Question to my fellow Muslims.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

m25105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 m25105
Member since 2010 • 3135 Posts

Why do you guys (those that do) follow the Hadiths? Why do you put so much importance on it?

The Quran is the word of Allah, as told by the Arch Angel Gabriel to the Prophet. It's perfect and must not be overridden. Yet for example, some Muslim countries stone those that commit adultery to the death by stoning, because it says so in the Hadiths.

Does that Quran mention that those that commit adultery, should be stoned? No, it doesn't. In fact the Quran specifies that those who do commit adultery, should be punished by being flogged 80 times. So aren't these countries, putting the Hadith over the Quran?

The Hadiths are man made, and honestly all those tests and what not aren't gonna help. Cause it was written down after the prophet and everyone who knew him in person were long dead. If I tell you I bought a red Mitsubishi for 2000 dollars and you tell others for over a hundred years, without anyone ever writing it down, do you still think that after 100 years, people would tell each other that I bought a red Mitsubishi for 2000 dollars?

Aren't we risking turning the prophet into something more than he was?

Avatar image for RationalAtheist
RationalAtheist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 RationalAtheist
Member since 2007 • 4428 Posts

Stoning or flogging?

Decisions, decisions!

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 GazaAli
Member since 2007 • 25216 Posts
Did the Quran tell us how to pray? Did it tell us about the other countless specifics of the Islamic faith? Beside in the Quran itself in several occasions, it was mentioned to follow Allah and the prophet Mohammad. Lastly, it is essential to believe that Mohammad as a prophet, his speech and acts were influenced by Allah through many ways including Gabriel himself and through other means.
m25105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 m25105
Did the Quran tell us how to pray? Did it tell us about the other countless specifics of the Islamic faith? Beside in the Quran itself in several occasions, it was mentioned to follow Allah and the prophet Mohammad. Lastly, it is essential to believe that Mohammad as a prophet, his speech and acts were influenced by Allah through many ways including Gabriel himself and through other means.GazaAli
Prayer is a set of movements that's easy to remember when you do it every day. Think of Karate. You don't have a problem with people holding the Hadiths higher than the Quran in the adultery example?
GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 GazaAli
[QUOTE="GazaAli"]Did the Quran tell us how to pray? Did it tell us about the other countless specifics of the Islamic faith? Beside in the Quran itself in several occasions, it was mentioned to follow Allah and the prophet Mohammad. Lastly, it is essential to believe that Mohammad as a prophet, his speech and acts were influenced by Allah through many ways including Gabriel himself and through other means.m25105
Prayer is a set of movements that's easy to remember when you do it every day. Think of Karate. You don't have a problem with people holding the Hadiths higher than the Quran in the adultery example?

That is not the point. The point is we originally wouldn't have known how to pray if we weren't showed how to by Mohammad. I mean, you can't really say that we didn't need Eisenstein to come up with the theory of relativity because NOW we know it, since we know it now because he came up with it some decades ago. Also about the adultery thing, what Mohammad did is not override the Quran, he just introduced to us the specifics of adultery and how a non-wed adulterer is different from a wed adulterer.
m25105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 m25105

[QUOTE="m25105"][QUOTE="GazaAli"]Did the Quran tell us how to pray? Did it tell us about the other countless specifics of the Islamic faith? Beside in the Quran itself in several occasions, it was mentioned to follow Allah and the prophet Mohammad. Lastly, it is essential to believe that Mohammad as a prophet, his speech and acts were influenced by Allah through many ways including Gabriel himself and through other means.GazaAli

That is not the point. The point is we originally wouldn't have known how to pray if we weren't showed how to by Mohammad. I mean, you can't really say that we didn't need Eisenstein to come up with the theory of relativity because NOW we know it, since we know it now because he came up with it some decades ago. Also about the adultery thing, what Mohammad did is not override the Quran, he just introduced to us the specifics of adultery and how a non-wed adulterer is different from a wed adulterer.

