"Whose Side Are You On?" Columbine Survivor Blasts Obama

This topic is locked from further discussion.

The-Apostle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1 The-Apostle
Member since 2004 • 12197 Posts

http://politicaloutcast.com/2013/02/whose-side-are-you-on-columbine-survivor-blasts-obama/#ixzz2LZD37XJy

I'm pleasantly surprised to see that a Columbine survivor is speaking out against the gun regulations Obama wants. :D

jim_shorts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#2 jim_shorts
Member since 2006 • 7320 Posts

This may come off as insensitive, but I don't think surviving a tradgedy gives anyone a better perspective on this issue.  Even though I kinda agree with the sentiment.

DaBrainz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 DaBrainz
Member since 2007 • 7959 Posts
If I was a gun rights activist I wouldn't be worried. The Dems are not offering anything substantial in gun regulation. Its just a political move so they can say they did something to fool their base into thinking they got something done.
Avatar image for deactivated-5e9044657a310
deactivated-5e9044657a310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4 deactivated-5e9044657a310
Member since 2005 • 8136 Posts
If I was a gun rights activist I wouldn't be worried. The Dems are not offering anything substantial in gun regulation. Its just a political move so they can say they did something to fool their base into thinking they got something done.DaBrainz
Basically they are trying to reinstate the Laws developed by Reagan and Bush Senior, along with tougher background checks.
Avatar image for deactivated-5b78379493e12
deactivated-5b78379493e12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#5 deactivated-5b78379493e12
Member since 2005 • 15625 Posts

Both sides using survivors as emotional pawns in the game. How delightful. It just prevents lawmakers from making common sense laws that don't restrict freedoms, but do provide some control and prevention of those who shouldn't get guns to get guns.

Nibroc420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 Nibroc420
Member since 2007 • 13571 Posts

Both sides using survivors as emotional pawns in the game. How delightful. It just prevents lawmakers from making common sense laws that don't restrict freedoms, but do provide some control and prevention of those who shouldn't get guns to get guns.

jimkabrhel
+1 I love when people use guilt/sympathy to argue a point. What's wrong with forming a rational argument?
Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

OP probably doesn't even know what those regulations are.

DaJuicyMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 DaJuicyMan
Member since 2010 • 3557 Posts

Yeah, if those kids at Columbine had guns, less people would have got hurt, they're teens they can handle bringing guns to school.

Nibroc420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Nibroc420

Yeah, if those kids at Columbine had guns, less people would have got hurt, they're teens they can handle bringing guns to school.

DaJuicyMan
Nice strawman.
sexyweapons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#10 sexyweapons
Member since 2009 • 5302 Posts

Well thats gonna hurt.

Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

Perhaps if politicians actually put forth meaningful legislation with regards to gun control we could all prevent the demonization of legal, responsible gun owners.

Instead of this "herp derp, looks like an M-4 must be an M-4" non-sense that liberals are pushing with every fiber of their being.

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

Perhaps if politicians actually put forth meaningful legislation with regards to gun control we could all prevent the demonization of legal, responsible gun owners.

Instead of this "herp derp, looks like an M-4 must be an M-4" non-sense that liberals are pushing with every fiber of their being.

airshocker

educating oneself on issues is asking too much

LordQuorthon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 LordQuorthon
Member since 2008 • 5803 Posts

I'm surprised that Kingkong didn't make this thread. 

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

educating oneself on issues is asking too much

wis3boi

Apparently.

Avatar image for chessmaster1989
chessmaster1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#15 chessmaster1989
Member since 2008 • 30203 Posts

jimkabrhel
Slow_Show

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Slow_Show
Member since 2011 • 2018 Posts

airshocker

And on the other side you have people seriously suggesting the best way to prevent school shootings is to have armed civilian posses -- "trained" by honest-to-god Steven Segal, no less -- just kinda wandering around town looking for trouble.

So much as I usually hate the "both sides are just as bad" cop-out, both sides are definitely just as bad here.

