Should level 1 and 2 forumers be allowed to start new threads?

• 57 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

rahzel31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 rahzel31
Member since 2004 • 2373 Posts
Most level 1 and 2 forumers post the most useless, spam, repeated and/or worst threads. Do you think that they should only be allowed to start new threads once they are level 3, so they know the ropes and whatnot? personally I think so, I'm sick of them repeating a thread thats been done like 5 times before or has been stickied. your thoughts?
Bourbons3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2 Bourbons3
Member since 2003 • 24238 Posts
No, for the most part
marolia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#3 marolia
Member since 2004 • 4030 Posts
No.
-kaz3-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 -kaz3-
Member since 2006 • 7372 Posts
No, for a large majority of the posting level 1 & 2 forumites. Anyway, with a small aount of usage, you'll get to level 3-4 in a couple of days.
seph_cool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 seph_cool
Member since 2005 • 177 Posts
Yes! Because what if the person isnt a total n00b, and is a mature person that wants to post a question, but not spam, or troll.

Also its not jist lvl 1 and 2 members who spam the boards
krunkmastax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 krunkmastax
Member since 2004 • 36027 Posts
[QUOTE="seph_cool"]Yes! Because what if the person isnt a total n00b, and is a mature person that wants to post a question, but not spam, or troll.

This post gets 5 stars...its not the level or post count its the person behind it.
rahzel31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 rahzel31
[QUOTE="seph_cool"]Yes! Because what if the person isnt a total n00b, and is a mature person that wants to post a question, but not spam, or troll.

It doesn't take long to get to level 3. 90% of level 1 and, to a lesser extent, 2 forumers post spam
-Karayan-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 -Karayan-
Member since 2006 • 6713 Posts
Where does it end? First you say the level 1 and 2-ers can't make threads, then the atheist, the Jews and the Muslims, then the women, then everyone who isn't arian, and then only the Führer may make new threads!
wrlyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 wrlyy
Member since 2006 • 7632 Posts
[QUOTE="-Karayan-"]Where does it end? First you say the level 1 and 2-ers can't make threads, then the atheist, the Jews and the Muslims, then the women, then everyone who isn't arian, and then only the Führer may make new threads!

Exactly!
rahzel31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 rahzel31
[QUOTE="-Karayan-"]Where does it end? First you say the level 1 and 2-ers can't make threads, then the atheist, the Jews and the Muslims, then the women, then everyone who isn't arian, and then only the Führer may make new threads!

sorry mate, its just level 1 and 2
seph_cool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 seph_cool
[QUOTE="rahzel31"][QUOTE="seph_cool"]Yes! Because what if the person isnt a total n00b, and is a mature person that wants to post a question, but not spam, or troll.

It doesn't take long to get to level 3. 90% of level 1 and, to a lesser extent, 2 forumers post spam

Yes, but then what about the higher ranks, you think as soon as they hit level 3, they instantly all become polite and dont troll. The majority of trollers are lvl 5+. And I say again, some lvl 1 and 2 posters arent trolls, you just have to ignore the trolls, but the fact is people feed the trolls, by saying stuff such a 'Omg, troll topic, dont feed the troll' which does in fact feed the troll
double_decker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#13 double_decker
Member since 2006 • 146090 Posts

I' say level 6 would be a good level to allow them to make posts by then they should have a better feel for the users, etc. and it would discourage some of the spammers

seph_cool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 seph_cool

I' say level 6 would be a good level to allow them to make posts by then they should have a better feel for the users, etc. and it would discourage some of the spammers

double_decker
You know how pissing off that would be for some users. Especially the users that want to ask a question, but cannot, unless ask in another topic, but then that would be seen as spam. Just live with the trolls, its the only thing! They wont go away, as they will always be trolls, even at higher levels.
double_decker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 double_decker
I say they shouldn't be able to create topics in OT until level 6, they can just post actively in others threads until they earn the right to. But they should still be able to make threads in forums like Welcome Newbies so that they can have thier questions answered:)
RPG-er

