Questions about mice in the house

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Laughing_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Laughing_God
Member since 2008 • 473 Posts

Will they help me eat roaches? cause i'll rather have mice than ugly ass bugs.

Will they bite me if i leave them alone?

I just saw a baby mice today and i wanted to give it a cracker but will this attract more mice to my house?

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 johnd13
Member since 2011 • 11125 Posts

Get rid of all of them. They' re all disgusting.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b78379493e12
deactivated-5b78379493e12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#3 deactivated-5b78379493e12
Member since 2005 • 15625 Posts

I just saw a baby mice today and i wanted to give it a cracker but will this attract more mice to my house?

Laughing_God

I've been dealing with mice in our basement for years, and frankly, you don't want either bugs or mice. Either you get creeply crawlies or the smell and feces of the mice.

KiIIyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 KiIIyou
Member since 2006 • 27204 Posts
Don't eat roachies, They only bite if you smeared peanut butter on your body.
mAArdman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 mAArdman
Member since 2003 • 1612 Posts

They might help you eat some roaches, but you still will have to do most of the job yourself. How many roaches do you usually eat in a week?

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 MrGeezer
Member since 2002 • 59765 Posts
Will they help me eat roaches?Laughing_God
No, you're gonna have to eat the roaches all by yourself.
Bucked20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Bucked20
Member since 2011 • 6651 Posts
Cats eat roaches
hydralisk86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 hydralisk86
Member since 2006 • 8844 Posts
If you ask them nicely, they may agree to split the roaches between you two.
Laughing_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Laughing_God

They might help you eat some roaches, but you still will have to do most of the job yourself. How many roaches do you usually eat in a week?

mAArdman

I don't eat roaches!!! i would rather die than eat one!!!! my bad i should had typed that line better!

slimjimbadboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 slimjimbadboy
Member since 2006 • 1731 Posts

This is a prefect opportunity to start chemical warfare on nature, why waste it?

Kevlar101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#12 Kevlar101
Member since 2011 • 6316 Posts

[QUOTE="mAArdman"]

Laughing_God

I don't eat roaches!!! i would rather die than eat one!!!! my bad i should had typed that line better!

:lol:
SuperKaio-ken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 SuperKaio-ken
Member since 2012 • 322 Posts

My cats bring in mice all the time and I barely see them (probably because they don't live very long and run off and die somewhere in the house due to lack of food and water or just being killed by my cats) I had one mouse who actually found a way onto my bed by jumping onto my wall plugin and climbing up my blankets, it was actually kind of scary how good they are at climbing so you could end up waking up next to them in your bed also which wouldn't be all that fun.

On the bright side they tend to be very cute and definitely would run before biting. They are also smarter than a Hamster so I think killing them would be cruel. I'd recommend capturing them and just setting them free as you will have them crapping all over your house and probably eventually dying due to lack of water. You could always capture one and buy a cage as they do tend to make good pets as long as they don't have any diseases.

Tropicalshower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Tropicalshower
Member since 2009 • 10813 Posts

Get a cat, and you will have your own live action Tom & Jerry show.

Laughing_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Laughing_God

My cats bring in mice all the time and I barely see them (probably because they don't live very long and run off and die somewhere in the house due to lack of food and water or just being killed by my cats) I had one mouse who actually found a way onto my bed by jumping onto my wall plugin and climbing up my blankets, it was actually kind of scary how good they are at climbing so you could end up waking up next to them in your bed also which wouldn't be all that fun.

On the bright side they tend to be very cute and definitely would run before biting. They are also smarter than a Hamster so I think killing them would be cruel. I'd recommend capturing them and just setting them free as you will have them crapping all over your house and probably eventually dying due to lack of water. You could always capture one and buy a cage as they do tend to make good pets as long as they don't have any diseases.

SuperKaio-ken

That sounds like a good idea but im pretty sure they have diseases since they came from the sewers. I won't be killing any mices i just can't bring myself to kill one but i would murder roaches without mercy and regret.

themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 themajormayor
Member since 2011 • 25729 Posts

You should've said mouse in the house cause it rhymes

Kevlar101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#17 Kevlar101
Member since 2011 • 6316 Posts

You should've said mouse in the house cause it rhymes

themajormayor
:lol:
lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 65

#18 lightleggy
Member since 2008 • 16090 Posts

Laughing_God
They dont eat roches as far as I know, but are they mice? or rats? there are big ass rats in my house, or were, tho they didnt bothered me much, unless if I saw them near my food, that would drive me crazy. anyway small lizards are good against roches, not rats or mices.
lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 lightleggy

[QUOTE="SuperKaio-ken"]

Laughing_God

That sounds like a good idea but im pretty sure they have diseases since they came from the sewers. I won't be killing any mices i just can't bring myself to kill one but i would murder roaches without mercy and regret.

there is no proof that rats carry diseases though. I've had huge rats, from the sewers, and no one in my house got sick. and yes I also cant kill them, I remember once when a small rat got trapped under my bookshelf, and it would scratch it relentlessly, attempting to get out, It just got the best of me and I moved the shelve so that it could run away. my dog ate it 2 days ago, but hey, at least it wasnt me.
GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 GazaAli
Member since 2007 • 25216 Posts

Get rid of all of them. They' re all disgusting.

johnd13
WhiteKnight77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 WhiteKnight77
Member since 2003 • 12605 Posts

Get a gekko to keep the roaches in check. Failing that, roach spray is the way to go. As far as mice, a mouse trap or a glue trap is what is needed to get rid of them. The mouse trap is more humane though. It kills them quickly.

lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 lightleggy

Get a gekko to keep the roaches in check. Failing that, roach spray is the way to go. As far as mice, a mouse trap or a glue trap is what is needed to get rid of them. The mouse trap is more humane though. It kills them quickly.

WhiteKnight77
glue trap is awful. i'll never get the image of that poor mice struggling for his life out of my head.
Avatar image for Chow_Mein_Kampf
Chow_Mein_Kampf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Chow_Mein_Kampf
Member since 2012 • 6203 Posts

[QUOTE="WhiteKnight77"]

lightleggy

glue trap is awful. i'll never get the image of that poor mice struggling for his life out of my head.

Those are only good if the rat/mouse is small........Grown ones will run right through.......

ScorpionTroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 ScorpionTroll
Member since 2012 • 810 Posts

Mice and rats shlt and piss everywhere near constantly as they have little bowel and bladder control. They're equally unsanitary. In fact, if you're having a problem with the big roaches as opposed to smaller, german type of cockroaches, rodents are probably even more unsanitary by comparison. Your best bet is to get some roach spray and bait stations and go to town on 'em. Or get a professional to treat your place if it's really bad.

WhiteKnight77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 WhiteKnight77
Member since 2003 • 12605 Posts

[QUOTE="lightleggy"][QUOTE="WhiteKnight77"]

Chow_Mein_Kampf

Those are only good if the rat/mouse is small........Grown ones will run right through.......

There are actually two sizes of glue traps, one for mice and the other larger one for rats and yes, they catch rats really well.

lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 lightleggy

[QUOTE="lightleggy"][QUOTE="WhiteKnight77"]

Chow_Mein_Kampf

those ones are never good.