Saudi Arabia Threatens Russia with terrorism at the Winter Olympics for Syria

This topic is locked from further discussion.

muscleserge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 muscleserge
Member since 2005 • 3307 Posts
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/energy/oilandgas/10266957/Saudis-offer-Russia-secret-oil-deal-if-it-drops-Syria.html "I can give you a guarantee to protect the Winter Olympics next year. The Chechen groups that threaten the security of the games are controlled by us" Surprising, I think not. The Prince allegedly had the backing from Washington as well. This is just a new low, the Olympics is a peaceful event. I also read something in the Russian news to the tune of Putin ordering a strike on Saudi Arabia if western forces attack Syria. Which isn't surprising considering the threat.
Avatar image for deactivated-598fc45371265
deactivated-598fc45371265

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 deactivated-598fc45371265
Member since 2008 • 13247 Posts

O_o

wtf

GrayF0X786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3 GrayF0X786
Member since 2012 • 4185 Posts

Don't worry, they first need permission from Obama to blow anything  up.

Masculus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 Masculus
Member since 2009 • 2878 Posts

It's no novelty knowing that Saudi Arabia is major supporter of several terrorist groups. If there's any country that should be wiped off the map is this one.

Saturos3091

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 Saturos3091
Member since 2005 • 14937 Posts

It's no novelty knowing that Saudi Arabia is major supporter of several terrorist groups. If there's any country that should be wiped off the map is this one.

Masculus

They're also huge supporters of the United States. Thanks Nixon and Kissinger.

1. The Saudis must agree to price all of their oil sales in U.S. dollars only (in other words, the Saudis were to refuse all other currencies, except the U.S. dollar, as payment for their oil exports).
  2. The Saudis would be open to investing their surplus oil proceeds in U.S. debt securities.

--Anna--

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 --Anna--
Member since 2007 • 4636 Posts

Russia is as normal on the wrong wide....Screw me I can't help my self.

Hexagon_777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Hexagon_777
Member since 2007 • 20348 Posts

Masculus

Fully agree. I lived there for six years and hated it. Savages.

TheGrinchh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 TheGrinchh
Member since 2013 • 254 Posts

So, they recently ban domestic violence. But then they do this .-.

BossPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 BossPerson
Member since 2011 • 9177 Posts
that's like a line you'd here in a political thriller film
Netherscourge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 Netherscourge
Member since 2003 • 16364 Posts

Russia has to make sure there are no gay people in the Olympics first before they attack Saudi Arabia.

Priorities.

TheGrat1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 TheGrat1
Member since 2008 • 4330 Posts
Russia's threat is sooo...strange

[QUOTE="Masculus"]

Saturos3091

They're also huge supporters of the United States. Thanks Nixon and Kissinger.

[QUOTE=""] "Also"? He already said they support terrorists, that's kind of redundant.

MAZ85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 MAZ85
Member since 2007 • 1094 Posts
never understood KSA, they support terrorism and fight terrorism, and accuse of terrorism groups like MB, they are with the coup in egypt and against Alasad in syria !
Tessellation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Tessellation
Member since 2009 • 9297 Posts
World War III incoming baby.
Alpha_S_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Alpha_S_
Member since 2007 • 395 Posts

That's some pretty ugly information to have leaked.  Of course I'm sure the Saudis will deny any of this openly.

But this is the kind of stuff that goes on behind the scenes - the ugly side of politics we're not supposed to see.  It's known that Saudi Arabia does back Islamic terrorist groups including those in Syria, and I wouldn't be surprised if they had connections to the Chechen groups as well (some of whom have apparently been winding up in Syria on the side of the rebels as well).

Russia is not going to budge over this kind of stuff though - they have their own hand at play. 

Avatar image for Victorious_Fize
Victorious_Fize

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Victorious_Fize
Member since 2011 • 6128 Posts
He's bluffing, nobody controls the mujahideen, that's why they're called that way. Especially Chechen ones, of all. I don't get why we bother, all Russia wants is money, either we give them or not, and it looks like we'll give them (we gave Egypt, so might as well). What I wanna see is Iran striking, this indeed is what I want most. Iran have built such a tense atmosphere throughout the GCC that it's high-time they settle it. It'll be a deciding point in Shia Gulf communities, one that we could all need.
slatesekx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 slatesekx
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
It's no novelty knowing that Saudi Arabia is major supporter of several terrorist groups.
Vaultboy-101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18 Vaultboy-101
Member since 2009 • 1778 Posts

--Anna--

Russia may be on the wrong wide, but they're not necessarily on the wrong side.

