People living off of gov. assistance should not vote.

• 169 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#151  Edited By branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts

I am surprised I am prompted to say this.

Use of the n-word --or ANY racist word for that matter-- is not allowed on GameSpot.

Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#152  Edited By deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

@BSC14 said:

@jasean79 said:

Does he even vote?

Is there a way to unanimously report him for fraudulent behavior?

Sadly, this happens a lot in the US, I see it quite often in my town (I even know one woman in particular that does it right now). It disgusts me knowing that I struggle everyday to make ends meet, yet there's these people raping the system and getting away with it. I'm with you on this, I am. However, there doesn't seem to be much we can do about it.

I thought about reporting him but I just don't want to deal with him if he thinks it might have been me.

The way I see it, either the government needs to crack down on these people or take away their right to effect the elections. Because as it stands a party can literally buy votes and that is what's happening now. It's just wrong on so many levels....

As far as "How much support is too much?"....I don't know.

Maybe people who pay so much % to taxes from their income would be eligible to vote...I don't know. I'm really just thinking out loud and don't even pretend to have the answers. I just know that at the moment it's jacked up.

I think you need to grow a pair and report him. I reported a coworker that was taking disability because of a "work related" injury and not even a week later was posting pictures on his Facebook of him doing various water sports in Florida. He isn't a cop anymore because of that.

The whole reason fraud is allowed to continue is because people are too scared to stand up and do something about it.

BSC14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153 BSC14
Member since 2002 • 4187 Posts

@airshocker said:

@BSC14 said:

@jasean79 said:

Does he even vote?

Sadly, this happens a lot in the US, I see it quite often in my town (I even know one woman in particular that does it right now). It disgusts me knowing that I struggle everyday to make ends meet, yet there's these people raping the system and getting away with it. I'm with you on this, I am. However, there doesn't seem to be much we can do about it.

I thought about reporting him but I just don't want to deal with him if he thinks it might have been me.

The way I see it, either the government needs to crack down on these people or take away their right to effect the elections. Because as it stands a party can literally buy votes and that is what's happening now. It's just wrong on so many levels....

Maybe people who pay so much % to taxes from their income would be eligible to vote...I don't know. I'm really just thinking out loud and don't even pretend to have the answers. I just know that at the moment it's jacked up.

I think you need to grow a pair and report him. I reported a coworker that was taking disability because of a "work related" injury and not even a week later was posting pictures on his Facebook of him doing various water sports in Florida. He isn't a cop anymore because of that.

The whole reason fraud is allowed to continue is because people are too scared to stand up and do something about it.

If it were just me I would have no issue doing just that but I have a family including a 6 year old I have to think about. He's a pretty shady guy and so are his friend...it's just better avoided really. I might still do it but it depends on if I can do it without my name being mentioned.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@BranKetra said:

I am surprised I am prompted to say this.

Use of the n-word --or ANY racist word for that matter-- is not allowed on GameSpot.

But he put it in quotes!

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#157 branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts
@lostrib said:

But he put it in quotes!

Regardless, that is the way it works.

@thegerg: Again, believe it or not, that is the truth.

dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#158  Edited By dave123321
Member since 2003 • 35553 Posts

Man I would have hoped that vfib would have known better.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#159 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts

You'd rob the democrats of their voter base and that's not fair.

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#160  Edited By wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

@dave123321 said:

It's scary that people are so open to taking away people's rights at the drop of a hat

this is 'murica, where people cant have rights to anything if I am opinionated enough about it! /s

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#161 commander
Member since 2010 • 16217 Posts

@BSC14 said:

Unless they are a vet or something along those lines.

I know I'll be called a racist by the (EDIT DUE TO MODS BECAUSE PEOPLE ARE CRYING) but let me clarify why I think this.

I never really thought about it until here lately after being around one of my neighbors. I moved next door to him a couple years ago and he claims disability. How he gets away with this is totally beyond me...I have seen him do his yard work, wood construction, get drunk regularly, pick up a small fridge full of frozen fish, come home with black eyes after getting in fights...you name it. Yet while able to do these things claims he can not work...though he does from time to time doing odd jobs around the neighborhood when he's low on beer money. On top of that, after hurricane Ike he got a new home because his turd of a house was damaged during the storm. And it's not a POS....see we live on Bolivar peninsula (somewhat small but decent area on the beach), close to Houston/Galveston and he got a brand new beach house and insisted he "needed" a lift (average of about $12k after installation) attached to the home that we have never seen him use even once. He got it...all of it. We needed a lift for my home because my father-in-law is in a wheel chair and so visiting is really difficult but then so is dropping $12k.

