Republicans care more about money than human life

This topic is locked from further discussion.

AFraud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 AFraud
Member since 2004 • 1500 Posts

I think Glen Beck sums it up nicely

Link

Healthcare is just for the rich and powerful, and screw anyone else who can't afford it.

I hope his show becomes so unpopular that he loses his job, loses his health coverage, and dies in the street because he can't afford to go to the hospital. Seems like it would be poetic justice.

Mochyc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Mochyc
Member since 2007 • 4421 Posts

That guy is pretty damn crazy.

Edit: No seriously, he sounds evil, like Satan.

Edit2: He actually scared me at some point :(.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178865 Posts
Just out of curiousity why do you think other people are responsible for the benefits of others? And no...I'm not a Republican.
alphamale1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 alphamale1989
Member since 2008 • 3134 Posts
Well not all Republicans... just sayin'.
AFraud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 AFraud

Just out of curiousity why do you think other people are responsible for the benefits of others? And no...I'm not a Republican.LJS9502_basic

Healthcare is a basic human right. To deny someone quality healtcare because of their socioeconomic status is despicable and inhumane.

The Republicans really love meritocracy and social darwinism, even when it means letting people die.

Engrish_Major

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Engrish_Major
Member since 2007 • 17373 Posts
Just out of curiousity why do you think other people are responsible for the benefits of others? And no...I'm not a Republican.LJS9502_basic
If you have health insurance, or pay taxes, then you already are responsible for the benefits of others. It's called "living in a modern society".
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 LJS9502_basic

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]Just out of curiousity why do you think other people are responsible for the benefits of others? And no...I'm not a Republican.AFraud

Healthcare is a basic human right. To deny someone quality healtcare because of their socioeconomic status is despicable and inhumane.

The Republicans really love meritocracy and social darwinism, even when it means letting people die.

No it's not a basic human right. If you want healthcare you get it.
ZookGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#8 ZookGuy
Member since 2008 • 2340 Posts
I :lol:'d hard.
AFraud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 AFraud

[QUOTE="AFraud"]

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]Just out of curiousity why do you think other people are responsible for the benefits of others? And no...I'm not a Republican.LJS9502_basic

Every other western, industrialized nation recognizes it as a basic human right. The US is flat out wrong on this issue.

The worst part is that the poor and chronically ill (who can't work), in other words the people who need it the most, are often denied access to healthcare.

Who lives or dies should not be decided by the same kinds of sleazebags who sell you your car insurance. But that's basically the system we have now. It's so horribly corrupt and inhumane I don't even know where to begin.

Espada12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 Espada12
Member since 2008 • 23247 Posts

Republicans need to get less nut jobs openly representing or being biased for them. Fox news, Glen beck ... geeze get some more sensible supporters to be in the spotlight.

Locke562

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Locke562
Member since 2004 • 7673 Posts
[QUOTE="AFraud"]

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]Just out of curiousity why do you think other people are responsible for the benefits of others? And no...I'm not a Republican.LJS9502_basic

If you don't make enough? If your employer doesn't offer a plan?
Pixel-Pirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Pixel-Pirate
Member since 2009 • 10771 Posts

Glen beck is mentally unstable. I mean I honest to God think he has severe anger issues. The guy gets insanely angry way too easy. If I hear "Glen Beck kills man in a fit of rage" I will not be surprised.

AFraud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 AFraud

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="AFraud"]

Locke562

If you don't make enough? If your employer doesn't offer a plan?

And Walmart who's the biggest employer intentionally keeps most of its employees part time so they don't qualify.

What's really a human rights issue has been turned into a political issue.

Engrish_Major

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Engrish_Major

Glen beck is mentally unstable. I mean I honest to God think he has severe anger issues. The guy gets insanely angry way too easy. If I hear "Glen Beck kills man in a fit of rage" I will not be surprised.

Pixel-Pirate
He really, really loves his country, though, so it would have been done as a display of his patriotism!
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 LJS9502_basic

AFraud

Every other western, industrialized nation recognizes it as a basic human right. The US is flat out wrong on this issue.

The worst part is that the poor and chronically ill (who can't work), in other words the people who need it the most, are often denied access to healthcare.

