Should troops stay in Iraq or pull out?

• 56 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Pro_wrestler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#1 Pro_wrestler
Member since 2002 • 7880 Posts

I think they should come home.

doubutsuteki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 doubutsuteki
Member since 2004 • 3425 Posts

Pro_wrestler

This has been discussed so many times I'm just going to say yes - they should go home.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#3 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts
I was strongly against the war in Iraq.  I didn't agree with our reasons for going in or the strategy.  However, now that we are there, it would be diffiuclt to leave.  We can't just go in, topple the government and create chaos, then cut and run.  I want our troops home as soon as everybody else, but I don't know what would happen in Iraq if they just left.
thusaha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 thusaha
Member since 2007 • 14495 Posts

Pro_wrestler
Agreed.
Pro_wrestler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Pro_wrestler
Member since 2002 • 7880 Posts
I was strongly against the war in Iraq.  I didn't agree with our reasons for going in or the strategy.  However, now that we are there, it would be diffiuclt to leave.  We can't just go in, topple the government and create chaos, then cut and run.  I want our troops home as soon as everybody else, but I don't know what would happen in Iraq if they just left.sonicare
I understand 100%. We went into this war firedup with underestimation and no strategy, if only we would have developed a political fight, then a military war then would we have known what we were getting into to better prepare.
RogerC44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 70

#6 RogerC44
Member since 2006 • 2504 Posts
I think they should Go home.
Djammal86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#7 Djammal86
Member since 2006 • 6088 Posts

I was strongly against the war in Iraq. I didn't agree with our reasons for going in or the strategy. However, now that we are there, it would be diffiuclt to leave. We can't just go in, topple the government and create chaos, then cut and run. I want our troops home as soon as everybody else, but I don't know what would happen in Iraq if they just left.sonicare

I think we should just acknowledge that we made a mistake, like in vietnam, and just leave in peace. The war in that area has been going on since biblical times, so modern interventions are not going to stop it.

greeneye59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 greeneye59
Member since 2003 • 1079 Posts
Do one or the other, but people should be prepared for the consequences of those decisions. 
Guiltfeeder566

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 Guiltfeeder566
Member since 2005 • 10068 Posts
They sould come home.
miklifton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#10 miklifton
Member since 2004 • 6513 Posts
They should come home and then the U.S. Should mind their own business.
JustQuest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 JustQuest
Member since 2007 • 597 Posts
I would like them to return home to their families, kids growing up without their dads, its a shame really and very sad but I do understand that they are there for a reason.
tobenator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13 tobenator
Member since 2005 • 3777 Posts
We need to fully establish a democracy there, and get as many of the terrorists cleaned out that we can. Terrorism will be around forever, there really isn't a way to get rid of it completely. But putting a strong government that will fight terrorism in their country will keep terror attacks down around the globe. We need to finish what we started.
Mr_Manikin52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Mr_Manikin52
Member since 2004 • 12300 Posts
[QUOTE="Pro_wrestler"]

doubutsuteki

This has been discussed so many times I'm just going to say yes - they should go home.

...and let Iran's al-Quds forces countinue to train Iraqi death squads and militias. Hell no!

musicXpirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 musicXpirate
Member since 2005 • 3040 Posts
they should pull out, then nuke them. the world doesn't care about innocent people any more...
jerami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16 jerami
Member since 2003 • 1676 Posts
If they come home it will be just like NAM was!
Aznsilvrboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Aznsilvrboy
Member since 2002 • 11495 Posts
After being there for 3 years and no where near liberating Iraq, I say stay and finish the job.
snrsmith23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 snrsmith23
Member since 2004 • 1833 Posts

We need to fully establish a democracy there, and get as many of the terrorists cleaned out that we can. Terrorism will be around forever, there really isn't a way to get rid of it completely. But putting a strong government that will fight terrorism in their country will keep terror attacks down around the globe. We need to finish what we started.tobenator

I completly agree.