II_Seraphim_II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 II_Seraphim_II
Member since 2007 • 20534 Posts
Lol, the griminess in the world today....
Shottayouth13-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Shottayouth13-
Member since 2009 • 7018 Posts
I smell a brewing world war.
Harisemo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Harisemo
Member since 2010 • 4133 Posts

rofl don't believe Saudis or anyone else would say such a thing, whats further funny that if Saudis really think they can control mujahideen :lol:

SaudiFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 1

#22 SaudiFury
Member since 2007 • 8709 Posts
First off I find the source suspect. Never mind the way the two seem to talk to each other is surreal. The wiki leaks docs I've read of Saudi isn't anything like this article depicts. Lastly Saudi doesn't have direct/indirect control of the Chechen jihadists.
Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#23 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

--Anna--
Actually Russia is on the side of reason this time, its the west and America who again again again havent learned that Democracy cant be forced and also that the groups fighting in Syria are not "rebels" they are islamic terrorists. So wrong, this time its America who is on the wrong side.
muscleserge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 muscleserge
First off I find the source suspect. Never mind the way the two seem to talk to each other is surreal. The wiki leaks docs I've read of Saudi isn't anything like this article depicts. Lastly Saudi doesn't have direct/indirect control of the Chechen jihadists. SaudiFury
There are other source for this as well. The Saudi's have been supporting/controlling the chechen's since the 90s, and Russia is well aware of that. But to threaten Russia like this and expect no consequences is very foolish. Putin doesn't take terrorism lightly, he is known to retaliate, just read up on what he does to the terrorists, like the Moscow bombing ones.
SaudiFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 1

#25 SaudiFury
Member since 2007 • 8709 Posts

[QUOTE="SaudiFury"]First off I find the source suspect. Never mind the way the two seem to talk to each other is surreal. The wiki leaks docs I've read of Saudi isn't anything like this article depicts. Lastly Saudi doesn't have direct/indirect control of the Chechen jihadists. muscleserge
There are other source for this as well. The Saudi's have been supporting/controlling the chechen's since the 90s, and Russia is well aware of that. But to threaten Russia like this and expect no consequences is very foolish. Putin doesn't take terrorism lightly, he is known to retaliate, just read up on what he does to the terrorists, like the Moscow bombing ones.

show me where the Chechens take their orders from Saudi's then i'll believe you. individual wealthy Saudi's or even isolated princes do not constitute controlling them either, nor Saudi government endorsement of it either.

Saudi would have a better time trying to buy off Russia in some deal on oil or some sort of political deal, but threats of terrorism isn't what Saudi does. The Saudi government is opaque purposely so because of the culture and being an absolute monarchy with various half-brothers with different agendas (the King may have final say but he cannot control their every waking moment either).

The best way to understand how the Saudi's operate internationally is to apply game theory, whilst bearing in mind occam's razor "that which asks more questions then answers is most likely not true".

What i'm seeing here is mostly confirmation bias on the part of GS OT crew. "Ofcourse the Saudi's are behind it, why is anyone surprised".

and before someone says it. I'm not saying Saudi doesn't or hasn't ever supported Jihadists / terrorists, they were patrons to the then Taliban government of Afghanistan, and are - openly so - to the Salafi Jihadist groups in Syria running amok right now.

but in this one case, i think it's false.it rings false to me. That's why i said it before, i've followed and read as much as i've can get my hands on how the Saudi monarchy operates, and these sort of threats isn't their way of dealing with opposing nations. Think Jabba The Hut more, less Osama Bin Laden.

If Saudi wants to get back at Russia for upsetting it, it won't be through terrorism, it'll be through economics or politics.

muscleserge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 muscleserge

[QUOTE="muscleserge"][QUOTE="SaudiFury"]First off I find the source suspect. Never mind the way the two seem to talk to each other is surreal. The wiki leaks docs I've read of Saudi isn't anything like this article depicts. Lastly Saudi doesn't have direct/indirect control of the Chechen jihadists. SaudiFury

show me where the Chechens take their orders from Saudi's then i'll believe you. individual wealthy Saudi's or even isolated princes do not constitute controlling them either, nor Saudi government endorsement of it either.

Saudi would have a better time trying to buy off Russia in some deal on oil or some sort of political deal, but threats of terrorism isn't what Saudi does. The Saudi government is opaque purposely so because of the culture and being an absolute monarchy with various half-brothers with different agendas (the King may have final say but he cannot control their every waking moment either).

The best way to understand how the Saudi's operate internationally is to apply game theory, whilst bearing in mind occam's razor "that which asks more questions then answers is most likely not true".

What i'm seeing here is mostly confirmation bias on the part of GS OT crew. "Ofcourse the Saudi's are behind it, why is anyone surprised".

and before someone says it. I'm not saying Saudi doesn't or hasn't ever supported Jihadists / terrorists, they were patrons to the then Taliban government of Afghanistan, and are - openly so - to the Salafi Jihadist groups in Syria running amok right now.

but in this one case, i think it's false.it rings false to me. That's why i said it before, i've followed and read as much as i've can get my hands on how the Saudi monarchy operates, and these sort of threats isn't their way of dealing with opposing nations. Think Jabba The Hut more, less Osama Bin Laden.

