Saudi Arabia's use of Corporal Punishment and Execution

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Emil_Fontz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 Emil_Fontz
Member since 2014 • 799 Posts

In Saudi Arabia, the punishment for stealing is amputation of a hand and the punishment for murder, armed robbery, rape, homosexuality, renouncement of Islamic faith, and drug trafficking is beheading. These penalties are usually carried out in public squares for everyone to see, in order to deter further criminal activity. The amputations and beheadings are carried out by a state appointed executioner who is formally trained in his practice.

The amputations are performed with a very sharp hand knife that cuts through the flesh and ligaments of a joint very quickly; immediately after it is done, the wound is covered by a bandage. The beheadings are performed with a single, quick thrust.

Remember, all of this is done in public for everyone to see.

Also, some criminals' bodies are hung or crucified and left out in the open for everyone to see.

What do you guys think of this? Do you think it's barbaric and shouldn't be done? Keep in mind that Saudi Arabia has the lowest crime rate in the world.

Personally, I find it to be sickening and archaic.

Here's an interview with a Saudi Arabian executioner named Al-Bishi.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

hippiesanta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#3 hippiesanta
Member since 2005 • 10301 Posts

Hudud Law

read all about it

Ayz1987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Ayz1987
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

Actually,

In Saudi Arabia, the punishment for stealing is amputation of a hand: for this to occur you should have stole a large amount of money or something of value, and at first time u get a warning, 2nd time you get your hand amputated starting with the left one, 3rd time they cut off the right hand. " i guess for lefties it would be vise-versa"

and the punishment for murder, armed robbery, rape, homosexuality, and drug trafficking is beheading: Murder, Rape and Drug trafficking yes BUT only when its 100000000% sure that he did the crime, Armed robbery only if a killing has taken place if not its then judge as stealing and attempted murder which basically means do time. Homosexuality is covered and first try to help and or treat the person, resistance and claiming a faith only means you need to follow its rules, if u are gay then don't consider yourself as a muslim and so on end of story, its like the idea of gay marriage, Marriage in general is a Religious act were a man and a woman are allowed to have marital relations. christianity, islam and judaism brought the idea of marriage its not a social thing, in time people made it that but the fact remains Getting married is a religious act, and all 3 religions don't accept the homosexuals. "this can take its own subject so i will end it here" as for beheading "instant death starting with the spinal cord to disconnect pain receptors", visually yes it is graphic. but comparing the pain of that VS hanging, cursification, electric chair, gas, injection... please, just coz you removed the blood does not make it non barbaric and it is very inhumane to the person you just executed.

Remember, all of this is done in public for everyone to see:people see by their own choice, it is not forced or anything.

Also, some criminals' bodies are hung or crucified and left out in the open for everyone to see:this is completely untrue, in islam it is mandatory to bury your dead as soon as possible whether they were criminals or not, once you are dead you are treated as equals and to be judged by god. only difference is muslims and non muslims are to be burried in different graveyards. we don't hang nor do we crucify, now on the other hand this does happen unfortunately but not by government law nor islamic law, its usually by uncivilized tribes... think of them as rednecks if u may.

Personally, I find it to be sickening and archaic: what i think is sickening is a criminal justice system that recognises a criminal and knows that he is but are unable to act due to lack of evidence a system where you bring random people who know nothing about the law "Jury" and making them decide a person is guilty or not based on what they think/feel and the fantasy story that they hear.

at least when a murder is coveted, the families victim have the choice whether he gets beheaded or not, in case he isn't he is sent to jail for whatever time the judge gives him and in some cases mercy is given and he is to be set free, this mostly occurs with the murderer killed by mistake or unintentional."this also has a lot of details but im just going to cut it short"

i dont mean to sound defensive, im just trying to clarify some matters and no im not saying we are better than anyone else, you do what you wana do, i will do what i do, to each his own, just don't insult me because i'm not like you.

And lastly no islam has nothing to do with what terrorists are doing and yes our women have many rights in the religion and no the religion does not say they have to be housewives, a well educated woman is of great value to society, her family, her home and most importantly her children our future.

Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

@ayz1987:

Acts as if cutting off someone's hand is justifiable for any crime. Barbarism at its finest.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#6 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

Islam gonna Islam.

ad1x2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ad1x2
Member since 2005 • 8430 Posts

Well, it is the only country on the planet that prohibits women from driving so some of those things shouldn't surprise you.

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

they can do whatever they want, it's their country.