Anyway, I know for a fact this man could absolutely work. For two years I have watched him and some others in the area that are just like him take advantage of the system. They all tend to hang out drinking and having a good time but none of these guys and ladies work. Life is all about having a good time and letting the government pay for it and they have no shame about it either. To give you an idea of how he thinks, he told me the other day that the home owners association was on his butt about cleaning up around his home....he told me they need to come do it because he shouldn't have to. Amazing....

And he will proudly tell you he is a democrat supporter....because "the republicans don't care about people like him".

And I just thought to myself...."how many people are out there just like this guy and why should they be allowed to vote at all"

Most people vote for who they believe will benefit them most and I get that but then most also contribute to society. In this situation though one party is getting votes only because the voter wants to continue to get a free ride. Though being in Texas his vote is void really but what about all the people in so many other states?

I have never had a personal problem with the guy and we get along fine so far but I have to be honest and say I would have no problem stripping him of his right to vote.

There are people who really need help and then there are these parasites...

And by the way he's white...so don't pull the race card on me, it does not apply.

always the same thing with these people, jealousy

If he get's disablity then that's none of your business. They just don't give people disability just like that, doctors are not morons, the only moron here is you.

people like you shouldn't be allowed to post crap like this, i wouldn't say you should be stripped of your vote though, dumb assess have rights too.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162  Edited By commander
@airshocker said:

@BSC14 said:

@jasean79 said:

Does he even vote?

yeah of course, what kind of childsplay is this anyway (no i'm not a american) either the doctors don't know what they're doing, or they just cancel someone because someone reports him. Either way, that looks very unprofessional.

Where i live , facebook pictures don't mean shit, you need evidence from verified doctors, if they give you the green light for benefits, then they're the one responsible. If a doctor says i'm disabled then it doesn't matter what pictures i post on facebook. The only thing that can happen is that they need to check up on me again, but that happens anyway, yearly.

the amateurism lol

BSC14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163  Edited By BSC14

@evildead6789 said:

@BSC14 said:

I know I'll be called a racist by the (EDIT DUE TO MODS BECAUSE PEOPLE ARE CRYING) but let me clarify why I think this.

I never really thought about it until here lately after being around one of my neighbors. I moved next door to him a couple years ago and he claims disability. How he gets away with this is totally beyond me...I have seen him do his yard work, wood construction, get drunk regularly, pick up a small fridge full of frozen fish, come home with black eyes after getting in fights...you name it. Yet while able to do these things claims he can not work...though he does from time to time doing odd jobs around the neighborhood when he's low on beer money. On top of that, after hurricane Ike he got a new home because his turd of a house was damaged during the storm. And it's not a POS....see we live on Bolivar peninsula (somewhat small but decent area on the beach), close to Houston/Galveston and he got a brand new beach house and insisted he "needed" a lift (average of about $12k after installation) attached to the home that we have never seen him use even once. He got it...all of it. We needed a lift for my home because my father-in-law is in a wheel chair and so visiting is really difficult but then so is dropping $12k.

Anyway, I know for a fact this man could absolutely work. For two years I have watched him and some others in the area that are just like him take advantage of the system. They all tend to hang out drinking and having a good time but none of these guys and ladies work. Life is all about having a good time and letting the government pay for it and they have no shame about it either. To give you an idea of how he thinks, he told me the other day that the home owners association was on his butt about cleaning up around his home....he told me they need to come do it because he shouldn't have to. Amazing....

And he will proudly tell you he is a democrat supporter....because "the republicans don't care about people like him".

And I just thought to myself...."how many people are out there just like this guy and why should they be allowed to vote at all"

Most people vote for who they believe will benefit them most and I get that but then most also contribute to society. In this situation though one party is getting votes only because the voter wants to continue to get a free ride. Though being in Texas his vote is void really but what about all the people in so many other states?

I have never had a personal problem with the guy and we get along fine so far but I have to be honest and say I would have no problem stripping him of his right to vote.

And by the way he's white...so don't pull the race card on me, it does not apply.

If he get's disablity then that's none of your business. They just don't give people disability just like that, doctors are not morons, the only moron here is you.

people like you shouldn't be allowed to post crap like this, i wouldn't say you should be stripped of your vote though, dumb assess have rights too.