The point is you don't know the prophet really said that. You have to understand the time the prophet lived in, don't you think a lot of those Arab families just imposed their culture as part of the Hadiths? Not to mention the era during the prophet lived in wasn't exactly very easy to survive in. And no, Allah stated in the Quran that he made it easy for us to understand.

Then some guy writes down supposed words that the Prophet said (that were NEVER written down before) 100 years after he died (so that means even a newborn baby that held the prophets finger, the day before he passed away, wouldn't have been alive when the Hadiths were compiled and written).

For me it's borderline blasphemy how much high the Hadiths are being held up, and in the case of adultery even superseding the Quran, when the Quran is the word of Allah and infallible.

And I repeat, if you do a fixed set of movement, every day (like praying) then that's easy to remember and pass on. If the prophet prayed that way, then it's safe to say it's a correct form of prayer, but that doesn't have anything to do with the Hadiths.

junglist101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 junglist101
Member since 2007 • 5517 Posts

Violence against women is wrong and this flogging/stoning crap is beyond non sense. So in short these so called hadiths are wrong and it doesn't take a Muslim to sort that out.

m25105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 m25105

Violence against women is wrong and this flogging/stoning crap is beyond non sense. So in short these so called hadiths are wrong and it doesn't take a Muslim to sort that out.

junglist101
So in your world only women can be adulterers?
Avatar image for RationalAtheist
RationalAtheist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 RationalAtheist
Member since 2007 • 4428 Posts

junglist101

The Quran says flog - the Hadith say stone!

If the Quran is infallible, why isn't there more flogging going on in the world?

Zaibach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12 Zaibach
Member since 2007 • 13466 Posts

[QUOTE="junglist101"]

m25105

dont be daft, no one should be an adulterer, killing them is not the answer either

junglist101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 junglist101

[QUOTE="junglist101"]

m25105

Does it really matter if it's men or women? It sounds like your questioning what you've been taught or learned so all I'm gonna say is hopefully you keep questioning things and you'll eventually find the answers your looking for. I've provided one answer for you above.:)

m25105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 m25105

[QUOTE="m25105"][QUOTE="junglist101"]

junglist101

Does it really matter if it's men or women? It sounds like your questioning what you've been taught or learned so all I'm gonna say is hopefully you keep questioning things and you'll eventually find the answers your looking for. I've provided one answer for you above.:)

All you're doing is missing the point of this thread and derailing it into the punishment of adultery.
Ilovegames1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 Ilovegames1992
Member since 2010 • 14221 Posts

I hate adultery. So i support the stoning or flogging of those lying cheating sluts

Muslim slut:

m25105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 m25105

I hate adultery. So i support the stoning or flogging of those lying cheating sluts

Muslim slut:

Ilovegames1992

Another one missing the point.

junglist101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 junglist101

[QUOTE="junglist101"]

[QUOTE="m25105"] So in your world only women can be adulterers? m25105

All you're doing is missing the point of this thread and derailing it into the punishment of adultery.

That wasn't my intention but I just picked up on the part of your post that stood out to me.

Ilovegames1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Ilovegames1992

[QUOTE="Ilovegames1992"]

Muslim slut:

m25105

Another one missing the point.

:cry:

Sagem28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#19 Sagem28
Member since 2010 • 10498 Posts

Muslim slut:

Ilovegames1992

Dem legs

Ilovegames1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Ilovegames1992

[QUOTE="Ilovegames1992"]

Muslim slut:

Sagem28

Dem legs

Fukin stunning

junglist101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 junglist101

[QUOTE="Sagem28"]

[QUOTE="Ilovegames1992"]

Muslim slut:

Ilovegames1992

Dem legs

Fukin stunning

I'd flog her if you now what I mean;)

Avatar image for deactivated-5b19214ec908b
deactivated-5b19214ec908b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 deactivated-5b19214ec908b
Member since 2007 • 25072 Posts

Stonning is beyond barbaric, but any book that encourages violence (e.g. flogging) shouldn't be taken seriously at all.

Ilovegames1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Ilovegames1992

[QUOTE="Ilovegames1992"]

[QUOTE="Sagem28"]

Dem legs

junglist101

Fukin stunning

I'd flog her if you now what I mean;)

I'd throw my stones her way...