Who lives or dies should not be decided by the same kinds of sleazebags who sell you your car insurance. But that's basically the system we have now. It's so horribly corrupt and inhumane I don't even know where to begin.

Society does not owe anyone benefits.
Engrish_Major

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Engrish_Major
Society does not owe anyone benefits.LJS9502_basic
Nice massively vague statement. If that were actually the case, there would be no public services. You would have to pay each time you used the services of the fire or police department, or used sidewalks or public schools.
AFraud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 AFraud

[QUOTE="AFraud"]

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"] No it's not a basic human right. If you want healthcare you get it.LJS9502_basic

I hope you like living without military or police protection then. Do you like getting your mail? Maybe your children shouldn't be able to go to school unless you can afford a private school. Screw maintaining the roads. Lets just drive on them until they fall apart.

Somone's broken into your house and is raping your wife, but oops, you don't have enough money to pay the police to come out. Pay day's not until next friday. Looks like you'll just have to get murdered.

That's what you're advocating.

In the US, you're entitled to life, liberty and pursuit of happiness. Healthcare falls under the category of life.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#18 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

Fox is a horrible representation of Republicans.

I am a Republican and I want health care to be as strong as possible, but the way our government is handling it and has handled it in the past has been wrong.

This new health care bill is nothing more than a short term, temporary solution that will end up costing the country trillions. It is one of those "solutions" that politicans put forth to make everybody feel better. In truth there are no such things as "solutions", there are only trade-offs. America does not want to admit that one.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 LJS9502_basic

AFraud

I hope you like living without military or police protection then. Do you like getting your mail? Maybe your children shouldn't be able to go to school unless you can afford a private school.

Somone's broken into your house and is raping your wife, but oops, you don't have enough money to pay the police to come out. Looks like you'll just have to get murdered.

Military and police are not individual benefits. And since I served in the military I guess you can thank me.
AFraud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 AFraud

[QUOTE="AFraud"]

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"] Society does not owe anyone benefits.LJS9502_basic

I hope you like living without military or police protection then. Do you like getting your mail? Maybe your children shouldn't be able to go to school unless you can afford a private school.

Somone's broken into your house and is raping your wife, but oops, you don't have enough money to pay the police to come out. Looks like you'll just have to get murdered.

Military and police are not individual benefits. And since I served in the military I guess you can thank me.

How is police protection not an individual benefit? They come out to your house when there's a break-in or you're being attacked. Every time I've been robbed I've gotten individual service from an officer who took a report.

Mail and education are individual benefits.

Also healthcare isn't entirely an individual benefit in the broad sense. It's in the best interests of society for everyone to be as healthy as possible. Society is more productive that way.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 LJS9502_basic

AFraud

How is police protection not an individual benefit? They come out to your house when there's a break-in or you're being attacked. Every time I've been robbed I've gotten individual service from an officer who took a report.

It's to the benefit of society to not allow criminals free reign....
GC4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#22 GC4ever
Member since 2004 • 3044 Posts

boy this doesnt suprise me
i hate glenn beck
and the fact he came from washington state(where i live) makes me sick

AFraud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 AFraud

[QUOTE="AFraud"]

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]Military and police are not individual benefits. And since I served in the military I guess you can thank me.LJS9502_basic

It also benefits society for everyone to be as healthy as possible. Fewer sick days means greater productivity.

I actually don't even feel like the military serves much of a function in modern society since no major powers will likely ever go to war again since they're so economically dependent on each other.

I'd take in a drastically reduced military in exchange for universal healthcare.

Engrish_Major

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Engrish_Major
It's to the benefit of society to not allow criminals free reign....LJS9502_basic
Just as it's a benefit to society for the population to be healthy and have access to preventative care.
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 LJS9502_basic

AFraud

It also benefits society for everyone to be as healthy as possible. Fewer sick days means greater productivity.

Fewer sick days? Then you are going to police those who abuse sick leave?
hiphopballer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#26 hiphopballer
Member since 2009 • 4059 Posts

u cant have money without human life or else it would be pointless

AFraud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 AFraud

[QUOTE="AFraud"]

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]It's to the benefit of society to not allow criminals free reign....LJS9502_basic

Billions upon billions of dollars are lost on sick time. Don't be ignorant. A healthy society is a productive society.

