Palin: Obama pals with Terrorist

• 161 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mysterylobster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 mysterylobster
Member since 2004 • 1932 Posts

Finally! I've been saying for months that this is an issue that the Republicans need to drive home if they want to win against 0bama. I'm speaking of his ties with unrepentant terrorist Bill Ayers, founder of the radical group Weather Underground.

Tell 'em Sarah Barracuda:

"This is not a man who sees America as you see America, and as I see America," Palin said. "Our opponent, though, is someone who sees America, it seems, as being so imperfect -- imperfect enough that he's palling around with terrorists who would target their own country. Americans need to know this. ... I think, OK we gotta get the word out. This is in fairness to the electorate we gotta start telling people what the other side represents."

http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/10/04/palin-accuses-obama-palling-terrorists/

Ace6301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Ace6301
Member since 2005 • 21389 Posts
Just when I started to think she may not be a bad choice after all...
Lab392

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Lab392
Member since 2006 • 6217 Posts
...so she accuses Obama of being a buddy of someone that he's, basically, been proven not even being close with? That sounds like something that can work against the McCain campaign, imo.
Maniacc1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#4 Maniacc1
Member since 2006 • 5354 Posts

Just when I started to think she may not be a bad choice after all...Ace6301

:lol: Same

-Austin-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 -Austin-
Member since 2008 • 2417 Posts
Good. Anything that keeps Comrade Obama out of office.
Sajo7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 Sajo7
Member since 2005 • 14049 Posts

Yeeeaaah, I'm not sure shes done anything positive in my book yet.

mysterylobster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 mysterylobster

...so she accuses Obama of being a buddy of someone that he's, basically, been proven not even being close with? That sounds like something that can work against the McCain campaign, imo. Lab392

What level of relations with a terrorist is acceptable? I think that's an important question we need to be asking ourselves. 0bama has had a closer relationship with this monster than anyone should have with a terrorist. It's as simple as that.

Theokhoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Theokhoth
Member since 2008 • 36799 Posts

...so she accuses Obama of being a buddy of someone that he's, basically, been proven not even being close with? Lab392

What is this proof, again?

Avatar image for NecroKvltMuffin
NecroKvltMuffin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 NecroKvltMuffin
Member since 2007 • 9334 Posts
I lol'd, someone's blind. "The Times article she mentioned concluded that Obama and Ayers did not appear to be close"
Ace6301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Ace6301
Member since 2005 • 21389 Posts
I thought she did alright in the debate. Still would never vote for her or McCain. But i mean I don't have the choice either since I am Canadian. This is kinda a little over zelous to declare though.
Lab392

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Lab392

[QUOTE="Lab392"]...so she accuses Obama of being a buddy of someone that he's, basically, been proven not even being close with? Theokhoth

"The Times article she mentioned concluded that Obama and Ayers did not appear to be close."

It's in the Fox article.

Theokhoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Theokhoth
Member since 2008 • 36799 Posts
[QUOTE="Theokhoth"]

[QUOTE="Lab392"]...so she accuses Obama of being a buddy of someone that he's, basically, been proven not even being close with? Lab392

"The Times article she mentioned concluded that Obama and Ayers did not appear to be close."

It's in the Fox article.

What New York Times article?

Lockedge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Lockedge
Member since 2002 • 16765 Posts

Finally! I've been saying for months that this is an issue that the Republicans need to drive home if they want to win against 0bama. I'm speaking of his ties with unrepentant terrorist Bill Ayers, founder of the radical group Weather Underground.

Tell 'em Sarah Barracuda:

"This is not a man who sees America as you see America, and as I see America," Palin said. "Our opponent, though, is someone who sees America, it seems, as being so imperfect -- imperfect enough that he's palling around with terrorists who would target their own country. Americans need to know this. ... I think, OK we gotta get the word out. This is in fairness to the electorate we gotta start telling people what the other side represents."

mysterylobster

Aren't terrorists supposed to incite terror? As in, make people incredibly fearful?

WU did none of that. They were radical, and were very misguided, but they stood up to a government that refused to listen(and in some cases prevented people from communicating their message). Of course, people died, but only their own through a fluke incident. They damaged property, but only when they were sure everyone was evacuated from the area.

What next, all protesters are terrorists? I mean, the Weather Underground were misguided in that they should have known they'd make no progress in getting the troops home, and that their demonstrations wouldn't accomplish anything, but there's absolutely nothing wrong in standing up for what you believe in, and telling the forces you put into power what they need to do.