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 RPG-er
Member since 2003 • 19301 Posts
no. what is that like 2 days without making a thread. i dont even make threads.
Resident_Hiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Resident_Hiro
Member since 2007 • 149 Posts
Remember we were all level 1 once
seph_cool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 seph_cool
Remember we were all level 1 onceResident_Hiro
Exactkly, and you werent all trollers or spammers. How would you feel if you signed up, wanted to post something and it comes up with CANNOT POST TILL LEVEL 3!
RPG-er

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 RPG-er
Member since 2003 • 19301 Posts
[QUOTE="Resident_Hiro"]Remember we were all level 1 onceseph_cool
Exactkly, and you werent all trollers or spammers. How would you feel if you signed up, wanted to post something and it comes up with CANNOT POST TILL LEVEL 3!

you're feel to post. just not make a thread.
double_decker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 double_decker

Exactkly, and you werent all trollers or spammers. How would you feel if you signed up, wanted to post something and it comes up with CANNOT POST TILL LEVEL 3!seph_cool

I think it would be a good thing, it would help save on moderations because you wouldn't get ToS violations for making a wrong type of thread on certain boards, not to mention help prevent people from being able to make an account, and start spamming/advertising on thier first post. Level 6 isn't hard to reach at all, and would only take a week or two to reach. I've only been active for a few months and I still hardly ever make a thread. You should hve to get a feel for the site before you are able to make a thread. It's not like you can't post in threads, you just can't make them. Althouh if they do that they should make it so they can atleast make threads to ask questions in Ask the Mods and Welcome Newbies forums.

Oscar-Wilde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Oscar-Wilde
Member since 2007 • 1675 Posts
 Well thats the thing it would be counter-productive to not let newbies post in the newbie forum until level 6....
besides its not like we are having some kind of "troll invation" also not a lot of high level people post or start threads in the newbie board
rahzel31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 rahzel31
[QUOTE="seph_cool"][QUOTE="rahzel31"][QUOTE="seph_cool"]Yes! Because what if the person isnt a total n00b, and is a mature person that wants to post a question, but not spam, or troll.

Yes, but then what about the higher ranks, you think as soon as they hit level 3, they instantly all become polite and dont troll. The majority of trollers are lvl 5+. And I say again, some lvl 1 and 2 posters arent trolls, you just have to ignore the trolls, but the fact is people feed the trolls, by saying stuff such a 'Omg, troll topic, dont feed the troll' which does in fact feed the troll

I'm not talking about troll thread, I'm more annoyed about the incredibly n00b topics that have been posted countless times or have been stickied. i.e. "suggest me some games" is a pretty common one when theres a stickied recommendation t
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178881 Posts
Yes........it's not the level tht creates the spam and I've seen some higher level spammers.
rahzel31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 rahzel31
Yes........it's not the level tht creates the spam and I've seen some higher level spammers.LJS9502_basic
If level 1 and 2-er weren't allowed to make threads it would eliminate more than half the spam topics, I reckon
seph_cool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 seph_cool
[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]Yes........it's not the level tht creates the spam and I've seen some higher level spammers.rahzel31
If level 1 and 2-er weren't allowed to make threads it would eliminate more than half the spam topics, I reckon

Boy are your calculations wrong.
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 LJS9502_basic
[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]Yes........it's not the level tht creates the spam and I've seen some higher level spammers.rahzel31

Very few posters here are level 1 or 2. Most of the spam is from higher level posters.
rahzel31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 rahzel31
[QUOTE="rahzel31"][QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]Yes........it's not the level tht creates the spam and I've seen some higher level spammers.LJS9502_basic

Very few posters here are level 1 or 2. Most of the spam is from higher level posters.

