Stesilaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Stesilaus
Member since 2007 • 4999 Posts

Hezbollah (the organization whose legitimate resistance to Israeli imperialism has earned it classification as a "terrorist organization") has been fighting, alongside the Syrian Army, against ISIS in Syria.

The images below chronicle their shocking treatment of Christian artifacts that they discovered in churches and Christian homes ruined by the war in Syria.

SOURCE

In the interests of being fair and balanced, I really wanted to include some images of what ISIS does to Christians in Syria and Iraq.

But posting a picture of a six year old boy lying in a pool of blood with his head separated from his body would probably have been against the terms of service.

SamusBeliskner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By SamusBeliskner
Member since 2015 • 569 Posts

Muslims revere Jesus as a prophet.. I have heard ISIS soldiers say things like "praise be to him" after uttering his name. It is strange that ISIS destroys Christian artifacts, considering that Islam, Judiasm, and Christianity ultimately all believe in the same god.

themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 themajormayor
Member since 2011 • 25729 Posts

It's a terrorist organization with Christian members.

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By GazaAli
Member since 2007 • 25216 Posts

@themajormayor said:

alim298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 alim298
Member since 2012 • 2747 Posts

I think Hezbollah also has some Christian members...

Anyways the guy in the first photo doesn't look Lebanese to me at all.

Avatar image for deactivated-598fc45371265
deactivated-598fc45371265

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#7 deactivated-598fc45371265
Member since 2008 • 13247 Posts

They have to pay their respects to Comandante Jesus.

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

@alim298 said:

I think Hezbollah also has some Christian members...

Anyways the guy in the first photo doesn't look Lebanese to me at all.

How Libanese are supposed to look like ?

There´s a big bunch of "arabs" down here where I live, most are Libanese or from very close Libanese ascent and they don´t look "arab" to me, hell, half of them are blond.

alim298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 alim298

@raugutcon said:

There´s a big bunch of "arabs" down here where I live, most are Libanese or from very close Libanese ascent and they don´t look "arab" to me, hell, half of them are blond.

Exactly. They're supposed to look Turkish-like. But the guy in the first pic looks like a Hazara. Then again might be one of those zealot Shias from Afghanistan who has joined Hezbollah.

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

@alim298 said:
@raugutcon said:

Exactly. They're supposed to look Turkish-like. But the guy in the first pic looks like a Hazara. Then again might be one of those zealot Shias from Afghanistan who has joined Hezbollah.

How Turkish are supposed to look like ? or how are Pakistanis are supposed to look like ?

Stesilaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Stesilaus

@GazaAli said:
@themajormayor said:

Why do you dislike Hezbollah, GazaAli? Hasn't the organization been invaluable to the Palestinian cause?

whipassmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#12  Edited By whipassmt
Member since 2007 • 15375 Posts

Hezbollah has Christian members, that's news to me. I new the PLO did but I think the PLO was Arab-nationalist in their ideology and Hezbollah is Islamist, though maybe some Christians join the group because they think it's a Lebanese patriotic group and I think all the Christian militias (and all the other militias except Hezbollah) disarmed after the civil war in Lebanon so they don't have many options.

Hezbollah is apparently more humane than ISIS, but that really ain't saying much.

RTUUMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 RTUUMM
Member since 2008 • 4859 Posts

Dumb idiots think that Muslims hate all things Christian and whatever Christians relate to.

Muslims follow all of that Christian stuff too because Islam is not a new separate religion, its the continuation of Christianity which is the continuation of Judaism.

Of course just like Jews think all that Jesus stuff that came about is nonsense, Christians believe all that Mohammed stuff is nonsense.

But to a Mulism, Islam is from the very beginning (Judaism), continues on with Jesus (Christianity), and keeps going with Mohammed.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14  Edited By deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

@samusbeliskner said:

Muslims revere Jesus as a prophet.. I have heard ISIS soldiers say things like "praise be to him" after uttering his name. It is strange that ISIS destroys Christian artifacts, considering that Islam, Judiasm, and Christianity ultimately all believe in the same god.

Doesn't ISIS destroy Muslim artifacts too? They also take the artifacts and sell them at high class auctions all around the world.

whipassmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#15 whipassmt
Member since 2007 • 15375 Posts

@Aljosa23: I wouldn't be surprised if they did. I agree that Hezbollah should be considered a terrorist group, but they aren't as savage as ISIS.

alim298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 alim298

@raugutcon said:

How Turkish are supposed to look like ? or how are Pakistanis are supposed to look like ?

Generally speaking Turkish and Iranian people are supposed to have whiter skin, lighter brown hair and different face structure compared to Arabs. In fact old Arabs had much browner skin tone. Hazaras have tinier eyes not exactly Chinese or Japanese tiny, but like Tajik tiny.

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 GazaAli
Member since 2007 • 25216 Posts

@Stesilaus said:

Why do you dislike Hezbollah, GazaAli? Hasn't the organization been invaluable to the Palestinian cause?

Actually no, it hasn't. Every now and then it likes to capitalize on the sensationalism that surrounds the cause by talking about the emancipation of Jerusalem and the annihilation of Israel. That's mostly it. Even when it does provide tangible support, it usually goes to insurgent movements like Hamas for political reasons. What it comes down to is that Hezbollah hurts the Palestinian cause on the rare occasion that it gets palpably involved.

But my animosity towards Hezbollah stems from the fact that it continues to hold the Lebanese state as a hostage, subject to the whims of the mullahs in Tehran. Furthermore, Hezbollah has no right being in Syria where it buttresses a brutal regime and consolidates Iranian influence. The same goes for it's presence in Iraq.

The crux of it is that I don't fall into the myopic mistake of unconditionally befriending the enemy of my enemy. You're pro-Russia so it's understandable that you'd support its allies, like Hezbollah and the Syrian regime. However, don't fall into the same trap for which we constantly rebuke American propagandists in this forum and imagine a moral high-ground that doesn't exist.

Gwynnblade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Gwynnblade
Member since 2015 • 931 Posts

ahhh... I think they're Christians.

bmanva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By bmanva
Member since 2002 • 4680 Posts

It's weird that they are saluting to religious icons.

Stesilaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Stesilaus

@GazaAli said:
@Stesilaus said:

Actually no, it hasn't. Every now and then it likes to capitalize on the sensationalism that surrounds the cause by talking about the emancipation of Jerusalem and the annihilation of Israel. That's mostly it. Even when it does provide tangible support, it usually goes to insurgent movements like Hamas for political reasons. What it comes down to is that Hezbollah hurts the Palestinian cause on the rare occasion that it gets palpably involved.

But my animosity towards Hezbollah stems from the fact that it continues to hold the Lebanese state as a hostage, subject to the whims of the mullahs in Tehran. Furthermore, Hezbollah has no right being in Syria where it buttresses a brutal regime and consolidates Iranian influence. The same goes for it's presence in Iraq.

The crux of it is that I don't fall into the myopic mistake of unconditionally befriending the enemy of my enemy. You're pro-Russia so it's understandable that you'd support its allies, like Hezbollah and the Syrian regime. However, don't fall into the same trap for which we constantly rebuke American propagandists in this forum and imagine a moral high-ground that doesn't exist.

Thank you for your explaining your stance, GazaAli. It does make a whole lot of sense. But it also makes the long-running Middle East conflict look even more intractably complicated than I previously thought. :-(