@BranKetra

I'm curious to see if the mod that agrees with you will reprimand you or address your reply for the name calling...or if he's as one sided as I suspect he is.

To suggest that people are not getting away with fraud when it comes to government assistance is just ridiculous. Get your head out of the sand.

And it's everyone's business who pays taxes.

AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 AutoPilotOn
Member since 2010 • 8655 Posts

@evildead6789: well not saying he is right but there is such thin as fraud which is everyone's business and maybe deserves to be looked into.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 commander

@BSC14 said:

@evildead6789 said:

@BSC14 said:

@BranKetra

I'm curious to see if the mod that agrees with you will reprimand you or address your reply for the name calling...or if he's as one sided as I suspect he is.

To suggest that people are not getting away with fraud when it comes to government assistance is just ridiculous. Get your head out of the sand.

well i don't live in america and you're a bunch of idiots anyway so why would I even care. Whatever happens , stay on the other side of the ocean please

BSC14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 BSC14

@evildead6789 said:

@BSC14 said:

@evildead6789 said:

@BSC14 said:

@BranKetra

well i don't live in america and you're a bunch of idiots anyway so why would I even care. Whatever happens , stay on the other side of the ocean please

Then stop acting like you know what you're talking about.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 commander

@AutoPilotOn said:

@evildead6789: well not saying he is right but there is such thin as fraud which is everyone's business and maybe deserves to be looked into.

I don't get this, disablity is measureable. If someone where i live (in belgium) gets disabllity then this is declared by a verified professional. If it seems that he isn't disabled , then the docter is responsible not the patient. Someone health status is a personal business but I can understand, in your culture, privacy is not really much of an issue like it is here in my country. If someone is disabled here, then that's really no ones business besides professionals.

If you would have to take someones word for it, then it's normal a lot people would fraud lol.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 commander

@BSC14 said:

@evildead6789 said:

@BSC14 said:

@evildead6789 said:

@BSC14 said:

@BranKetra

Then stop acting like you know what you're talking about.

I know you people only learn the hard way, i'm just trying to help. After all your culture is only a fraction in age of mine.

PannicAtack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 PannicAtack
Member since 2006 • 21040 Posts

Didn't Laihendi make this thread?

dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 dave123321
Member since 2003 • 35553 Posts

My main man Lai said this a while back:

Raising the voting age initially seems like a good idea since it would disproportionately harm the democrats, but it is actually a bad idea because it would effectively end the libertarian movement. A much better change would be to keep people on welfare (food stamps, housing projects, medicaid, etc.) from voting. They should not be allowed to vote because all they do is vote for politicians who propose tax increases on people who actually have money so that the welfare recipients will get a bigger check from the government. They are leeches and thieves.

THE_DRUGGIE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 140

#171  Edited By THE_DRUGGIE
Member since 2006 • 25107 Posts

@BSC14 said:

@bforrester420 said:

@BSC14 said:

@deeliman said:

Really stupid idea that wouldn't solve this issue at all, if it's even that much of an issue, I don't know how many people on welfare are frauds.

So it's a stupid idea but you don't even know if it's an issue or how many people are frauds?

Think it's a stupid idea? Ok...

I prefer to not let leaches like this effect the outcome of who is put in office.

That said I was not suggesting that taking away that right would fix fraud, just that they should not be allowed to effect an election.

Who cares what you think? The right to vote is a constitutionally protected right. I don't like that tax-exempt organizations should be able to affectelections, such as religious organizations, but I'm not going to petition to have their rights infringed upon because I don't like something.

Not that it has anything to do with this topic but I'm a structural engineer for petrochemical company in Houston. That's said what would it matter? You have to approve of my education before my opinion counts I guess?

Also I grew up dirt poor...literally had half a roof over my head as a kid so I have been there. Maybe you need to get info before spouting off and running your mouth.....mr "shut the **** up". I have been in those shoes...was for years.

And this is a forum...so you might not care about my opinion but only an idiot would bitch about someone posting an opinion on a forum.

By the way I pay taxes you moron so that's why I care....I pay a lot of taxes. Beside you libtards don't have an issue taking away protected rights like guns so don't preach to me.

