Rate This Band: Disturbed.

• 148 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Snipes_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#101 Snipes_2
Member since 2009 • 17126 Posts

7/10...I like a few of their songs.

Crazyguy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102 Crazyguy105
Member since 2009 • 9513 Posts

5/10

Generic and perfect music for angsty teenagers.

gugler990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#103 gugler990
Member since 2010 • 2009 Posts

8/10, there really good.

Wolf-Man2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#104 Wolf-Man2006
Member since 2006 • 4187 Posts

7.5/10

I just to be into Disturbed before I discovered better bands.

Vaelis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#105 Vaelis
Member since 2009 • 32 Posts

7/10. Used to like them a lot, then just stopped after a while. Still listen occasionally listen to a couple of their songs, like Prayer. I still like that song a lot. The rest is ok, just not worthy of repeated listening.

atm0073

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 atm0073
Member since 2005 • 3069 Posts
7.5. I used to like 'em more, but that fondness just phased out I guess. Now if the band of subject was Rush, then we'd be talking 11/10 on my front.
Avatar image for deactivated-5a078b8de7122
deactivated-5a078b8de7122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 deactivated-5a078b8de7122
Member since 2009 • 380 Posts

4/10 Distrubed is by far one of the most overrated modern "metal" bands.

DivergeUnify

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 DivergeUnify
Member since 2007 • 15150 Posts
1.5/5
buldog300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#109 buldog300
Member since 2003 • 2152 Posts

I like em, they're my second favorite band after Korn.

agpickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 agpickle
Member since 2006 • 3293 Posts

7/10 they're good, but at the same time, meh.

-Tish-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#111 -Tish-
Member since 2007 • 3624 Posts

[QUOTE="-Tish-"]Lately Disturbed have become a pretty radio friendly band...psychobrew

How so? I used to hear them on the radio all the time. I rarely hear them anymore (including satalite).

Disturbed is much better than Metalica but nowhere near the brilliance of Tool.

Indestructible had four singles... And I think Ten Thousand Fists had five... Personally I think songs like The Game and Liberate aren't that radio friendly. Your second line is spot on, though. Metallica are hella overrated.
T_P_O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#112 T_P_O
Member since 2008 • 5388 Posts

nu metal/10

That means I don't like them, and they're not kvlt

Avatar image for Fuhgeddabouditt
Fuhgeddabouditt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 Fuhgeddabouditt
Member since 2010 • 5468 Posts
i'll rate them a 7. I like a most of their songs.
TAMKFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 172

#114 TAMKFan
Member since 2004 • 33351 Posts
9/10. I quite like them. One of my favorite metal bands, considering I'm not a very big fan of metal.
coolbeans90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 coolbeans90
Member since 2009 • 21305 Posts

8/10. Used to be one of my favorite bands, till I found better metal after looking to the genre due to being a fan of this band. Since then I've sort of drifted away from metal, but still like this band in particular. Honestly though, it may just be nostalgia. I don't know if I would like them if I just found them today. Either way, I still enjoy the music.

MrBubbles59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 MrBubbles59
Member since 2010 • 686 Posts

7.5. I used to like 'em more, but that fondness just phased out I guess. Now if the band of subject was Rush, then we'd be talking 11/10 on my front.atm0073

yeah now we're talking lol!

IWKYB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 IWKYB
Member since 2010 • 1545 Posts

It's a great band when you start moving into the rock genre or you are 13 over time however many (in about 2 years?)
Move on to greater things. GET DOWN WITH THE SICKNESSSSS! :D

mlbslugger86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#118 mlbslugger86
Member since 2004 • 12867 Posts

the utter disdain for this band here is crazy but not unexpected

and for those saying its for rebellious teenagers i'm 24 and listen to them, and im not a rebel at all, much less angsty

Avatar image for Messiahbolical-
Messiahbolical-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 Messiahbolical-
Member since 2009 • 5670 Posts
-1/10 Overrated, generic, boring, untalented, annoying band with no redeeming qualities just like 99.999% of radio rock these days.
Avatar image for Elephant_Couple
Elephant_Couple

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 Elephant_Couple
Member since 2010 • 1404 Posts

Horrible, bland drumming/10.