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 GazaAli

The point is you don't know the prophet really said that. You have to understand the time the prophet lived in, don't you think a lot of those Arab families just imposed their culture as part of the Hadiths? Not to mention the era during the prophet lived in wasn't exactly very easy to survive in. And no, Allah stated in the Quran that he made it easy for us to understand.

Then some guy writes down supposed words that the Prophet said (that were NEVER written down before) 100 years after he died (so that means even a newborn baby that held the prophets finger, the day before he passed away, wouldn't have been alive when the Hadiths were compiled and written).

For me it's borderline blasphemy how much high the Hadiths are being held up, and in the case of adultery even superseding the Quran, when the Quran is the word of Allah and infallible.

And I repeat, if you do a fixed set of movement, every day (like praying) then that's easy to remember and pass on. If the prophet prayed that way, then it's safe to say it's a correct form of prayer, but that doesn't have anything to do with the Hadiths.

m25105

That is why we have many classifications of Hadiths and you probably know that. Regardless I as a "liberal" Muslim encourage people's freedom and the right to say what they want and I tend to question everything with an open mind so I really don't want to tell you to go read a certain book or ask some Shiehk about it. However, when I'm lost in anything in this world, i.e Excel formula, I ask someone I trust and acknowledge as knowledgable.

conistant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 conistant
Member since 2008 • 2169 Posts
Well most muslim communities think that the hadith are infallible and if someone actually questions a hadith they get branded as having a weak imaan.So most people just follow whatever the local scholar says without question and this has been continuing since centuries and back then we muslims know what used to happen to those who questioned the imams which still happens today in some countries.
m25105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 m25105

Stonning is beyond barbaric, but any book that encourages violence (e.g. flogging) shouldn't be taken seriously at all.

toast_burner
3 people now missing the point.
EsYuGee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 EsYuGee
Member since 2007 • 466 Posts

TC, this is not the place to discuss Islam. It always degenerates into infantile and ignorant comments.

ColdExistence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 ColdExistence
Member since 2011 • 974 Posts

Islam upholds crimes against humanity. How anyone follows and believes in it, in this day and age, is mind boggling. Absolutely abhorrent.

m25105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 m25105

TC, this is not the place to discuss Islam. It always degenerates into infantile and ignorant comments.

EsYuGee
Lol perfect timing, look at the post below yours :)
Ilovegames1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Ilovegames1992

I don't see how saying stoning is wrong, and calling out the bad aspects of Islam, is infantile and ignorant.

ColdExistence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 ColdExistence

I don't see how saying stoning is wrong, and calling out the bad aspects of Islam, is infantile and ignorant.

Ilovegames1992

Yeah, let's not forget that stoning is probably one of the more milder punishments.

Zaibach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Zaibach

Ilovegames1992

read two posts up and see the ignorance this kind of thread evokes

ColdExistence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 ColdExistence

[QUOTE="Ilovegames1992"]

Zaibach

Everything is ignorant in the eyes of Muslims and Christians when it paints their religion in a negative light, no matter if it's true.

Ilovegames1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Ilovegames1992

[QUOTE="Ilovegames1992"]

Zaibach

Ok, one post.

paratheos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 paratheos
Member since 2012 • 339 Posts
Islam is a totalitarian ideology that disguises itself as religion, to enjoy tolerance and freedom in societies Islam has seeked to destroy for centuries. Evolved from a small band of desert raiders led by a bloodthirsty, sexually challenged eccentrist called Muhammad. It is the only "religion" which makes the taboo of manslaughter relative. While all religions say, "thou shouldst not kill" Islam says, "thou shouldst not kill Muslims and innocents" leaving it to the Muslims themselves to decide who is innocent.

