Should Canada spend more on their military???

• 71 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Vilot_Hero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Vilot_Hero
Member since 2008 • 4522 Posts

Even though Canada's military is one of the best in the world, I still think the Government should spend more on the military. Maybe Canada could invade India or France one day, and take over their territory. What does everyone think?

helium_flash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#2 helium_flash
Member since 2007 • 9244 Posts
Why would Canada need to spend more on the military when they have the US right below them?
Avatar image for deactivated-5e836a855beb2
deactivated-5e836a855beb2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 deactivated-5e836a855beb2
Member since 2005 • 95573 Posts
Why would Canada want to invade France or India? That would just result in someone handing them their ass.
Vilot_Hero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Vilot_Hero

So Canada can invade America and take away their land. We have some of the greatest technology in the world.

Pirate700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Pirate700
Member since 2008 • 46465 Posts
What little military they have is barely needed. The US would never allow anything to happen to Canadia.
Oleg_Huzwog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Oleg_Huzwog
Member since 2007 • 21885 Posts
I would support a Canadian invasion of France.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 deactivated-5e836a855beb2

We have some of the greatest technology in the world.

Vilot_Hero
Upgraded to bronze yet?
FalcoLX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 FalcoLX
Member since 2007 • 4452 Posts

So Canada can invade America and take away their land. We have some of the greatest technology in the world.

Vilot_Hero
Everyone knows you're a troll, just give it a rest already. It's not funny anymore.
Severed_Hand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Severed_Hand
Member since 2007 • 3402 Posts
It's not needed. Nor do I want it to happen.
Pirate700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Pirate700

Vilot_Hero
:lol: wow.
Vilot_Hero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Vilot_Hero
You're an American, right??? Everyone should know Canada has never been defeated.
Avatar image for NecroKvltMuffin
NecroKvltMuffin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 NecroKvltMuffin
Member since 2007 • 9334 Posts
Good joke thread.
FalcoLX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 FalcoLX
You're an American, right??? Everyone should know Canada has never been defeated.Vilot_Hero
It's kinda hard to be defeated when you haven't fought a real war by yourself in the last century. Canada provided very minor support in WW1 and 2.
EvilSteveo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 EvilSteveo
Member since 2008 • 1995 Posts
If Canada does invade France , which it will not I go braveheart on they arse because of the Auld Alliance. Plus canada would have to fight the uk as well if they invade France.
DDRMom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 DDRMom
Member since 2008 • 1360 Posts
Most definitely we should be spending more on our military.
Dylan_11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Dylan_11
Member since 2005 • 11296 Posts
Well I don't agree with the TC's outlook on our country I would say that many of you American's really don't understand Canada. We are not some underdeveloped country hanging on to America's support. We can stand alone. Well I don't agree that we have some of the most advanced technology in the world, I would say that we are up there with great discoveries. With regards to our military frankly we have what we have, we never needed any more. They are well trained and well equipped, and really the only time we ever see action anymore is when America get's in trouble. So please stop treating Canada like this people, many of you have never been here, don't judge what you do not know.
Dylan_11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Dylan_11
[QUOTE="Vilot_Hero"]You're an American, right??? Everyone should know Canada has never been defeated.FalcoLX
It's kinda hard to be defeated when you haven't fought a real war by yourself in the last century. Canada provided very minor support in WW1 and 2.

Very minor, wow. I am actually embarrassed for you.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 deactivated-5e836a855beb2
Well I don't agree with the TC's outlook on our country I would say that many of you American's really don't understand Canada. We are not some underdeveloped country hanging on to America's support. We can stand alone. Well I don't agree that we have some of the most advanced technology in the world, I would say that we are up there with great discoveries. With regards to our military frankly we have what we have, we never needed any more. They are well trained and well equipped, and really the only time we ever see action anymore is when America get's in trouble. So please stop treating Canada like this people, many of you have never been here, don't judge what you do not know. Dylan_11
I wasn't being serious :lol: You need to check your sarcasm detector! And I've been to Canada multiple times.
Pirate700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Pirate700
[QUOTE="Vilot_Hero"]You're an American, right??? Everyone should know Canada has never been defeated.FalcoLX