Terrorist? No. Misguided? Of course. If something was going on in the world that you disagreed with completely, would you sit around doing nothing because you don't think you can make a difference, would you hope that things get fixed by a non-receptive government, or would you do what you feel is right and get out there to spread a message?

The only thing they did wrong was using explosives to destroy property, as their demonstrations. Non-violent protests work just as well, you just need to be able to get a huge horde of people in order for it to work.

SaintLeonidas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14 SaintLeonidas
Member since 2006 • 26735 Posts
In their attempt to make Obama look bad all they are going to do is make themselves look worse, add on to the already present criticism of their smear campaign, especially if they come out so bluntly and say he was a friend with terrorists, another dumb move on the McCain campaigns part.
Maniacc1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#15 Maniacc1
Member since 2006 • 5354 Posts
[QUOTE="Lab392"][QUOTE="Theokhoth"]

[QUOTE="Lab392"]...so she accuses Obama of being a buddy of someone that he's, basically, been proven not even being close with? Theokhoth

It's in the Fox article.

The one that Palin mentioned.

GabuEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#16 GabuEx
Member since 2006 • 36552 Posts
Gee, I'm gonna take a wild guess and say that it's October and Palin's ticket is down in the polls.
Ninja-Hippo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#17 Ninja-Hippo
Member since 2008 • 23434 Posts
It's amazing that she can come out with such unfounded slander and get away with it. :?
Sajo7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Sajo7

I thought she did alright in the debate. Still would never vote for her or McCain. But i mean I don't have the choice either since I am Canadian. This is kinda a little over zelous to declare though. Ace6301

She did alright for Sarah Palin, which was a pretty low standard to begin with. Biden refuted every point she made.

mysterylobster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 mysterylobster

I lol'd, someone's blind. "The Times article she mentioned concluded that Obama and Ayers did not appear to be close" NecroKvltMuffin

Obama served on a board with Ayers and has attended events hosted by this terrorist while campaigning for office. I ask again, is this acceptable level of personal and professional contact for a potential POTUS to have with a terrorist?

Lab392

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Lab392
[QUOTE="Lab392"][QUOTE="Theokhoth"]

It's in the Fox article.

The one referenced here.

_Brennan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#21 _Brennan_
Member since 2008 • 3241 Posts

Honestly, I don't think she has ever been a good choice at any time...

tman93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#22 tman93
Member since 2006 • 7769 Posts
Gee, I'm gonna take a wild guess and say that it's October and Palin's ticket is down in the polls.GabuEx
:o how did you know, are you..... go- I mean a mod?
Vandalvideo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#23 Vandalvideo
Member since 2003 • 39655 Posts
Obama served on a board with Ayers and has attended events hosted by this terrorist while campaigning for office. I ask again, is this acceptable level of personal and professional contact for a potential POTUS to have with a terrorist? mysterylobster
Yes, yes it is. This whole bashing Obama because of association is just downright stupid. We have freedom of association in this country. Sometimes I go hang out with my friend named Earl. Earl is in the Klu Klux Klan. Many of Earl's friends are racist. Surely that must mean that I'm a dirty racist who will stop at nothing to get Plessy v. Ferguson back into action right? No, it just means that I find Earl to be an intellectually stimulating individual. You shouldn't chastise people for who their friends are. I mean, the CIA was buddies with Hussein prior to the Iraq war. Not to mention we funded Bin Laden in the Russo-Afghan war. Surely America must be friends with terrorists! Its horrendous logic.
Avatar image for NecroKvltMuffin
NecroKvltMuffin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 NecroKvltMuffin
Member since 2007 • 9334 Posts

[QUOTE="NecroKvltMuffin"]I lol'd, someone's blind. "The Times article she mentioned concluded that Obama and Ayers did not appear to be close" mysterylobster

Obama served on a board with Ayers and has attended events hosted by this terrorist while campaigning for office. I ask again, is this acceptable level of personal and professional contact for a potential POTUS to have with a terrorist?