Def_Jef88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Def_Jef88
Member since 2006 • 17441 Posts
As much as it would be nice if they all came home, id say they should probably stay and finish the job first.
doubutsuteki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 doubutsuteki

I was strongly against the war in Iraq. I didn't agree with our reasons for going in or the strategy. However, now that we are there, it would be diffiuclt to leave. We can't just go in, topple the government and create chaos, then cut and run. I want our troops home as soon as everybody else, but I don't know what would happen in Iraq if they just left.sonicare

Most iraqis want the occupation forces to leave, so they should leave. The invasion shouldn't have taken place in the first place. The fact that it took place does not change anything.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

[QUOTE="sonicare"]I was strongly against the war in Iraq. I didn't agree with our reasons for going in or the strategy. However, now that we are there, it would be diffiuclt to leave. We can't just go in, topple the government and create chaos, then cut and run. I want our troops home as soon as everybody else, but I don't know what would happen in Iraq if they just left.doubutsuteki

Most iraqis want the occupation forces to leave, so they should leave. The invasion shouldn't have taken place in the first place. The fact that it took place does not change anything.

Hard to say.  They blame the US forces for not keeping the citizens safe against insurgent and ethnic violence - that would only worsen with a pull out.

doubutsuteki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 doubutsuteki
[QUOTE="doubutsuteki"][QUOTE="Pro_wrestler"]

Mr_Manikin52

...and let Iran's al-Quds forces countinue to train Iraqi death squads and militias. Hell no!

You asked for it, fool! If the occupation forces stay it is against the will of the vast majority of iraqis.

doubutsuteki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 doubutsuteki
[QUOTE="doubutsuteki"]

[QUOTE="sonicare"]I was strongly against the war in Iraq. I didn't agree with our reasons for going in or the strategy. However, now that we are there, it would be diffiuclt to leave. We can't just go in, topple the government and create chaos, then cut and run. I want our troops home as soon as everybody else, but I don't know what would happen in Iraq if they just left.sonicare

Hard to say. They blame the US forces for not keeping the citizens safe against insurgent and ethnic violence - that would only worsen with a pull out.

Yes, most journalists have talked only to a minority of sell-outs who want the occupation forces to stay, precisely because the violence against them would worsen. No wonder - they are the wealthy who seek protection from the occupation forces to enslave the rest of the people.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
[QUOTE="sonicare"][QUOTE="doubutsuteki"]

[QUOTE="sonicare"]I was strongly against the war in Iraq. I didn't agree with our reasons for going in or the strategy. However, now that we are there, it would be diffiuclt to leave. We can't just go in, topple the government and create chaos, then cut and run. I want our troops home as soon as everybody else, but I don't know what would happen in Iraq if they just left.doubutsuteki

Hard to say. They blame the US forces for not keeping the citizens safe against insurgent and ethnic violence - that would only worsen with a pull out.

Yes, most journalists have talked only to a minority of sell-outs who want the occupation forces to stay, precisely because the violence against them would worsen. No wonder - they are the wealthy who seek protection from the occupation forces to enslave the rest of the people.

The wealthy have all left or are in more tenable positions - those with the means that is. It is the common man who is being murdered in the streets.  It's not that many of these people desire the US trooops to stay, they just want security and their daily routines to return. 

Marx_Brother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Marx_Brother
Member since 2007 • 726 Posts
[QUOTE="doubutsuteki"]

[QUOTE="sonicare"]I was strongly against the war in Iraq. I didn't agree with our reasons for going in or the strategy. However, now that we are there, it would be diffiuclt to leave. We can't just go in, topple the government and create chaos, then cut and run. I want our troops home as soon as everybody else, but I don't know what would happen in Iraq if they just left.sonicare

Hard to say.  They blame the US forces for not keeping the citizens safe against insurgent and ethnic violence - that would only worsen with a pull out.

You do realise that the US invasion caused the violence in iraq? US and Britain have done far more damage than Saddam would ever dream of.