Laihendi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Laihendi
Member since 2009 • 5872 Posts

This may come off as insensitive, but I don't think surviving a tradgedy gives anyone a better perspective on this issue.  Even though I kinda agree with the sentiment.

jim_shorts
Since he has survived such a tragedy he knows from first-hand experience that a citizen must be allowed to be well armed.
Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts
I am on neither side.. Special interests especially from the gun companies, have turned this into a wedge issue in which you must choose two polarizing sides.. When in fact the majority of people are in the center that see some restrictions and regulations while others not so much.. The most infuriating part of all of this is using school shootings as the number one reason to push regulation.. To this day some 300 people have been killed in the past 3 decades in a school by a shooting.. Currently there is some 75 million+ students that attend school of some kind from k through university level education.. Your chances of getting shot in a school borders on similar chances of you winning a significant large amount of money in lottery.. Now this isn't suggesting that those deaths are meaningless, they are tragic, but if people haven't noticed there are far greater death tolls each year that happen within the United States then this.. It's actually pretty hilarious we are talking about how children are endanger and something must be done with guns when we currently have a flu outbreak sweeping the country dwarfing the death toll of three decades combined of school shootings.. This is all while we have seen a historic low in violence in some odd 40 years..
Nibroc420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Nibroc420
[QUOTE="jim_shorts"]

Laihendi
Since he has survived such a tragedy he knows from first-hand experience that a citizen must be allowed to be well armed.

Unless they take regular crisis training (like some police and military), they're not going to have a sharp enough state of mind. The last thing we need is numerous people getting killed because some idiot who's never fired his gun wants to play rambo.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

And on the other side you have people seriously suggesting the best way to prevent school shootings is to have armed civilian posses -- "trained" by honest-to-god Steven Segal, no less -- just kinda wandering around town looking for trouble.

So much as I usually hate the "both sides are just as bad" cop-out, both sides are definitely just as bad here.

Slow_Show

Actually, one side is more in the wrong here. Governor Cuomo pushed through draconian gun regulations in the state of New York.

Where's the legislation from Steven Segal?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

I am on neither side.. Special interests especially from the gun companies, have turned this into a wedge issue in which you must choose two polarizing sides.. When in fact the majority of people are in the center that see some restrictions and regulations while others not so much.. The most infuriating part of all of this is using school shootings as the number one reason to push regulation.. To this day some 300 people have been killed in the past 3 decades in a school by a shooting.. Currently there is some 75 million+ students that attend school of some kind from k through university level education.. Your chances of getting shot in a school borders on similar chances of you winning a significant large amount of money in lottery.. Now this isn't suggesting that those deaths are meaningless, they are tragic, but if people haven't noticed there are far greater death tolls each year that happen within the United States then this.. It's actually pretty hilarious we are talking about how children are endanger and something must be done with guns when we currently have a flu outbreak sweeping the country dwarfing the death toll of three decades combined of school shootings.. This is all while we have seen a historic low in violence in some odd 40 years.. sSubZerOo

Apathy is just as dangerous. You don't have to support putting guards in every school, or loosening conceal to carry restrictions. But if you don't denounce arbitrary laws(like the AWB, and NY SAFE Act) you pretty much have chosen a side, right?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 deactivated-59d151f079814

[QUOTE="sSubZerOo"]I am on neither side.. Special interests especially from the gun companies, have turned this into a wedge issue in which you must choose two polarizing sides.. When in fact the majority of people are in the center that see some restrictions and regulations while others not so much.. The most infuriating part of all of this is using school shootings as the number one reason to push regulation.. To this day some 300 people have been killed in the past 3 decades in a school by a shooting.. Currently there is some 75 million+ students that attend school of some kind from k through university level education.. Your chances of getting shot in a school borders on similar chances of you winning a significant large amount of money in lottery.. Now this isn't suggesting that those deaths are meaningless, they are tragic, but if people haven't noticed there are far greater death tolls each year that happen within the United States then this.. It's actually pretty hilarious we are talking about how children are endanger and something must be done with guns when we currently have a flu outbreak sweeping the country dwarfing the death toll of three decades combined of school shootings.. This is all while we have seen a historic low in violence in some odd 40 years.. airshocker

Apathy is just as dangerous. You don't have to support putting guards in every school, or loosening conceal to carry restrictions. But if you don't denounce arbitrary laws(like the AWB, and NY SAFE Act) you pretty much have chosen a side, right?

