Saw Avengers Age of Ultron today and ...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By indzman
Member since 2006 • 27736 Posts

While i felt its not great as Avengers Original, its got awesome humour and eye popping action 8.5/10. Bevy of new addictional characters in team which i'm not spoiling. Don't miss the movie guys.

So, who watched Avengers Age of Ultron and whats your opinion on the movie? :)

dylandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#2 dylandr
Member since 2015 • 4940 Posts

haven't seen it

Avatar image for deactivated-5b797108c254e
deactivated-5b797108c254e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#3 deactivated-5b797108c254e
Member since 2013 • 11245 Posts

That's disappointing...looking at the trailers it looked more fun than the Avengers (which I didn't enjoy all that much...I actually thought it was a pretty bad movie until I watched Guardians of the Galaxy =P). I was actually debating if I wanted to go see this one on the theatres but I guess not...

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 indzman

@korvus said:

That's disappointing...looking at the trailers it looked more fun than the Avengers (which I didn't enjoy all that much...I actually thought it was a pretty bad movie until I watched Guardians of the Galaxy =P). I was actually debating if I wanted to go see this one on the theatres but I guess not...

I personally enjoyed GOTG more over Avengers 1 and 2 , not just for action but the awesome humour and 80's music lol.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 deactivated-5b797108c254e

@indzman: GOTG humour was the exact wrong kind for me...it was childish and felt really forced and embarrassing on someone older than 10 in my opinion. I would compare it to Jackass humour...I spent the whole movie thinking "Why...?". I was really surprised when 20 minutes in my wife just stood up without a word and left the room. She fell asleep during the Avengers (I almost did too) but at least she stayed XD

dylandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#6 dylandr
Member since 2015 • 4940 Posts

@korvus: i will stalk you untill you do it, i've made a bet with Davillain-! (btw he will make you get a sig xD)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By deactivated-5b797108c254e

@dylandr: Wow, nice job...I was actually going to change both my avy and sig but now I decided not to. I'm Portuguese and don't like being forced. I might even stop replying to you guys now =P

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 indzman

@korvus said:

@indzman: GOTG humour was the exact wrong kind for me...it was childish and felt really forced and embarrassing on someone older than 10 in my opinion. I would compare it to Jackass humour...I spent the whole movie thinking "Why...?". I was really surprised when 20 minutes in my wife just stood up without a word and left the room. She fell asleep during the Avengers (I almost did too) but at least she stayed XD

I'm groot XD!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 deactivated-5b797108c254e

@indzman: Actually I really liked Groot. It was the only scene in the movie that touched me (you know which scene I'm referring to). And the related scene at the end was absolutely great!

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By indzman
@korvus said:

@indzman: Actually I really liked Groot. It was the only scene in the movie that touched me (you know which scene I'm referring to). And the related scene at the end was absolutely great!

I loved Groot also, hope they add more action from Groot in upcoming sequel :)

BUT i preffered Chris Pratt (star lord) more, the opening stylish scene of GOTG with that awesome 80's track 'come and get your love'. Fell in love with the char and movie from Scene 1 :)

BEST INTRO SCENE EVER:

Loading Video...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 deactivated-5b797108c254e

@indzman: Maybe I'll give it another shot eventually...there are some movies I'm just in the wrong mindset for and then I rewatch them a few years later and think "hey, this is not so bad". The movie had its moments but I just wish Chris Pratt wasn't so over the top (I guess that's the point of the movie though); it's ruining my hype for Jurassic World...oh well...

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 indzman

@korvus said:

@indzman: Maybe I'll give it another shot eventually...there are some movies I'm just in the wrong mindset for and then I rewatch them a few years later and think "hey, this is not so bad". The movie had its moments but I just wish Chris Pratt wasn't so over the top (I guess that's the point of the movie though); it's ruining my hype for Jurassic World...oh well...

Give the movie another go, you might end up loving it. Reminds me i tottally hated Dumb and Dumber 2 on theatre , but next time on home viewing i enjoyed it a lot lol.

Loading Video...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By deactivated-5b797108c254e

@indzman: So I followed your advice and went to see Age of Ultron and I have to say I don't regret it one bit. It was a great movie...to me there's mainly 2 kinds of good movies, the ones you're so into that you eat all your popcorn without noticing it and the ones you're so into that you forget to eat your popcorn....Age of Ultron was the first type but still quite good.

On your other thread about our favorite Avenger I told you to always go for the condescending, arrogant, sarcastic asshole. On this one it would have been Ultron if they hadn't turned him into a whiny bastard by the end of the movie. He was amazing for the first half of the movie =D

I do disagree with you on one thing though; I think Age of Ultron was 100 times better than the original...it was wittier, the action was tight and it was great to see them working as a team of many (won't say how many not to spoil it) instead of 6 teams of 1 like on the first movie...I know that on the first one they were trying to sell the point that they wouldn't work as a team, but they drove that point so hard that even when they were loosely helping each other I still couldn't care less about them as a team. This one did it right...they're still super heroes on their own terms, they still don't really like each other but when it's Avengers time...bloody hell, it's Avengers time!

This was everything I wanted the first movie to be; I'm glad you convinced me to go watch it; thanks!

EDIT: Also, quite a mess with them using characters owned by FOX...they used Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch that are owned by Fox so they can't discuss their origins, and instead of Stryker they have a guy named Strucker who "enhanced them" because they can't use the word mutants...felt like watching a rip-off..."the Z-Men"

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#14 thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

@indzman: I agree not as good as the first I fact no were near as good.

8.5 is very generous is give it a 6.

