used to like slipknot. not so much anymore. but i have to admit that Disasterpieces is probably the coolest music dvd i've ever seen, especially for the tracks where you can switch angles. and Mate.Feed.Kill.Repeat is still a really good album.
ROLFCHANK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 ROLFCHANK
Member since 2006 • 1085 Posts
nu metal garbage. their name was also used before, by a hardcore band on revelation records in the late 80s (or 1990-ish). that band also sucked. i guess bands called slipknot have a perfect track record of sucking.
dante_123456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 dante_123456
Member since 2005 • 15011 Posts

imo Slipknot is alright, but in in the metal spectrum they're probably one of the worst.

also, TC said "hoew can masks help them sell millions of CDs?" it's called a gimmick, or an image...and many, many untalented singers, and bands have gotten far in the music industry with just an image 

Franken_Berry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#26 Franken_Berry
Member since 2004 • 5968 Posts
Slipknot sold out almost as bad as Metallica, and they suck majorly.
MankAsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 MankAsh

imo Slipknot is alright, but in in the metal spectrum they're probably one of the worst.

also, TC said "hoew can masks help them sell millions of CDs?" it's called a gimmick, or an image...and many, many untalented singers, and bands have gotten far in the music industry with just an image 

dante_123456

Yes,but what im trying to say is the masks may first attract attention,just like if a band has a hot girl in it but when listening to a c.d the listener is blind to those so called gimmicks.

Also i witness the opposite.People hate on slipknot because they wear masks but when they actually sit down and listen they like them.So they must of lost alot of potential fans due to this gimmick.

laughingman42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 laughingman42
Member since 2007 • 8730 Posts
I like a few of there songs.
-Keel-_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 -Keel-_basic
Member since 2002 • 4137 Posts
Because their music is dull, uninspired, and completely misguided.  They play on childish emotions, and lack any real depth.  Technical talent of the musicians is rather irrelevant, as it has nothing to do with art in itself.  They're competent--if lackluster-- sure, but what metal band isn't?
laughingman42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 laughingman42
Member since 2007 • 8730 Posts
Because their music is dull, uninspired, and completely misguided. They play on childish emotions, and lack any real depth. Technical talent of the musicians is rather irrelevant, as it has nothing to do with art in itself. They're competent--if lackluster-- sure, but what metal band isn't?-Keel-_basic
But its entertaining when you feel like listening to something loud and obnoxious. (which I feel like sometimes) and its still better than Screamo
X360PS3AMD05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 X360PS3AMD05
Member since 2005 • 36320 Posts
They are a meh band....meh
Sharvie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#32 Sharvie
Member since 2006 • 8895 Posts
I used to like them their new tracks are so cheesy though.
wemhim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 wemhim
Member since 2005 • 16110 Posts
I'm not into that jive, but I don't know if it's crap, I don't really care either.
skullkrusher13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#34 skullkrusher13
Member since 2004 • 8629 Posts

ah, there it is.

-kaz3-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 -kaz3-
Member since 2006 • 7372 Posts
I don't really hate any band, I used to listen to like...5 of their songs before I moved on to diff. sub-genres. This was 2 years ago, and I never went back TBH. 
X360PS3AMD05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 X360PS3AMD05

ah, there it is.

skullkrusher13
I LOL'd :lol:
EboyLOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 EboyLOL
Member since 2006 • 5358 Posts
As ive been browsing the forum postings ive come across many slipknot haters.Like the people posting the 'TALENTLESS' picture and people talking crap about them not being metal,the mask's gave them success....what the hell!Is it bitterness or stupidness.I mean,theres nothing wrong with not liking them but all this rubbish about them being talentless....rrriight:lol: So joey jordison cant drum to save his life?corey taylor cant sing or write lyrics?Their guitarists just pick random notes?the....i could go on but its all rubbish!Anyone with an ounze of musical knowledge or qualifications in musical theory would know all members have talent.Just because the guitarists dont shred playing 30 notes pers second does not mean they cannot play.And how in gods name can wearing masks help you sell millions of c.d's.Like they say even if they didnt the music would be completely the same.Anyway tell me your thoughts.Im prepared for alot of uneducated comments but if you say something with thought and logic i will forgive you.:D Theres nothing wrong with not liking the music  just tell me why people bash...  MankAsh
They are talentless... they make the most un-melodic crap I've ever heard in my entire life.  You can't just say "if you have musical knowledge (whatever the hell that is) then you would know that they have talent".  Somebody I know went to Ozzfest, and Slipknot apparently got booed off the stage... I've heard metal fans talking about how they hate Slipknot, and I can only agree.  If you like the 'music' then that's fine I guess... but please don't try and shove it down my throat.  And no, you don't need to play 30 notes per second, but I've looked at tablatures of their playing, and they utilize a whopping 2 strings for one of their songs... I wouldn't mind if they sounded good, but they don't even do that :|
andrewsonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 andrewsonfire
Member since 2005 • 3283 Posts
i love slipknot because i am allways drawn to detuned guitars. i cant tell you why i just love low tuned metal. slipknot drops in there as low tuned metal... i like slipknot and theres nothing no one can say to let me do other wise.
pinneyapple

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 pinneyapple
Member since 2005 • 5566 Posts