Hinata237

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#26 Hinata237
Member since 2006 • 9416 Posts
After being there for 3 years and no where near liberating Iraq, I say stay and finish the job.Aznsilvrboy
doubutsuteki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 doubutsuteki
[QUOTE="doubutsuteki"][QUOTE="sonicare"][QUOTE="doubutsuteki"]

The wealthy have all left or are in more tenable positions - those with the means that is. It is the common man who is being murdered in the streets. It's not that many of these people desire the US trooops to stay, they just want security and their daily routines to return.

And that security will not come any time soon either way - but you are fooled if you think that the violence will gradually decrease the longer the occupation forces stay. Like I said, the invasion and occupation shouldn't have taken place.

Hexum-311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Hexum-311
Member since 2007 • 1158 Posts
Come home. They should have never been there in the first place.
Mr_Manikin52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Mr_Manikin52
Member since 2004 • 12300 Posts
[QUOTE="Mr_Manikin52"][QUOTE="doubutsuteki"][QUOTE="Pro_wrestler"]

doubutsuteki

...and let Iran's al-Quds forces countinue to train Iraqi death squads and militias. Hell no!

You asked for it, fool! If the occupation forces stay it is against the will of the vast majority of iraqis.

I get my sources from Iranian exile groups, my friend.:roll:

Fortier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Fortier
Member since 2004 • 7728 Posts
I was so dissapointed in myself when I laughed at "Should the troops pull out"...
jrhawk42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 jrhawk42
Member since 2003 • 12764 Posts

what most people don't realize is that if we want to stay we are there for another 10 years.  This is the terrorist battle plan, they just wait us out until we get bored or go broke (it worked w/ russia).

I say pull out now cause there's no way the public will support the war for 10 more years.  Your just gonna end up with a bunch of pissed of soldiers in the desert looking for somebody to take their frustrastions out on, and a bunch of pissed of Iraqis wishing saddam was back in power.

NathanHawkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 NathanHawkins
Member since 2006 • 4470 Posts
they should stay for many reasons...but don't worry those of you who support the withdrawl; it probably will happen because of political opinion.
Devouring_One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#33 Devouring_One
Member since 2004 • 32312 Posts
of course they should come home but only when the job is finished
jackelhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 jackelhunter
Member since 2005 • 598 Posts
the problem is that if we pull out right now Iran would want to take it over and eventually the entire middle east will be engulfed in the war.  then we would HAVE to stay to make sure everything goes into chaos.  as terrible as the war is, i think we should stay at least until Iraq has a stable government that could take care of themselves.  but this could possibly take several more years.
vegas_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#35 vegas_6
Member since 2007 • 150 Posts
Most people don't understand the situation in Iraq. It's not as easy as "just coming home". Do you realize the shape Iraq is in right now and with virtually every other nation pulling out of the war, if the US were to pull out, Iraq is left IN CHAOS. They have a Democracy that is failing and still Al-Qaeda lurking everywhere who very well may take over the government. The only thing that is keeping Iraq moderately in check right now is the troops over there in Iraq. I agree declaring war on Iraq in the first place was absolutely pointless and now we have got ourselves into this huge mess but leaving right now would also be incredibly stupid.
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#36 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
The US should not try to police the world. That is what the UN is for.
MagnumPI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 MagnumPI
Member since 2002 • 9617 Posts

what most people don't realize is that if we want to stay we are there for another 10 years.  This is the terrorist battle plan, they just wait us out until we get bored or go broke (it worked w/ russia).

I say pull out now cause there's no way the public will support the war for 10 more years.  Your just gonna end up with a bunch of pissed of soldiers in the desert looking for somebody to take their frustrastions out on, and a bunch of pissed of Iraqis wishing saddam was back in power.

jrhawk42

Much progress has been made in Iraq. The losses there don't compare to vietnam nor any other war. The amount of equipment and men expended in vietnam makes this engagement look like a crumb by comparison, a joke.

But you're right. They could never defeat us. They don't stand a chance. They are so outgunned that it's like shooting fish in a barrel. So all they can do is hide. They figure if they can't win they won't fight. Once we leave they will assume the abort a victory. Because where they come from a team can simply win a game by not showing up and waiting for the other team to leave.