Oh I guess you're right. That man is a filthy terrorist. People fear for their lives everyday that he's gonna blow them up:|

warbmxjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#25 warbmxjohn
Member since 2007 • 6014 Posts
[QUOTE="mysterylobster"]Obama served on a board with Ayers and has attended events hosted by this terrorist while campaigning for office. I ask again, is this acceptable level of personal and professional contact for a potential POTUS to have with a terrorist? Vandalvideo
Yes, yes it is. This whole bashing Obama because of association is just downright stupid. We have freedom of association in this country. Sometimes I go hang out with my friend named Earl. Earl is in the Klu Klux Klan. Many of Earl's friends are racist. Surely that must mean that I'm a dirty racist who will stop at nothing to get Plessy v. Ferguson back into action right? No, it just means that I find Earl to be an intellectually stimulating individual. You shouldn't chastise people for who their friends are. I mean, the CIA was buddies with Hussein prior to the Iraq war. Not to mention we funded Bin Laden in the Russo-Afghan war. Surely America must be friends with terrorists! Its stupid logic.

/thread
Superbored

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Superbored
Member since 2008 • 1187 Posts

[QUOTE="NecroKvltMuffin"]I lol'd, someone's blind. "The Times article she mentioned concluded that Obama and Ayers did not appear to be close" mysterylobster

"He's done a lot of good in this city and nationally," Mayor Richard M. Daley said in an interview this week, explaining that he has long consulted Mr. Ayers on school issues." -NYTimes

Seeing a Bible in your avatar, I ask you to look past his, well, past and look at him now. Hes not the radical, bomb everything terrorist you believe him to be now.

Avatar image for superheromonkey
superheromonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 superheromonkey
Member since 2005 • 1568 Posts
I really wish we could stick to the issues...but I am a hopeless dreamer
warbmxjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 warbmxjohn
I really wish we could stick to the issues...but I am a hopeless dreamersuperheromonkey
Well then so am I :?
Lockedge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Lockedge
Member since 2002 • 16765 Posts

I really wish we could stick to the issues...but I am a hopeless dreamersuperheromonkey

I don't even know why politicians offer up a platform anymore. Everyone ends up forgetting it, and focuses on feceslinging.

Avatar image for superheromonkey
superheromonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 superheromonkey
Member since 2005 • 1568 Posts

[QUOTE="superheromonkey"]I really wish we could stick to the issues...but I am a hopeless dreamerwarbmxjohn

Lets move to lalaland where the unicorns roam, leprichauns sing, it rains happiness, poop smells like cinnamon buns and candidates run campaigns based on issues!!!

warbmxjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 warbmxjohn

[QUOTE="warbmxjohn"][QUOTE="superheromonkey"]I really wish we could stick to the issues...but I am a hopeless dreamersuperheromonkey

Lets move to lalaland where the unicorns roam, leprichauns sing, it rains happiness, poop smells like cinnamon buns and candidates run campaigns based on issues!!!

Ok but only if I don't have to learn anything :P
MattUD1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 MattUD1
Member since 2004 • 20715 Posts
The FBI/CIA must be really anti-American then...
mysterylobster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 mysterylobster
[QUOTE="mysterylobster"]

[QUOTE="NecroKvltMuffin"]I lol'd, someone's blind. "The Times article she mentioned concluded that Obama and Ayers did not appear to be close" Superbored

"He's done a lot of good in this city and nationally," Mayor Richard M. Daley said in an interview this week, explaining that he has long consulted Mr. Ayers on school issues." -NYTimes

Seeing a Bible in your avatar, I ask you to look past his, well, past and look at him now. Hes not the radical, bomb everything terrorist you believe him to be now.

Ayers is an unrepentant terrorist. I don't care what he's done lately; it's still true that he's never said his terrorist acts were wrong. In fact, he believes his monstrous acts were "on the side of justice."

0bama should have NO ties with this terrorist. That he's shown even the slightest interest reaching out to him personally and professionally should DISQUALIFY him for the office of President of the United States of America. God BLESS Sarah Palin for making this a campaign issue, because the American people NEED to know who their candidate has been hobnobbing with.

Forgive my grammatical whatevers; I'm very emotional right now as I type this.

warbmxjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 warbmxjohn
[QUOTE="Superbored"][QUOTE="mysterylobster"]

Ayers is an unrepentant terrorist. I don't care what he's done lately; it's still true that he's never said his terrorist acts were wrong. In fact, he believes his monstrous acts were "on the side of justice."

0bama should have NO ties with this terrorist. That he's shown even the slightest interest reaching out to him personally and professionally should DISQUALIFY him for the office of President of the United States of America. God BLESS Sarah Palin for making this a campaign issue, because the American people NEED to know who their candidate has been hobnobbing with.

You scare me, Im just glad its not a few hundred years ago or you'd likely be the first chanting burn the witch...
GabuEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#35 GabuEx
Member since 2006 • 36552 Posts

The very article you linked to said, and I quote, that "the Times article she mentioned concluded that Obama and Ayers did not appear to be close".