Hey providing mapple syrup to real soldiers is serious business. :P
FalcoLX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 FalcoLX
Well I don't agree with the TC's outlook on our country I would say that many of you American's really don't understand Canada. We are not some underdeveloped country hanging on to America's support. We can stand alone. Well I don't agree that we have some of the most advanced technology in the world, I would say that we are up there with great discoveries. With regards to our military frankly we have what we have, we never needed any more. They are well trained and well equipped, and really the only time we ever see action anymore is when America get's in trouble. So please stop treating Canada like this people, many of you have never been here, don't judge what you do not know. Dylan_11
I've been there. I'm not saying Canada can't stand on its own and support itself, it's just not the world superpower Vilot-Hero makes it out to be.
Oleg_Huzwog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Oleg_Huzwog

[QUOTE="FalcoLX"][QUOTE="Vilot_Hero"]You're an American, right??? Everyone should know Canada has never been defeated.Pirate700

Hey providing mapple syrup to real soldiers is serious business. :P

Agreed. Nothing boosts troop morale more than a tasty breakfast. Can you imagine what would've happened to the Allies if they had to eat their pancakes without syrup? Chaos! Mutiny!

Setsa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#23 Setsa
Member since 2005 • 8431 Posts
Canada is not a military nation, we have enough allies to hold our own against any potential invasion. The only situation in which Canada would ever actually need a military is if all of our allies turn against us for some unknown reason, or if Quebec rebels :o
Dylan_11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Dylan_11
[QUOTE="Dylan_11"]Well I don't agree with the TC's outlook on our country I would say that many of you American's really don't understand Canada. We are not some underdeveloped country hanging on to America's support. We can stand alone. Well I don't agree that we have some of the most advanced technology in the world, I would say that we are up there with great discoveries. With regards to our military frankly we have what we have, we never needed any more. They are well trained and well equipped, and really the only time we ever see action anymore is when America get's in trouble. So please stop treating Canada like this people, many of you have never been here, don't judge what you do not know. Jandurin
I wasn't being serious :lol: You need to check your sarcasm detector! And I've been to Canada multiple times.

I wasn't actually talking to you sir, you I know with the sarcasm :P It's the people who bring up maple syrup whenever talking about Canada I was talking to.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 deactivated-5e836a855beb2
It's the people who bring up maple syrup whenever talking about Canada I was talking to.Dylan_11
But maple syrup is so delicious D:
Jango-Bawls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Jango-Bawls
Member since 2008 • 360 Posts
Okay, now I know this guy is a joke >_>
Oleg_Huzwog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Oleg_Huzwog

Okay, now I know this guy is a joke >_>Jango-Bawls

What do you mean "now"?

RushMetallica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#28 RushMetallica
Member since 2007 • 4501 Posts
you are very misinformed. First of all, Canada's military is definetly not one of the largest, maybe it looks that way because we interact so much with the American army. Secondly, there is no reason for a Canadian invasion, and it would never work, and the entire UN would be against it. Its good that you are trying to make topics, but please stop. You are epic failing.
Jango-Bawls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Jango-Bawls
Member since 2008 • 360 Posts

[QUOTE="Jango-Bawls"]Okay, now I know this guy is a joke >_>Oleg_Huzwog

What do you mean "now"?

Some of his previous posts before this were at least a tiny bit believable, while still being ridiculous.
DJ_Lae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#30 DJ_Lae
Member since 2002 • 42748 Posts

I think that one submarine and a couple dozen 20-year-old personnel carriers are sufficient.

How many tanks do we have, two? That's probably good enough, as long as one of them is capable of firing.

Memberino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#31 Memberino
Member since 2004 • 2253 Posts
Why are people on gamespot so obsessed with the military spending of countries!?
Pirate700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Pirate700
Why are people on gamespot so obsessed with the military spending of countries!?Memberino
A combination of teen angst and the extreme leftness of this forum's youth cause most of the threads complaining about the military and invasions.
espoac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#33 espoac
Member since 2005 • 4342 Posts

France's military expenditure:$61,571,330,000 vs. Canada's military expenditure: $18,695,342,000

I'm pretty sure Canada would get their ass handed to them by France.  

