"I'm a virgin"=automatic friendzone?

• 61 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

-You

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 -You
Member since 2009 • 253 Posts

Alright people here's the deal, I started a new job recently and met this cute girl. She was quite flirtatious with me right from the get go and as we got to know each other better I started to really like her. So everything was going well when the subject of sex came up and being the honest guy I am I told her I was a virgin, she didn't believe me at first but I said "why would I lie about that?" and from then on she has seemed less flirty and has started to treat me as more of a friend then anything...

So I ask you OT should I have just lied? because at this point I'm pretty sure I have no chance...Or any suggestions on how I could fix this loss of intrest?

Amber084

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Amber084
Member since 2004 • 557 Posts
She probably thought there was something wrong with you that nobody wanted to go all the way with you.
Avatar image for deactivated-5c37d3adcd094
deactivated-5c37d3adcd094

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 deactivated-5c37d3adcd094
Member since 2006 • 8362 Posts
Just ask her out now. If she says no, you know for sure she isn't interested. If she says yes, you'd obviously misread her.
dodgerblue13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 dodgerblue13
Member since 2004 • 20846 Posts
It's probably because you think "alright" is a word when it clearly isn't. Oh, and are you into the type of girl who would be put off by a guy being a virgin? If you like 'em experienced, I'd suggest lying 'til you reel in one.
AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 AutoPilotOn
Member since 2010 • 8655 Posts
I dont see why that would hurt you. When I was younger I worked as a busboy. We got a new cook, this cute girl. Well all the other guys were hitting on her I was pretty shy. She actually started flirting with me and offering to drive me home(i didnt have car at the time) I was a virgin and she well, was not. She changed that and we dated for a couple years.
Ravensmash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Ravensmash
Member since 2010 • 13862 Posts
Just say you had the opportunities but didn't feel like it was the right time/person. Makes you sound like a decent fellow :)
mindstorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 mindstorm
Member since 2003 • 15255 Posts

My response to this is not what you'd expect because I'm going at this from what appears to be a completely different mindset. Essentially, the type of girl I wish to date would find that to be a good thing. The idea that she would be turned off by this would make me turned off by her.

If this is your same mindset, move on. If not, there are plenty of people here who have a radically different mindset than myself. :P

flipin_jackass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 flipin_jackass
Member since 2004 • 9772 Posts
You didn't have to lie, but you didn't have to tell her you were either. I don't know how you would 'fix' that... sleep with someone so it wont be true anymore?
Avatar image for deactivated-5c37d3adcd094
deactivated-5c37d3adcd094

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 deactivated-5c37d3adcd094
Member since 2006 • 8362 Posts
[QUOTE="Ravensmash"]Just say you had the opportunities but didn't feel like it was the right time/person. Makes you sound like a decent fellow :)

Kind of late now. "Oh yeah, you know we talked last week about me being a virgin? I've had some time to think of some excuses. Mind if I read them off these cue cards?"
Lockedge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Lockedge
Member since 2002 • 16765 Posts

Alright people here's the deal, I started a new job recently and met this cute girl. She was quite flirtatious with me right from the get go and as we got to know each other better I started to really like her. So everything was going well when the subject of sex came up and being the honest guy I am I told her I was a virgin, she didn't believe me at first but I said "why would I lie about that?" and from then on she has seemed less flirty and has started to treat me as more of a friend then anything...

So I ask you OT should I have just lied? because at this point I'm pretty sure I have no chance...Or any suggestions on how I could fix this loss of intrest?

-You
Well, from my experiences there are generally two mindsets at play here. one is "Oh, he's a virgin, that's cute", and "I do NOT want to bed a virgin." I might not be right, but I'd wager your gal friend is part of the latter mindset.
Avatar image for silentnightmere
silentnightmere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 silentnightmere
Member since 2009 • 1520 Posts
[QUOTE="Ravensmash"]Just say you had the opportunities but didn't feel like it was the right time/person. Makes you sound like a decent fellow :)kamikaze_pigmy
Kind of late now. "Oh yeah, you know we talked last week about me being a virgin? I've had some time to think of some excuses. Mind if I read them off these cue cards?"