The U.S has been making progress. A lot lately most likey because they have been sifting through the hay until the needs no longer have a place to hide. The probably figure if they eliminate or capture enough figureheads the moral will continue to lower until  they are no longer organized.

Def_Jef88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Def_Jef88

The US should not try to police the world. That is what the UN is for.foxhound_fox

:lol:

Oh god, your serious... :| 

kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 kitty  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 115429 Posts
 we didnt need to be there in the first place
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#40 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
:lol:

Def_Jef88

Since when have I ever been serious about world politics? :P

It was a joke.
Def_Jef88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Def_Jef88
[QUOTE="Def_Jef88"]:lol:

foxhound_fox

Since when have I ever been serious about world politics? :P

It was a joke.

oh good, i thought you were insisting that the UN actually did anything...
snrsmith23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 snrsmith23
Member since 2004 • 1833 Posts
 we didnt need to be there in the first place2ndWonder
Even though we went there because of "WMD's", Saddam Hussein was an evil person that murdered hundreds of people and needed to be over thrown.
MagnumPI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 MagnumPI
Member since 2002 • 9617 Posts
 we didnt need to be there in the first place2ndWonder
That's heresy.
Taegukki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Taegukki
Member since 2005 • 13241 Posts
They dont have a choice now, its too late. They have to clean up their mess, if they leave now it will be civil war.
doubutsuteki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 doubutsuteki
[QUOTE="doubutsuteki"][QUOTE="Mr_Manikin52"][QUOTE="doubutsuteki"][QUOTE="Pro_wrestler"]

Mr_Manikin52

I get my sources from Iranian exile groups, my friend.:roll:

Then direct me to where I can read what these sources have to say.

doubutsuteki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 doubutsuteki

[QUOTE="2ndWonder"] we didnt need to be there in the first placesnrsmith23
Even though we went there because of "WMD's", Saddam Hussein was an evil person that murdered hundreds of people and needed to be over thrown.

And how many did Bush and Blair kill? 

double_decker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#47 double_decker
Member since 2006 • 146090 Posts
Yes, they should either end the war quickly and efficiently or pull out and stop dragging it out, no matter what we do nobody is going to be nice to us over it, so just get it over with and move on
linkthewindow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 linkthewindow
Member since 2005 • 5654 Posts
\

[QUOTE="snrsmith23"][QUOTE="2ndWonder"] we didnt need to be there in the first placedoubutsuteki

And how many did Bush and Blair kill?

Alright, prepare for Wikipedia... Saddam: 200,000 dead or "missing" Bush: 60,000 (Iraq Body Count) to 654,965 (maximum) /\Killed by Bush and insurgents. But those people probably would not have died if Bush did not enter Iraq.
Conanfan1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Conanfan1
Member since 2005 • 8014 Posts
Stay and finish the job
JekL-0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 JekL-0
Member since 2006 • 110 Posts
While it may seem like a mistake now, it could turn out to be a big victory against extremists in the near future or however long it takes to set up a stable Iraq. I think we should stay and finish the job, there is progress being made but it is slow. The American people need to understand that stuff takes time, creating a stable government from chaos is not just some frozen hot pocket you throw in the microwave and eat in 2 1/2 minutes. You cant put time limits on stuff like this because deadlines only make the enemy fight harder, we need to put forth the image that we are commited to completing the job, once they get the message we arent going to leave soon they will eventually loose the will to fight. You all have to understand that the majority of insurgents are just people caught up in the anti-coalition hype. They hear a blood pumping rant by an imam and they all go grab thier AK's to go fight the invader. Its the equivilant to kids watching the superbowl and going out and playing some football after the game, this just cause senseless deaths. It also seems apparent that the majority of people who want us to pull out of Iraq have never been there or been outside the United States. While I havent been to Iraq, I am currently in Africa and I can tell you what a difference American militay presence can do for the security of the people here. As long as we are here, terrorists cannot move freely and that makes a big difference.