Messiahbolical-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 Messiahbolical-

9/10. I quite like them. One of my favorite metal bands, considering I'm not a very big fan of metal.TAMKFan

That is QUITE obvious if you think Disturbed is metal. Rofl

IWKYB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 IWKYB

the utter disdain for this band here is crazy but not unexpected

and for those saying its for rebellious teenagers i'm 24 and listen to them, and im not a rebel at all, much less angsty

mlbslugger86
What are their songs about again? What do they have in common with Linkin Park? Being depressed for no reason...meh we don't need a reason. I wonder how many past threads have been about Nirvana though?
IWKYB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 IWKYB

[QUOTE="TAMKFan"]9/10. I quite like them. One of my favorite metal bands, considering I'm not a very big fan of metal.Messiahbolical-

Their early stuff (sucked but) it was Heavy Metal. Hey it's just a subgenre everything that is "thrash" and "death" still has the genre pop/rock as it's main. Subgenre fail.
Elephant_Couple

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 Elephant_Couple

[QUOTE="-Tish-"]Lately Disturbed have become a pretty radio friendly band...psychobrew

How so? I used to hear them on the radio all the time. I rarely hear them anymore (including satalite).

Indeed. Tool is very possibly the most intelligent rock/metal band to ever exist, even beating out their idols King Crimson. The amount of talent and musical knowledge the guys from Tool have is just downright scary. Anybody with a formal education in music will have a field day with their work, especially with anything on the three albums they've released since '96.

Messiahbolical-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 Messiahbolical-
[QUOTE="Messiahbolical-"]

[QUOTE="TAMKFan"]9/10. I quite like them. One of my favorite metal bands, considering I'm not a very big fan of metal.IWKYB

Their early stuff (sucked but) it was Heavy Metal. Hey it's just a subgenre everything that is "thrash" and "death" still has the genre pop/rock as it's main. Subgenre fail.

Disturbed is hard rock, not metal. I don't know nor care about their "early stuff", because personally I can't stand hard rock. It bores the crap out of me and every other band sounds identical to the last. An unevolving genre with truly no innovation whatsoever.
IWKYB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 IWKYB

[QUOTE="IWKYB"][QUOTE="Messiahbolical-"]

Messiahbolical-

Disturbed is hard rock, not metal. I don't know nor care about their "early stuff", because personally I can't stand hard rock. It bores the crap out of me and every other band sounds identical to the last. An unevolving genre with truly no innovation whatsoever.

You know the music you listen to now is a bunch of reworked stuff of the past right? Tool better than KIng Crimson? Wha? What a tool! :D

Messiahbolical-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 Messiahbolical-
You know the music you listen to know is a bunch of reworked stuff of the past right? Tool better than KIng Crimson? Wha? What a tool! :DIWKYB
I don't listen to either Tool or King Crimson, sorry. Just not for me.
IWKYB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 IWKYB

[QUOTE="psychobrew"]

[QUOTE="-Tish-"]Lately Disturbed have become a pretty radio friendly band...Elephant_Couple

Indeed. Tool is very possibly the most intelligent rock/metal band to ever exist, even beating out their idols King Crimson. The amount of talent and musical knowledge the guys from Tool have is just downright scary. Anybody with a formal education in music will have a field day with their work, especially with anything on the three albums they've released since '96.

Dude the 90's music has been one of the worst ever. Today's music is even worst. Tool can't even dream of making a "In the Court of the Crimson King" album. You have no idea what you speak of.
IWKYB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 IWKYB
[QUOTE="IWKYB"]You know the music you listen to know is a bunch of reworked stuff of the past right? Tool better than KIng Crimson? Wha? What a tool! :DMessiahbolical-
I don't listen to either Tool or King Crimson, sorry. Just not for me.