remember, I'm talking about threads not posts. also I'm talking about the whole forum, not just off-topic board
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 LJS9502_basic
remember, I'm talking about threads not posts.rahzel31
And? As I said there are very few level 1 or 2 posters.....therefore, they are not the problem. Higher levels are. It comes down to maturity which leveling does not grant. :roll:
EJ902

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 EJ902
Member since 2005 • 14338 Posts
Yes they should in my opinion, but I also think there should be limitiations on how many threads they can make, and new users shouldn't be given access to some boards like System Wars.
SolidSnake_108

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 SolidSnake_108
Member since 2006 • 11952 Posts
We should just kill them all......
rahzel31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 rahzel31
[QUOTE="rahzel31"]remember, I'm talking about threads not posts.LJS9502_basic
And? As I said there are very few level 1 or 2 posters.....therefore, they are not the problem. Higher levels are. It comes down to maturity which leveling does not grant. :roll:

I'm sorry, but I've seen plenty of level 1 and 2 posters, especially on the wii board and system wars.
ardent163

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 ardent163
Member since 2005 • 407 Posts

[QUOTE="-Karayan-"]Where does it end? First you say the level 1 and 2-ers can't make threads, then the atheist, the Jews and the Muslims, then the women, then everyone who isn't arian, and then only the Führer may make new threads!wrlyy
Exactly!

Ahh, the concept behind the messege from that user is pretty much the basis for my reply. It's also like one thing on the forums that isn't restricted yet.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 LJS9502_basic
[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="rahzel31"]remember, I'm talking about threads not posts.rahzel31

I'm sorry, but I've seen plenty of level 1 and 2 posters, especially on the wii board and system wars.

I don't go there. My posts were not spam when I was level 1 or 2....and a good posters won't be. Again....it comes to maturity. Spammers eventually get banned.....but they don't change their style.
-Karayan-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 -Karayan-
[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="rahzel31"]remember, I'm talking about threads not posts.rahzel31

This isn't the Wii board. You can't deny the rights for posters here because there are problems elsewhere.
double_decker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 double_decker

I don't go there. My posts were not spam when I was level 1 or 2....and a good posters won't be. Again....it comes to maturity. Spammers eventually get banned.....but they don't change their style.LJS9502_basic

On a serious note, when I started I made some topics that got locked, because I didn't read stickied threads and had no clue what I was doing, I also flamed and spammed some, but am I a bad poster now?

four_aces

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 four_aces
Member since 2007 • 845 Posts

what women?
krunkmastax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 krunkmastax
Member since 2004 • 36027 Posts
[QUOTE="four_aces"][QUOTE="-Karayan-"]Where does it end? First you say the level 1 and 2-ers can't make threads, then the atheist, the Jews and the Muslims, then the women, then everyone who isn't arian, and then only the Führer may make new threads!

what women?

The women on Gamespot. :|
rahzel31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 rahzel31
[QUOTE="rahzel31"][QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="rahzel31"]remember, I'm talking about threads not posts.-Karayan-

This isn't the Wii board. You can't deny the rights for posters here because there are problems elsewhere.

And when did I say they should be restricted in OT only? I posted this thread here because its not relevant to games.
rahzel31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 rahzel31
[QUOTE="four_aces"][QUOTE="-Karayan-"]Where does it end? First you say the level 1 and 2-ers can't make threads, then the atheist, the Jews and the Muslims, then the women, then everyone who isn't arian, and then only the Führer may make new threads!

what women?

rofl
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 LJS9502_basic

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]

I don't go there. My posts were not spam when I was level 1 or 2....and a good posters won't be. Again....it comes to maturity. Spammers eventually get banned.....but they don't change their style.double_decker

On a serious note, when I started I made some topics that got locked, because I didn't read stickied threads and had no clue what I was doing, I also flamed and spammed some, but am I a bad poster now?

I hadn't noticed you doing that......but then I didn't know you when you were a low level. The TOU here are one of the strictest so without familiarizing yourself errors can be made.
-Karayan-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 -Karayan-

what women?