Welp, I grew up dirt poor and pay my taxes; hell, I still remember some of the addicts that used to live under the staircases in the apartment building I lived in until I was 5. Still wound up growing up fairly poor after that, too. I've seen my fair share of people growing up with no money - hell, not even a meal to eat. They didn't sit around, they worked - yet they never made enough to get out of poverty and required government assistance to claw their way out of a trap that their bloodline was subjected to for generations (mine included). Without assistance, all they would have for a safety net would be the unsure, unsteady funding coming from an amalgamation of NGOs that have varying degrees of detail in their needs assessments (if they even conduct one, that is), making their ability to receive assistance more haphazard and less centralized, leading to confusion as to how they would even move up from their current situation. Hell, most people just give up at that point - continuing the cycle. Unfortunately, that's where a lot of low-information people with a grudge against welfare programs tend to examine the issue without much extended research into the people who work three jobs and still don't have enough for rent.

I should feel a little proud that growing up in that environment didn't influence me to whine about welfare recipients on the Internet and instead see that government assistance is a common good that only thick-headed people who fail to understand the long-term effects of poverty do not appreciate.

So yes, I will be Mr. Shut the **** Up for you, sir.

As such, I will say this to you: Shut the **** up.

Have a pleasant day.

BSC14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 BSC14

@THE_DRUGGIE said:

@BSC14 said:

@bforrester420 said:

@BSC14 said:

@deeliman said:

Really stupid idea that wouldn't solve this issue at all, if it's even that much of an issue, I don't know how many people on welfare are frauds.

So it's a stupid idea but you don't even know if it's an issue or how many people are frauds?

Think it's a stupid idea? Ok...

I prefer to not let leaches like this effect the outcome of who is put in office.

That said I was not suggesting that taking away that right would fix fraud, just that they should not be allowed to effect an election.

Who cares what you think? The right to vote is a constitutionally protected right. I don't like that tax-exempt organizations should be able to affectelections, such as religious organizations, but I'm not going to petition to have their rights infringed upon because I don't like something.

Not that it has anything to do with this topic but I'm a structural engineer for petrochemical company in Houston. That's said what would it matter? You have to approve of my education before my opinion counts I guess?

Also I grew up dirt poor...literally had half a roof over my head as a kid so I have been there. Maybe you need to get info before spouting off and running your mouth.....mr "shut the **** up". I have been in those shoes...was for years.

And this is a forum...so you might not care about my opinion but only an idiot would bitch about someone posting an opinion on a forum.

By the way I pay taxes you moron so that's why I care....I pay a lot of taxes. Beside you libtards don't have an issue taking away protected rights like guns so don't preach to me.

Welp, I grew up dirt poor and pay my taxes; hell, I still remember some of the addicts that used to live under the staircases in the apartment building I lived in until I was 5. Still wound up growing up fairly poor after that, too. I've seen my fair share of people growing up with no money - hell, not even a meal to eat. They didn't sit around, they worked - yet they never made enough to get out of poverty and required government assistance to claw their way out of a trap that their bloodline was subjected to for generations (mine included). Without assistance, all they would have for a safety net would be the unsure, unsteady funding coming from an amalgamation of NGOs that have varying degrees of detail in their needs assessments (if they even conduct one, that is), making their ability to receive assistance more haphazard and less centralized, leading to confusion as to how they would even move up from their current situation. Hell, most people just give up at that point - continuing the cycle. Unfortunately, that's where a lot of low-information people with a grudge against welfare programs tend to examine the issue without much extended research into the people who work three jobs and still don't have enough for rent.

I should feel a little proud that growing up in that environment didn't influence me to whine about welfare recipients on the Internet and instead see that government assistance is a common good that only thick-headed people who fail to understand the long-term effects of poverty do not appreciate.

So yes, I will be Mr. Shut the **** Up for you, sir.

As such, I will say this to you: Shut the **** up.

Have a pleasant day.

Well I'm happy you're trying your best to keep it real but it means little.

I never said anything negative about people who need help, just that they try their best. I have no issues with helping anyone who needs it but people like my neighbor only hurt the ones who really do need the help.

And still a party should not be able to buy votes....vote for me and I'll keep you dependent on us forever....yea, no.

Hallenbeck77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 Hallenbeck77  Moderator
Member since 2005 • 16879 Posts

When people begin insulting one another to prove a point, it's time to put the brakes on things.

To reiterate: using retard, libtard tard, (or any of the countless variations of that word), slurs, etc., are against the ToU and are not allowed--even in censor bypassed form. Quoting someone who used those terms, or quoting any post that's a site violation isn't allowed, either. The majority of users here have been here long enough to know better by now.

If anyone is upset by what I've posted, for closing this thread, or just thinks I'm being a power-mad jerk, you're more that welcome to let the community managers know.