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 HoolaHoopMan
Member since 2009 • 14724 Posts

How is this even a real question? Its barbaric.

bforrester420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By bforrester420
Member since 2014 • 3480 Posts

@ayz1987 Marriage predates all of the western religions. Marriage is primarily an economic union, not a religious union.

alim298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11  Edited By alim298
Member since 2012 • 2747 Posts

@Riverwolf007 said:

Haha! no...

It's no longer the 14th century,

Avatar image for LostProphetFLCL
LostProphetFLCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 LostProphetFLCL
Member since 2006 • 18526 Posts

Saudi Arabia is a shit stain on the underwear of humanity...

gamerguru100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 gamerguru100
Member since 2009 • 12718 Posts

@LostProphetFLCL said:

LMFAO, couldn't have said it better myself.

Avatar image for CreasianDevaili
CreasianDevaili

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 CreasianDevaili
Member since 2005 • 4429 Posts

@alim298 said:

@Riverwolf007 said:

Haha! no...

But aren't they doing what they want? This isn't a recent thing.

alim298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By alim298

@CreasianDevaili said:

@alim298 said:

@Riverwolf007 said:

Haha! no...

But aren't they doing what they want? This isn't a recent thing.

As far as I know the Saudi kings wouldn't last a day without the constant suppression of opposing voices. It may be what the government wants but not what the people want, And even if this is what the people want it's only because of the Saudi dynasty's propaganda in a futile attempt at justifying their actions through Islam and forcing their own version of Islam on the Muslim world.

BboyStatix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By BboyStatix
Member since 2007 • 651 Posts

Acts as a deterrent imo...

In a lot of places rapists get out of jail in 7 years and the woman is left scarred for the rest of her life. I don't really think that's justice. The rapist should be put to death

Anyways idk if I got the statistics wrong but seems like Sweden US and India are leading the world in rape

alim298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 alim298

@BboyStatix said:

Anyways idk if I got the statistics wrong but seems like Sweden US and India are leading the world in rape

Hmm very interesting...

CreasianDevaili

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 CreasianDevaili

@BboyStatix said:

In a lot of places rapists get out of jail in 7 years and the woman is left scarred for the rest of her life. I don't really think that's justice. The rapist should be put to death

The U.S. def has a problem with rape. But anywhere that rape happens, it's a problem. But before even that the issue of what is considered rape or not is an even bigger issue. If you scroll down on the wikipedia page you did a quick graph check on... =p

BboyStatix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 BboyStatix

@CreasianDevaili: I see but even if I were to factor that in, I doubt saudi would even come close

CreasianDevaili

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By CreasianDevaili

@BboyStatix said:

@CreasianDevaili: I see but even if I were to factor that in, I doubt saudi would even come close

Well you can't factor that in regardless. First you'd need to have access not only to records in Saudi Arabia but also have the ability to approach, encourage, and secure unbiased personal accounts on a large scale.

Let alone all of the social concepts that are far from universal.

A great pet project for you would be to take a place like Sweden and instead of try and bring the legal and social concepts of rape from there and lay it on Saudi Arabia, do the reverse! Take all of the abundant reports of Rape in Sweden and instead stack them against how things go in Saudi Arabia and see if the statistic drops like a rock.

Would be easier since Sweden actually promotes an atmosphere that allows such widespread reports to exist.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b19214ec908b
deactivated-5b19214ec908b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By deactivated-5b19214ec908b
Member since 2007 • 25072 Posts

@BboyStatix said:

Yet rapists normally go unpunished in Saudi Arabia. So it's not much of a deterrent is it?

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 LJS9502_basic  Online
Member since 2003 • 178845 Posts

@toast_burner said:

@BboyStatix said:

Yet rapists normally go unpunished in Saudi Arabia. So it's not much of a deterrent is it?

Don't they punish the victim?

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Riverwolf007

@alim298 said:

@Riverwolf007 said:

Haha! no...

well then quit your bitching and go over there and kill the **** out of them to impose your will over what they want their country to be.

for freedom!

lol.

i swear you guys are the biggest hypocrites.

if it was a bunch or foreign assholes bitching about our capitol punishment you would tell them to **** off but when it is someone else, well, those are just a bunch of barbaric cavemen who don't deserve to determine what their country is like.

aretilda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#24 aretilda
Member since 2014 • 499 Posts

I have no respect for a country where their only solution to problems is violence and killing.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 LJS9502_basic  Online

@Riverwolf007 said:

@alim298 said:

@Riverwolf007 said:

Haha! no...

well then quit your bitching and go over there and kill the **** out of them to impose your will over what they want their country to be.

for freedom!

lol.

if it was a bunch or foreign assholes bitching about our capitol punishment you would tell them to **** off but when it is someone else, well, those are just a bunch of barbaric cavemen who don't deserve to determine what their country is like.