Lol, believe it or not but there are a few. :P
double_decker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 double_decker

I hadn't noticed you doing that......but then I didn't know you when you were a low level. The TOU here are one of the strictest so without familiarizing yourself errors can be made. LJS9502_basic

Yeah, I posted a little when I first joined and got in some trouble, and learned from some moderations, then I lurked for months to get the hang of things and watched things get cleaned up in here. I also went to Ask the Mods forum and read what others got in trouble for and tried to learn from them. But I was guilty of what alot of newbs do, my first topic I ever made was a relationship thread:lol: Another thread I made in here was a "Hi I'm new" thread which was also locked :lol: So I try to be a little more forgiving because I made alot of the same mistakes

rahzel31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 rahzel31

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]

I hadn't noticed you doing that......but then I didn't know you when you were a low level. The TOU here are one of the strictest so without familiarizing yourself errors can be made. double_decker

Yeah, I posted a little when I first joined and got in some trouble, and learned from some moderations, then I lurked for months to get the hang of things and watched things get cleaned up in here. I also went to Ask the Mods forum and read what others got in trouble for and tried to learn from them. But I was guilty of what alot of newbs do, my first topic I ever made was a relationship thread:lol: Another thread I made in here was a "Hi I'm new" thread which was also locked :lol: So I try to be a little more forgiving because I made alot of the same mistakes

See people? A lot of level 1 and 2ers are like this
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 LJS9502_basic
[QUOTE="rahzel31"] See people? A lot of level 1 and 2ers are like this

*sigh* I'm going to be honest with you.......this thread is not classified as a good nor necessary topic....and you are level 25. But only have 2K posts. Maybe we shouldn't let anyone with under 3K posts make new threads since the experience comes from the posting itself and not the leveling.
double_decker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 double_decker

*sigh* I'm going to be honest with you.......this thread is not classified as a good nor necessary topic....and you are level 25. But only have 2K posts. Maybe we shouldn't let anyone with under 3K posts make new threads since the experience comes from the posting itself and not the leveling.LJS9502_basic

He's right, to be technical this thread should have gone in General Discussion they have a thread Subscriber Enhancement Idea Thread for ideas like yours:)

rahzel31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 rahzel31
[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="rahzel31"] See people? A lot of level 1 and 2ers are like this

*sigh* I'm going to be honest with you.......this thread is not classified as a good nor necessary topic....and you are level 25. But only have 2K posts. Maybe we shouldn't let anyone with under 3K posts make new threads since the experience comes from the posting itself and not the leveling.

Yeah it's not one of my best topics, but I just needed to do it after being frustrated on the wii board. IMO I look at people who are level 7 and have like thousands of posts and just think they are spammers. I don't post in every topic I look in, I just post when I feel I should. I don't visit OT often until recently, so that would probably explain my (apparently) low post count.
rahzel31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 rahzel31

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]

*sigh* I'm going to be honest with you.......this thread is not classified as a good nor necessary topic....and you are level 25. But only have 2K posts. Maybe we shouldn't let anyone with under 3K posts make new threads since the experience comes from the posting itself and not the leveling.double_decker

He's right, to be technical this thread should have gone in General Discussion they have a thread Subscriber Enhancement Idea Thread for ideas like yours:)

that board isn't even on the front page isn't it? EDIT: I'm not a subscriber.
double_decker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 double_decker

that board isn't even on the front page isn't it?rahzel31

It is, but it's a members board, you could have also went to Welcome Newbies board if you aren't a subscriber and put it in the Levels stickied thread, since it is about users levels

rahzel31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 rahzel31

[QUOTE="rahzel31"]

that board isn't even on the front page isn't it?double_decker

It is, but it's a members board, you could have also went to Welcome Newbies board if you aren't a subscriber and put it in the Levels stickied thread, since it is about users levels

Probably would've gone unnoticed anyways.