:|  No because NY safe Act doesn't involve me, it is a not a federal mandate.. It is based upon a state I don't live in, by a state government that doesn't represent me..  I don't support nor oppose said law..   When it comes to federal level stuff, I don't see a AR 15 ban being very important nor make much difference in some how stopping gun violence.. But I do see something like a gun show loop hole being closed simply to ensure a greater chance that firearms are not being sold to the wrong people with out record out in the open.  Please tell me what side I am on when I am in fact supporting two different talking points from both sides.

Laihendi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Laihendi
[QUOTE="Laihendi"][QUOTE="jim_shorts"]

Nibroc420

Unless they take regular crisis training (like some police and military), they're not going to have a sharp enough state of mind. The last thing we need is numerous people getting killed because some idiot who's never fired his gun wants to play rambo.

Those people are already going to die anyways if there is a gunman nearby trying to shoot them. If the victims are armed they have a much better chance of surviving. If you were in a classroom at school and some guy walked in with a gun and started shooting people, would you rather you and your classmates be armed or unarmed? The answer should be obvious.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 deactivated-59d151f079814

[QUOTE="Nibroc420"][QUOTE="Laihendi"] Since he has survived such a tragedy he knows from first-hand experience that a citizen must be allowed to be well armed. Laihendi

Those people are already going to die anyways if there is a gunman nearby trying to shoot them. If the victims are armed they have a much better chance of surviving. If you were in a classroom at school and some guy walked in with a gun and started shooting people, would you rather you and your classmates be armed or unarmed? The answer should be obvious.

Yep because arming students who are minors sounds like such a great idea.. 

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

:|  No because NY safe Act doesn't involve me, it is a not a federal mandate.. It is based upon a state I don't live in, by a state government that doesn't represent me..  I don't support nor oppose said law..   When it comes to federal level stuff, I don't see a AR 15 ban being very important nor make much difference in some how stopping gun violence.. But I do see something like a gun show loop hole being closed simply to ensure a greater chance that firearms are not being sold to the wrong people with out record out in the open.  Please tell me what side I am on when I am in fact supporting two different talking points from both sides.

sSubZerOo

But it affects those who haven't done anything wrong. Where's your bleeding heart for them? Again, apathy is just as dangerous as taking a side. I wouldn't support a law such as the NY SAFE act even if it was called the CA SAFE act, or the IL SAFE act.

JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 JML897
Member since 2004 • 33134 Posts

Those people are already going to die anyways if there is a gunman nearby trying to shoot them. If the victims are armed they have a much better chance of surviving. If you were in a classroom at school and some guy walked in with a gun and started shooting people, would you rather you and your classmates be armed or unarmed? The answer should be obvious.Laihendi

No f*cking way.
I knew you were stupid, I didn't know you were "students should be armed" stupid.

Nibroc420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Nibroc420
[QUOTE="Laihendi"][QUOTE="Nibroc420"][QUOTE="Laihendi"] Since he has survived such a tragedy he knows from first-hand experience that a citizen must be allowed to be well armed.

Situations with hostages and crazy people wielding guns, aren't quite as black and white as you'd like to think. Last thing police need while trying to talk down a potentially suicidal, and vengeful gunman, is some untrained civilian missing him, or just injuring him and making him angrier.
Audacitron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Audacitron
Member since 2012 • 991 Posts

"Why would you prefer criminals to have the ability to out-gun law-abiding citizens?" he demanded. "Whose side are you on?"

This flimsy argument again.  As if the supply of illegally-held guns has nothing whatsover to do with the legal gun industry. The whole point of gun regulation is to make it harder for guns to end up in the wrong hands. The guy goes on to say that 90s assault weapons ban failed to stop the Columbine massacre.  No sh*t They were able to get hold of their guns because of the gun show loophole.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 deactivated-59d151f079814

[QUOTE="sSubZerOo"]

airshocker

But it affects those who haven't done anything wrong. Where's your bleeding heart for them? Again, apathy is just as dangerous as taking a side. I wouldn't support a law such as the NY SAFE act even if it was called the CA SAFE act, or the IL SAFE act.

.............Bleeding heart? I just denounced and villianized the use of school shootings as the primary source to why gun regulation should happen..  And furthermore your doing it again.. No where did I say I opposed or supported the SAFE act... 