Er the tool/ King Crimson comments was for the other guy sorry.
Elephant_Couple

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 Elephant_Couple

[QUOTE="Messiahbolical-"][QUOTE="IWKYB"] Their early stuff (sucked but) it was Heavy Metal. Hey it's just a subgenre everything that is "thrash" and "death" still has the genre pop/rock as it's main. Subgenre fail.IWKYB

You know the music you listen to now is a bunch of reworked stuff of the past right? Tool better than KIng Crimson? Wha? What a tool! :D

It was I who said that, and in case you're not familiar with their relationship, King Crimson has opened for Tool on several occasions. Robert Fripp himself has said he hears "more Tool influence in King Crimson than there is King Crimson influence in Tool."

They're both superbly talented, but Tool has achieved levels of complexity, texture, and emotion that King Crimson was just never quite able to reach.

IWKYB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 IWKYB

[QUOTE="IWKYB"]

[QUOTE="Messiahbolical-"] Disturbed is hard rock, not metal. I don't know nor care about their "early stuff", because personally I can't stand hard rock. It bores the crap out of me and every other band sounds identical to the last. An unevolving genre with truly no innovation whatsoever. Elephant_Couple

It was I who said that, and in case you're not familiar with their relationship, King Crimson has opened for Tool on several occasions. Robert Fripp himself has said he hears "more Tool influence in King Crimson than there is King Crimson influence in Tool."

They're both superbly talented, but Tool has achieved levels of complexity, texture, and emotion that King Crimson was just never quite able to reach.

Guy is old man, he hasn't done a good album in quite a while. He said that to get new fans you know. How they be an influence if they weren't even around when King Crimson did the best progressive albums out there? But really have tool ever done anything greater than, "In the Court of the Crimson King", "In the Wake of Poseidon" or "Red"? These guys were babies when these masterpieces were being done. Fripp is done has been for at least 10 years now...praising a band such as Tool is enough proof.
Elephant_Couple

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 Elephant_Couple

[QUOTE="Elephant_Couple"]

[QUOTE="psychobrew"]

IWKYB

Dude the 90's music has been one of the worst ever. Today's music is even worst. Tool can't even dream of making a "In the Court of the Crimson King" album. You have no idea what you speak of.

What are you talking about? Tool transcends decades. They've been making music for 20 years now. The fact that you think it's "90's music" tells me you know nothing about the band and have not given their music the time it deserves. If you really, truly listened to Tool with an educated musician's ear, you will understand at the VERY least the incredible amount of skill and depth of the musicianship. If you just don't like it, that's fine. But calling it the "worst" or "bad" is downright ignorant. Before you insult them, consider that King Crimson idolizes Tool just as much as Tool has idolized them, as Robert Fripp, Pat Mastelotto, Trey Gunn, and other members have said time and time again.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e97585ea928c
deactivated-5e97585ea928c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 deactivated-5e97585ea928c
Member since 2006 • 8521 Posts

Dreadfully Boring/10

Elephant_Couple

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 Elephant_Couple

[QUOTE="Elephant_Couple"]

[QUOTE="IWKYB"] You know the music you listen to now is a bunch of reworked stuff of the past right? Tool better than KIng Crimson? Wha? What a tool! :D

IWKYB

Guy is old man, he hasn't done a good album in quite a while. He said that to get new fans you know. How they be an influence if they weren't even around when King Crimson did the best progressive albums out there? But really have tool ever done anything greater than, "In the Court of the Crimson King", "In the Wake of Poseidon" or "Red"? These guys were babies when these masterpieces were being done. Fripp is done has been for at least 10 years now...praising a band such as Tool is enough proof.

Um, everybody in Tool (other than their bass player) is nearly 50 years old. It's not like they are some young, up-and-coming band with no sense of musical history. Fripp didn't say that because they actually influenced King Crimson, because yes they started after Crimson was nearly done. He said it as a figure of speech to convey how amazing he thinks they are. And since when does not having a recent album make your opinion worth less?