And the people who abuse sick leave often have mental health issues or are overworked.

megahaloman64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 megahaloman64
Member since 2006 • 2532 Posts

The GOVERNMENT should be regulating HIGHWAYS, and PRISONS, and POLICE, not WHAT I EAT, MY HEALTHCARE, and WHAT UNHEALTHY THING TO BAN THATS BASED ENTIRELY ON CHOICE IF I USE IT OR NOT.

Engrish_Major

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Engrish_Major

The GOVERNMENT should be regulating HIGHWAYS, and PRISONS, and POLICE, not WHAT I EAT, MY HEALTHCARE, and WHAT UNHEALTHY THING TO BAN THATS BASED ENTIRELY ON CHOICE IF I USE IT OR NOT.

megahaloman64
Yeah, it's much better for a profit-seeking corporation to regulate my health care!
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 LJS9502_basic

AFraud

Billions upon billions of dollars are lost on sick time. Don't be ignorant. A healthy society is a productive society.

And the people who abuse sick leave often have mental health issues or are overworked.

And not everyone on sick leave is sick dude. How are you going to solve that problem. Bet it cuts that money down considerably. But for the record...there WILL always be illness. But there is nothing wrong with individual responsibility. Why should I work to provide for you? Note...general you...not specific.
RiseAgainst12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#31 RiseAgainst12
Member since 2007 • 6767 Posts
[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"] No it's not a basic human right. If you want healthcare you get it.

If life is a basic human right.. shouldn't it be a right to maintain that life?
wstfld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 wstfld
Member since 2008 • 6375 Posts
Glen Beck is nuts. These hardcore, extreme right wing talking heads (Beck, Limbaugh, Hannity, Coulter) have way too much influence on the GOP.
AFraud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 AFraud

[QUOTE="AFraud"]

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"] Fewer sick days? Then you are going to police those who abuse sick leave?LJS9502_basic

And not everyone on sick leave is sick dude. How are you going to solve that problem. Bet it cuts that money down considerably. But for the record...there WILL always be illness. But there is nothing wrong with individual responsibility. Why should I work to provide for you? Note...general you...not specific.

Then again, I say that you're advocating anarchy. Might as well stop paying taxes.

Also, why are Republicans always so worried about a few people who might abuse the system rather than the greater good? So annoying.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 LJS9502_basic

AFraud

Then again, I say that you're advocating anarchy. Might as well stop paying taxes.

Ah well see that is where the benefit to society comes in. It stops anarchy. However, your ability to see a doctor for a cold does not create anarchy in the streets. See the difference.
AFraud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 AFraud

[QUOTE="AFraud"]

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"] And not everyone on sick leave is sick dude. How are you going to solve that problem. Bet it cuts that money down considerably. But for the record...there WILL always be illness. But there is nothing wrong with individual responsibility. Why should I work to provide for you? Note...general you...not specific.LJS9502_basic

Ah well see that is where the benefit to society comes in. It stops anarchy. However, your ability to see a doctor for a cold does not create anarchy in the streets. See the difference.

Not really. Lots of sick people, like in a pandemic, means society grinds to a halt.

Also, like I said before the military is rather useless in modern society. Conventional militaries don't mean much. Look at Iraq and Afghanistan. We have these great conventional military forces that are getting their butts handed to them by a bunch of guys in turbans with AKs. The military could stand to be cut down to a small, elite commando force. The one we have now is a huge waste of tax payer money.

wstfld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 wstfld
Member since 2008 • 6375 Posts

AFraud

Also, why are Republicans always so worried about a few people who might abuse the system rather than the greater good? So annoying.