Action was very good but everything else off.

The jokes seemed forced and the romance part was empty and came from no were.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 indzman

@korvus said:

@indzman: So I followed your advice and went to see Age of Ultron and I have to say I don't regret it one bit. It was a great movie...to me there's mainly 2 kinds of good movies, the ones you're so into that you eat all your popcorn without noticing it and the ones you're so into that you forget to eat your popcorn....Age of Ultron was the first type but still quite good.

On your other thread about our favorite Avenger I told you to always go for the condescending, arrogant, sarcastic asshole. On this one it would have been Ultron if they hadn't turned him into a whiny bastard by the end of the movie. He was amazing for the first half of the movie =D

I do disagree with you on one thing though; I think Age of Ultron was 100 times better than the original...it was wittier, the action was tight and it was great to see them working as a team of many (won't say how many not to spoil it) instead of 6 teams of 1 like on the first movie...I know that on the first one they were trying to sell the point that they wouldn't work as a team, but they drove that point so hard that even when they were loosely helping each other I still couldn't care less about them as a team. This one did it right...they're still super heroes on their own terms, they still don't really like each other but when it's Avengers time...bloody hell, it's Avengers time!

This was everything I wanted the first movie to be; I'm glad you convinced me to go watch it; thanks!

EDIT: Also, quite a mess with them using characters owned by FOX...they used Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch that are owned by Fox so they can't discuss their origins, and instead of Stryker they have a guy named Strucker who "enhanced them" because they can't use the word mutants...felt like watching a rip-off..."the Z-Men"

Woot Woot . Money and Quality time with missus well spent LOL.

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#16 MrGeezer
Member since 2002 • 59765 Posts

@korvus said:

I'd agree, if not for the fact that Fox has the film rights to X-Men and even they've been fucking WORSE about this exact same kind of shit. At least Marvel/Disney kind of has an excuse because they CAN'T legally show a proper origin or give a proper backstory.

Of course, there's still the point of "if you can't do the character properly, then don't do that character at all." I don't disagree with that. Still...If I'm willing to be relatively okay with Fox's handling of the X-Men, then Marvel/Disney's handling of Quicksilver can't be any worse.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By deactivated-5b797108c254e

@MrGeezer: Oh definitely; it didn't bother me all that much and in the overall scheme of things it worked well but when they showed up it took me a minute to process what was going on with "Strucker and the enhanced"...I tend to forget who owns the rights to what so for a couple of seconds I was wondering why Marvel was ripping off their own characters =P

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By indzman

I'm unahppy that i didn't get any popcorn :( :( :(

Catalli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#19 Catalli  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 3453 Posts

@korvus: Hey!! Guardians of the Galaxy is a great movie!!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 deactivated-5b797108c254e

@ianhh6: And you're free to enjoy it as much and as often as you want =D

Catalli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Catalli  Moderator

@korvus: Bu- bu- but.. that's not how internet arguments are meant to go... :(

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 deactivated-5b797108c254e
@ianhh6 said:

@korvus: Bu- bu- but.. that's not how internet arguments are meant to go... :(

My apologies, sometimes I forget my manners. Let's see what I can do *clears throat* "Well, you either have really bad taste in movies or your IQ is just not all that high if you can enjoy yourself watching such a huge pile of crap...maybe if your mother had loved you a little more she wouldn't have dropped you on your head as often and all this could have been avoided. Now go back to brown-nosing Disney Marvel, you useless troll..."

(how did I do?)

Catalli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Catalli  Moderator

@korvus: You did great! My self-esteem hit the floor!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 deactivated-5b797108c254e

@ianhh6 said:

@korvus: You did great! My self-esteem hit the floor!

"Must have brought all the childhood memories back, huh?"

Couldn't resist adding one more XD

Avatar image for deactivated-5e9044657a310
deactivated-5e9044657a310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#25 deactivated-5e9044657a310
Member since 2005 • 8136 Posts

@korvus said:

You mean Baron Von Strucker?

He is a legit Cap Villian. Been around since Cap's comics that came out in the 40's

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 deactivated-5b797108c254e

@Nuck81: I don't doubt that, I just think that the movie making sure to mention that Strucker "was in charge of some dangerous enhanced" just like they mentioned in the X-Men that Stryker "was in charge of some dangerous mutants" seem to scream "yeah, we're trying to tell you they belong in that other group we can't talk about". Otherwise why bothering with bringing von Strucker for 20 seconds of screen time? Maybe I'm just overthinking it =)

Avatar image for deactivated-5e9044657a310
deactivated-5e9044657a310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#27 deactivated-5e9044657a310
Member since 2005 • 8136 Posts

Strucker

@korvus said:

@Nuck81: I don't doubt that, I just think that the movie making sure to mention that Strucker "was in charge of some dangerous enhanced" just like they mentioned in the X-Men that Stryker "was in charge of some dangerous mutants" seem to scream "yeah, we're trying to tell you they belong in that other group we can't talk about". Otherwise why bothering with bringing von Strucker for 20 seconds of screen time? Maybe I'm just overthinking it =)

Strucker was in the End Of Credits scene of Cap 2

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#28 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56108 Posts

@dylandr said:

@korvus: i will stalk you untill you do it, i've made a bet with Davillain-! (btw he will make you get a sig xD)

Umm Hell no I didn't bet on anything. Stop lying.

@korvus said:

@dylandr: Wow, nice job...I was actually going to change both my avy and sig but now I decided not to. I'm Portuguese and don't like being forced. I might even stop replying to you guys now =P

Mr. K, I had nothing to do with this.