Plzhelpmelearn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 Plzhelpmelearn
Member since 2010 • 1270 Posts

Their first two albums were enjoyable, but now they are just stale. I only really listen to them when I am running, because they do get your blood pumping pretty good.

hellraiser_07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 hellraiser_07
Member since 2006 • 2171 Posts
Oh, yay, fake metal! -_- It's generic. No. 0/10.GHlegend77
Fake metal.. TOTALLY !! 0/10 for me too ... >_>
Tessellation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 Tessellation
Member since 2009 • 9297 Posts
nu metal 0/10.
SoraX64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#138 SoraX64
Member since 2008 • 29221 Posts
I used to like them. So I'll give them a 6/10. They kinda helped me get into what I'm into today. This is how my music tastes went: Fall Out Boy -> Green Day -> Disturbed -> KoRn (still like them) -> Slipknot -> Children of Bodom/Bullet for My Valentine -> Stuff I listen to now (which is a lot of different stuff)
Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#139 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

8/10 Don't like all their songs and some songs sound very familar.

starfox15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#141 starfox15
Member since 2006 • 3988 Posts

I second the Tool enjoyment/10

Tool's groovy.

Avatar image for DaynNightGaming
DaynNightGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 DaynNightGaming
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts

Ok, I hear everywhere that Nu Metal (including Disturbed) is like an old black and white TV that you think is awesome until you get a modern HD 3D TV and you then realise how bad the old TV was..

Ok, now im gonna do a test, you "Real Metalheads" out there, give me a TRUE metal song that I will compare to Disturbeds The Game (my favorite song by them) if you succeed I will stop listening to Disturbed and move on to other bands.

WAIT, NO DEATH/BLACK metal as it is just dudes raping instruments and vomiting on the microphone, nah but I don't see those genres as Heavy Metal cause they are more like their own genre of "Extreme Metal" cause there are such big differences between Extreme Metal and Normal Heavy Metal.

SpaceMoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 SpaceMoose
Member since 2004 • 10789 Posts

Ok, I hear everywhere that Nu Metal (including Disturbed) is like an old black and white TV that you think is awesome until you get a modern HD 3D TV and you then realise how bad the old TV was..

Ok, now im gonna do a test, you "Real Metalheads" out there, give me a TRUE metal song that I will compare to Disturbeds The Game (my favorite song by them) if you succeed I will stop listening to Disturbed and move on to other bands.

WAIT, NO DEATH/BLACK metal as it is just dudes raping instruments and vomiting on the microphone, nah but I don't see those genres as Heavy Metal cause they are more like their own genre of "Extreme Metal" cause there are such big differences between Extreme Metal and Normal Heavy Metal.

DaynNightGaming

How about this?:

They both suck. :lol:

Alternate answer:

*picks a random Ozzy song out of a hat.*

Avatar image for deactivated-5e97585ea928c
deactivated-5e97585ea928c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 deactivated-5e97585ea928c
Member since 2006 • 8521 Posts

DaynNightGaming

Disturbed would be music i listen to if i want to fall asleep because it is so lame and boring. Like a lullaby.

jubino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#145 jubino
Member since 2005 • 6265 Posts

I say "meh". 4/10. Down with the Sickness is a pretty tight song, though. Not much need for it anymore, but I remember liking it at one point :P

Heretix_Aevum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 Heretix_Aevum
Member since 2005 • 4105 Posts

DaynNightGaming

South Of Heaven - Slayer

Avatar image for deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#147 deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
Member since 2007 • 22399 Posts
I gotta lol at a lot of these people who say Disturbed is a bad band, and then quote something like Trivium or Children of Bodem. you don't have to like disturbed, but going onto quote those bands and there screaching into the microphones, and raping of the instruments, just no. I can only stand a few of there songs for the times they actualy have a good tune behind the creature they put on vocals.
iBear-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 iBear-
Member since 2010 • 1092 Posts

Hate all Screamo. Hate nearly all metal in general. Disturbed sucks