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38686 Posts

jimkabrhel
you sig/avy perfectly represents the knee-jerk reactions by both sides whenever gun related issues are brought up for serious discussion :P

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 deactivated-5b1e62582e305

[QUOTE="sSubZerOo"]

airshocker

We've been over this bro, no one is gonna sympathize with you having to load 7 rounds into your gun as opposed to 8.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

.............Bleeding heart? I just denounced and villianized the use of school shootings as the primary source to why gun regulation should happen..  And furthermore your doing it again.. No where did I say I opposed or supported the SAFE act... 

sSubZerOo

You are a liberal who purports to care about other people, are you not?

The very first word of the last post I quoted was "No". You're either against arbitrary legislation like the SAFE act, or you support it. Apathy, for the third time, is just as dangerous as support.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

We've been over this bro, no one is gonna sympathize with you having to load 7 rounds into your gun as opposed to 8.

Aljosa23

If that was the only measure of the SAFE act, maybe you'd have a point. I don't really care what you sympathize with or not, you've already been a douchebag on the matter, so I value your opinion in this regard very little.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 deactivated-5b1e62582e305

[QUOTE="Aljosa23"]

airshocker

If that was the only measure of the SAFE act, maybe you'd have a point. I don't really care what you sympathize with or not, you've already been a douchebag on the matter, so I value your opinion in this regard very little.

rteZP.gif

Nibroc420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Nibroc420

[QUOTE="Aljosa23"]

airshocker

Gotta have those Bayonet mounts and drum mags right? In case the buck charges right?
DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#36 DJ-Lafleur
Member since 2007 • 35604 Posts

As long as citizens are still able to buy small hand-arms and rounds I hardly see the issue.

Laihendi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Laihendi

[QUOTE="Laihendi"]Those people are already going to die anyways if there is a gunman nearby trying to shoot them. If the victims are armed they have a much better chance of surviving. If you were in a classroom at school and some guy walked in with a gun and started shooting people, would you rather you and your classmates be armed or unarmed? The answer should be obvious.JML897

No f*cking way.
I knew you were stupid, I didn't know you were "students should be armed" stupid.

Please explain why an adult student should not be allowed to arm himself.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 deactivated-59d151f079814

[QUOTE="sSubZerOo"]

airshocker

You are a liberal who purports to care about other people, are you not?

The very first word of the last post I quoted was "No". You're either against arbitrary legislation like the SAFE act, or you support it. Apathy, for the third time, is just as dangerous as support.

.........................   :|  Oh boy.. The ole fascist stand of either being with you or against you.. I am sorry but there is more to the argument then that.. I have no opinion on the said law because it does not involve me..   And furthermore where did I claim to be liberal?  And I am sorry but what?  Every body cares about people, but we also must have a scope of things.. Take school shootings for instance, they are so rare that its insulting to even be the target of things when there are far more causes of deaths per year then the three decades of school shootings combined.  The fact of the matter is I see putting a "guard" in every school as negligent funding to prevent a possible average of 10 deaths a year when we have way greater death tolls on other problems with in the United States occuring each year.. Where is the out rage for them?

I have stated they are indeed tragic, but to make this the target of billions of dollars of money to funnel to prevent these deaths when we have far greater death tolls each year then this from other events?  Fvcking irresponsible. 

Slow_Show

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Slow_Show
Member since 2011 • 2018 Posts

Actually, one side is more in the wrong here. Governor Cuomo pushed through draconian gun regulations in the state of New York.

Where's the legislation from Steven Segal?

airshocker

I don't know how a law that had to be approved by a GOP-controlled senate counts as pushed through, nor what makes the SAFE act draconian. All seems pretty reasonable at best and toothless at worst. 

And the point is that sort of "more guns are the solution, no exceptions" and "any regulation is tyranny" mentality from the gun-lobby and -culture is precisely the reason concerns about the effectiveness of things like the assault weapon ban aren't taken seriously. You're never going to get comprehensive and reasonable regulation when one side's starting position is "if anything, we really need to be loosening restrictions on ownership". 

Avatar image for UnknownSniper65
UnknownSniper65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 UnknownSniper65
Member since 2004 • 9238 Posts

Assault weapon is a made up term. Its even more annoying when people say things like "military grade assault weapons". 

