• 52 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

guitarshr3dd3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 guitarshr3dd3r
Member since 2009 • 1151 Posts

Hello fellow oters! I was curious and looked up a Ouija board and couldn't really find a video that seemed legit, so I'm here to ask: Have any of you tried a Ouija Board, and if so, did anything happen or is it just a gimmick?

TehFuneral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 TehFuneral
Member since 2007 • 8237 Posts

I have tried it when I was a child ... now its dusty, semi - wrecked somewhere enclosed in a box.

adzzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 adzzy
Member since 2004 • 229 Posts

I tried it as a kid but nothing happened it turns out there were not originally made to contact ghost. It was a board game for two people to play and ask questions about each other. Then con artist started using it to trick people that they are talking to Ghost.

knightseason

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 knightseason
Member since 2006 • 1260 Posts

There is only 1 way to talk to ghosts (if they are real that is) and that is to become one yourself :P

junglist101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 junglist101
Member since 2007 • 5517 Posts
Accordind to this movie I saw if you use one you may become possessed later.
no_more_fayth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 no_more_fayth
Member since 2010 • 11928 Posts

Ouija board, ouija board, ouija board.

Will you work for me? :o

Avatar image for deactivated-5e9357e99ffb8
deactivated-5e9357e99ffb8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 deactivated-5e9357e99ffb8
Member since 2007 • 1255 Posts

I had one a few years back, but my mom refused to let me use it :P Guess its weird.

Welcome back too shredder!

TheFlush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8 TheFlush
Member since 2002 • 5965 Posts

I have tried it when I was a child, of course it didn't work. There's no evidence for the existence ghosts so the chances of a Ouija board to work are very slim.

Overlord93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Overlord93
Member since 2007 • 12602 Posts
Did you watch Qi last night out of interest? They were talking about it. I too have wished to try it, they aren't that easy to come across though since everyone seems to be scared of them :?
Overlord93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Overlord93
Member since 2007 • 12602 Posts

I have tried it when I was a child, of course it didn't work. There's no evidence for the existence ghosts so the chances of a Ouija board to work are very slim.

TheFlush
They were actually designed as nothing to do with ghosts! :o they were supposed to be a way of reading thoughts deep inside your own miind
Oleg_Huzwog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Oleg_Huzwog
Member since 2007 • 21885 Posts

Wait... am I to understand that you're actually open to the possibility that Parker Brothers manufacturers and sells working devices that allow us to communicate with spirits?

CUDGEdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#12 CUDGEdave
Member since 2010 • 2597 Posts

Many years ago one of my neighbours had a ouija board night,And thinking this is bs things went ape**** voices,objects moving,suffice to say I didn't hang about!:o

adzzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 adzzy
Lol I watched that epidode of QI awhile back that's how I found out it was a board game.
KeredsBlaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 KeredsBlaze
Member since 2010 • 2049 Posts
I have tried it many times, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, depends on the environment, the ppl ur with, and who ur trying to contact
Avatar image for 19elderscroll86
19elderscroll86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 19elderscroll86
Member since 2011 • 751 Posts

Dont ever mess with one of those, I dont care if you believe in it or not, you might open a door that you cant close. I have a friend who used one once and was tormented by a demon until he had to move out of his house.

19elderscroll86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 19elderscroll86

TheFlush

Why are people so ignorant to the exsistance of ghosts, when there are thousands of videos, pictures, and evp recordings of ghosts. I dont need any proof since I have seen them since I was 6 years old.

19elderscroll86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 19elderscroll86

Wait... am I to understand that you're actually open to the possibility that Parker Brothers manufacturers and sells working devices that allow us to communicate with spirits?

Oleg_Huzwog

People have been using these spirit boards long before they were mass produced.

arad96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#18 arad96
Member since 2009 • 7783 Posts

DANGER! Don't try to get one of those. If demons can actually be called by that, then you best stay as far away as possible from one of those boards.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c03000d4b1b4
deactivated-5c03000d4b1b4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 deactivated-5c03000d4b1b4
Member since 2010 • 1750 Posts
i'm curious about ouija boards too. i want to talk to a demon, but the videos on youtube look so fake
lbjkurono23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 lbjkurono23
Member since 2007 • 12544 Posts

There is only 1 way to talk to ghosts (if they are real that is) and that is to become one yourself :P

knightseason
How does one go about becoming a ghost? :P
TheFlush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 TheFlush

[QUOTE="TheFlush"]

19elderscroll86

Why are people so ignorant to the exsistance of ghosts, when there are thousands of videos, pictures, and evp recordings of ghosts. I dont need any proof since I have seen them since I was 6 years old.

oh please, show me a couple of those thousands of videos.
And I haven't heard a single piece of EVP recording yet that wasn't totally multi-interpretable crap.