That would work great...or u could be like...how come u been less flirtaious wid me and u found out i was a virgin.. ?? ive had the chances but it aint feel right ya know ? boom problem solved After ask her on a date
Gamingclone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#12 Gamingclone
Member since 2009 • 5224 Posts

Just say that all the girls that the oppertunity popped up with had some kind of STD, and make sure to say that you didnt do anything with them so you dont have said STDs.

-You

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 -You
I'm younger than her by a year if that matters
Ace6301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Ace6301
Member since 2005 • 21389 Posts
Shouldn't have said "why would I lie about that". Instead you should have said something like "I guess I'm just waiting for the right girl" with a smile or something. Cheesy as all hell, yeah, but honestly it's a better thing to say than why would I lie about that which just comes off as kind of as...accepting.
k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#15 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts

if you believe she is treating you different because that situation that day. Then you probably shouldn't think of here any more then just a friend or someone just be cool with get through the day.

why because clearly she was just after getting it in then anything. but hey some guys like women that just give it up, and some guys like a real women that want something more then just a good night.

anyways it could just be she been feeling down or something for the day. how long this been goin on? I swear hope you don't say a day... Because some people want a break from which can be hard in a work area when your working 5/ 7maybe 12 days straight, (Yes times i do work 12 days straight all the way up to my weekend off.)

That's just my opinion but w/e

dodgerblue13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 dodgerblue13
I'm younger than her by a year if that matters -You
Oi, you're on a cougah hunt now!
-You

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 -You
It's been going for about two weeks k2theswiss
allnamestaken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#18 allnamestaken
Member since 2003 • 6618 Posts
It's probably because you think "alright" is a word when it clearly isn't. Oh, and are you into the type of girl who would be put off by a guy being a virgin? If you like 'em experienced, I'd suggest lying 'til you reel in one.dodgerblue13
Dictionary.com disagrees, dodgerblue13. You had me scared for a second as I'm just about to go for my journalism internship and could have sworn "alright" was a word. To the TC: Whatevs man, go for it, everyone has to lose their virginity at some point. It's more a symbolic thing, in my opinion, anyways. Knowing the females, they react to sex the same way most guys do. Would the fact that you're taking a girl's virginity, if she was fine with it and everything, (lol) really stop you from having sex with her?
k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 k2theswiss
It's been going for about two weeks k2theswiss-You
umm, time move on buddy, clearly she seen something in you that spark her about you and wanted get it in... best advice i can say is don't fall for those.
dodgerblue13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 dodgerblue13
Dictionary.com disagrees, dodgerblue13. You had me scared for a second as I'm just about to go for my journalism internship and could have sworn "alright" was a word.allnamestaken
It's really not. It slips through because we have words like altogether and already. But formally, and correctly, it's all right. Grammar Girl has my back on this one. Alright makes me cringe. Words, for the victory.
Diablo-B

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#21 Diablo-B
Member since 2009 • 4063 Posts
I always found it odd that guys like girls that are as close to virgin as possible while girls seem to like guys that will stick their pecker in anything they can fit it in.
chrisrooR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#22 chrisrooR
Member since 2007 • 9027 Posts

My response to this is not what you'd expect because I'm going at this from what appears to be a completely different mindset. Essentially, the type of girl I wish to date would find that to be a good thing. The idea that she would be turned off by this would make me turned off by her.

If this is your same mindset, move on. If not, there are plenty of people here who have a radically different mindset than myself. :P

mindstorm
Basically this for me as well.
-You

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 -You
also if you guys are wondering why I'm still a virgin, it's because I never put forth any real effort into getting into a relationship that would result in sex.. I know that this sounds stupid and like I'm infatuated but there is just some thing about this girl that gets to me.
allnamestaken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 allnamestaken
[QUOTE="allnamestaken"]Dictionary.com disagrees, dodgerblue13. You had me scared for a second as I'm just about to go for my journalism internship and could have sworn "alright" was a word.dodgerblue13
It's really not. It slips through because we have words like altogether and already. But formally, and correctly, it's all right. Grammar Girl has my back on this one. Alright makes me cringe. Words, for the victory.[/QUOTE Does having a Flames avatar automatically make you conservative when it comes to spelling, too? Our lexicon must evolve to accommodate modern cultural usage, but should be balanced by rules of correct, accepted grammatical precedents. And I think, as we're on a gaming forum, it's alright to use alright.
Konekomaru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Konekomaru
Member since 2011 • 343 Posts

Oh, and are you into the type of girl who would be put off by a guy being a virgin? If you like 'em experienced, I'd suggest lying 'til you reel in one.dodgerblue13

This seems like decent advice.