That's the basic idea of conservatism. They feel that everyone doing everything for themselves is for the greater good.
UT_Wrestler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#37 UT_Wrestler
Member since 2004 • 16426 Posts
Republican: "We are all responsible for our own well-being" Democrat: "People who work hard are responsible for the well-being of those who do not"
Free_Marxet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Free_Marxet
Member since 2009 • 1549 Posts
[QUOTE="AFraud"]

unless you're denied. go america~!
SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#39 SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts

GET OFF MY PHONE!!! :lol:

majoras_wrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#40 majoras_wrath
Member since 2005 • 6062 Posts
Healthcare needs to be easier to get and cheaper as well, but it is most definitely not a requirement upon society to provide everything. It simply is not logistically feasible to do so in the US. The only countries where universal healthcare works have comparatively low populations. Look at the densely populated areas of Canada, the public healthcare is absolutely horrible. For an example closer to home, check out a free clinic sometimes. The lines go out the door.
cyclonebw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#41 cyclonebw
Member since 2008 • 1801 Posts

"Republicans care more about money than human life"- TC

So... Your point?

JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 JML897
Member since 2004 • 33134 Posts
Glenn Beck doesn't represent all Republicans. I know some Conservatives who make good points and are pretty intelligent people who I just disagree with. Glenn Beck is a lunatic. There are people on the left who are just as crazy as Beck.
horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127526 Posts
[QUOTE="majoras_wrath"]Healthcare needs to be easier to get and cheaper as well, but it is most definitely not a requirement upon society to provide everything. It simply is not logistically feasible to do so in the US. The only countries where universal healthcare works have comparatively low populations. Look at the densely populated areas of Canada, the public healthcare is absolutely horrible. For an example closer to home, check out a free clinic sometimes. The lines go out the door.

So only because many people lives in US, the idea wont work?
FunnyMouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 FunnyMouth
Member since 2009 • 428 Posts
And Democrats care about tree's more than children. Seroiusly dude, assumptions are the worst thing you can do if you are going to go on attack in politics. Always. Don't get me wrong, Glenn Beck himself, is after all, a moron. On the otherhand, I think rich and powerful is an overstatement. A little bit of work ethic can go a long way. If you are still not getting the money you need for your 'incredible' work ethic, you should be smart enough to get another job. I'm not paying for glutonous fools.
Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#45 Toriko42
Member since 2006 • 27562 Posts
Healthcare isn't a benefit, each citizen of a nation is entitled to it and every 1st world society has figured it out except for the US
majoras_wrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 majoras_wrath
Member since 2005 • 6062 Posts
[QUOTE="horgen123"][QUOTE="majoras_wrath"]Healthcare needs to be easier to get and cheaper as well, but it is most definitely not a requirement upon society to provide everything. It simply is not logistically feasible to do so in the US. The only countries where universal healthcare works have comparatively low populations. Look at the densely populated areas of Canada, the public healthcare is absolutely horrible. For an example closer to home, check out a free clinic sometimes. The lines go out the door.

So only because many people lives in US, the idea wont work?

In it's purest form, no, I don't think Universal Healthcare would work. Especially if we take away a public option. Should we take elements from it and reduce the cost of insurance and doctors visits? Absolutely. In fact, it must be done.
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 LJS9502_basic
[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]Just out of curiousity why do you think other people are responsible for the benefits of others? And no...I'm not a Republican.Toriko42
Healthcare isn't a benefit, each citizen of a nation is entitled to it and every 1st world society has figured it out except for the US

Of course healthcare is a benefit.
Avatar image for deactivated-6016f2513d412
deactivated-6016f2513d412

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 deactivated-6016f2513d412
Member since 2007 • 20414 Posts
ALL REPUBLIKANZ (moar liek republiKANTZ amirite?) R EVIL
FunnyMouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 FunnyMouth
Member since 2009 • 428 Posts

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]

Engrish_Major

I actually don't even feel like the military serves much of a function in modern society since no major powers will likely ever go to war again since they're so economically dependent on each other.

I'd take in a drastically reduced military in exchange for universal healthcare.

On your military comment, I just want you to know how incredibley lucky you are to have worlds greatest military. You might just not understand the military the same way I have, because I've served. It's probably just a perception barrier.

Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#50 Toriko42
Member since 2006 • 27562 Posts
[QUOTE="Toriko42"][QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]Just out of curiousity why do you think other people are responsible for the benefits of others? And no...I'm not a Republican.LJS9502_basic

Of course healthcare is a benefit.

No, it's a right