19elderscroll86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 19elderscroll86

[QUOTE="19elderscroll86"]

[QUOTE="TheFlush"]

TheFlush

And I haven't heard a single piece of EVP recording yet that wasn't totally multi-interpretable crap.

Whatever helps you sleep at night. I dont care if believe me or not.

TheFlush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 TheFlush

I have a friend who used one once and was tormented by a demon until he had to move out of his house.

19elderscroll86

But suppose demons exist, they are not supposed to be physical beings are they? So how come they are bound to a physical location like a house? Why couldn't the demon follow him to another house?

Oleg_Huzwog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Oleg_Huzwog
Member since 2007 • 21885 Posts

[QUOTE="Oleg_Huzwog"]

19elderscroll86

People have been using these spirit boards long before they were mass produced.

Is that a yes?

guitarshr3dd3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 guitarshr3dd3r
Member since 2009 • 1151 Posts
So far mixed feelings about it! I'm skeptical but curious!
adzzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 adzzy

The only reason ghost exist is to scare people in the form of stories or to comfort loved ones thinking that those that passed are still here watching.

there is no proof that ghost exist or will ever exist as for when we die we will remember what we did before we were born and thats nothing.

Some people cant explain stuff that they see or herd but that dont give them theright to come up with what ever fairy tale they want.

This being said I still love horrors and creepy films and the feeling of being scared by paranormal stuff tho i dont believe any of it.

To this day I still dont like long narrow hallways because in my mind i will try and creep my self out by picturing something at the other end.

rockerbikie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#27 rockerbikie
Member since 2010 • 10027 Posts
i'm curious about ouija boards too. i want to talk to a demon, but the videos on youtube look so fakenarutosup
You want to be tortured by a demon...
rockerbikie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 rockerbikie
Member since 2010 • 10027 Posts

[QUOTE="TheFlush"]

19elderscroll86

Don't worry about him. Internet+Animosity=****

Xeogua

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Xeogua
Member since 2010 • 1542 Posts

Hello fellow oters! I was curious and looked up a Ouija board and couldn't really find a video that seemed legit, so I'm here to ask: Have any of you tried a Ouija Board, and if so, did anything happen or is it just a gimmick?

guitarshr3dd3r

I try to stay away from stuff like that, but some people had one out in the school parking lot one time and I was curious about it so I went over there to check it out and it was getting all the questions right, that stuff is freaky.

Installing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Installing
Member since 2010 • 678 Posts

They are bull****

TheFlush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 TheFlush

[QUOTE="TheFlush"]

rockerbikie

Don't worry about him. Internet+Animosity=****

Yeah, let's pretend demons exist...... so in short, a non-physical being requires a piece of wood to enter your reality.
That is so logical and rational, except for the fact that it's not!

I suppose a ouija board can be dangerous. If you are a mentally unstable person or you have a mental disorder.

BrianB0422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#32 BrianB0422
Member since 2009 • 1636 Posts
Used one once. It basically navigates by the energy in your fingers when resting on the little wooden peice. Your mind will subliminally move the peice to something that makes sense. For instance, myself and a friend asked, "what was the worst thing to happen to (our home town)". We got "Vampires 1812". He could've been controlling it, but I don't know. Essentially, its a fun time killer, but don't put too much faith into it. PS: Ghosts aren't real.
ElectricEchoes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#33 ElectricEchoes
Member since 2010 • 204 Posts

I'm not one to be superstitious or anything, but I wouldn't try it. According to one of Aunt's she did it in her apartment when she was young and all the mirrors in the house smashed. She could just be talking rubbish to me though.