XilePrincess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 XilePrincess
Member since 2008 • 13130 Posts
You don't want a girl who would lose interest that fast because you're a virgin. They're the ones who don't like doing any work in bed and will just lay there and expect you to do everything. She did you a favor by losing interest.
zoraluv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 zoraluv
Member since 2010 • 8319 Posts

well be flirty with her.

start a flirty convo.

or even go with. "you look cute today" try that.

allnamestaken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 allnamestaken
You just have to go in their with the intention that you want to have sex with this girl. Come on, man. It's no secret, just go for it if you want it. If she's into you, what's the big deal?
dodgerblue13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 dodgerblue13
[QUOTE="allnamestaken"] Does having a Flames avatar automatically make you conservative when it comes to spelling, too? Our lexicon must evolve to accommodate modern cultural usage, but should be balanced by rules of correct, accepted grammatical precedents. And I think, as we're on a gaming forum, it's alright to use alright.

What do the Flames have to do with this? Is it just because I'm Canadian? Our vocabulary does evolve, but I'm just saying that all right is the correct way to go about it, especially if you're a journalism major. Regardless, alright really isn't a word. It's just an accepted spelling for all right which makes me still call attention to the cringeworthiness of alright. and if datz da case ill just type like dis aiight?
raynimrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#30 raynimrod
Member since 2005 • 6861 Posts

[QUOTE="allnamestaken"]Dictionary.com disagrees, dodgerblue13. You had me scared for a second as I'm just about to go for my journalism internship and could have sworn "alright" was a word.dodgerblue13
It's really not. It slips through because we have words like altogether and already. But formally, and correctly, it's all right. Grammar Girl has my back on this one. Alright makes me cringe. Words, for the victory.

It's in the OED - it's a word. It's just recommended that you don't use it in formal writing.

DroidPhysX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 DroidPhysX
Member since 2010 • 17098 Posts

Soon you will be mayor of the friends zone.

Cookie to anyone who gets that reference.

allnamestaken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 allnamestaken

[QUOTE="allnamestaken"] Does having a Flames avatar automatically make you conservative when it comes to spelling, too? Our lexicon must evolve to accommodate modern cultural usage, but should be balanced by rules of correct, accepted grammatical precedents. And I think, as we're on a gaming forum, it's alright to use alright.dodgerblue13
What do the Flames have to do with this? Is it just because I'm Canadian? Our vocabulary does evolve, but I'm just saying that all right is the correct way to go about it, especially if you're a journalism major. Regardless, alright really isn't a word. It's just an accepted spelling for all right which makes me still call attention to the cringeworthiness of alright. and if datz da case ill just type like dis aiight?

I just inferred that you were probably from Alberta, since you have a Flames avatar, and thus probably have Conservative values which are showing through in your stance of preferring formally accepted grammar. If I am wrong in these, assumptions, my bad. It's all good, I don't mean to start a fight, and you're right that when I write an article, I will not use alright -- unless it's accepted under Canadian Press style. But as this is a message board, and alright is a pretty widely accepted form of all right, I think your nit-picking is semantic. You can talk like that if you really want to, but I don't think many people are going to understand what you're writing and you're not going to get your points across very well. I'm Canadian, too!

AcidSoldner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 AcidSoldner
Member since 2007 • 7051 Posts

also if you guys are wondering why I'm still a virgin, it's because I never put forth any real effort into getting into a relationship that would result in sex.. I know that this sounds stupid and like I'm infatuated but there is just some thing about this girl that gets to me.-You

Or you could just go to a party and:

• Get drunk
  • Find a hot girl
  • Get her drunk
  • Get laid
LovePotionNo9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 LovePotionNo9
Member since 2010 • 4751 Posts

She saw she lost an opportunity for a one night stand and decided to move on.