Avatar image for -TheSecondSign-
-TheSecondSign-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 -TheSecondSign-
Member since 2007 • 9301 Posts

Every well developed and stable nation should have a military. I don't know Canada's official statistics, but they assisted in the invasions of both countries we are currently fighting in.

aliblabla2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#35 aliblabla2007
Member since 2007 • 16756 Posts
Canada doesn't need to spend anything on its military. It's already capable of taking on India, Russia, the USA, China, the Galactic Empire, France, Germany, the UK, the Imperium of Man, God, Satan, and Chuck Norris... all through the power of the JTF2 and the hardcore tech they possess such as outdated air-superiority fighters. According to the TC, that is.
JCblueside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 JCblueside
Member since 2005 • 14529 Posts

It sounds like the TC wants Canada to become an evil imperialist nation. Shame, if he is a Canadian.

ishoturface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 64

#37 ishoturface
Member since 2007 • 12460 Posts

Even though Canada's military is one of the best in the world, I still think the Government should spend more on the military. Maybe Canada could invade India or France one day, and take over their territory. What does everyone think?

Vilot_Hero
best in the world? *cough* *cough*
ishoturface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 64

#38 ishoturface
Member since 2007 • 12460 Posts
[QUOTE="espoac"]

France's military expenditure:$61,571,330,000 vs. Canada's military expenditure: $18,695,342,000

I'm pretty sure Canada would get their ass handed to them by France.  

canadas military sucks (no offense)
LikeHaterade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 LikeHaterade
Member since 2007 • 10645 Posts

Don't worry Vilot_Hero. The NAU is right around the corner. Soon, your military will be our military! Muwahahahaha! 

Ahem.... 

bogaty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#40 bogaty
Member since 2003 • 4750 Posts

Vilot_Hero

Speaking as one who has served in the Canadian Armed Forces can I just say......

PLEASE

SHUT

UP!!!

Seriously.  Both your attitude and your world views are distrubing. Your ignorance concerning military theory, history, stategy and tactics is embarassing.  Your views on current events and geopolitics are surreal.

I've read in your previous posts that you wish to enlist.  You'd best check the jingoistic Rambo attitude at the door because guys like you don't make it through the pre-screening process.  

Better yet, just head over the border and try the US Army or Marines.  They've dropped their recruiting standards to the point that they're now taking gang members, felons, neo-nazis, the mained, and the mentally deficient.  I'm sure they'd have a place for you. 

Avatar image for swizz-the-gamer
swizz-the-gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 swizz-the-gamer
Member since 2005 • 8801 Posts

Yeah they only lost 45,300 soldiers in ww2. Show respect.
SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14834 Posts
I would support a Canadian invasion of France.Oleg_Huzwog
I would support a Canadian invasion of Quebec, but that's off topic. Canada....one of the best military? Really? I'm Canadian and I know that our military is pathetic. The government should spend waaayyyy more on our military.
bogaty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 bogaty

Canada doesn't need to spend anything on its military. It's already capable of taking on India, Russia, the USA, China, the Galactic Empire, France, Germany, the UK, the Imperium of Man, God, Satan, and Chuck Norris... all through the power of the JTF2 and the hardcore tech they possess such as outdated air-superiority fighters. According to the TC, that is.aliblabla2007

Yeah, but we'd have to hitch a ride to the fight because we have nothing in the way of transport capacity and near zero ability to project power.  Hell, when I served in Croatia and Bosnia, we had to beg for seats on a Spanish flight because we had no way of getting from the UK to Yugoslavia.

The JTF2.  What a farce.  Stillborn Rangers, I call them.  All 5 of them.

FalcoLX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 FalcoLX

[QUOTE="FalcoLX"][QUOTE="Vilot_Hero"]You're an American, right??? Everyone should know Canada has never been defeated.swizz-the-gamer

USA, France and, UK lost over 600,000 each, not including civilian casualties. I never said anything disrespectful about those that did participate, just that the country as a whole, wasn't very influential.

I'll reiterate, I don't have anything against Canada, I just think Vilot Hero needs to stfu.

bogaty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 bogaty

[QUOTE="Oleg_Huzwog"]I would support a Canadian invasion of France.SOedipus
I would support a Canadian invasion of Quebec, but that's off topic. Canada....one of the best military? Really? I'm Canadian and I know that our military is pathetic. The government should spend waaayyyy more on our military.