Brozekial

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Brozekial
Member since 2010 • 744 Posts
These things will only work if the people that are using it are serious and actually wanting to contact something. And for those that think Parker Bros. wouldn't do that, well, it doesn't require a board to contact spirits. The board itself is just a tool to be more precise with your channeling. A couple of my friends (who had never done it, but were very interested) did it with me. They were very serious about it and they weren't moving the dial. I know, because when you put pushing weight on the dial, it tips at an angle, so you can see if someone is pushing it. We were playing for over 3 hours one night and we got a few minor contacts, some of which were very hesitant to answer, but we talked to two people in particular for a long time. One was a man who claimed to have been bludgeoned to death from behind by someone in his family because he had an affair with his wife and he kept wanting us to kill them. And another piece of evidence that my friends weren't faking: they knew NOTHING about this sort of thing and when I was researching rules and tips and stuff (alone, with no one looking over my shoulder) the website said that if the dial starts counting down numbers or letters that something was trying to escape. And without me telling them that, the board, when we were talking to this guy, said "FIGHT" and then started counting down. That was when I told them what was happening. Another, and the longest contact we had, was a woman who claimed to have killed her husband and was killed in the 70s on death row. Apparently her name was Rachel and the man was abusive and oddly enough, she would hesitate greatly when I would ask her questions, but when the female participant asked, she was quick. Also, when anyone would make a joke, she would stop answering and spell the word "awkward." This happened when I asked her a personal question about why she killed her husband. I asked her and she spelled "awkward" and I asked why it was awkward and she said "because man." So that's when we switched mediums. And the last contact we had of the night was very short, but it personally had an impact on me. I was the medium and this guy said his name was Jared. I asked him if he was in the room with us and he said no. I asked where he was and he said "ER." I asked, "ER? Like emergency room of a hospital?" He replied yes. I asked him if he was sick, he said yes. I asked with what, and he spelled out cancer. AS SOON as he landed on the R in cancer, my entire body started shivering cold, almost like I'd been slightly electrocuted like putting my hand in a socket. It was very short lived, but it freaked me out. After that, he stopped talking to me. Anyway. I know it's legit. Doesn't really matter what skeptics say. It's all about how serious and determined you are to contact them. And it doesn't require the board by Parker Bros.
bbkkristian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#35 bbkkristian
Member since 2008 • 14971 Posts
Never tried it, goes against Christianity. :| Seriously.
Mario2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#36 Mario2007
Member since 2005 • 2520 Posts
Never tried it, goes against Christianity. :| Seriously.bbkkristian
According to which passage? Just curious
bbkkristian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#37 bbkkristian
Member since 2008 • 14971 Posts

[QUOTE="bbkkristian"]Never tried it, goes against Christianity. :| Seriously.Mario2007
According to which passage? Just curious

Don't know, just heard it from my dad, he would know.

gameofthering

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 gameofthering
Member since 2004 • 11286 Posts

Dont ever mess with one of those, I dont care if you believe in it or not, you might open a door that you cant close. I have a friend who used one once and was tormented by a demon until he had to move out of his house.

19elderscroll86

Ghosts/spirits are just dead people. You don't open doors or portals, the dead are all around you.

needled24-7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 needled24-7
Member since 2007 • 15902 Posts

[QUOTE="TheFlush"]

19elderscroll86

cause ghosts only come out in the dark when it's night time, derp

Pixel-Pirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Pixel-Pirate
Member since 2009 • 10771 Posts

If you believe in that sort of thing I'd suggest staying far away. It's the equivilant of leaving your door wide open in a really bad neighborhood. You have no idea what will walk in.

white_wolf922

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 white_wolf922
Member since 2010 • 257 Posts

Just some advice if you want to contact spirts be very careful. A Ouijia board is probably the safest way to do it thought, but it is still very risky. Oh, and don't toy around with books of demon summoning unless you are actualy well versed in the occult becuase you very well might summon something.

TheNewEraIcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#42 TheNewEraIcon
Member since 2009 • 12196 Posts

Never even seen a Quija board in person, I'm not all that tempted to mess with one though to be honest :P

Whether they "work" or not is totally up in the air, I just find them a bit creepy

Sunsha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Sunsha
Member since 2005 • 20662 Posts
I tried it once when I was a teen. I was disappointed by the results.
imaps3fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 imaps3fanboy
Member since 2009 • 11169 Posts
Don't believe in that garbage, and I've never tried due to it being ridiculous
JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#45 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts
My mom, who's a devout Jehovah's Witness believes in them... and that alone scares me enough to not try them.
killerband55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 killerband55
Member since 2003 • 107961 Posts

they used one on MTV's FEAR, and the outcome was quite interesting (i miss that show)

psychobrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#47 psychobrew
Member since 2008 • 8888 Posts

Accordind to this movie I saw if you use one you may become possessed later.junglist101

Only if you use it by yourself.

TheMadGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 TheMadGamer
Member since 2003 • 8670 Posts

DANGER! Don't try to get one of those. If demons can actually be called by that, then you best stay as far away as possible from one of those boards.

arad96
This.
Avatar image for heysharpshooter
heysharpshooter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 heysharpshooter
Member since 2009 • 6348 Posts

For most people, a Quija Board will never work

However, I am reluctant to use one, as using one may be an... invitation to certain... forces

Not like Paranormal Activity BTW... she was already being hunted by a demon before the board...

metroidfood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 metroidfood
Member since 2007 • 11175 Posts

Ouija boards are fake. If ghosts were real, why do they need your hands on it to spell out words?

It's just people unintentionally moving it themselves. Since there are usually multiple people, no one is sure who is moving it and it appears to be due to ghosts or demons or whatever ridiculous thing is haunting the room.