It is a backward agressive idology built on racism and religious discrimination, giving rights to people according to their gender and religion. It is the complete opposite of our culture that is built on human rights and the separation of law, state and church, an ideology that tolerates other ideologies only after subduing them. Since the very early years Muslims brought destruction and death to peoples who were unlucky enough to get in the Muslim's way. Historical relations with Europe are almost entirely about Europeans fighting off Muslim agression since the early IXt century right until the XIXth when the final Muslim soldier was kicked out of mainland Europe (from Turkish-occupied Bulgaria). However, Muslims like to keep quiet about their bloody history but never fail to point the fingers of the Crusades, as if they hadn't waged a continuous war against other cultures an all continents wherre Muslims set foot.

The way Muslims lie and deceive others about the nature of their ideology is unparalleled. They also seem to suffer from a collective denial of facts which prevents them from realising the dark side of their religion and doing something about it, like Protestantism did to renew Christianity. Racism, sexism, intolerance and aggression are not unknown to other cultures but only Islam justifies this things by "the will of God". It is probably worse than Fascist as not even Nazis took the streets in happy celebration after killing several thousand civilians in a country with which feeds and supports many Muslim states. Gravely misunderstood and even patronised in Europe, Islam will lead to continent-wide civil wars in about 50-60 years on the parts of the continent where was stupid enough to let this Fascist ideology thrive.

Muslims usually claim that they are not all terrorists, which equals to whitewashing Nazism (the ideology probably closest to Islam) by saying that you can't blame a whole ideology for the crimes of a few Eichmanns. The greatest allies of Islam are political correctness and tolerance, the earlier out of simple ignorance, the latter out of cowardice and fear of conflict. Islam is the enemy of our values like freedom and human rights and therefore a deadly and uncompromising enemy of our civilization as well.
Zaibach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Zaibach

[QUOTE="Zaibach"]

[QUOTE="Ilovegames1992"]

Ilovegames1992

Ok, one post.

count again, look up look down, I'm on a horse

Ilovegames1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Ilovegames1992

[QUOTE="Ilovegames1992"]

[QUOTE="Zaibach"]read two posts up and see the ignorance this kind of thread evokes

Zaibach

Ok, one post.

Actually, i'm not even going to agree that they are ignorant. Just because you can't argue you against it, don't just claim ignorance.

Zaibach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Zaibach

[QUOTE="Zaibach"]

[QUOTE="Ilovegames1992"]

ColdExistence

Everything is ignorant in the eyes of Muslims and Christians when it paints their religion in a negative light, no matter if it's true.

what do you know about islam?

I would ask you about the 5 pillars of islam, but you would just google it anyways:P

m25105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 m25105
[QUOTE="paratheos"]Islam is a totalitarian ideology that disguises itself as religion, to enjoy tolerance and freedom in societies Islam has seeked to destroy for centuries. Evolved from a small band of desert raiders led by a bloodthirsty, sexually challenged eccentrist called Muhammad. It is the only "religion" which makes the taboo of manslaughter relative. While all religions say, "thou shouldst not kill" Islam says, "thou shouldst not kill Muslims and innocents" leaving it to the Muslims themselves to decide who is innocent.

It is a backward agressive idology built on racism and religious discrimination, giving rights to people according to their gender and religion. It is the complete opposite of our culture that is built on human rights and the separation of law, state and church, an ideology that tolerates other ideologies only after subduing them. Since the very early years Muslims brought destruction and death to peoples who were unlucky enough to get in the Muslim's way. Historical relations with Europe are almost entirely about Europeans fighting off Muslim agression since the early IXt century right until the XIXth when the final Muslim soldier was kicked out of mainland Europe (from Turkish-occupied Bulgaria). However, Muslims like to keep quiet about their bloody history but never fail to point the fingers of the Crusades, as if they hadn't waged a continuous war against other cultures an all continents wherre Muslims set foot.

The way Muslims lie and deceive others about the nature of their ideology is unparalleled. They also seem to suffer from a collective denial of facts which prevents them from realising the dark side of their religion and doing something about it, like Protestantism did to renew Christianity. Racism, sexism, intolerance and aggression are not unknown to other cultures but only Islam justifies this things by "the will of God". It is probably worse than Fascist as not even Nazis took the streets in happy celebration after killing several thousand civilians in a country with which feeds and supports many Muslim states. Gravely misunderstood and even patronised in Europe, Islam will lead to continent-wide civil wars in about 50-60 years on the parts of the continent where was stupid enough to let this Fascist ideology thrive.