My friends favorite hunting and target shooting rifle is a Remington 700

.....Other wise known as the M24 in this picture being used by a US Army Soldier.

800px-061019-A-7603F-151.jpg

Yet that rifle has NO chance of ever being banned for civilian use.

Laihendi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Laihendi
[QUOTE="Nibroc420"][QUOTE="Laihendi"][QUOTE="Nibroc420"] Unless they take regular crisis training (like some police and military), they're not going to have a sharp enough state of mind. The last thing we need is numerous people getting killed because some idiot who's never fired his gun wants to play rambo.

Situations with hostages and crazy people wielding guns, aren't quite as black and white as you'd like to think. Last thing police need while trying to talk down a potentially suicidal, and vengeful gunman, is some untrained civilian missing him, or just injuring him and making him angrier.

If a gunman is suicidal and intent on murdering as many people as he can before he dies, then whether or not he is angry is not relevant. He is still going to kill as many people as he can regardless of how angry he is. Why would police try to talk to a gunman who is on a murderous rampage if they can just shoot him? The only reason to talk to him is if he has hostages.
Nibroc420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Nibroc420

[QUOTE="Nibroc420"][QUOTE="Laihendi"] Those people are already going to die anyways if there is a gunman nearby trying to shoot them. If the victims are armed they have a much better chance of surviving. If you were in a classroom at school and some guy walked in with a gun and started shooting people, would you rather you and your classmates be armed or unarmed? The answer should be obvious.Laihendi

If a gunman is suicidal and intent on murdering as many people as he can before he dies, then whether or not he is angry is not relevant. He is still going to kill as many people as he can regardless of how angry he is. Why would police try to talk to a gunman who is on a murderous rampage if they can just shoot him? The only reason to talk to him is if he has hostages.

Imagine your favorite police hostage movie.
>Armed bad guys take building/bank and have hostages
>Cops try to talk down bad guys, get them to give up hostages, and stall while they figure out plans

Last thing cops need is a hostage pulling his gun out, and the gunman deciding that if one hostage wants to be a hero they might all try.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Gotta have those Bayonet mounts and drum mags right? In case the buck charges right?Nibroc420

In a free society you need a reason to ban something. What possible reason do you have for banning bayonet lugs? Has there been an outbreak of killings with bayonetted rifles?

As for the drum magazine bit, if you check back into my previous posts on the matter, I don't particularly mind the banning of high capacity drum magazines. What I do mind is the banning of standard 30 round magazines and an arbitrary round cap of SEVEN. Evidence has already shown a neglible difference in time that it takes a shooter to reload from a 10 round magazine, to a 30 round magazine. I'm not in favor of banning something when it'll have no effect on shootings.

Nibroc420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Nibroc420

[QUOTE="Nibroc420"]Gotta have those Bayonet mounts and drum mags right? In case the buck charges right?airshocker

In a free society you need a reason to ban something. What possible reason do you have for banning bayonet lugs? Has there been an outbreak of killings with bayonetted rifles?

As for the drum magazine bit, if you check back into my previous posts on the matter, I don't particularly mind the banning of high capacity drum magazines. What I do mind is the banning of standard 30 round magazines and an arbitrary round cap of SEVEN. Evidence has already shown a neglible difference in time that it takes a shooter to reload from a 10 round magazine, to a 30 round magazine. I'm not in favor of banning something when it'll have no effect on shootings.

Lets say a reload takes... 5 seconds? That's pretty long but it's an easy number. At one round every second, You'd have to reload your gun with a 10 round magazine 4 times a minute. 40 rounds a minute. Where as with a 30 round magazine, you'd only have to reload once, and you could fire 55 rounds in the same amount of time. Would you prefer if an enraged gunman to be able to fire 40 bullets a minute? or 55?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

.........................   :|  Oh boy.. The ole fascist stand of either being with you or against you.. I am sorry but there is more to the argument then that.. I have no opinion on the said law because it does not involve me..   And furthermore where did I claim to be liberal?  And I am sorry but what?  Every body cares about people, but we also must have a scope of things.. Take school shootings for instance, they are so rare that its insulting to even be the target of things when there are far more causes of deaths per year then the three decades of school shootings combined.  The fact of the matter is I see putting a "guard" in every school as negligent funding to prevent a possible average of 10 deaths a year when we have way greater death tolls on other problems with in the United States occuring each year.. Where is the out rage for them?