Uh capitol punishment is not a federal issue....also mutilation is wrong. Why are you defending it? Hell.....they can't work now so to eat they have to steal if no one is willing to provide for them.

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Riverwolf007

@LJS9502_basic said:

@Riverwolf007 said:

@alim298 said:

@Riverwolf007 said:

Haha! no...

for freedom!

lol.

Uh capitol punishment is not a federal issue....also mutilation is wrong. Why are you defending it? Hell.....they can't work now so to eat they have to steal if no one is willing to provide for them.

so mutilation is wrong and capital punishment is wrong.

until we look at ourselves and decide to not count prison rape and beatings as mutilation and our own executions.

maybe we can throw stones one day if we clean up our own act but until then we are just talking out of our asses and being hypocritical.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 LJS9502_basic  Online

@Riverwolf007 said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

until we look at ourselves and decide to not count prison rape and beatings as mutilation and our own executions.

maybe we can throw stones one day if we clean up our own act but until then we are just talking out of our asses and being hypocritical.

You know I'm against the death penalty. But your last couple sentences are just stupid. Prison rape is not a state sanctioned occurrence. And they aren't allowed to beat prisoners either. Get your head out of your ass.

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Riverwolf007

@LJS9502_basic said:

@Riverwolf007 said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

You know I'm against the death penalty. But your last couple sentences are just stupid. Prison rape is not a state sanctioned occurrence. And they aren't allowed to beat prisoners either. Get your head out of your ass.

what happens to prisoners in your name does not count then.

lulz.

it always cracks me up when we learn we are as bad as the people we are bitching about but ignore it because it is US and not those dirty ass THEM.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 LJS9502_basic  Online

@Riverwolf007 said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@Riverwolf007 said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

lulz.

it always cracks me up when we learn we are as bad as the people we are bitching about but ignore it because it is US and not those dirty ass THEM.

Those analogies aren't even close.

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Riverwolf007

@LJS9502_basic said:

@Riverwolf007 said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@Riverwolf007 said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

lulz.

Those analogies aren't even close.

i know.

there are so many differences right?

it's because our cruelty to prisoners is upright and good and done in the name of god, freedom and apple pie and their cruelty to prisoners is done because they are bad evil backwards no no people.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 LJS9502_basic  Online

@Riverwolf007 said:

i know.

there are so many differences right?

it's because our cruelty to prisoners is upright and good and done in the name of god, freedom and apple pie and their cruelty to prisoners is done because they are bad evil backwards no no people.

Apologist much? I'd like to see some stats from you. Prisons attempt to keep the violence down. It's not always easy but then when you have to house violent offenders that is going to happen. Unless you are promoting solitary for them all....and that would be cruel.

BboyStatix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By BboyStatix

@toast_burner: hmm I actually do not know about that but what I know is that in Islam a man is not allowed to be alone with a woman unless the man is her father, son or brother. So the man and the woman should take care not to be alone with strange men. I think that is also the reason why they are not allowed to drive alone. Not sure about the driving bit

watch the video about a woman walking for 10 hours in nyc. Even something as minor as that does not happen in Saudi.

Anyways what I think is that if capital punishment makes a criminal think twice then it is effective. I mean how many times has Batman let the Joker live and it resulted in more innocents dying?

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 LJS9502_basic  Online

@BboyStatix said:

@toast_burner: hmm I actually do not know about that but what I know is that in Islam a man is not allowed to be alone with a woman unless the man is her father, son or brother. So the man and the woman should take care not to be alone with strange men. I think that is also the reason why they are not allowed to drive alone. Not sure about the driving bit

watch the video about a woman walking for 10 hours in nyc. Even something as minor as that does not happen in Saudi.

Anyways what I think is that if capital punishment makes a criminal think twice then it is effective. I mean how many times has Batman let the Joker live and it resulted in more innocents dying?

Studies show capital punishment does not deter. And since crime still occurs in SA.....it kind of proves that point. As for walking in NYC....come on. You restrict freedom of individuals because someone might say something?

BboyStatix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By BboyStatix

@LJS9502_basic: Well I didn't say it would crime would be eradicated completely but it sure would make it a lot scarier to commit it. Yes, crime does still occur in SA but much less than a lot of countries. But yet again, I don't know if the lawyers in SA are corrupt or accept bribes, etc. or not. In fact, I found saudi arabians to be one of the most racist and extravagant people on earth. Sorry to any arabs for my generalization.