Isn't it against the Ten Commandments to knowingly lie?

Vandalvideo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Vandalvideo
0bama should have NO ties with this terrorist. That he's shown even the slightest interest reaching out to him personally and professionally should DISQUALIFY him for the office of President of the United States of America. God BLESS Sarah Palin for making this a campaign issue, because the American people NEED to know who their candidate has been hobnobbing with. mysterylobster
I tried to appeal to your logical side, you ignored it, so I'll try to appeal using turn of coin. You do realize that McCain and the republican party have been keeping some really nasty bed fellows right? Lets not forget about McCain's buddy who bashes the pope, avidly supports the killing of Arabic people, and forcedly bringing back jesus to the world! Thats right, I'm talking about Mr. Reverend Hagee! Even with the controversy behind Mr. Hagee McCain said, ""I'm glad to have his endorsement." at a 2008 town hall meeting. Or better yet, how about good old G. Gordon Liddy? Mr. Spent four years in jail for his involvment in Watergate, and in 1972 proposed kidnapping anti-war activists at the Republican National convention! Oh and don't forget his great display at Waco when he said, "Now if the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms comes to disarm you and they are bearing arms, resist them with arms. Go for a head shot; they're going to be wearing bulletproof vests ... Kill the sons of ********". He sure is the kind of person you want on your side no? McCain was also calling this guy his old friend, who like Ayers, promoted violent actions on American soil. Or better yet, how about Justice Clarence Thomas? Mr. , "I've been very partial to Malcolm X, particularly his self-help teachings. I have virtually all of the recorded speeches of Malcolm X." The same guy the Republican party put into the bench awhile back. Surely that must mean the Republican party loves Malcolm X and hates the man right? Both sides have bad bed fellows, and I was doing you a favor by attempting to say, "Drop it." Now you know, McCain aint peachy either.
Taegukki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Taegukki
Member since 2005 • 13241 Posts
[QUOTE="mysterylobster"][QUOTE="Superbored"][QUOTE="mysterylobster"]

[QUOTE="NecroKvltMuffin"]I lol'd, someone's blind. "The Times article she mentioned concluded that Obama and Ayers did not appear to be close" warbmxjohn

You scare me, Im just glad its not a few hundred years ago or you'd likely be the first chanting burn the witch...

You know, the same thoughts run through my head every time I read his posts. The republican party is just getting desperate and are using lies to sway the election...like they always do...

CrimzonTide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 CrimzonTide
Member since 2007 • 12187 Posts
TC, when are you going to give up? You are one of the most biased people I have ever seen post here, and you are treading down the path of no one taking you seriously any more...
mysterylobster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 mysterylobster

The very article you linked to said, and I quote, that "the Times article she mentioned concluded that Obama and Ayers did not appear to be close".

GabuEx

I'm not going to interpret what Palin meant by her comments. All I'm saying is that the on-the-record professional associations Obama has had with this terrorist, regardless of their level of friendship, are WELL beyond the range that should be acceptable for a potential President.

Sajo7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Sajo7

You know, the same thoughts run through my head every time I read his posts. The republican party is just getting desperate and are using lies to sway the election...like they always do...Taegukki

They're doing a really bad job this year, they should give Karl Rove a call.

septemberluc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 septemberluc
Member since 2006 • 2006 Posts

Uh, you know, there are people in other countries who would suggest that the current president of the United States is a terrorist.

I bet some of the not-so radical Muslims in Iraq were pretty freaking terrified during the G.W. Bush-led "shock and awe" campaign.

And doesn't John McMaverick stand pretty close to him 90% of the time? Does that make him 90% terrorist?

This is clearly a desparate attempt for the McCain camp to strike fear into the hearts of voters. It's pathetic. If Obama's apparent relation with this so-called "terrorist" was such a huge deal, why didn't this come to the forefront of the election during the whole Jeremiah Wright ordeal.

Failin.

Superbored

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Superbored
Member since 2008 • 1187 Posts
[QUOTE="Superbored"][QUOTE="mysterylobster"]

"Between October 1969 and September 1973, the Weather Underground claimed credit for some twenty bombings across the country, in which no one was harmed"

He did bomb buildings but it seems he made sure they were vacant when the denotations went off. He was a protester and any deaths resulting from his bombings were accidental. I'm not saying that excuses him but Obama isn't close with this man at all as that article says. I'd also like to mention Ayer is a professor of education at the University of Illinois today and again has ties with the Mayor of Illinois.

