Share your recipe's

This topic is locked from further discussion.

dylandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 0

#1 dylandr
Member since 2015 • 4940 Posts

Place your favorite dish's recipe here and share it with us!

I've asked you about your favorites, your most hated and many more things, so now share how to make something here!

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator  Online
Member since 2014 • 56097 Posts

A Chef never shares his/her recipes to no one other then there apprentices.

dylandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#3 dylandr
Member since 2015 • 4940 Posts

@davillain-: but you are no cheff, you work in a hospital

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4 DaVillain  Moderator  Online
Member since 2014 • 56097 Posts

@dylandr: Indeed I am. At one point, I did made a thread on cooking for noobs and I'm still learning to cook on my book with ingredients.

bulby_g

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By bulby_g
Member since 2005 • 1861 Posts

I'll get the ball rolling then! Here's a nice curry we do. Really simple but tons of flavour. Bit of an occasional recipe though as it is pretty heavy on the calories at around 700 per portion without adding the rice. Still, that's a lot lower than many takeaway curries and tastes just as good.

Chicken Makhani (serves 4)

• 150g, Cashew Nuts (unsalted)
  • 4 cloves of Garlic,
  • Large Piece of Ginger
  • 2 tablespoons of Curry Powder - Medium
  • 2 tablespoons of White Wine Vinegar
  • 100g Tomato Puree
  • 150g Natural Yoghurt
  • 50g Unsalted Butter
  • 1 medium Onion
  • 1 tin (400g), chopped tomatoes
  • 1 Chicken Stock Cube
  • 100ml Single Cream
  • 4 Large Chicken Breasts
  • Small Bunch of Coriander leaves (Cilantro) chopped or torn up. (you can also use roots/stalks in the marinade that gets blended if you like, just not for garnishing at the end)

The Marinade (needs doing in advance)

Dry fry the Cashews until lightly toasted and for the last 30 seconds or so they are in the pan add the curry powder. Place in food processor with the Garlic, Ginger, Onion, Yoghurt, Vinegar, half the coriander and Tomato Puree and blend until as smooth as possible (if you don't blend it properly you'll get lumpy bits of nut).

Cut the chicken into largeish chunks and mix with the blended sauce in a bowl. Cover with cling film and leave this to marinate in the fridge all day or 24 hours even if you can.

Cooking the curry

Melt butter in a pan, fry chicken pieces in butter but try to leave as much of the sauce as you can in the bowl for now. Once the chicken is browned pour in the rest of the sauce, the chopped tomatoes and crumble in the stock cube. Bring to the boil and then simmer gently for around 20 mins. You can add water as you cook if the sauce is looking a bit thick but it is supposed to be a very thick sauce so use sparingly.

While this is cooking you can get some rice on quickly to serve with it. Once it's ready stir through the cream, season with salt and pepper, plate up with the rice and garnish with the remaining coriander leaves.

aryianna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 aryianna
Member since 2015 • 118 Posts

Creamy White Wine Chicken

• 8 skinless, boneless chicken breasts

• 8 slices Swiss cheese

• 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup

• 1/4 cup white wine

• 1 cup herb-seasoned stuffing mix

• 1/4 cup butterPreheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).

1. Arrange the chicken in a lightly greased 9x13 inch baking dish. Top with Swiss cheese slices. Combine the soup and wine and stir well. Pour over the chicken. Drizzle butter or margarine over all and top with stuffing mix crumbs. Bake in the preheated oven for 45 to 50 minutes.
BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

Facebook, it has all the recipes you can ever dream of... that's what we mum uses anyways when she's feeling creative.

whipassmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#8 whipassmt
Member since 2007 • 15375 Posts

Turkey sammich.

Ingredients: Turkey, cheese, mayo, bread.

Instructions: Put two slices of bread on your damn plate, put a piece of turkey on one slice and a piece of cheese on the other. Stick a knife in the jar of mayo and rub the mayo onto the bread. Close the sammich, walk your fat ass over to the table and eat the damn sammich.

LexLas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9  Edited By LexLas
Member since 2005 • 7317 Posts

Prepare oven to 400 heat source. Slice a medium size onion on a glass pyrex for the oven. No oil or anything. Then place drumstick on top of the sliced onion layers, as many as you can fit int he pyrex, one layer. Then add pepper, salt, and that red salt, if you have any. Cover with foil. Let it roast for an hour, open oven turn them around, roast for another hour covered in foil still. Open oven, take foil off, turn chicken around again, roast for 20 minutes no foil. YOu will be in heaven, juicy chicken with so much flavor, and juice you can add to your rice. Chicken falls off the bone, delicious. I don't know how to make rice, you'll have to look that up. My wife normally makes that part, lol ..