MistressMinako

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#35 MistressMinako
Member since 2008 • 45964 Posts
Forget her. If she changed her mind, leave her alone relationship wise. I'm guessing she wanted some sort of fling and didn't want to be your first. If she just wanted to be your girlfriend then I don't think it should matter, but whatever.
raynimrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#36 raynimrod
Member since 2005 • 6861 Posts

She saw she lost an opportunity for a one night stand and decided to move on.

LovePotionNo9

You know, this is probably the msot correct answer so far.

cametall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 cametall
Member since 2003 • 7692 Posts
You should have asked her if she'd like to find out, thus solving your conundrum.
dodgerblue13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 dodgerblue13
I just inferred that you were probably from Alberta, since you have a Flames avatar, and thus probably have Conservative values which are showing through in your stance of preferring formally accepted grammar. If I am wrong in these, assumptions, my bad. It's all good, I don't mean to start a fight, and you're right that when I write an article, I will not use alright -- unless it's accepted under Canadian Press style. But as this is a message board, and alright is a pretty widely accepted form of all right, I think your nit-picking is semantic. You can talk like that if you really want to, but I don't think many people are going to understand what you're writing and you're not going to get your points across very well. I'm Canadian, too!allnamestaken
I'm not Canadian. I'm pretty conservative though, I suppose. I don't do politics. I just know that the conservative sandwich portfolio pays off. And I'll forever be nitpicky about alright. I just can't look at it without being annoyed. It's so ugly a "word". And I'm not trying to pick any fights either, but I'll still fight over matters of honour. And whether or not abbreviations count in Scrabble. THEY DON'T!
-You

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 -You
I guess I may just come off as a guy you'd like to sleep with then forget :(
k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 k2theswiss

anything and everything is a word in the making. As long as a word as a meaning to it and not a pile of letters (fdkjhgsdjkhl) then therefor it is a word.
xxFallenAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 xxFallenAngel
Member since 2011 • 753 Posts

Have sex with her. No longer virgin.

ad1x2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 ad1x2
Member since 2005 • 8430 Posts

TC, from personal experience most people probably wouldn't want to be with you for the fact that you're a virgin. If you don't know why you should watch The 40-Year Old Virgin and speed to the part where he finally got laid. It works both ways, sometimes virgin females aren't the greatest thing either when it comes to being "the one" for them (obviously not all of them are that way, but stereotypes are hard to break).

Avatar image for LostProphetFLCL
LostProphetFLCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 LostProphetFLCL
Member since 2006 • 18526 Posts

Well, I have lost chances with girls due to being a virgin, so it could have been a dealbreaker.

Good thing is, any girl who wouldn't date a guy because he is a virgin, is not in any way worth a relationship.

jeremiah06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 jeremiah06
Member since 2004 • 7217 Posts
IDK but when I lost mine I already had everyone convinced I was experienced.
-Tish-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#45 -Tish-
Member since 2007 • 3624 Posts
[QUOTE="mindstorm"]

This, this, and this 100%.
Roushrsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Roushrsh
Member since 2005 • 3351 Posts
Lying would have been bad but for these things you should walk around the truth AKA, don't say that you're a virgin unless she specifically asks... or what ace6301 said about the right girl is a pretty good line too if you absolutely feel the NEED to say it
Darthkaiser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#47 Darthkaiser
Member since 2006 • 12447 Posts
I don't think you should lie about it, I've heard testimonies where some girls actually find a nice looking virgin guy to be cute. No friend Zone material. Of course this depends on the girl.
-You

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 -You
So I decided to call her out on the situation and she pretty much just told me that she doesn't find me sexually attractive..
muller39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#49 muller39
Member since 2008 • 14953 Posts
Just ask her out now. If she says no, you know for sure she isn't interested. If she says yes, you'd obviously misread her.kamikaze_pigmy
This. You have to find out especially that you like her and work with her.
KrazyKev26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 KrazyKev26
Member since 2005 • 956 Posts

So I decided to call her out on the situation and she pretty much just told me that she doesn't find me sexually attractive..-You

Damn that sucks man. Oh well just forget about her.