Its also obvious and shameful that Sarah is bringing this up to play on suspensions that Obama is a Muslim.

MFaraz_Hayat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 MFaraz_Hayat
Member since 2006 • 1794 Posts
[QUOTE="GabuEx"]

mysterylobster

I'm not going to interpret what Palin meant by her comments. All I'm saying is that the on-the-record professional associations Obama has had with this terrorist, regardless of their level of friendship, are WELL beyond the range that should be acceptable for a potential President.

All I read about these "ties" in the article(you gave the link of) was:

'Ayers now is a professor at the University of Illinois at Chicago. He and Obama live in Chicago's Hyde Park neighborhood and served together on the board of the Woods Fund, a Chicago-based charity that develops community groups to help the poor. Obama left the board in December 2002, and he has denounced Ayers' past activities. '

If he did charity work, good for him. If a criminal/anyone works with him (on a good cause), wtf is the problem?

mysterylobster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 mysterylobster

[QUOTE="mysterylobster"]0bama should have NO ties with this terrorist. That he's shown even the slightest interest reaching out to him personally and professionally should DISQUALIFY him for the office of President of the United States of America. God BLESS Sarah Palin for making this a campaign issue, because the American people NEED to know who their candidate has been hobnobbing with. Vandalvideo
I tried to appeal to your logical side, you ignored it, so I'll try to appeal using turn of coin. You do realize that McCain and the republican party have been keeping some really nasty bed fellows right? Lets not forget about McCain's buddy who bashes the pope, avidly supports the killing of Arabic people, and forcedly bringing back jesus to the world! Thats right, I'm talking about Mr. Reverend Hagee!

Don't even try to equate these people with one who's carried out attacks against America on U.S. soil.

MFaraz_Hayat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 MFaraz_Hayat
Member since 2006 • 1794 Posts
[QUOTE="mysterylobster"][QUOTE="Superbored"][QUOTE="mysterylobster"]

[QUOTE="NecroKvltMuffin"]I lol'd, someone's blind. "The Times article she mentioned concluded that Obama and Ayers did not appear to be close" Superbored

"Between October 1969 and September 1973, the Weather Underground claimed credit for some twenty bombings across the country, in which no one was harmed"

He did bomb buildings but it seems he made sure they were vacant when the denotations went off. He was a protester and any deaths resulting from his bombings were accidental. I'm not saying that excuses him but Obama isn't close with this man at all as that article says.

Its also obvious and shameful that Sarah is bringing this up to play on suspensions that he is a Muslim.

That too, without evidence. Republicans sure are getting desperate......

Vandalvideo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Vandalvideo
Don't even try to equate these people with one who's carried out attacks against America on U.S. soil. mysterylobster
Don't try to equate? You realize that Liddy was preaching THE MURDER OF ATF AGENTS?!
Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts
Sure why not? After all Reagan was pals with both Iran and Iraq, gave them both weapons to kill one another..
Sajo7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Sajo7

That too, without evidence. Republicans sure are getting desperate...... MFaraz_Hayat

I'm actually getting a little confident that Obama is going to win.

Now that I've jinxed it hopefully my cynicism will return when President McCain is inaugurated. :P

Hungry_bunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Hungry_bunny
Member since 2006 • 14293 Posts
I don't think that's a good card to play, if it had been one then wouldn't McCain's campaign have used it already... hundreds of times?
Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

[QUOTE="Vandalvideo"][QUOTE="mysterylobster"]0bama should have NO ties with this terrorist. That he's shown even the slightest interest reaching out to him personally and professionally should DISQUALIFY him for the office of President of the United States of America. God BLESS Sarah Palin for making this a campaign issue, because the American people NEED to know who their candidate has been hobnobbing with. mysterylobster

I tried to appeal to your logical side, you ignored it, so I'll try to appeal using turn of coin. You do realize that McCain and the republican party have been keeping some really nasty bed fellows right? Lets not forget about McCain's buddy who bashes the pope, avidly supports the killing of Arabic people, and forcedly bringing back jesus to the world! Thats right, I'm talking about Mr. Reverend Hagee!

Don't even try to equate these people with one who's carried out attacks against America on U.S. soil.

I see, so its ok to support killing "brown" people in the middle east. A life is a life.. Regardless what nation, race, or creed they are.. To even ignore something like that and say "they can't compare" is not ethical.