If Saudi wants to get back at Russia for upsetting it, it won't be through terrorism, it'll be through economics or politics.

You want me to show you a link that links a government to a terrorist group, officially? Are you living on this planet? http://beforeitsnews.com/politics/2013/04/fbi-intercepted-terror-financing-of-chechen-guerrillas-through-saudis-2513092.html Heres a link to show that the chechens get funding from the Saudis, btw funding in this cases also implies control.
Victorious_Fize

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Victorious_Fize

rofl don't believe Saudis or anyone else would say such a thing, whats further funny that if Saudis really think they can control mujahideen :lol:

Harisemo
How can you even think of such thing? We're not only Muslims, but Arabs as well. We actually understand what the word "Mujahid" means, in language and religion. Other than that, you can't deny how large the part Arabian peoples play in the movement, and how much support it gets, that's why a lot of Saudis identify with Muslim-world issues (Syrian revolution, Arakani genocide, Egyptian coup etc), and why some of the more higher ups feel they are in control (they're not, nobody is). But yeah, I'm not shocked to hear such statements, KSA is actually not as unitarian on top. There are different levels of power and status in government (especially between royals and non-royal officials, then comes between who's older and have better royal blood), Al Tuwaijri and Saud Al Faisal are not like Bandar bin Sultan, for instance. They all operate individualistically, and would say very different things from one another on a Russian table.
Victorious_Fize

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Victorious_Fize

[QUOTE="SaudiFury"]

[QUOTE="muscleserge"] There are other source for this as well. The Saudi's have been supporting/controlling the chechen's since the 90s, and Russia is well aware of that. But to threaten Russia like this and expect no consequences is very foolish. Putin doesn't take terrorism lightly, he is known to retaliate, just read up on what he does to the terrorists, like the Moscow bombing ones.muscleserge

Heres a link to show that the chechens get funding from the Saudis, btw funding in this cases also implies control.

lolno

Chechens, terrorists or not, want to secede from the federation, just because they get financial aid from KSA doesn't mean KSA controls them (as much as they would love to).

Mujahideen will (and do) fight with sticks and stones if they want to. They still die as a mujahid, a shaheed, that's the whole idea behind it. Although I doubt those of the Taliban school counts, with their faulty teachings and all, but it's not up to me.

LexLas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#29 LexLas
Member since 2005 • 7317 Posts

Microwave them both ! No hesitation, do it, just do it !

starsky_and_hutch__do_it.jpg

muscleserge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 muscleserge

LexLas
Both?
LexLas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#31 LexLas
Member since 2005 • 7317 Posts
[QUOTE="LexLas"]

muscleserge
Both?

Yeah, Russia, and Syria, both !
mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#32 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58305 Posts

I smell a brewing world war.Shottayouth13-

I smell a joint East-West coalition bitch-slap on the mid-east because both sides are tired of these games.

You guys do know that, despite the saber-rattling, Russia is pretty much an ally now, right?

Eventually they (saudi arabia, or whatever) are going to threaten and bluff one too many times and we (the civilized world...US, Russia, Europe) are gonna be like "**** it" and they will realize we have been playing nice all these years.

I am so sick of these miserable ****s.  It all comes down to money, as always.

Hexagon_777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Hexagon_777
Member since 2007 • 20348 Posts

Russia has to make sure there are no gay people in the Olympics first before they attack Saudi Arabia.

Priorities.

Netherscourge

Why? Saudi Arabia hates homosexuals just as much as Russia does. Russia might as well let its fellow bigot nation do the work for it.

GOGOGOGURT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 GOGOGOGURT
Member since 2010 • 4470 Posts

I smell a brewing world war.Shottayouth13-

I cannot tell with what weapons World War III will be fought, but I know that World war IV will be fought with sticks and stones.

GOGOGOGURT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 GOGOGOGURT
Member since 2010 • 4470 Posts

The Middle East today is like Japan or Germany was in the 40's.

They're just the douchebags of the world.

THE_DRUGGIE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 140

#36 THE_DRUGGIE
Member since 2006 • 25107 Posts

[QUOTE="Shottayouth13-"]I smell a brewing world war.mrbojangles25

I smell a joint East-West coalition bitch-slap on the mid-east because both sides are tired of these games.

You guys do know that, despite the saber-rattling, Russia is pretty much an ally now, right?

Eventually they (saudi arabia, or whatever) are going to threaten and bluff one too many times and we (the civilized world...US, Russia, Europe) are gonna be like "**** it" and they will realize we have been playing nice all these years.

I am so sick of these miserable ****s.  It all comes down to money, as always.

And then comes the territory war over who gets which nation.