Not without a serious house-cleaning and prioritizing what we need.  Canada is still the most top-heavy military in NATO.  Higher general staff:boots-on-ground ratio than any other NATO country by far.  We spend retarded amounts of money on bilingualism and mandatory sensitivity training and then tell the troops to make due with 50 year old helicopters; 3rd rate diesel-electric subs bought from Buck-Tooth Nigel's Discount sub and Corgi Emporium, and "rustic" barracks that were hastily banged up in WWII.

LikeHaterade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 LikeHaterade
Member since 2007 • 10645 Posts

[QUOTE="aliblabla2007"]Canada doesn't need to spend anything on its military. It's already capable of taking on India, Russia, the USA, China, the Galactic Empire, France, Germany, the UK, the Imperium of Man, God, Satan, and Chuck Norris... all through the power of the JTF2 and the hardcore tech they possess such as outdated air-superiority fighters. According to the TC, that is.bogaty

Yeah, but we'd have to hitch a ride to the fight because we have nothing in the way of transport capacity and near zero ability to project power.  Hell, when I served in Croatia and Bosnia, we had to beg for seats on a Spanish flight because we had no way of getting from the UK to Yugoslavia.

It's funny you say that because in some of Vilot_Hero's previous threads, he pushes the JTF2 hard as a matter that they would be a HUGE contributing factor to a Canadian victory over India, China, etc...
FalcoLX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 FalcoLX
[QUOTE="Oleg_Huzwog"]I would support a Canadian invasion of France.SOedipus

He was being sarcastic. That's just the way Oleg posts.:P
FalcoLX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 FalcoLX

3rd rate diesel-electric subs bought from Buck-Tooth Nigel's Discount sub and Corgi Emporium

bogaty
epic
Avatar image for swizz-the-gamer
swizz-the-gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 swizz-the-gamer
Member since 2005 • 8801 Posts

[QUOTE="swizz-the-gamer"][QUOTE="FalcoLX"]It's kinda hard to be defeated when you haven't fought a real war by yourself in the last century. Canada provided very minor support in WW1 and 2.FalcoLX

USA, France and, UK lost over 600,000 each, not including civilian casualties. I never said anything disrespectful about those that did participate, just that the country as a whole, wasn't very influential.

I'll reiterate, I don't have anything against Canada, I just think Vilot Hero needs to stfu.

No, you have just made yourself look stupid. Russia's losses make the USA's look tiny yet I would never dare suggest that the USA had very 'minor' support in ww2. Once again this moronic attitude to ww2 that I have barely seen an American without shows it's self.
bogaty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 bogaty
[QUOTE="bogaty"]

[QUOTE="aliblabla2007"]Canada doesn't need to spend anything on its military. It's already capable of taking on India, Russia, the USA, China, the Galactic Empire, France, Germany, the UK, the Imperium of Man, God, Satan, and Chuck Norris... all through the power of the JTF2 and the hardcore tech they possess such as outdated air-superiority fighters. According to the TC, that is.LikeHaterade

It's funny you say that because in some of Vilot_Hero's previous threads, he pushes the JTF2 hard as a matter that they would be a HUGE contributing factor to a Canadian victory over India, China, etc...

Of course he does.  That would be because he has no concept of how a real-world military operates nor how the special forces component of that military is best utilized.  He keeps coming up with retarded scenarios like "Canada vs. Bumblescumistan" but neglects to mention where said wars were to be fought, why they are being fought, or what the objectives are.  He always jsut seems to assume our entire military just suddenly magics themselves over to wherever his wet dream invasion fantasy takes him and there's no consideration of how the Canucks would actually get there or support and supply themselves once there.  I guess logicistics just isn't as cool as his GI Joe image of the JTF2 that he got from too playing many rounds of Call of Duty 4 and Don Cherry's diatribes.

The one about Canada taking on Russia and the JTF2 (I think there are a less than 120 of them) all just "parachuting" into Russia and taking out their missile silos was worth a contemptuous snort or two, at least.Â