Putin > Obama - Forbes.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by loco145 (10838 posts) -

This year the votes for the World’s Most Powerful went to Russian President Vladimir Putin. He climbs one spot ahead of U.S. President Barack Obama, who held the title in 2012.

Putin has solidified his control over Russia while Obama’s lame duck period has seemingly set in earlier than usual for a two-term president — latest example: the government shutdown mess. Anyone watching this year’s chess match over Syria and NSA leaks has a clear idea of the shifting individual power dynamics.

Source.

#2 Posted by MakeMeaSammitch (4550 posts) -

He is setting himself up to be a long term dictator to be fair, and he's far more brutal, in the classic "if you disagree with me you mysteriously disappear."

#3 Edited by Allicrombie (25516 posts) -

I like how Pope Francis is ranked 4th, after Putin, Obama, and Xi Jinping. If they were really judging on spheres of influence, shouldn't he be ranked higher?

#4 Edited by deeliman (3455 posts) -

@Allicrombie said:

I like how Pope Francis is ranked 4th, after Putin, Obama, and Xi Jinping. If they were really judging on spheres of influence, shouldn't he be ranked higher?

The Illuminati don't want people to know that.

#5 Posted by ristactionjakso (6115 posts) -

Drug addict > Obama

#6 Posted by TheFlush (5655 posts) -

Too bad Putin is a backwards acting sack of shit.

#7 Posted by Fightingfan (38011 posts) -

I voted for Putin in the 2012 election.

#8 Posted by HoolaHoopMan (7877 posts) -

And all agents of the Illuminati, the real powerhouse on Earth.

#9 Posted by chrisrooR (9027 posts) -

Putin's nothing more than an extension of the organized crime in Russia. He's absolute scum.

#10 Posted by Masculus (2878 posts) -

Didn't need the magazine in order to reach such conclusion. Putin is so much cooler than Obama.

#11 Posted by Barbariser (6761 posts) -

Well if critics of Obama want him to surpass Putin in power by incarcerating/assassinating House Republicans and bullying (read: blackmailing and threatening) G.O.P. legislators into passing laws he wants then they are perfectly welcome to experience the consequences.

CommaWikipedia: The comma is a punctuation mark, and it appears in several variants in various languages.

#12 Posted by worlock77 (22547 posts) -

@Masculus said:

Didn't need the magazine in order to reach such conclusion. Putin is so much cooler than Obama.

Please don't tell me you buy into the personality cult that Putin's constructing.

#13 Edited by Masculus (2878 posts) -

@worlock77 said:

@Masculus said:

Please don't tell me you buy into the personality cult that Putin's constructing.

Of course not! It's still entertaining though, and as far as their personas goes he's cooler than Obama - the latter also a myth and stage act. As far as politics goes they seen to stand in the same moral level, that is, the bottom.

#14 Edited by Serraph105 (28529 posts) -

@Allicrombie said:

As a christian (yet not a catholic) I must admit I much prefer this Pope's overall message of love, acceptance, and inclusion over the last couple of popes.

#15 Posted by sonicare (53607 posts) -

@TheFlush: You would think that. But on this site, people view him as a saint. As long as he isnt american, he's good.

#16 Posted by Stesilaus (3520 posts) -

@loco145 said:

Anyone watching this year’s chess match over Syria and NSA leaks has a clear idea of the shifting individual power dynamics.

#17 Posted by Fightingfan (38011 posts) -

@worlock77 said:

@Masculus said:

No, but there's no denying he was head of the KGB. I'm sure he's killed a few people with rocks.

#18 Posted by dave123321 (34363 posts) -

He has more swagger