Should I transfer to a different University

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Mercenary848

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Mercenary848
Member since 2007 • 12139 Posts

Ok a little backstory, I left home to go to college in 2011 and I have been enjoying it so far. But I originally planned to transfer to a better school once I got my credits and gpa up. I did but I enjoyed this place and I just felt content to graduate here. I am entering my junior year, and I still have grades to transfer and I really want something new. The thing is though I am graduating Fall 2015 as scheduled now, but if I transferred to the better school I might push it back to spring or summer 2016(which would not be to bad, as long as I graduate before I turn 24). I have an internship set up here in the future, but I know I could easily find another at the other school. Also it might be more of a financial strain but I believe its worth it.

Star67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#3 Star67
Member since 2005 • 5168 Posts

If you're at a community college or a for profit college, then yes transfer to a state school or private liberal arts college. If you're already at a state school and thinking about transferring to another one then don't. State schools are all the same.

Mercenary848

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Mercenary848

@summerparadise: Thanks for the words bro, and this has been my mentality for awhile now. I know it all works out in the end, its just i'm at that stage in my life where my focuses have shifted and I really know what I want to do. Its more a balancing act of seeing where I can go that will fit, all of the things I want to do and still be feasible for me and my family.

Mercenary848

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Mercenary848

@Star67: Im already at a decent state school but im looking at the best one in my state right now UGA. I was thinking the same thing as you, and honestly around this time last year I thought about taking a year off of school just because I was starting to wonder what I wanted to do with my life. The thing is I do not want to just transfer because it has a better program in my field, but also the experience and opportunities I can get in the city and environment it is in.

Mercenary848

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Mercenary848

@summerparadise: Money I am good on becuase of family and scholarships, and yeah its in the US.