I have stated they are indeed tragic, but to make this the target of billions of dollars of money to funnel to prevent these deaths when we have far greater death tolls each year then this from other events?  Fvcking irresponsible. 

sSubZerOo

Stay focused, I know it's hard for you. We're talking about the provisions of the NY SAFE act which say nothing about having guards in schools.

So explain to me how it's reasonable to ban a 30 round magazine when it's been shown that: A) criminals don't follow gun control laws, and B) a shooter can reload a ten round magazine into his weapon just as quickly as a 30 rounder.

Explain to me how it's reasonable to put forth legislation that prevents people from putting more than seven rounds in a 10 round magazine.

Explain to me why the aesthetic features of an AR-15 should be banned when they make no difference on the performance of the weapon.

You can't neither support nor defend something. Either you're for, or against such arbitrary laws.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Lets say a reload takes... 5 seconds? That's pretty long but it's an easy number. At one round every second, You'd have to reload your gun with a 10 round magazine 4 times a minute. 40 rounds a minute. Where as with a 30 round magazine, you'd only have to reload once, and you could fire 55 rounds in the same amount of time. Would you prefer if an enraged gunman to be able to fire 40 bullets a minute? or 55?Nibroc420

It doesn't take five seconds to reload a magazine in an AR-15. As this gentlemen has shown and I already know from experience. You'll want to fast forward near the end. Sorry, fast-forward to 4:20 or so.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 deactivated-59d151f079814

[QUOTE="Nibroc420"]Gotta have those Bayonet mounts and drum mags right? In case the buck charges right?airshocker

See I am not too sure about that thing.. We see videos of professionals who have been firing guns for decades isolated in a practice range to "prove" it doesn't matter.. When shootings are usually done by people who do not have the same kind of experience and are actually shooting PEOPLE that are running and screaming.. That reload may indeed make a person falter and fumble a bit when they are hopped on adrenaline.. As for the SAFE Act, there are some parts that are agreeable such as greater background checks, but others like increasing assault rifle profile I do not agree with what so ever..   Which is exactly my point.. There are more sides to the argument then two sides.. 

Nibroc420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Nibroc420

[QUOTE="Nibroc420"]Lets say a reload takes... 5 seconds? That's pretty long but it's an easy number. At one round every second, You'd have to reload your gun with a 10 round magazine 4 times a minute. 40 rounds a minute. Where as with a 30 round magazine, you'd only have to reload once, and you could fire 55 rounds in the same amount of time. Would you prefer if an enraged gunman to be able to fire 40 bullets a minute? or 55?airshocker

It doesn't take five seconds to reload a magazine in an AR-15. As this gentlemen has shown and I already know from experience. You'll want to fast forward near the end.

You're saying it takes roughly the same amount of time to reload a 10 round mag as a 30 round one. I'm saying that means a shooter doesn't have to reload as often, which doesn't really hurt hunters or range-nuts; It only hurts murderers.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

See I am not too sure about that thing.. We see videos of professionals who have been firing guns for decades isolated in a practice range to "prove" it doesn't matter.. When shootings are usually done by people who do not have the same kind of experience and are actually shooting PEOPLE that are running and screaming.. That reload may indeed make a person falter and fumble a bit when they are hopped on adrenaline.. As for the SAFE Act, there are some parts that are agreeable such as greater background checks, but others like increasing assault rifle profile I do not agree with what so ever..   Which is exactly my point.. There are more sides to the argument then two sides.. 

sSubZerOo

You don't need to be a professional to reload an AR-15.

My point is, by being apathetic to the matter, you are supporting the SAFE act which does more harm than good.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

You're saying it takes roughly the same amount of time to reload a 10 round mag as a 30 round one. I'm saying that means a shooter doesn't have to reload as often, which doesn't really hurt hunters or range-nuts; It only hurts murderers.Nibroc420

It hurts those of us who spent quite a bit of money on legal, pre-ban 30 round magazines. It also hurt range-nuts who don't want to have to load after every 7 shots. Or people like me who don't want to have to spend like 300 dollars just to get a few ten round magazines.