And I agree individuals should have the right to exercise their freedom as long as it does not affect others. In the case of that video that was definitely harassment.

I believe ruling by the law of God is the best solution for mankind, but as to whether SA is correctly implementing the law of God is debatable. I will not say anything on that because I am not an expert in Sharia law and you actually need a degree in it to be qualified to talk about it.

Anyways, I don't wish to delve any deeper into something I clearly have little knowledge in.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 indzman
Member since 2006 • 27736 Posts

@LostProphetFLCL said:

lol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 deactivated-5b19214ec908b

@BboyStatix said:

In Saudi Arabia it is completely legal for a man to rape his wife. There aren't really any official laws against rape, they go by sharia law instead. What that means is that the entire system is screwed up. Women can actually be arrested if they report being raped. Sometimes they charge rapists, sometimes they let them go because they didn't have four witnesses, sometimes they kill them, sometimes they give them a slap on the wrist.

The legal system in Saudi Arabia is one of the worst in the world. They don't have less crime, they just cover their eyes when ever a crime happens.

BboyStatix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By BboyStatix

@toast_burner: "In Saudi Arabia it is completely legal for a man to rape his wife." What?! Ok idk about SA but this is the ruling from Sharia Law. http://islamqa.info/en/72338

Also, even accusing a person of rape has the potential of destroying the person's reputation for good. Many people have lost their careers and other prospects due to false accusations before. Therefore four witnesses are required to even accuse that person.

And also a woman is required to travel with a mahram (you can search up the definition yourself) according to this http://islamqa.info/en/101520

See the lengths to which Islam goes to protect a woman's honor while maintaining fairness between the sexes. And also as for accusing chaste women

“Verily, those who accuse chaste women, who never even think of anything touching their chastity and are good believers — are cursed in this life and in the Hereafter, and for them will be a great torment”

[al-Noor 24:23]

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 deactivated-5b19214ec908b

@BboyStatix said:

@toast_burner: "In Saudi Arabia it is completely legal for a man to rape his wife." What?! Ok idk about SA but this is the ruling from Sharia Law. http://islamqa.info/en/72338

Also, even accusing a person of rape has the potential of destroying the person's reputation for good. Many people have lost their careers and other prospects due to false accusations before. Therefore four witnesses are required to even accuse that person.

And also a woman is required to travel with a mahram (you can search up the definition yourself) according to this http://islamqa.info/en/101520

See the lengths to which Islam goes to protect a woman's honor while maintaining fairness between the sexes. And also as for accusing chaste women

“Verily, those who accuse chaste women, who never even think of anything touching their chastity and are good believers — are cursed in this life and in the Hereafter, and for them will be a great torment”

[al-Noor 24:23]

Exactly my point. Just cover your eyes. "If nobody else witnessed it then it couldn't have happened and that women should be arrested for being a lying whore!"

Four witnesses is ridiculous. How many rapists will attack their target in front of that many people let alone in front of anyone else? What if it's the mahram that rapes the woman? What if she is raped in her own home when no one else is around? What if she did decide to sneak out on her own, is it not considered rape if she is raped while doing something she's not supposed to do?

You'd have to be incredibly stupid not to realise how messed up this system is. Why should a woman have to feel scared of reporting her attacker?

alim298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By alim298

@BboyStatix said:

You do realize that four witnesses are only required when a a man and woman are accused of zina by some other person and that such law is irrelevant when discussing rape? And it's not like the Islamic court isn't flexible at all. As far as I know throughout the history of Islam the Islamic judge would have the final ruling regardless of what sharia etc. says. I may be wrong though.

BboyStatix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By BboyStatix

@alim298: @toast_burner: Ah I see, then I must have equated rape to adultery. It seems rape falls under the category of hirabah (terrorizing the people, kidnapping, assaulting, etc.) according to some scholars which can be proven without 4 witnesses. But that is all I know and I'm sure the system is much more complicated than how we are describing it. And as I said, you need a degree in this stuff to understand its complexities.

And I just read somewhere on the net, that the 4 witnesses is only required for justifying the capital punishment but if not, then according to other complementary evidence such as dna, etc. he may be given a smaller punishment. As I said, this stuff is pretty complex and I don't know whether there is corruption in SA, such as bribing the lawyer etc., so for now we should reserve judgement on something we don't know in-depth.

Hallenbeck77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Hallenbeck77  Moderator
Member since 2005 • 16879 Posts

No need to bring back old threads.