As ive been browsing the forum postings ive come across many slipknot haters.Like the people posting the 'TALENTLESS' picture and people talking crap about them not being metal,the mask's gave them success....what the hell!Is it bitterness or stupidness.I mean,theres nothing wrong with not liking them but all this rubbish about them being talentless....rrriight:lol: So joey jordison cant drum to save his life?corey taylor cant sing or write lyrics?Their guitarists just pick random notes?the....i could go on but its all rubbish!Anyone with an ounze of musical knowledge or qualifications in musical theory would know all members have talent.Just because the guitarists dont shred playing 30 notes pers second does not mean they cannot play.And how in gods name can wearing masks help you sell millions of c.d's.Like they say even if they didnt the music would be completely the same.Anyway tell me your thoughts.Im prepared for alot of uneducated comments but if you say something with thought and logic i will forgive you.:D Theres nothing wrong with not liking the music just tell me why people bash... MankAsh

Sorry, talent and Slipknot do not go in the same sentence together. 

needled24-7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 needled24-7
Member since 2007 • 15902 Posts
i used to like slipknot. not so much anymore. but i have to admit that Disasterpieces is probably the coolest music dvd i've ever seen, especially for the tracks where you can switch angles. and Mate.Feed.Kill.Repeat is still a really good album.romocop33
I haven't heard every song off MFKR but on one song I heard (I forgot which one), all I could think was, "Wow, Anders sucks at singing" :P. I like Slipknot though.
X360PS3AMD05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 X360PS3AMD05
i love slipknot because i am allways drawn to detuned guitars. i cant tell you why i just love low tuned metal. slipknot drops in there as low tuned metal... i like slipknot and theres nothing no one can say to let me do other wise. andrewsonfire
Black Dahlia is so much better :D
DarkPrinceXC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 DarkPrinceXC
Member since 2003 • 5921 Posts
I'm not a huge fan of Slipknot, but I like quite a few of their songs.
crucifine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 crucifine
i love slipknot because i am allways drawn to detuned guitars. i cant tell you why i just love low tuned metal. slipknot drops in there as low tuned metal... i like slipknot and theres nothing no one can say to let me do other wise. andrewsonfire
So you're a fan of Sunn O))) then?
crucifine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 crucifine
[QUOTE="romocop33"]i used to like slipknot. not so much anymore. but i have to admit that Disasterpieces is probably the coolest music dvd i've ever seen, especially for the tracks where you can switch angles. and Mate.Feed.Kill.Repeat is still a really good album.needled24-7
I haven't heard every song off MFKR but on one song I heard (I forgot which one), all I could think was, "Wow, Anders sucks at singing" :P. I like Slipknot though.

Anders doesn't sing in Slipknot...could you possibly be thinking of In Flames?
trigun3x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 trigun3x
Member since 2004 • 1987 Posts
[QUOTE="andrewsonfire"]i love slipknot because i am allways drawn to detuned guitars. i cant tell you why i just love low tuned metal. slipknot drops in there as low tuned metal... i like slipknot and theres nothing no one can say to let me do other wise. crucifine
So you're a fan of Sunn O))) then?

Sunn O))) own anything Slipknot have written, and on a side note saw them with Boris on last week and they were both awesome bands
Avatar image for LostProphetFLCL
LostProphetFLCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 LostProphetFLCL
Member since 2006 • 18526 Posts

I think Slipknot is merely a victim of their own popularity.

They wouldn't get bashed they way they do if they weren't popular.

The band isn't terrible although I have certainly heard better and I really don't think the hate they get is deserved. 

romocop33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 romocop33

[QUOTE="needled24-7"][QUOTE="romocop33"]i used to like slipknot. not so much anymore. but i have to admit that Disasterpieces is probably the coolest music dvd i've ever seen, especially for the tracks where you can switch angles. and Mate.Feed.Kill.Repeat is still a really good album.crucifine

Anders doesn't sing in Slipknot...could you possibly be thinking of In Flames?

anders colsefini was the original singer in slipknot, on their first album, Mate.Feed.Kill.Repeat., which is in my opinion their best album and the only one i'll really ever listen to anymore. he wasn't the greatest singer, but he had a unique sound.

ShadyNinjaMan1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#48 ShadyNinjaMan1
Member since 2007 • 1448 Posts

Metalheads bash them because lots of non-metalheads are obsessed with them. These Slipknot listeners refuse to try any other metal band except for Slipknot.

Run-of-the-mill people bash them because they just sing about killing themselves, killing other people, whining, or making absolutely no sense. Their lyrics are very basic, but Corey tries to cover that up with long words that he sometimes finds the wrong definition for.

Examples: I wanna slit your throat and (sensored) the wound. (Just plain stupid)

You are wrong, (sensored), and overrated, I think I'm gonna be sick and it's your fault. (What the heck does that mean?)

People make noises when they're sick. (....Obviously?)

People = (sensored) (Yes, but I don't think humans are actually composed of feces, although that leaves our body a lot.

I can handle anything, even if I can't handle you! 

Parents hate them because their child decides to buy an album from them, and promises their parents that he/she won't do anything bad. Before you know it he's complaining for money for Hot Topic, wearing clothes that look ridiculously foolish, and mouthing off in school.

I hate them because they ripped off Mushroomhead with the idea of masks. Mushroomhead was good until they released Savior Sorrow, which should be titled "Worst Album Ever". Now they're the average Nu-metal tool.

I have Slipknot on my MP3 player because I'll let a fan of Slipknot in my school listen to it while they take a test, hoping that they'll stumble upon Iron Maiden, Neil Young, Bob Dylan, Agalloch, anything that isn't Slipknot!!! 

romocop33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 romocop33

I hate them because they ripped off Mushroomhead with the idea of masks. Mushroomhead was good until they released Savior Sorrow, which should be titled "Worst Album Ever". Now they're the average Nu-metal tool.

ShadyNinjaMan1

mushroomhead definately was not the first metal band to wear masks. gwar started wearing them in the '80's, and there are many others. 

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178883 Posts
Slipknot is the kind of band you like when you're new to music.