Muslims usually claim that they are not all terrorists, which equals to whitewashing Nazism (the ideology probably closest to Islam) by saying that you can't blame a whole ideology for the crimes of a few Eichmanns. The greatest allies of Islam are political correctness and tolerance, the earlier out of simple ignorance, the latter out of cowardice and fear of conflict. Islam is the enemy of our values like freedom and human rights and therefore a deadly and uncompromising enemy of our civilization as well.

Yes, Urban dictionary. The source of knowledge. The topic of this thread seems to fly over the head of many people here.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 deactivated-5b19214ec908b

Yes, Urban dictionary. The source of knowledge. The topic of this thread seems to fly over the head of many people here. m25105
I understand what you're asking. You want to know why some people hold theHadith so highly even if it contradicts what is said in the Qu'ran.I want to know why you listen to any of it.

m25105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 m25105

[QUOTE="m25105"]Yes, Urban dictionary. The source of knowledge. The topic of this thread seems to fly over the head of many people here. toast_burner

I understand what you're asking. You want to know why some people hold theHadith so highly even if it contradicts what is said in the Qu'ran.I want to know why you listen to any of it.

Cause I'm a Muslim. Not everyone on the internet is an atheist.
Ilovegames1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Ilovegames1992

[QUOTE="m25105"]Yes, Urban dictionary. The source of knowledge. The topic of this thread seems to fly over the head of many people here. toast_burner

Because he was brought up to.

m25105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 m25105

[QUOTE="toast_burner"]

[QUOTE="m25105"]Yes, Urban dictionary. The source of knowledge. The topic of this thread seems to fly over the head of many people here. Ilovegames1992

Don't pretend to know anything about me or my personal life, please.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178883 Posts

[QUOTE="m25105"]

GazaAli

That is why we have many classifications of Hadiths and you probably know that. Regardless I as a "liberal" Muslim encourage people's freedom and the right to say what they want and I tend to question everything with an open mind so I really don't want to tell you to go read a certain book or ask some Shiehk about it. However, when I'm lost in anything in this world, i.e Excel formula, I ask someone I trust and acknowledge as knowledgable.

And the winner of double speak ladies and gentlemen....
Ilovegames1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Ilovegames1992

[QUOTE="Ilovegames1992"]

[QUOTE="toast_burner"]I understand what you're asking. You want to know why some people hold theHadith so highly even if it contradicts what is said in the Qu'ran.I want to know why you listen to any of it.

m25105

Don't pretend to know anything about me or my personal life, please.

So you converted then?

Zaibach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Zaibach

[QUOTE="Zaibach"]

[QUOTE="Ilovegames1992"]

Ok, one post.

Ilovegames1992

Actually, i'm not even going to agree that they are ignorant. Just because you can't argue you against it, don't just claim ignorance.

Oh I can argue against it but it would require that both parties know about islam beyond what they see on the news and what is filtered through the extremists.

Until then we cant have any real dialougue.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 deactivated-5b19214ec908b

[QUOTE="toast_burner"]

[QUOTE="m25105"]Yes, Urban dictionary. The source of knowledge. The topic of this thread seems to fly over the head of many people here. m25105

Cause I'm a Muslim. Not everyone on the internet is an atheist.

That didn't answer my question. Why follow the teaching of a book that encourages to flog people simply for committing adultery?

paratheos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 paratheos
Member since 2012 • 339 Posts

Because his parents indoctrinated him while his brain was still developing. There's no hope for him now.
Ilovegames1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Ilovegames1992

[QUOTE="Ilovegames1992"]

[QUOTE="Zaibach"]count again, look up look down, I'm on a horse

Zaibach

Oh I can argue against it but it would require that both parties know about islam beyond what they see on the news and what is filtered through the extremists.

Until then we cant have any real dialougue.

So pointing out the bad stuff of something=not knowing it?

Hmm.